Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379837 times)
JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:46:23 AM

Essentially I am talking about an *official* yacoin takeover.

WindMaster, I think your version should become the official version.

Everyone would applaud and it would be a very good thing for Yacoin..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YacLives

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:18:35 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 03:20:58 AM by YacLives

Essentially I am talking about an *official* yacoin takeover.

WindMaster, I think your version should become the official version.

Everyone would applaud and it would be a very good thing for Yacoin..

It is the official client, the 64b windows version was released by Hanzac.

The same person who just released an experimental GPU miner its all here http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,275.0.html
x3maniac

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:23:29 AM

i have a problem sending funds

when i do
Code:
yacoind sendtoaddress xxxxxxx xx
i get
Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Error: Transaction creation failed  "}

thanks in advanced
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:31:37 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Error: Transaction creation failed  "}

thanks in advanced

Ill try and help although ive never used yacoind to send funds

Firstly make sure your yacoind is synced first before you try sending funds type yacoind getinfo to check your balence to make sure you have funds

then yacoind getmininginfo to see what block your daemon is synced to as of right now mine says  88886

if its not synced then it wont let you send funds if it is synced let me know if that helps

i understand your running your own p2pool node i have one also but havent sent funds from it yet

and im not sure if you are able to send while its running with python as ive never tried
x3maniac

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:47:43 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

Firstly make sure your yacoind is synced first before you try sending funds type yacoind getinfo to check your balence to make sure you have funds

then yacoind getmininginfo to see what block your daemon is synced to as of right now mine says  88886

if its not synced then it wont let you send funds if it is synced let me know if that helps

i understand your running your own p2pool node i have one also but havent sent funds from it yet

and im not sure if you are able to send while its running with python as ive never tried
yes it is synced up, and yes i am runing my own p2pool node.

i turned it off and tried to send payment. no good.
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:02:19 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

try restarting it with the -rescan command it could be a number of things any chance you have looked at the debug log
maybe there are too many inputs also are you accounting for the transaction fee its hard to help if we i cant see any logs
because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000
x3maniac

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:09:36 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 04:33:12 AM by x3maniac

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

try restarting it with the -rescan command it could be a number of things any chance you have looked at the debug log
maybe there are too many inputs also are you accounting for the transaction fee its hard to help if we i cant see any logs
because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000

hmmp no such commands for keypool i believe

edit: this is from the debug log
Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new
edit 2:i tried it again this time i moved the money to a new account i made on the wallet and i get a new error
Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  getheaders 88941 to 0000000017d79144f9a9
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:34:47 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000

Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new

Code:
if (!CreateTransaction(scriptPubKey, nValue, wtxNew, reservekey, nFeeRequired))
    {
        string strError;
        if (nValue + nFeeRequired > GetBalance())
            strError = strprintf(_("Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least %s because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds  "), FormatMoney(nFeeRequired).c_str());
        else
            strError = _("Error: Transaction creation failed  ");
        printf("SendMoney() : %s", strError.c_str());
        return strError;
    }

if (fAskFee && !uiInterface.ThreadSafeAskFee(nFeeRequired, _("Sending...")))
        return "ABORTED";

if (!CommitTransaction(wtxNew, reservekey))
        return _("Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.");

return "";

found this ins the source so you might need to export privkeys and import to new wallet but im not sure at least we are getting somewhere
x3maniac

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:52:10 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new

Code:
if (!CreateTransaction(scriptPubKey, nValue, wtxNew, reservekey, nFeeRequired))
    {
        string strError;
        if (nValue + nFeeRequired > GetBalance())
            strError = strprintf(_("Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least %s because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds  "), FormatMoney(nFeeRequired).c_str());
        else
            strError = _("Error: Transaction creation failed  ");
        printf("SendMoney() : %s", strError.c_str());
        return strError;
    }

if (fAskFee && !uiInterface.ThreadSafeAskFee(nFeeRequired, _("Sending...")))
        return "ABORTED";

if (!CommitTransaction(wtxNew, reservekey))
        return _("Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.");

return "";

found this ins the source so you might need to export privkeys and import to new wallet but im not sure at least we are getting somewhere
i'm going to give that a try tomorrow. i'll let you know how it goes
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:56:26 AM

GPU miner released, heh..
I'm not so hyped about it.. YAC isn't special anymore, right?
WindMaster (OP)

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:19:19 AM

Well, hanzac's GPU miner doesn't perform especially well compared with mtrlt's normal scrypt+salsa kernel for mining other scrypt coins on the same hardware.  Hanzac's OpenCL kernel was already mostly released way way back in this thread, he just needed to fix a few bugs.  Anyone that wants to mine YAC really fast on GPU's will have to do a whole lot more than just port the scrypt+chacha code from the scrypt-jane library to OpenCL, which is why I've been maintaining for a while that there's probably many GPU implementations out there that can mine YAC, but probably very few (but at least 1) that actually do it fast enough to be worthwhile.

I tested it long enough to mine about 5 blocks of YAC then switched my GPU farm back to mining LTC.
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:23:40 AM

Well, hanzac's GPU miner doesn't perform especially well compared with mtrlt's normal scrypt+salsa kernel for mining other scrypt coins on the same hardware.  Hanzac's OpenCL kernel was already mostly released way way back in this thread, he just needed to fix a few bugs.

I tested it long enough to mine about 5 blocks of YAC then switched my GPU farm back to mining LTC.
GPU farm? You have a CPU farm too, right?
What's your job?  Grin
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:11:32 AM

GPU farm? You have a CPU farm too, right?
What's your job?  Grin
OMG don't ask obvious questions, if he has a farm, he is obviously a farmer  Grin
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:32:20 AM

Dont make me be the first person to post here >>>http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,273.0.html
mberg2007

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:37:33 PM

Also, who has java enabled in their browser these days?

Oh, everyone? At least if you live in a country like I do, where all public, governmental and online banking sites are secured with a centralized java applet. Disable java and you have no way to interact with the government or your bank.

- Michael
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:43:38 PM

A public GPU miner is only going to add miners to YAC, which, in my opinion is a good thing. I have a few GPU rigs and ALL of them have the absolute worst, yet most power efficient CPU's - so, not viable for YAC mining. Now that I can point some of them at YACoin, I can get back in the game. I'm guessing it's the same for many. Also, as WM already mentioned, the performance difference isn't like any other scrypt implementations - so for those that have good CPU's, mining is also still viable for them.  
sairon

Activity: 406

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:15:10 PM

Also, who has java enabled in their browser these days?

Oh, everyone? At least if you live in a country like I do, where all public, governmental and online banking sites are secured with a centralized java applet. Disable java and you have no way to interact with the government or your bank.

- Michael

Hah, gave me a good laugh, thanks! Cheesy

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

A public GPU miner is only going to add miners to YAC, which, in my opinion is a good thing. I have a few GPU rigs and ALL of them have the absolute worst, yet most power efficient CPU's - so, not viable for YAC mining. Now that I can point some of them at YACoin, I can get back in the game. I'm guessing it's the same for many. Also, as WM already mentioned, the performance difference isn't like any other scrypt implementations - so for those that have good CPU's, mining is also still viable for them.  

I agree with this, especially since N is at a high enough level now so that GPU miners don't have THAT much of an advantage over CPU miners. I'm still solo-mining on my i7-2700k just fine.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:03:26 PM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

Break the amount you want to send into few smaller ones. It is very likely that you are attempting to send so much inputs that YACoin client
refuses to create such transaction due to transaction size and / or fee limits.

As far as I know, -keypool value works only when making new wallet. It specifies the number of keys wallet is to keep as reserve at all times
and it is useful only if person is not making wallet backups frequently but regulary and frequently creates many new addresses for receiving coins.
If both criteria are fulfilled but person uses default keypool of 100, it can happen that when rolling back to old backup some coins will be missing
due to keypool of old wallet being exhausted, e.g. newer wallet "knows" more used keys than older one.

Thats correct its for creating reserve addresses I was trying to get him to throw random ideas at the problem notice how i didnt format -keypool 1000 properly
that was also a work of deductive arts Smiley Sherlock would be so proud, but thanks mate
Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

I agree with this, especially since N is at a high enough level now so that GPU miners don't have THAT much of an advantage over CPU miners. I'm still solo-mining on my i7-2700k just fine.

Agree and disagree - I know there were people who were able to do their own OpenCL implementation and get them running ahead of one being publicly released.... However, the GPU in my laptop (7850M) is running at roughly 4x the rate of the CPU (i7 3610M) - that's quite a bit of an advantage!

In comparing YAC on GPU to BTC on GPU, It's looking to me that the newer cards (7xxx) do great at this algorithm, while older cards (5870, I'm looking at you), aren't so good, even though they may crush in BTC hashrate...

7850 -> 140 KH/sec YAC, 310 MH/sec BTC
5870 -> 100 KH/sec YAC, 400 MH/sec BTC

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: