Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:56:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530484 times)
matrixfighter

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

I wonder how does AnonCoin comparein terms of  total anonymity to other coins.  For instance, sexcoin claims to be "anonymous" too. Is AnonCoin truely THE most anonymous coin among the cryptocurrencies?

Also, how does AnonCoin compare to projects like ZeroCoin and DarkWallet? Is there any other anonymous project int he pipelines?  Which one of these is likely to hold the future of anonymous cryptocurrency transactions?  (I'm not too techie. I just need advice - please be objective in your analysis).

Thank you
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:24:02 AM

Hi, I'm new to this coin..
Can someone send me some in order to proof its anonymity ?  Roll Eyes
AeFd7E8QydzV8sZthjveMJimRt1G58GZF3

I tried to mine it myself, my computer almost exploded  Cry
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:19:26 AM

I wonder how does AnonCoin comparein terms of  total anonymity to other coins.  For instance, sexcoin claims to be "anonymous" too. Is AnonCoin truely THE most anonymous coin among the cryptocurrencies?

Also, how does AnonCoin compare to projects like ZeroCoin and DarkWallet? Is there any other anonymous project int he pipelines?  Which one of these is likely to hold the future of anonymous cryptocurrency transactions?  (I'm not too techie. I just need advice - please be objective in your analysis).

Thank you

great questions!
 what do we think about this...

"But Zerocoin can be used however we, as a democracy, decide it should be used. Once the technology exists, we as citizens can have a discussion about what degree of privacy is appropriate. For example, we might decide that transactions should be hidden from your neighbors — as they already are in traditional payment systems — but that the government should have access upon obtaining a valid warrant. If we make this decision, Zerocoin can easily be configured to accommodate that access."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-bitcoin-letter-20131204,0,3966705.story#ixzz2n7mdtstW

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:16:28 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 12:47:48 AM by SaltySpitoon

People having trouble with updating the wallet download this .rar and replace your files with the ones in the rar.

LIKELY TROJAN WALLET STEALER DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 12:47:59 AM by SaltySpitoon

People having trouble with updating the wallet download this .rar and replace your files with the ones in the rar.

it is, he also posted it in other threads

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:54:38 PM

it is, he also posted it in other threads
Hahaha I think he just doesn't know antivirus programs work... also I'm sure the program didn't detect a trojan or a another real threat but a possible threat, as the antivirus program just doesn't know what a wallet really does.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:15:08 PM

I wonder how does AnonCoin comparein terms of  total anonymity to other coins.  For instance, sexcoin claims to be "anonymous" too. Is AnonCoin truely THE most anonymous coin among the cryptocurrencies?

Also, how does AnonCoin compare to projects like ZeroCoin and DarkWallet? Is there any other anonymous project int he pipelines?  Which one of these is likely to hold the future of anonymous cryptocurrency transactions?  (I'm not too techie. I just need advice - please be objective in your analysis).

Thank you

great questions!
 what do we think about this...

"But Zerocoin can be used however we, as a democracy, decide it should be used. Once the technology exists, we as citizens can have a discussion about what degree of privacy is appropriate. For example, we might decide that transactions should be hidden from your neighbors — as they already are in traditional payment systems — but that the government should have access upon obtaining a valid warrant. If we make this decision, Zerocoin can easily be configured to accommodate that access."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-bitcoin-letter-20131204,0,3966705.story#ixzz2n7mdtstW

Zerocoin is an implementation we're working on, and we will not go with any government backdoor which is mentioned on the zerocoin pages. Darkwallet is a JOKE wrt security. Letting a browser plugin handle your wallet seems like a really good idea.  Wink

However, what darkwallet claims to do is coinmixing and colored coin. Well, first off, Bitcoin has patched itself in a way that makes colored coins as it today impossible afaik, resulting in this only work on coins with a client base bellow 0.8.2 or 0.8.5 IIRC.

Next up is coinmixing. This is nothing special with any coins whatsoever. You can do it with all coins, you just need the right tools or implementation.

Other questions can be answered if you read the first page @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309716.0, it's described there what Anoncoin has today that other coins not have (official I2P support), and what you can expect in the future.

jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:47:12 AM

I've been following Anoncoin for a while now, and have been investing recently as it appears to me as the best Alt currency bar none!

I only have a few hundred but I'm quietly confident of it gaining ground over the next year!
Robin95

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:36:47 PM

Not really. Just want to help people out that are having trouble sync'ing up their blockchain.
It's actually the exact copy of my blockchain, please don't spread lies.
Although I understand your suspiciousness.
Greetings Robin.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:37:47 AM

this is one of the few serious alt coins.

jonanon

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:26:17 AM

I fancy some physical Anoncoins, anyone else like the idea of this? May produce a few myself....
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 05:37:43 PM

I fancy some physical Anoncoins, anyone else like the idea of this? May produce a few myself....

I'm currently giving away "value-papers" this Christmas, some few ANC on some privatekeys printed on papers to family Tongue So yea, like the idea hehe.

hud

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 11:29:29 PM

Installation instructions for
https://anoncoin.net/CompileYourOwn.htmldid not work

~/anoncoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/anoncoin/src -I/home/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I"../i2psam" -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o anoncoind leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/keystore.o obj/irc.o obj/i2p.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/scrypt.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread -l i2psam -L"../i2psam" /home/moon/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -li2psam
collect2: ld execution completed with return code 1
make: *** [anoncoind] Error 1
Ubuntu 12.04
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:19:30 AM

Installation instructions for
https://anoncoin.net/CompileYourOwn.htmldid not work

~/anoncoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/anoncoin/src -I/home/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I"../i2psam" -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o anoncoind leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/keystore.o obj/irc.o obj/i2p.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/scrypt.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread -l i2psam -L"../i2psam" /home/moon/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -li2psam
collect2: ld execution completed with return code 1
make: *** [anoncoind] Error 1
Ubuntu 12.04
go to folder i2psam and execute this
Code:
make -f makefile.unix

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
jonanon

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:47:16 AM

I'm currently giving away "value-papers" this Christmas, some few ANC on some privatekeys printed on papers to family Tongue So yea, like the idea hehe.

Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh
hud

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:55:00 AM

it is not clear what to expect
wait a long time?
~/anoncoin/src$ anoncoind

Warning: Anoncoin is running on clearnet!

Failed to connect to SAM(111)
Created a brand new SAM session (DCCITJOX)
Created a new SAM session (DCCITJOX)  from another (DCCITJOX)
Closing SAM session (DCCITJOX) ...

gostrol

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:20:21 PM

Noob's guide to install on Xubuntu 12.04 & 13.10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anoncoind
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Download Xubuntu 12.04 or 13.10 Desktop (http://xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/)
2) Download Universal-USB-Installer and create a bootable xubuntu USB with 4gb home folder as explained here : http://www.bluewhaleseo.com/blog/bootable-xubuntu-linux-os-usb-flash-drive-improve-productivity-mobility/
2b) or alternativelly install xubuntu on the hard drive following any tutorial

3) Restart and boot on Xubuntu:
4) when arrived on desktop : [super]+T to open terminal ([super] = [win] touch on the keyboard)
5) In the windows that open type these to update the system, and install required tools.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

6) Restart computer if prompted then go back in the terminal and type
$ sudo apt-get install libqtgui4 qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev git

7) Next, get the anoncoin source code from git. Type in terminal
$ git clone https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin.git

Cool Now that you got the source. Navigate to the src directory and begin the compilation.
$ cd anoncoin/src/

9) Type this in terminal:
$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

9b) If it doesn't work because g++ is not found (because you use a xubuntu USB in place of an install) type:
$ sudo apt-get install g++
...then go back to 9) and reexecute make

9c) If it doesn't work because there is problem detecting the boost library, type this:
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

10) When it completes you should have a binary file named anoncoind in the folder ($ dir). Copy this somewhere to make it executable for every user on the system.
$ sudo cp anoncoind /usr/bin/anoncoind

11) You should now be ready to run anoncoind as soon as you have a configuration file in place. You will get instructions when running anoncoind.

$ anoncoind

12) To edit anoncoin.conf :
$ nano ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf
rpcuser=**your username**
rpcpassword=**your password**
daemon=1
server=1

save and close, run anoncoind, command line stop to stop, help for help
For those who does not like command line program CLI, you shall install anoncoin-QT to get a GUI

Anoncoin-QT:
0) At first, stop anoncoind
$ anoncoind stop

1) Type this
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y

2) Change directory to where the Git-Hub got cloned (see step 6+7 of install of anoncoind)
$ cd ~/anoncoin

3) Compile Anoncoin-QT
$ qmake "USE_BOOST_46=1"
$ make

4) When it completes you should have a binary file named anoncoin-qt in the folder ($ dir). Copy this somewhere to make it executable for every user on the system.
$ sudo cp anoncoin-qt /usr/local/bin

5) After that you can execute anoncoin-qt but stop anoncoind first
$ anoncoind stop
$ anoncoin-qt

6) If there is an error 22DbRunRecoveryException, and IF THERE IS NO COIN IN WALLET.DAT
stop anoncoin-qt and do this: $ rm ~/.anoncoin/wallet.dat
and this also: $ rm -R ~/.anoncoin/blk* ~/.anoncoin/__db* ~/.anoncoin/database
after this it should work

================================================================

TRY THIS FIRST - EASIEST MANNER:

$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get install git
$ git clone https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin.git
$ cd anoncoin/src/
$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
$ sudo cp anoncoind /usr/bin/anoncoind
$ anoncoind

12) To edit anoncoin.conf :
$ nano ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf
rpcuser=**your username**
rpcpassword=**your password**
daemon=1
server=1

qt:
$ cd ~/anoncoin
$ qmake "USE_BOOST_46=1"
$ make
$ sudo cp anoncoin-qt /usr/local/bin
$ anoncoin-qt
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:53:07 PM

Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh

We're having a site with support for this, I will try make it finished soon! What I did was only printing privatekeys with coins sent to the addresses on a paper. Smiley

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:53:46 PM

it is not clear what to expect
wait a long time?
~/anoncoin/src$ anoncoind

Warning: Anoncoin is running on clearnet!

Created a brand new SAM session (DCCITJOX)
Created a new SAM session (DCCITJOX)  from another (DCCITJOX)
Closing SAM session (DCCITJOX) ...

I'm unsure what you want. You have started the daemon, which runs in background. If you're looking for a GUI, please look at the guide above (Anoncoin-QT section) Smiley

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:55:12 PM

Noob's guide to install on Xubuntu 12.04 & 13.10

Awsome, post your address for a little reward Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: