Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379837 times)
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:41:06 PM

After looking at the bitcoin pull request, it looks like the main concern is, has enough testing been completed to implement such a potentially (though not likely) dangerous feature. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YacLives

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:42:31 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 04:56:19 AM by YacLives

firstly i will apologize for my frustration and im not really pointing my finger at any one person but im about to lose my shit with this coin and its devs or lack of rather.

we have our talent spread all over the internet and no one has a clue what the current plan or update is of this damn coin.

we have all these fantastic ideas that we post here and there and none of them get done,and they keep piling up all while
we cant even get proper clients built for every damn os, the coin is two months old and this thread is 37 pages long!!!

this coin sells itself and the development and attention will come in time but at least WM can you be a little more transparent about your thoughts
and plans and can you say something about making a client that works, because like it or not people look to you and will follow your lead!
 i mean that is the simplest of things that we need to happen we cant deploy the thing.
because it dosnt work on certain os and offers no features at all i mean we dont even have a damn testnet how are pools meant to test

i really think this is a piss poor effort from alot of you and i think it really, like always boils down to leadership and people trying to keep it quiet so they can mine more
but thats just backwars you make mining proifitable and eco freindly by increasing its value and accesability! (im not attacking anyone in pert so please dont focus on the wrong part of my point here)

now in saying all of this i could be a bit naive to the logistics of such things but we need to build a damn foundation and that means we need a working client deploy sytem
because im sick of seeing people having to answer so many questions about where to get one that is current or that even works...keep in mind that people dont want to have to surf so many
damn pages just to find a working client or even how to install the thing having to change folder options to show appdata to make a config file or make a damn bat file just to run your miner

i know all this is open source but you all have stake here and thats the incentive enough its not about short term investment its about calculating your time vs the end result of the investment and im telling you something most of you know already not a damn chance your gonna get more money for the same time you spend on this working a job or small business then you will when you sell up  

now i see people working on GPU miners and trying to make it profitable or working on this and that but i dont see anyone trying to work on a client with features to be flexible enough to build stuff around instead of
building it to fit everything

id really like to see something along the lines of the gui recognising the .exe's and what not in a folder for the client and giving them as a option to use or import a new miner from where ever you chose to download it to within 3 or less clicks done then add the url to your pool and enter your userpass and away you go, that way no need to build it around miner programs but miners have to be built around that one premise..anyhow i think ive got my point across sorry for the tldr post but i cant be the only one frustrated at this

just keep in mind i understand people are busy and have different projects but no one is even talking about this shit or standing up to get it cracking so i wonder what the hell is going on and i watch this thread and the forums everyday so imagine what anyone else thinks that dosnt. we dont need to go overboard with promo but we do need to start at the basics

bitdwarf

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:15:58 AM

Are you checking the yacointalk forum?

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
digger

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 05:27:34 AM

YAC 's price deceasing.

GPU miners have left yac.

what's have done in the two months about YAC's bugs?

for example,

can't submit work when encrypt wallet.

"proof of stake" always destroy some "proof of work".

doge pool: http://dog.ltcoin.net ,yac pool: http://yac.ltcoin.net ,bbq pool: http://bbq.ltcoin.net ,Litecoin pool, http://ltcoin.net dig feathercoin , http://fc.ltcoin.net bitbar pool: http://btb.ltcoin.net wdc pool: http://wdc.ltcoin.net
forsetifox

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

The yacoin network has been 75-100Mhash for a couple weeks now.

I would expect a good price on Yacoin some time after August 13.

Wink
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:08:20 AM

firstly i will apologize for my frustration and im not really pointing my finger at any one person but im about to lose my shit with this coin and its devs or lack of rather.

we have our talent spread all over the internet and no one has a clue what the current plan or update is of this damn coin.

we have all these fantastic ideas that we post here and there and none of them get done,and they keep piling up all while
we cant even get proper clients built for every damn os, the coin is two months old and this thread is 37 pages long!!!

this coin sells itself and the development and attention will come in time but at least WM can you be a little more transparent about your thoughts
and plans and can you say something about making a client that works, because like it or not people look to you and will follow your lead!
 i mean that is the simplest of things that we need to happen we cant deploy the thing.
because it dosnt work on certain os and offers no features at all i mean we dont even have a damn testnet how are pools meant to test

i really think this is a piss poor effort from alot of you and i think it really, like always boils down to leadership and people trying to keep it quiet so they can mine more
but thats just backwars you make mining proifitable and eco freindly by increasing its value and accesability! (im not attacking anyone in pert so please dont focus on the wrong part of my point here)

now in saying all of this i could be a bit naive to the logistics of such things but we need to build a damn foundation and that means we need a working client deploy sytem
because im sick of seeing people having to answer so many questions about where to get one that is current or that even works...keep in mind that people dont want to have to surf so many
damn pages just to find a working client or even how to install the thing having to change folder options to show appdata to make a config file or make a damn bat file just to run your miner

i know all this is open source but you all have stake here and thats the incentive enough its not about short term investment its about calculating your time vs the end result of the investment and im telling you something most of you know already not a damn chance your gonna get more money for the same time you spend on this working a job or small business then you will when you sell up  

now i see people working on GPU miners and trying to make it profitable or working on this and that but i dont see anyone trying to work on a client with features to be flexible enough to build stuff around instead of
building it to fit everything

id really like to see something along the lines of the gui recognising the .exe's and what not in a folder for the client and giving them as a option to use or import a new miner from where ever you chose to download it to within 3 or less clicks done then add the url to your pool and enter your userpass and away you go, that way no need to build it around miner programs but miners have to be built around that one premise..anyhow i think ive got my point across sorry for the tldr post but i cant be the only one frustrated at this

just keep in mind i understand people are busy and have different projects but no one is even talking about this shit or standing up to get it cracking so i wonder what the hell is going on and i watch this thread and the forums everyday so imagine what anyone else thinks that dosnt. we dont need to go overboard with promo but we do need to start at the basics

I think you can't ask other people to do anything no matter what reason. Everyone should be responsible for his own action. That means if you want to buy in YAC, then you need to promote it by your own (for example, provide some online services, or even improve the client by yourself.) or you just willing to take the risk and you know the risk can bring you fortune or eat your investment.

You're asking some one to fulfill your will to make some money. This is really stupid and naive, don't act like a baby.
Sahtor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:45:06 AM

I'd like to see yacoin.org frontpage updated more often with better clients. There needs to be official release channel that doesn't include pocopoco anymore.
sunce86

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:13:14 AM

I'd like to see yacoin.org frontpage updated more often with better clients. There needs to be official release channel that doesn't include pocopoco anymore.

Are you willing to pay for that or do it yourself? If not, why should someone do it for you? You see, this board and cryptocoin community in general
is full of incompetent people demanding a lot of things and expecting to get them for free. That is not how Open Source projects work. You either
put your time and / or money where your mouth is or you stay quiet.

+1
bitdwarf

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:27:36 AM

There's actually a basic facelift for yacoin.org sent to the admin days ago, but it hasn't gone up yet. So a couple of us are talking of setting up an alternative homepage.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
digger

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 08:28:52 AM

can't submit work when encrypt wallet.

"proof of stake" always destroy some "proof of work".

Use separate wallet for mining. PoS is more valuable than PoW, check PPC explorer > http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/PPCoin

Yes, proof of stake is good, but i don't hope it will destroy "proof of work"

doge pool: http://dog.ltcoin.net ,yac pool: http://yac.ltcoin.net ,bbq pool: http://bbq.ltcoin.net ,Litecoin pool, http://ltcoin.net dig feathercoin , http://fc.ltcoin.net bitbar pool: http://btb.ltcoin.net wdc pool: http://wdc.ltcoin.net
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:50:03 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 10:27:54 AM by Balthazar

Unfortunately, current block weighting implementation has the fundamental flaws. As the result, YaC is vulnerable to Stake-based double-spend. YAC developers must to do something with this as soon as possible. Centralized checkpointing, for example, will workaround this and provide some time to implement the new block weighting algorithm.

P.S. NovaCoin is not affected, it has checkpoints and introduces balanced weighting in 0.4.3. This prevents accidental chain forks and pure PoS double-spend/DoS attacks possibility.
JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:47:03 AM

There's actually a basic facelift for yacoin.org sent to the admin days ago, but it hasn't gone up yet. So a couple of us are talking of setting up an alternative homepage.

I am the owner of yaco.in and i can host the website on my server. I can also make the web site, but i need help for the content, because i'am not english spoken...
let me know if i can do something to help..
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:54:02 PM

I am the owner of yaco.in and i can host the website on my server. I can also make the web site, but i need help for the content, because i'am not english spoken...
let me know if i can do something to help..

You can host the web and the client as long as the client won't make a fork of the block-chain. Wink
If you need the built of the client, just let us know, we can aid for that.
WindMaster (OP)

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:09:08 PM

Possibly I missed your git pull request with all the contributions and patches you've made to help give back to the community by helping to improve the YACoin client code.  Can you send them again?
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:20:34 PM

Possibly I missed your git pull request with all the contributions and patches you've made to help give back to the community by helping to improve the YACoin client code.  Can you send them again?

Grin +1

...speaking of.... gotta go remind ali1234 about the pull request on cpuminer...

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
YacLives

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 02:42:51 PM

lol i achieved what i set out to do  Wink
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 05:18:15 PM by Beave162

I think yacoin is in a good spot.  If you looked at the amount of work and intelligent thought invested in the coin and compare it to the market cap, I think it is poised for growth.  Imagine if it became more mainstream off the bat... I think you would have seen a lot of people buy-in for a little bit and then drop it for a similar alternative.  Right now, I'm pretty sure OneCoin is the only alt trying to copycat yacoin.  I imagine one might be developed with a higher N value starting off.  I think it is important that yacoin lies relatively low for a few more N-value increases.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
bitdwarf

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:37:49 PM

Mmh, would it be possible to know at any moment how many coins are maturing for PoS and say, if a big wallet is maturing in the next hour, require more confirmations than normal?

Edit: Ok, the wallet could be split. Still, could the possibility of a PoS double spend be anticipated by looking at how many coins are maturing in the network?

Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:04:06 PM

lol i achieved what i set out to do  Wink

Get a sarcastic comment about your post from WindMaster while probably cheesing him off in the process?  Bravo.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:22:52 PM

Mmh, would it be possible to know at any moment how many coins are maturing for PoS and say, if a big wallet is maturing in the next hour, require more confirmations than normal?

Edit: Ok, the wallet could be split. Still, could the possibility of a PoS double spend be anticipated by looking at how many coins are maturing in the network?
There is no way to detect active stake holder before his chain will be published. Besides, confirmations amount doesn't matter, malicious stakeholder could overwrite more than more than billion pow blocks by publishing one stake.

The only solution is enable broadcasted checkpointing immediately to workaround this problem. It will give some time to think about better solution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: