Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth alt coin thread I forgot to mod last thread.  (Read 80153 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:29:10 AM

Do you think it has to do with insufficient power being supplied to the PSU or driver issue with the board?
It sounds like the PSU is being overdrawn and shutting itself down for protection.

this is my conclusion

I have the H110 -- you need to power both molex on the mobo to make it work stable.

I can get away without the molex powered if I run XMR but once you mine ZEC or ETH, you need the extra juice and both 4-pin molex needs to be powered.

With all 13 x GPUs  (GA and Sapphire RX 470s)

Scenario 1: XMR - 1 Delta 2400w and PICO kit (consuming 1000-1200watts)

Scenario 2: ZEC and ETH - 1 Delta for all the risers and GPUs, and 1 x ATX PSU to power mobo and the 2 damn 4-pin molex (1600-1700watts)

You use 2 different molex wires or one molex wire with 2 of its 4 connections?

Since my ATX PSU is used only for the mobo, I use 2 x cables to power each molex just to be on safe side. I dont trust these 4pins molex.

My PCIE cables are custom made to power the RX470 and riser together - the RX470 rom modded so that single cable will not exceed threshold.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:40:12 AM

Do you think it has to do with insufficient power being supplied to the PSU or driver issue with the board?
It sounds like the PSU is being overdrawn and shutting itself down for protection.

this is my conclusion

I have the H110 -- you need to power both molex on the mobo to make it work stable.

I can get away without the molex powered if I run XMR but once you mine ZEC or ETH, you need the extra juice and both 4-pin molex needs to be powered.

Scenario 2: ZEC and ETH - 1 Delta for all the risers and GPUs, and 1 x ATX PSU to power mobo and the 2 damn 4-pin molex (1600-1700watts)

Since my ATX PSU is used only for the mobo, I use 2 x cables to power each molex just to be on safe side. I dont trust these 4pins molex.

My PCIE cables are custom made to power the RX470 and riser together - the RX470 rom modded so that single cable will not exceed threshold.
Can anyone explain the red LED to me?

This is the card for reference (Asus 1080 TI turbo blower) http://amzn.to/2xIvsbQ

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:42:13 AM

Requesting some help here, esp Citronick as I know you use this board

LOL Vosk (love your doge, what his name again?)

... I am no expert but for the multi GPUs 12/13/19 slots -- you will have PSU headaches esp for higher end cards (dual 8pins)

The rule of thumb is as follows:

The risers need to be powered and initalized by the mobo first.

Lastly, the GPUs gets power and sees all risers synch with mobo.

Therefore, your risers and mobo, need to be on 1 x PSU.

And your all your GPUs with the Delta.

I doubt it if you can go up to 12/13/19 x 1080tis -- unless you can follow the guide above and still have enough ports on the Deltas.

I think 8 x 1080ti on a riserless board like what Phil is doing is the gold standard now for perfect - highest density, highest hash.

Another solution that worked for me was a special cable that powers the GPU and riser at the same time (1 single cable) -- but that was on RX470/480 or 1070s -- ie. single 6/8pin). For higher end cards like 1080ti -- that will be more complicated.... you will run out of ports in no time on the Deltas.

Phil, sootha, Storx may have some creative ideas - anyone?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:44:10 AM

this is my conclusion

<snipped>
This is the card for reference (Asus 1080 TI turbo blower) http://amzn.to/2xIvsbQ

Not enough power Vosk.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:46:18 AM

I just received my D1800 today, wanting to attempt to power this thing with just a server PSU, i was curious if im understanding this correctly... the 3 slots in front of the MOLEX connectors will power just those 3 correct?

The reason i am asking is because i am going to test running the mobo off a server psu only, because from doing a little research, the onda forum someone mentioned that it only uses the 12v off those 3 molex and 3 sata connectors only... so have no clue what the point of using those 2 connector types period...

The Molex only has +12v and +5v

The Sata power has +12v, +5v, and +3.3v

If the info is correct and its really only needing +12v and ground to run each PCIe slot, then that is golden and im just gonna solder directly to those pins and bypass the Molex and Sata connectors...

<snipped>

Storx -- did it work?

I am interested in this solution - that will make things a lot easier.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:49:48 AM

Requesting some help here, esp Citronick as I know you use this board

... I am no expert but for the multi GPUs 12/13/19 slots -- you will have PSU headaches esp for higher end cards (dual 8pins)

I doubt it if you can go up to 12/13/19 x 1080tis -- unless you can follow the guide above and still have enough ports on the Deltas.

I think 8 x 1080ti on a riserless board like what Phil is doing is the gold standard now for perfect - highest density, highest hash.

Another solution that worked for me was a special cable that powers the GPU and riser at the same time (1 single cable) -- but that was on RX470/480 or 1070s -- ie. single 6/8pin). For higher end cards like 1080ti -- that will be more complicated.... you will run out of ports in no time on the Deltas.

you mean Tails? Cheesy haha that's awesome you like her, she definitely rocks. She's currently rolling her favorite ball onto the keyboard to try and get me to play with her instead of my seemingly never ending crypto projects

Proper technique is simply to fire up atx/board and then after 1-2 seconds plug server PSU in?

I'll make that change tomorrow AM and see if that hopefully fixes it, this project was a little more ambitious than I like lol xD

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:34:02 AM

Getting this board tested... generic board - 9 slots PCI and 1 compute card that I got from Panto-tech in Alibaba.

I am too lazy to do this test in the farm because it hot as hell 35-36c - I may faint after 30 mins or so...

My nice and comfy air conditioned office is one floor below the farm.

I have to use the lowest power card available not in production with a 6pin power input.

Found 9 pieces of GPUs.... Asus Strix R7-370 x 8 and a lone R7-370 Nitro+

Really old cards these but safe enough not to power trip the whole warehouse.

I think these cards will consume more LESS than 1000w (fingers crossed) and whole rig below 5A - my workbench is connected to a 20A circuit.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:55:08 AM

I love the layout of that board.  Card spacing looks excellent!

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:16:02 PM

Getting this board tested... generic board - 9 slots PCI and 1 compute card that I got from Panto-tech in Alibaba.

I am too lazy to do this test in the farm because it hot as hell 35-36c - I may faint after 30 mins or so...

I have to use the lowest power card available not in production with a 6pin power input.

I think these cards will consume more LESS than 1000w (fingers crossed) and whole rig below 5A - my workbench is connected to a 20A circuit.

<snipped>

Okay..... here's some findings on this board

1. Wont post with smOS USB stick
2. Planning to install Windows with 8 x GPU (dumped this idea)
3. Quick chat with Panto tech team....

- this board is designed and certified for P106 mining GPUs
- 1070 maybe just maybe depending on PL for each card.
- Windows supports 8 GPU
- Linux supports all 9 GPU slots

for 1070, 1080tis, they suggest the board like what Phil is testing so that you can juice up 4gb or more RAM and faster CPU.

I wouldn't use this board if only for P106s.

Maybe for 1070s or RX470s -- investing on boards like this is NOT worth it -- otherwise good to have and not necessary because I am not intending to win the most sexiest mining rig - main objective is get-rid of risers as much as possible, and improve density further to 7-9 cards per rig - riserless.

xppb00

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:40:39 PM

<snipped>

- Windows supports 8 GPU

for 1070, 1080tis, they suggest the board like what Phil is testing so that you can juice up 4gb or more RAM and faster CPU.

Maybe for 1070s or RX470s -- investing on boards like this is NOT worth it -- otherwise good to have and not necessary because I am not intending to win the most sexiest mining rig - main objective is get-rid of risers as much as possible, and improve density further to 7-9 cards per rig - riserless.

What CPU board on it? and how much is that? I believe you need to buy separate.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

<snipped>

- Windows supports 8 GPU

What CPU board on it? and how much is that? I believe you need to buy separate.

PCI compute card

soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:31:39 PM

Ideas for what I've quoted here? (Sorry crazy busy at work. Don't use Azure, kids)

What you are saying is sound but you do not have to have all the risers on the same PSU. I had multi-PSU setups before and for the addition ones (not plugged into the mobo) I simply shorted the pins to keep the PSU on at all times (I'm talking ATX PSUs here). If I had to do a full shutdown I would:

1) Power up additional PSU
2) Power up main PSU/boot the machine

This setup worked for me.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7863

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:32:50 PM

<snipped>

- Windows supports 8 GPU

right now  my board  is rock solid running 6x 1070's  on an 850 watt psu.

smos under clocked power to 95 watts per card.

I got the msi itx  1070 today and pulled the 1080 ti out put in the msi 1070 itx.  this board looks good.  for six  with a 16gb stick of ram and the i5 6400t cpu.

waiting for more 1070's

it is not going to run  8x 1080 ti's

I will try 7x 1070's with 1 x 1080ti

I can order 10 for :

1180 boards
  174 shipping
    68 paypal fee
     41 Alibaba ins fee

1463       so 147 a board to my house in New Jersey ,USA

so I mark it up to 155 plus shipping at cost to USA  say 175 a board.

Any one want it?  I need to get 10 .  No rush to pay

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:41:52 PM

No I think even the Vega56 can do it. There's a guy who's been advertising his optimised miner in the forums, if I find the thread again, I'll post it in here.

Edit: ...and here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2256917.0

Vega64 can do 2000 H/s using cast-xmr using first soft power table reg for Vega 64 (1100MHz HBM @ 905mV)  from https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/ at ~210W
But can do also 1800 H/s using a low power reg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uq3Om2MXOE at ~135W.

Vega 56 can do it on XMR-STAK (1800-1900+) if you apply aftermarket air or water cooling.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:51:51 PM

this is my conclusion

I have exactly the same behavior at one of my 1080ti rig... I still don't know why 3 cards from 6 are with the LEDs blinking white (I have 1080ti Aorus), although the cards are mining with no issue. The rig has 2 PSU and 2 cards connected to one + 1 card connected to the second PSU shows this behavior.... Does your cards are mining?
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:07:33 PM

this is my conclusion

I have exactly the same behavior at one of my 1080ti rig... I still don't know why 3 cards from 6 are with the LEDs blinking white (I have 1080ti Aorus), although the cards are mining with no issue. The rig has 2 PSU and 2 cards connected to one + 1 card connected to the second PSU shows this behavior.... Does your cards are mining?

It is a power stability issue.

see if you can read each cable with a meter.  my guess is the two jacks in have like 11.9 and 12.3  so the card is letting you know that.  just a guess.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:39:58 PM

I can order 10 for :

1180 boards
  174 shipping
    68 paypal fee
     41 Alibaba ins fee

which board is it youre referring to? the one that needs a cpu/sodimm and has 8 slots? i may be interested in one.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

I can order 10 for :

1180 boards
  174 shipping
    68 paypal fee
     41 Alibaba ins fee

which board is it youre referring to? the one that needs a cpu/sodimm and has 8 slots? i may be interested in one.
I might be as well but I can't promise anything. Can't even pay the bills this month without selling off some crypto.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Spotswood

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:22:28 PM

I can order 10 for :

1180 boards
  174 shipping
    68 paypal fee
     41 Alibaba ins fee

To all...I will be offering an open air frame for this board and possibly an enclosed case (if there is enough interest).  Please PM me if your are interested in either. 

philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:31:09 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 06:42:14 PM by philipma1957

I can order 10 for :

1180 boards
  174 shipping
    68 paypal fee
     41 Alibaba ins fee

1463       so 147 a board to my house in New Jersey ,USA

so I mark it up to 155 plus shipping at cost to USA  say 175 a board.

Any one want it?  I need to get 10 .  No rush to pay

To all...I will be offering an open air frame for this board and possibly an enclosed case (if there is enough interest).  Please PM me if your are interested in either.  

I am placing the order for ten tonight.  I will send a board to you.

to all it is this board.
I will lay out for the 10 boards  and do  not expect any coin until they are in hand

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: