Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:55:12 AM

Any updates on the Devtome issue that was brought up here several weeks ago?

Hunterbunter said that he had made the Admin aware of the issue. Are you still having problems?

- Nova

I honestly haven't checked. I've been waiting for an update saying it's all resolved. The fact that another author is getting the same error message isn't too reassuring.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 04:21:04 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 03:28:20 PM by markm

DeVCoins are still merged mined at MMpool, I am not sure about Luke Jr's pool which used to include it in its merge.

Whose server is Devtome hosted on, and I guess maybe I should also ask why, if they aren't maintaining it?

I originally set up Devtome then for some probably "political" reason it got moved over to someone else, they changed the wiki software it was run on and added some mods and such, I don't know what happened to it after that.

Maybe such essential services should be hosted on machines controlled by more-reliable folks, if the basic problem here is that there is no machine-admin we can appeal to to change the passwords of user-accounts on the machine that control various software applications or websites, or the passwords of users of a particular software package if all that we really need to get e.g. Devtome working is someone to change the wiki-admin-user to someone else due to current wiki-admins not doing their jobs?

I guess I am asking what level of password needs to be changed to fix Devtome, do we need to change who has wiki-admin privs or change who has the password of the unix-user the wiki runs as, or change what machine it is run on to a machine whose root or machine-admin user is more reliable, or change who controls the domain or the domain's nameservers or what?

My three main servers dvcstable01.dvcnode.org, dvcstable02.dvcnode.org and dvcstable06.dvcnode.org are not running webservers nor MySQL servers because they are so busy running other things, but if I have to I guess I can work something out to put the wiki onto one or more of those machines or maybe even rent a fourth server.

So what level is the problem at, first off?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 05:28:34 AM

DeVCoins are still merged mined at MMpool, I am not sure about Luje Jr's pool which used to include it in its merge.

Yup! look at difficulty history (Dec 6th to Jan 3th) http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/devcoin-difficulty-chart

Difficulty fell from about 1 500 millions to 190 millions.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 05:50:28 AM

I updated the wiki with information on block explorers and network statistics, you might find new relevant information:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_block_explorer

Updates and additions are welcome!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:48:21 AM

The list of businesses accepting Devcoin got a review: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=where_to_spend_your_devcoins

Several of them are not operating anymore, so got moved under the "Not available" section.

If you know of any other business accepting Devcoin please add that info to the wiki.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:03:53 AM

If somebody wants to run devcoinauctions.com which i spent 6 months of development effort on let me know... I will sell for cheap. Pm me
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:25:53 PM

If somebody wants to run devcoinauctions.com which i spent 6 months of development effort on let me know... I will sell for cheap. Pm me

If I remember correctly that was a pretty nice site. Is it still accessible somewhere? 403 at devcoinauctions.com.

TT
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:53:56 PM

The list of businesses accepting Devcoin got a review: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=where_to_spend_your_devcoins

Several of them are not operating anymore, so got moved under the "Not available" section.

If you know of any other business accepting Devcoin please add that info to the wiki.

Right now there is a problem with adding to the wiki. A number of us have been getting an error message whenever we try to save changes to any pages of the Devtome, including our own. I have not gotten any updates that this problem has been resolved yet.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 03:47:34 PM

Right now there is a problem with adding to the wiki. A number of us have been getting an error message whenever we try to save changes to any pages of the Devtome, including our own. I have not gotten any updates that this problem has been resolved yet.

Its been months with that issue! That is why I'm calling for a revolution: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1288592.msg13455833#msg13455833

develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 01:39:21 PM

We are about to leave 3 satoshis and move to 2 satoshis in Vircurex. The are about 4 million DVC left at 3 satoshis (0.12 BTC).

develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 05:10:43 PM

OK, enough time lost waiting for someone else to fix things.

Everyone is welcome to help fix things in this new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317408

Please help! Do it for the people that is still believe!

Thanks!

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:25:21 PM

Why can't new recipients be added to receiver files?
??

On price, looking at it the wrong way. $ value of share = btcusd * dvcbtc * dvc per share. Therefore, dvcbtc = $ share value/(btcusd * dvc per share). Recent $ value of a share at $14 highest since Q1 2014. As it's a function of btc and share count, and btc's gone up while share count's gone down, dvcbtc has gone down. Share count for latest round higher so all-else-equal likely future dvc per share will fall and dvcbtc will rise. If/when devtome and receiver file issues fixed and no. of shares increase it will rise more assuming a $ floor on effort per earned share.
im400

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:06:58 PM

Yeah, this is a tough situation.  I am also unable to access my devtome account.  It appears the parties still monitoring the situation do not have sufficient access so we will remain locked out.

I thought devtome was a promising idea...a for-profit community website where anonymous contributors could get paid in cryptocoins.  So has anyone pitched the same idea to an altcoin that is currently operating under a stronger foundation?

Essentially -- recruit a team of 50-200 "content suppliers" (the easy part), a dozen "monetizers" (to convert visitors to revenue), 2-3 editors/moderators (to keep content reasonable), and an overall manager (to keep everyone moving).  Three of these people form a committee responsible for tracking who deserves what percentage of the revenue based on previously defined metrics.  This endeavor could kick 5% of its earnings back to the altcoin, and based on the committee's report, that altcoin's paymaster could send out a cryptocoin paycheck to the people who put in work.

I mean, I could at least wrap my head around such an endeavor.  The "pay" would be very, very low but it has a certain appeal (anonymity, a "home" for your work, etc).  It also provides some benefit to the associated altcoin (recognition, circulation, etc).
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:17:52 PM

a for-profit community website where anonymous contributors could get paid in cryptocoins

good enough of a directive, so "for-profit" is the key?

still need a rough list of content (for guidance)
and why not key projects listed (maybe already done just unaware)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:14:11 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 04:16:50 AM by alyssa85

Just a reminder to people worried about Cryptsy, that you can trade devcoin on Bter.com (chinese exchange).

See

https://bter.com/trade/dvc_ltc

Unfortunately hardly anyone bothers so tumbleweed in that pair, but it is an option if people don't fancy using vircurex.

Edit: They also have a DVC-CNY pair (i.e. trading against the chinese currency)

https://bter.com/trade/dvc_cny

You can then trade your CNY for BTC.

Hope this helps

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
im400

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:53:18 PM

a for-profit community website where anonymous contributors could get paid in cryptocoins

Yeah, I would say the site needs to be self-sustaining. Basically, earning enough advertising revenue so it can pay the contributors and other workers.

The "post whatever you want" approach of devtome sounded good in theory, but to be profitable a website probably needs to focus on stuff that visitors actually want to read. 

Off hand, maybe erotica or fan fiction?  Maybe original short fiction (4000-8000 words) by specific genre or niche blogging?  Honestly, a lot of ideas would work but it has to be legit content and not just posting up text for the sake of a word count.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:23:29 PM

Yeah, I would say the site needs to be self-sustaining. Basically, earning enough advertising revenue so it can pay the contributors and other workers.

The "post whatever you want" approach of devtome sounded good in theory, but to be profitable a website probably needs to focus on stuff that visitors actually want to read. 

Off hand, maybe erotica or fan fiction?  Maybe original short fiction (4000-8000 words) by specific genre or niche blogging?  Honestly, a lot of ideas would work but it has to be legit content and not just posting up text for the sake of a word count.

You're not going to solve the problem of writers "just posting up text for the sake of a word count" by just picking a more specific theme for the Devtome. Here's how we dealt with this issue in the past. The Devtome has (or did have) quality control admins who evaluate content for quality. We had a writer rating system and that score would impact the writer share count. I was one of the raters. We looked for things like basic correct spelling/grammar, understandable writing, basic formatting (such as was there a title?). If a piece of writing was especially bad, I would send a link to one of the quality control admins and see what they wanted to do. A lot of bad content got removed from the Devtome during that time. My point is that particular issue was addressed in the past and worked well as long as the admins did their jobs and the Devtome had basic functionality. The raters were paid a certain number of shares (I think it was up to five) per round, but those shares only got paid out if we completed our rating page (and it had to include a certain number of comments beyond our score). At some point I quit receiving rating pages to complete and I assumed it was because I went a few months without posting any new writer content, but when I finally asked about it it turned out that the rating of writers program had just gotten dropped.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:35:19 AM

You're not going to solve the problem of writers "just posting up text for the sake of a word count" by just picking a more specific theme for the Devtome. Here's how we dealt with this issue in the past. The Devtome has (or did have) quality control admins who evaluate content for quality. We had a writer rating system and that score would impact the writer share count. I was one of the raters. We looked for things like basic correct spelling/grammar, understandable writing, basic formatting (such as was there a title?). If a piece of writing was especially bad, I would send a link to one of the quality control admins and see what they wanted to do. A lot of bad content got removed from the Devtome during that time. My point is that particular issue was addressed in the past and worked well as long as the admins did their jobs and the Devtome had basic functionality. The raters were paid a certain number of shares (I think it was up to five) per round, but those shares only got paid out if we completed our rating page (and it had to include a certain number of comments beyond our score). At some point I quit receiving rating pages to complete and I assumed it was because I went a few months without posting any new writer content, but when I finally asked about it it turned out that the rating of writers program had just gotten dropped.

+, this was a great asset. I disagreed with some of the ratings given out by others, but because it was normalized/averaged between all ratings, it was a fair system.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:31:51 PM

+, this was a great asset. I disagreed with some of the ratings given out by others, but because it was normalized/averaged between all ratings, it was a fair system.

I was also a rater and I know we eliminated quite a bit of plagiarism and poor quality writing through the process.

im400

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:21:45 PM

I mentioned moderator positions in my Jan 8th post because oversight would be essential.  But I don't think you can create profitable content just through quality control measures.  You have to start with appealing subject matter, then go from there.

I apologize if my comments disparaged anyone's past efforts because that was not my intention.  My comments were about what might be done differently if the concept was to be rebooted under new management in light of how everyone is currently locked out.

Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: