Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:15:47 PM

Why isn't anoncoin on Mint, Pol or Bittrex?
Why is anoncoin, instead of some other coin, supposed to be the first coin to implement Zerocash?
Go easy on me, I haven't been following.

I also have same questions.

Nobody voted anoncoin in on mintpal and mintpal hasn't bothered adding it. Probably a similar story for bittrex. As for why anoncoin is implementing zerocoin (not zerocash), it's simply because the guy "gnosis" decided to join the developer team behind anoncoin. Why did he choose anoncoin? no idea.

Probably because he's an Anoncoin bagholder that bought when it was $2. Zerocoin was also abandoned last I heard....Useless crap anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:36:59 PM

Probably because he's an Anoncoin bagholder that bought when it was $2. Zerocoin was also abandoned last I heard....Useless crap anyway.

You're absolutely wrong on Zerocoin, but I'll let you look that up for yourself ya dumbass scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=256238
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:40:29 PM

You're absolutely wrong on Zerocoin, but I'll let you look that up for yourself ya dumbass scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=256238

Scammer? I have no scam marks against me genius.

Show me otherwise that Zerocoin is Not abandoned.
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:36:01 AM

if you look at other coins, when the value drops the network hashing power drops proportionately because in regard to most coins miners dont care as much. with anoncoin, on every dip difficulty dropped only a little. justifying its commitment from the community. its still a very well mined coin.
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

Could someone with knowledge of cryptographics answer please a question regarding another coin?

A comment made me wonder if there might be an exploit hidden in the coding for ring signatures in the new bytecoin bcn.

I have nearly no experience with cryptography and understand only the basics, less than virtually any person on this thread. I also understand that bcn is artificially inflated etc, I'm not asking about that. Specifically is there something built into bytecoin that might be hostile to those who use that coin?

I've followed anoncoin and have some respect for the people behind it, so I ask that question here rather than on the bcn thread, where questions like that get buried.

No, Ring Signatures found in cryptonote coins offer the best anonymity there can be.

Bytecoin itself may be a scam with its 85% premine and no dev team....but it's anonymity works well. The other cryptonote coins like Monero with no instamine/premine are much better for anonymous transactions than bytecoin.

(The people who mined 85% of all bytecoins might decide 1 day to just dump them all, making the coin even more worthless than it is at 10 satoshi atm, which would destroy any investment you have in bytecoin)

Just for curiousity's sake. Would anything prevent that system from being used with anoncoin?

A lot of small money people, including myself, like anoncoin because it was the first anonymous coin, after bitcoin, or perhaps the first to improve the anonymity of bitcoin. It was the coin that shifted the focus to anonymity features.

Also the anon meme resonates with the kind of people who are leading the coin world.

Coins like quazar have command line wallets that are almost unusable for a lot of folks, but they are at a marketcap over 100k now. If quazar had a real wallet it would probably be much higher. Anoncoin already has lots of people that support it's values and don't worry excessively about price, but to be honest price is important. People don't buy a currency because it smells good or is a nice color and when times are tough the coins you bought for sentimental reasons won't buy bread.

After hobonickels, anoncoin is my top coin and I will always buy it on dips but I do hope it stops dipping.

Yes, Darkcoin's dev Evan originally said he was going to implement Ring Signatures into Darkcoin, but retracted on that idea.

Ring Signatures are simply "made" for Cryptonote coins. Implementing them into Bitocin based coins would be impossible, since both codebases are vastly different.

Anoncoin has been out for a while...and it never recieved much updates or anything from its developers really...Kind of sad to see it go off like this, but coins like Monero and Dark are the face of the anonymous coin industry, with Monero having a deal with the makers of I2P to intergrate it into Monero along with Monero already having full anonymity from Ring Signatues, while darkcoin is adding masternodes that I'm sure will be a standard on new bitcoin based clones once it's open sourced.
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

Could someone with knowledge of cryptographics answer please a question regarding another coin?

A comment made me wonder if there might be an exploit hidden in the coding for ring signatures in the new bytecoin bcn.

I have nearly no experience with cryptography and understand only the basics, less than virtually any person on this thread. I also understand that bcn is artificially inflated etc, I'm not asking about that. Specifically is there something built into bytecoin that might be hostile to those who use that coin?

I've followed anoncoin and have some respect for the people behind it, so I ask that question here rather than on the bcn thread, where questions like that get buried.

No, Ring Signatures found in cryptonote coins offer the best anonymity there can be.

Bytecoin itself may be a scam with its 85% premine and no dev team....but it's anonymity works well. The other cryptonote coins like Monero with no instamine/premine are much better for anonymous transactions than bytecoin.

(The people who mined 85% of all bytecoins might decide 1 day to just dump them all, making the coin even more worthless than it is at 10 satoshi atm, which would destroy any investment you have in bytecoin)

Just for curiousity's sake. Would anything prevent that system from being used with anoncoin?

A lot of small money people, including myself, like anoncoin because it was the first anonymous coin, after bitcoin, or perhaps the first to improve the anonymity of bitcoin. It was the coin that shifted the focus to anonymity features.

Also the anon meme resonates with the kind of people who are leading the coin world.

Coins like quazar have command line wallets that are almost unusable for a lot of folks, but they are at a marketcap over 100k now. If quazar had a real wallet it would probably be much higher. Anoncoin already has lots of people that support it's values and don't worry excessively about price, but to be honest price is important. People don't buy a currency because it smells good or is a nice color and when times are tough the coins you bought for sentimental reasons won't buy bread.

After hobonickels, anoncoin is my top coin and I will always buy it on dips but I do hope it stops dipping.

Yes, Darkcoin's dev Evan originally said he was going to implement Ring Signatures into Darkcoin, but retracted on that idea.

Ring Signatures are simply "made" for Cryptonote coins. Implementing them into Bitocin based coins would be impossible, since both codebases are vastly different.

Anoncoin has been out for a while...and it never recieved much updates or anything from its developers really...Kind of sad to see it go off like this, but coins like Monero and Dark are the face of the anonymous coin industry, with Monero having a deal with the makers of I2P to intergrate it into Monero along with Monero already having full anonymity from Ring Signatues, while darkcoin is adding masternodes that I'm sure will be a standard on new bitcoin based clones once it's open sourced.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P

Who are the makers of i2p?

Also when I google i2p coin, the first search result is https://anoncoin.net/. The second result is a bitcointalk thread and the third result is https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anoncoin.

So anoncoin has a pretty solid lock on i2p coin popularity.

Also, from way back when, anoncoin used the hidden web. The main reason I know about things like tor is because of researching anoncoin. Also the wallet gives you a warning when you open it "you are running anoncoin on clearnet", as opposed, I assume, to running it on i2p.

As for updates and other issues, anoncoin introduced the concept of how it may be important to use currency anonymously in the future, to people like me. They did it with a sort of humanitarian theme, while I believe the anonymous coins that followed were built with more strictly commercial intent. Money, commercial value, is important though, as I said before.

I hope you were joking when you typed that..

No one googles I2P coin...They google I2P by itself since many people aren't even familiar with Bitcoin.

Anoncoin does not have a "firm" grasp on I2P as it's price has been plummeting and will continue to do so, why? Because it offers absolutely nothing else. I2P does not make a coin anonymous....Anoncoin is as anonymous as Bitcoin, which means it's a very transparent coin and you can link addresses to people..you just can't find the IP of nodes on Anoncoin's mainnet...that's all.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:16:34 AM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P

Who are the makers of i2p?

Also when I google i2p coin, the first search result is https://anoncoin.net/. The second result is a bitcointalk thread and the third result is https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anoncoin.

So anoncoin has a pretty solid lock on i2p coin popularity.

Also, from way back when, anoncoin used the hidden web. The main reason I know about things like tor is because of researching anoncoin. Also the wallet gives you a warning when you open it "you are running anoncoin on clearnet", as opposed, I assume, to running it on i2p.

As for updates and other issues, anoncoin introduced the concept of how it may be important to use currency anonymously in the future, to people like me. They did it with a sort of humanitarian theme, while I believe the anonymous coins that followed were built with more strictly commercial intent. Money, commercial value, is important though, as I said before.

I hope you were joking when you typed that..

No one googles I2P coin...They google I2P by itself since many people aren't even familiar with Bitcoin.

Anoncoin does not have a "firm" grasp on I2P as it's price has been plummeting and will continue to do so, why? Because it offers absolutely nothing else. I2P does not make a coin anonymous....Anoncoin is as anonymous as Bitcoin, which means it's a very transparent coin and you can link addresses to people..you just can't find the IP of nodes on Anoncoin's mainnet...that's all.

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.100

Then look here:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/litecoin-is-officially-dead.331214/page-5

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps

darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:19:44 AM

SCAMMER - FRAUD

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

Then look here:

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps

Hmmm, maybe because you're SPAMMING the thread? You post the exact same copied response one after the other, spamming the thread. Dude, get real....
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:22:46 AM

No - you delete EVERYONES posts;

People just need to look here:

Look at his original thread here:

Then look here:

You can't delete this from other threads.

40+ posts deleted lol. scammer, fraud. TROLL

June 10, 2014, 01:12:37 AM   Re: (No subject)   RiverBoatBTC   
Read   June 20, 2014, 12:31:54 PM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 20, 2014, 02:17:27 PM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 21, 2014, 01:57:24 AM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 21, 2014, 01:58:21 AM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 21, 2014, 03:07:32 AM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 21, 2014, 03:18:57 AM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 22, 2014, 12:34:51 PM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum   
Read   June 22, 2014, 08:01:30 PM   Website Bounty   DoctorG   
Read   June 23, 2014, 11:41:55 AM   Deleted Post   Bitcoin Forum

AND ITS NOT JUST ME!

Look at this new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=666152.msg7519639#msg7519639
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:02:10 AM

Yes agreed - just trying to make a point with DARKOTA (troll - pump and dumper), that he can self moderate and delete posts all he likes and lie about other people on HIS moderated thread but their are other ways to make people see he is a liar and a fraud.

I proved my point, sincere apologies for 'derailing' this thread.
BroTroxer

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Your profiles "Untrusted feedback" kinda tells a different story. Either way regarding your statement. Everyone knows that zerocoin was abandoned by the original developers who released the first whitepaper, then moved on to the new concept of zerocash which is a trust based setup. This is unacceptable to most users that require anonymity or invest in the product as infinite coins could be created, or their identities/transactions exposed by the devs.

Back on track. We are in fact developing zerocoin based on the whitepaper released and has been for months. This means we are tweking the original ideas but the concept is still the same, weeding out the issues that made them abandon it for zerocash. Adding our trustless setup makes it, at least at this time, unique as neither the users or dev team will be able to manipulate it.
BroTroxer

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:10:53 AM

Yes agreed - just trying to make a point with DARKOTA (troll - pump and dumper), that he can self moderate and delete posts all he likes and lie about other people on HIS moderated thread but their are other ways to make people see he is a liar and a fraud.

I proved my point, sincere apologies for 'derailing' this thread.

Good derail. It's nice to see some enlightened statements when the trolls come out to play. Just remember that you should never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.  Grin
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:33:37 PM

Your profiles "Untrusted feedback" kinda tells a different story. Either way regarding your statement. Everyone knows that zerocoin was abandoned by the original developers who released the first whitepaper, then moved on to the new concept of zerocash which is a trust based setup. This is unacceptable to most users that require anonymity or invest in the product as infinite coins could be created, or their identities/transactions exposed by the devs.

Back on track. We are in fact developing zerocoin based on the whitepaper released and has been for months. This means we are tweking the original ideas but the concept is still the same, weeding out the issues that made them abandon it for zerocash. Adding our trustless setup makes it, at least at this time, unique as neither the users or dev team will be able to manipulate it.

It still wont offer anonymity comparable to Zerocash or Cryptonote...That's why the original Zerocoin devs abandoned it.
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:43:31 PM

It still wont offer anonymity comparable to Zerocash or Cryptonote...That's why the original Zerocoin devs abandoned it.

You are a good guy who want to tell us the truth, or what your interests with these lies?
Why don't you walk through woods or do some exercise to relax.

You bought few btc for 600$ and now you are nervous on 570?? Or you sell them at first dump?

I bought ANC on 4.5$ and I'm not unhappy like you who do not have any ANC, and maybe do not have any coin..
BroTroxer

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:22:26 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 07:03:44 AM by BroTroxer

Not comparable because zerocoin with the trustless improvements will actually be better than zerocash. Grin zerocash will basically be at risk 24/7. If the devs lost control over their keys at any point it will likely crash and burn.

The original devs did not abandon zerocoin due to anonymity issues. They abandoned it for other reasons like blockchain bloat, and a few other issues that can actually be solved with a rather large amount of work put into it. In conclusion; you sir are talking shit and have clearly not read anything but scam coin propaganda. We welcome and encourage an open discussion in this thread, but please refrain from simply throwing around false statements without any source to back them up.
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

You have no idea what are you talking about. Just kid who listens from other people said. Do you know Zerocoin devs name ? Do you know Zerocash devs name ? Or you know only "DARK Hard Fork and SCAM Coin" ?
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:22:20 PM

If it offers complete anonymity then what is the difference with that offered by cryptonote?

What concerns me about cryptonote is the developers. They have already engaged in one very elaborate hoax. Is it possible they have embedded something in that technology that will bite people?

Anoncoin developers are more trustworthy at least, even if they do not rush. When they started anoncoin they knew that they would be scrutinized and targeted by the people who threw Aaron Swartz over a cliff and used Sabu or whatever his name was to try to discredit a basic human value. There is no doubt whatsoever that the usg has people tasked with only trying to discredit the anonymous image or meme, and no doubt that they see anoncoin as a potential cutting edge. Still anoncoin developers do their work. I have bought small amounts of anoncoin at prices ranging I think from about 50 cents to around 8 dollars, if I,m not mistaken. If it were to drop to a penny I would continue buying and of course if it rises to $300 I will sell some as I am tired of sleeping in my car.

If you have information that there is a flaw in zero whatever that anoncoin is developing then please be specific. Otherwise it does just sound like you are marketing for another coin.

I'm a fan of both Anoncoin and *CN coins. As for the *CN devs "embedding something," the source code is publicly available at github for each coin, so as long as you're building from source (and examining the code, as I'm sure some of the users of the coin do), then no worries.

Anoncoin seems to be doing fine. People on here get frustrated because of the relative lack of involvement from the devs, but that doesn't mean the devs are careless or not working on this, since we know they are as evidenced by activity on github. If anything, it means the devs are doing what devs do best: developing. We just need to give them time to do what they do.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:19:44 PM

If it offers complete anonymity then what is the difference with that offered by cryptonote?

What concerns me about cryptonote is the developers. They have already engaged in one very elaborate hoax. Is it possible they have embedded something in that technology that will bite people?

Anoncoin developers are more trustworthy at least, even if they do not rush. When they started anoncoin they knew that they would be scrutinized and targeted by the people who threw Aaron Swartz over a cliff and used Sabu or whatever his name was to try to discredit a basic human value. There is no doubt whatsoever that the usg has people tasked with only trying to discredit the anonymous image or meme, and no doubt that they see anoncoin as a potential cutting edge. Still anoncoin developers do their work. I have bought small amounts of anoncoin at prices ranging I think from about 50 cents to around 8 dollars, if I,m not mistaken. If it were to drop to a penny I would continue buying and of course if it rises to $300 I will sell some as I am tired of sleeping in my car.

If you have information that there is a flaw in zero whatever that anoncoin is developing then please be specific. Otherwise it does just sound like you are marketing for another coin.

I'm a fan of both Anoncoin and *CN coins. As for the *CN devs "embedding something," the source code is publicly available at github for each coin, so as long as you're building from source (and examining the code, as I'm sure some of the users of the coin do), then no worries.

Anoncoin seems to be doing fine. People on here get frustrated because of the relative lack of involvement from the devs, but that doesn't mean the devs are careless or not working on this, since we know they are as evidenced by activity on github. If anything, it means the devs are doing what devs do best: developing. We just need to give them time to do what they do.
will others really make all source public?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:34:16 PM

'no block source - 55 weeks behind' .. wallet not syncing Does anyone have a solution of conf file nodes or any other solution. I already have the latest download from the Anon website. Pls help ?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:46:24 PM

'no block source - 55 weeks behind' .. wallet not syncing Does anyone have a solution of conf file nodes or any other solution. I already have the latest download from the Anon website. Pls help ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309716.0

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: