Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:31:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 09:53:27 PM

Your reinstatement request has been made wiser and Melodiemuse.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

- Nova

Thank you Smiley
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

based on market action, it looks like something is going on. did we see the bottom at 3 satoshi? this token could be worth 10 times as much. shame it was abandoned, given the merged mining status it has with bitcoin. time to rise a flag again?
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:05:01 AM

- Nova

It looks like I didn't receive any earnings (file custodian, marketing) for Round 46 either.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:15:04 AM

- Nova

It looks like I didn't receive any earnings (file custodian, marketing) for Round 46 either.

Is there any database to see this easily again, so we can see what the amounts are for? I'd like to see if mine are credited properly but the old site is down now.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:27:58 PM

- Nova

Is there any database to see this easily again, so we can see what the amounts are for? I'd like to see if mine are credited properly but the old site is down now.
https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/blob/master/account_47.csv

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:17:29 PM

- Nova

https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/blob/master/account_47.csv

Wow... I wish I'd have checked this sooner. I'm missing a LOT of things for round 45, 46 and 47 (didn't go back further than this). 46 and 47 I'm not even on the list. In 45, it missed my file custodian and something else. Who are we supposed to bring this up to?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Arbitrageur

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:57:53 AM

lots of marketing here, you surely deserve lots of earnings for those efforts.
what a bunch of crap. is there a working brain here actually doing something for this coin?
cause it looks dead to me, only a few people grabbing what's left on the plate.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 11:58:03 AM

More then 100k $ of revenues from mining went into development, only in the last year, and what did you accomplish?
154k $ market cap, you are a bunch of thieves!

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:43:26 PM

OK who's in charge in here? let's talk about what to do of this coin before it really dies.
First of all, why don't we introduce the halving just as btc. Should be about time now.

anche check your coinzen forum, someone is spamming it like a garbage bin.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:53:25 PM

OK who's in charge in here? let's talk about what to do of this coin before it really dies.
First of all, why don't we introduce the halving just as btc. Should be about time now.

No idea who's in charge anymore. Some of us admins have somehow been missing months of payments, despite following through with our jobs during the entire period. There are a lot of fixes that need to be dealt with before things like halving are even talked about, and there are apparently people getting a LOT more coins than they should be.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:38:58 AM

No idea who's in charge anymore. Some of us admins have somehow been missing months of payments, despite following through with our jobs during the entire period. There are a lot of fixes that need to be dealt with before things like halving are even talked about, and there are apparently people getting a LOT more coins than they should be.

Isn't Unthinkingbit still in charge?

I haven't been tracking my payments too well to notice if I've been missing any, other than the last round, because my earnings were zero and that's hard to miss. It looks like they got put back into round 47, though.

The part that bugs me, though, is that when I got taken off earnings for my jobs (because I failed to reply to the forum post a month ago), I never got a PM about it. I did get other admin related PMs, though, like please upload the latest receiver file. So I kept doing my duties not realizing that because I didn't reply to a forum post I was about to be able to keep the job but not the pay LOL. In the future, when there's an important change or decision affecting an admin, it's a good courtesy to message us specifically so we are alerted. If you want to add regular forum participation as part of the job description, then that's fine, but since that's not a requirement currently (and was not when we signed on) we should all get PM'd about this change and given a chance to decide to make sure we check in as often as needed to meet the new criteria or quit. I also believe that regardless of what goes on in the other forums, the major information and updates should continue to be posted to this BCT thread. That's how it works with other coins. There are only so many forums one can actively participate in and still remain sane Smiley It's basically BCT and one or two others. So major information and updates need to be posted here.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:43:47 AM

Isn't Unthinkingbit still in charge?

I haven't been tracking my payments too well to notice if I've been missing any, other than the last round, because my earnings were zero and that's hard to miss. It looks like they got put back into round 47, though.

The part that bugs me, though, is that when I got taken off earnings for my jobs (because I failed to reply to the forum post a month ago), I never got a PM about it. I did get other admin related PMs, though, like please upload the latest receiver file. So I kept doing my duties not realizing that because I didn't reply to a forum post I was about to be able to keep the job but not the pay LOL. In the future, when there's an important change or decision affecting an admin, it's a good courtesy to message us specifically so we are alerted. If you want to add regular forum participation as part of the job description, then that's fine, but since that's not a requirement currently (and was not when we signed on) we should all get PM'd about this change and given a chance to decide to make sure we check in as often as needed to meet the new criteria or quit. I also believe that regardless of what goes on in the other forums, the major information and updates should continue to be posted to this BCT thread. That's how it works with other coins. There are only so many forums one can actively participate in and still remain sane Smiley It's basically BCT and one or two others. So major information and updates need to be posted here.

I even responded about my jobs. I even updated the list on the wiki. Yet was still missing at least 2 months of full payments, and one month where I'm missing about 85% of them. I didn't go back past 3 months, but there's likely even more missing. Which means with some of us admins missing payments, all the others that were on the list are OVERPAID for the same period. Basically some of us got screwed big time. This is majorly off-putting to me.

FWIW, they are aware I'm still around. I respond to every inquiry from UTB about hosting the receiver files. I didn't realize I needed to keep checking the payment files to ensure I was still on the list, though. I figured as long as admins are aware I'm still active and am doing my jobs, I'd remain on it. Now I don't even know what to think.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:15:50 AM

I even responded about my jobs. I even updated the list on the wiki. Yet was still missing at least 2 months of full payments, and one month where I'm missing about 85% of them. I didn't go back past 3 months, but there's likely even more missing. Which means with some of us admins missing payments, all the others that were on the list are OVERPAID for the same period. Basically some of us got screwed big time. This is majorly off-putting to me.

FWIW, they are aware I'm still around. I respond to every inquiry from UTB about hosting the receiver files. I didn't realize I needed to keep checking the payment files to ensure I was still on the list, though. I figured as long as admins are aware I'm still active and am doing my jobs, I'd remain on it. Now I don't even know what to think.

It sounds like you were making some reasonable assumptions. Based on your post I would say that I think some things with how the script is handled, including but not limited to the human factor, got out of whack. I'm guessing that with the DVC price being depressed for so long, doing all the work to keep things neat and clean on the coding end maybe wasn't quite as high a priority as it should have been. Maybe some short cuts were taken, some corners cut to save time. I'm not directly accusing anyone, just presenting a likely scenario. I don't get the impression that there was any malice or desire to cheat anyone involved. I do think any time saved over the past few months will be lost several times over in cleaning things up. I hope that cleanup does get done.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:27:10 AM

It sounds like you were making some reasonable assumptions. Based on your post I would say that I think some things with how the script is handled, including but not limited to the human factor, got out of whack. I'm guessing that with the DVC price being depressed for so long, doing all the work to keep things neat and clean on the coding end maybe wasn't quite as high a priority as it should have been. Maybe some short cuts were taken, some corners cut to save time. I'm not directly accusing anyone, just presenting a likely scenario. I don't get the impression that there was any malice or desire to cheat anyone involved. I do think any time saved over the past few months will be lost several times over in cleaning things up. I hope that cleanup does get done.

I didn't say there was malice involved, but it doesn't change the situation. Here's the deal:

Every month right now, there are 8 BTC or so given out to those that are on the earnings files. If half of us aren't on it and half are, they're getting 2x as much payment while the rest get nothing. 8 BTC is quite a bit to just ignore right now, especially if DVC ever rises (in which case it's now significantly more than 8 BTC per month being misappropriated).

Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:37:04 AM

so it's a total mess here. don't you believe it's time to tidy up the room and start all over again? you cannot just sit there and wait for your payment. looks like we are dealing with a state postal office: people doing nothing all day just waiting for their monthly check.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:43:53 AM

Really? Do you have any proof of your statement? if there really went more than 100k $ into development there should be a bigger impact of progress for Devcoin than it is/was.  Undecided i am still a big DVC hodler.

More then 100k $ of revenues from mining went into development, only in the last year, and what did you accomplish?
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:06:23 AM

Really? Do you have any proof of your statement? if there really went more than 100k $ into development there should be a bigger impact of progress for Devcoin than it is/was.  Undecided i am still a big DVC hodler.

Simple: in a year devcoin has 2.5B new coins mined, 2B of which goes to devs. In may last year devcoin was worth 20 satoshi and fell all along the way to 4 (I believe it's the same devs selling most of their monthly check). Let's assume 10 satoshi average price at a 350$ avg bitcoin price: 2B*350*0.00000010 = 70k usd. Not far from the 100k estimate by lechatnoir.

Now, assuming devcoin remains at these prices around 5 satoshi with btc at 250 for the next year, it's only 25k, less than 2500 a month. how many people split these revenues? what do they do with it? why don't they move their ass to push the price of this coin north of 20 satoshi with some real development that revives the community?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:08:41 PM

so it's a total mess here. don't you believe it's time to tidy up the room and start all over again? you cannot just sit there and wait for your payment. looks like we are dealing with a state postal office: people doing nothing all day just waiting for their monthly check.

There are only like two people with access to change things. The rest of us CAN'T do anything but wait -- we can't change anything without file access. What you're saying is like saying "you can't wait for Bitcointalk to allow avatars again. You have to do it yourself instead of waiting for them to do it." You can't do something if you have no control over it.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:34:31 PM

I didn't say there was malice involved, but it doesn't change the situation. Here's the deal:

Every month right now, there are 8 BTC or so given out to those that are on the earnings files. If half of us aren't on it and half are, they're getting 2x as much payment while the rest get nothing. 8 BTC is quite a bit to just ignore right now, especially if DVC ever rises (in which case it's now significantly more than 8 BTC per month being misappropriated).

Oh, I get that, and it's disappointing. You're correct about this not being something to ignore. You're also correct about not really being able to access the files and clean things up.

What do you recommend as a next step?
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: