Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379837 times)
YacLives

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:48:22 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 03:24:10 AM by YacLives

Gday all i just want to introduce myself i am but a lowly small miner but however have been watching this thread and YAC

from the beginning i made a thread in the newbie section consolidating all of our current software and links to those

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231455.0

and one at the official YACoin forum http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,275.0.html

you are welcome to monitor it and keep it bumped or direct people towards it as ill keep it updated im here everyday

P2pool node here that supports the official forum http://pool.yacointalk.com:8336

also ive been really interested in what the techheads here think or speculate of how spintronics will effect YAC in the future

and if anyone feels like setting something up to promote YAC in some way when we finnaly find out how GPUs' will effect YAC
in the near future im always open to help out in anyway i can
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

Gday all i just want to introduce myself

Welcome aboard! I'm new too but also been lurking since the beginning. Good job promoting in the newbie forum. I still 100% believe YAC is the best coin around right now, we just need some more community action and promotion to get more adoption. I think it's crucial for YAC to have more users mining because we don't want to risk a 51% attack like FTC and other coins in the past. Botnets and GPU farms are still a major threat right now, and to combat that we need as many individuals mining as possible.

EDIT:
Of course, I am forgetting about POS which we are starting to get some blocks of now, so I think a 51% attack is less likely, but still... more hashrate is always welcome. Also I think maybe you might be better off posting that newbie guide in this forum rather than on the newbies forum because it will just fall off the radar there in an instant due to the high volume of new posts there. What does everyone else think?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Welcome aboard! I'm new too but also been lurking since the beginning. Good job promoting in the newbie forum. I still 100% believe YAC is the best coin around right now, we just need some more community action and promotion to get more adoption. I think it's crucial for YAC to have more users mining because we don't want to risk a 51% attack like FTC and other coins in the past. Botnets and GPU farms are still a major threat right now, and to combat that we need as many individuals mining as possible.

Thanks alot, and i think its just a matter of not being even 60% sure of what will happen in even 6 months time with the way we hash it/secure it

so untill it becomes a bit clearer to certain people that support YAC

we need to just sit tight and keep supporting the infrastructure which is the software devs to build that solid foundation to launch its primary uses i guess and focus

but i could be wrong its just my thought

i came out because i saw some people reach out out to get a feel for who else is still interested in the dev of YAC

so its good to see you come out also Smiley

so my thoughts are once we get a better feeling for whats in the near future for this coin and its engine

we will have a better sense on how to manage the coin and where we can take it

and untill then people will continue to sit on the sidelines but im sure many are watching it

mberg2007

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:27:07 AM

Well, first we need a much wider Bitcoin adoption... IMHO alternative cryptocurrencies are just for the "community", to test new features and come up with possible improvements for some "new" (read: widely-adopted) cryptocurrency (or become one).

For me, the value of YAC is its innovation.

And have any of these alt coins managed to achieve such improvements? Unfortunatley, no. Their technological achievements are negligible - mostly stabs at shorter transaction times and (in vain) preventing concentrated mining efforts by using different hashing algorithms.

Once all YACoin have been mined, it will be functionally identical to LTC, FTC and BTC for that matter. The only exception is the faster transaction time, which comes at the expense of security.

Like it or not, speculators are driving the Bitcoin market forward. This is a truly free market after all. And as there's no effective way of short-selling Bitcoin, all they can do is force the price to rise.

I don't understand what you mean. Don't miners sell their BTC for USD? This will drive the price down. You can also short sell Bitcoin by selling futures contracts on sites like icbit.se.

But apart from that I disagree that Bitcoin is being driven by speculators. BTC is a widely accepted form of currency, and it has a thriving market. There are very things that cannot be purchased with BTC, unlike the alts which have no commercial support whatsoever. Frankly I don't see why they should have.

- Michael
procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:04:38 AM

Regarding an auction site, this is probably what would be used to make one: http://www.webidsupport.com/

Would just need to add a payment plugin for YAC and get it hosted. If no one else takes this up, I may do it once I get some free time. At a minimum I would post a number of items to whatever marketplace site was created for YAC.

For an alternative choice, I've used http://www.phpprobid.com/ before and found it pretty versatile. Not used it for a couple of years so can't vouch for current reliability/security.
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:09:10 AM

There are very things that cannot be purchased with BTC, unlike the alts which have no commercial support whatsoever. Frankly I don't see why they should have.

- Michael

Im sure the same was said about BTC in its first days, i believe that some alts will evolve the same way

I dont see a problem with the way BTC is traded for usd and thats much the same as any currency is they have their uses and are accepted where others arn't

I also see no reason why some alt coins will not do the same thing and treat BTC like it treats the usd and other established currencies

people will inevitably adopt them

for what they stand for or the service they provide or the benefits of using them and even the ability to be somewhat alternative because you choose to use them or even just their name and availability

and in a twist of thought just like the world is inevitably forced to co exist with Bitcoin because each have the power to take one another down the same as alts and BTC and ill elaborate if needed but im sure you get

my drift and im sure you know how ugly it would get

and that shouldn't and wont happen because they are all each forced to co exist so just flow with it and try to be optimistic about all of their potentials
sairon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:07:27 AM

this is a strange YAC address. or is there more that start with X's. and why?

http://yacexplorer.tk/address/Xz7bAZ4ME8AqeLSptV1jKcm29giyVwoFkz

Xz7bAZ4ME8AqeLSptV1jKcm29giyVwoFkz

YACoin uses address prefix version 77, see:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

Once all YACoin have been mined, it will be functionally identical to LTC, FTC and BTC for that matter. The only exception is the faster transaction time, which comes at the expense of security.

Errm, I don't think any of us will live to see it as there's a 2 Billion cap. There's 3.3 M YAC so far, and IMO the generation will slow down considerably as PoS blocks take over.

Like it or not, speculators are driving the Bitcoin market forward. This is a truly free market after all. And as there's no effective way of short-selling Bitcoin, all they can do is force the price to rise.

I don't understand what you mean. Don't miners sell their BTC for USD? This will drive the price down. You can also short sell Bitcoin by selling futures contracts on sites like icbit.se.

But apart from that I disagree that Bitcoin is being driven by speculators. BTC is a widely accepted form of currency, and it has a thriving market. There are very things that cannot be purchased with BTC, unlike the alts which have no commercial support whatsoever. Frankly I don't see why they should have.

- Michael

I think we're both right. Smiley

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
mberg2007

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:41:07 AM

Im sure the same was said about BTC in its first days, i believe that some alts will evolve the same way

They will only evolve if they can bring something new to the table. What does YAC offer, that makes it attractive and sets it apart from BTC?

If I introduced a new currency that had no purpose except to be exchanged for USD, would the american public adopt my currency in stead of their own? I think they would ask "why?" and I don't think I would have a good answer for them.

I dont see a problem with the way BTC is traded for usd and thats much the same as any currency is they have their uses and are accepted where others arn't

But that's just the point. YAC is not accepted anywhere I do business. If anyone is to "accept" YAC they would have to have a compelling reason to use it in stead of USD or BTC.

people will inevitably adopt them

They won't, unless they have good reason to. Can you think of one? I can't.

for what they stand for or the service they provide or the benefits of using them and even the ability to be somewhat alternative because you choose to use them or even just their name and availability
and in a twist of thought just like the world is inevitably forced to co exist with Bitcoin because each have the power to take one another down the same as alts and BTC and ill elaborate if needed but im sure you get
my drift and im sure you know how ugly it would get

I don't get your drift, sorry. Alt coins provide no service or benefits on their own, they don't have any "power". They only have the value that people put in them.

and that shouldn't and wont happen because they are all each forced to co exist so just flow with it and try to be optimistic about all of their potentials

YAC will not gain any value unless you can spend it on something. That's the only potential they have.

-Michael

- Michael
sevenseals

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:14:27 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 12:43:26 PM by sevenseals

We need a browser miner like "bitcoinplus" to make mining easy for all users.
Then we can prevent 51% attacks by botnets and GPU farms.
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:19:20 PM

I like how everyone is trying to find ways to help spreading YACoin. That's the spirit guys!
dcl595

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:43:18 PM

If someone could develop a web based miner I have some nice ways to help promote and distribute yac... anyone know where I would start on a script like that?
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:05:03 PM

If someone could develop a web based miner I have some nice ways to help promote and distribute yac... anyone know where I would start on a script like that?
I am sure I have seen a java applet for mining Bitcoin but can't remember the name ATM. Also I don't know of anything that could mine neither scrypt that litecoin uses nor the scrypt variation that uses YAC-
dcl595

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:17:03 PM

I am sure I have seen a java applet for mining Bitcoin but can't remember the name ATM. Also I don't know of anything that could mine neither scrypt that litecoin uses nor the scrypt variation that uses YAC-

bitcoinplus? something like that would be great
sevenseals

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:36:00 PM

there is a java applet for bitcoins at www.bitcoinplus.com
WindMaster (OP)

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:28:02 PM

Most likely a Java implementation of scrypt-chacha will yield pretty low hash rates compared with an actual optimized SSE or AVX-enabled miner on the same hardware.
sairon

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

Most likely a Java implementation of scrypt-chacha will yield pretty low hash rates compared with an actual optimized SSE or AVX-enabled miner on the same hardware.

Also, who has java enabled in their browser these days?

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:37:35 PM

Thanks alot, and i think its just a matter of not being even 60% sure of what will happen in even 6 months time with the way we hash it/secure it

so untill it becomes a bit clearer to certain people that support YAC

we need to just sit tight and keep supporting the infrastructure which is the software devs to build that solid foundation to launch its primary uses i guess and focus

but i could be wrong its just my thought

i came out because i saw some people reach out out to get a feel for who else is still interested in the dev of YAC

so its good to see you come out also Smiley

so my thoughts are once we get a better feeling for whats in the near future for this coin and its engine

we will have a better sense on how to manage the coin and where we can take it

and untill then people will continue to sit on the sidelines but im sure many are watching it

Thanks for the introduction shroomz - what's the fee on your p2pool - perhaps I didn't read everything, or it wasn't posted?

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:58:16 PM

Regarding an auction site, this is probably what would be used to make one: http://www.webidsupport.com/

Would just need to add a payment plugin for YAC and get it hosted. If no one else takes this up, I may do it once I get some free time. At a minimum I would post a number of items to whatever marketplace site was created for YAC.

Where can you get that plugin? I got some free time left...

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:24:59 AM

Thanks Hanzac for taking the leap today,

and on another note i have made a Think Tank at the offical YACoin forum http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,273.msg991.html#msg991

its a place where all of our great minds here can come together and develop ideas, decide what is best and agreed upon

then get in their own branches and bring them to reality

Its a place so us as stakeholders and anyone interested can float ideas and agree upon them as a community as opposed to soling it

I made it because ive noticed we are all spread out and really need a place to come together and then we can present them here

because at the moment we get alot of exposure here but its confusing to find out whats happening with YAC unless you have read all the threads from the begining.
bitdwarf

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:35:38 AM

Transanctions are still blazingly fast, I love it. Grin

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: