Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2019, 10:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 398 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 949274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
templebar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

Important - Notice on Vircurex:

2016-04-05 DVC Delisting on 4th May 2016

The lack of DVC network hash power puts it at risk against double spend attacks. Hence we will decommission DVC on 4th May 2016. With immediate effect, deposits are no longer possible.
https://vircurex.com/main/index

Oh dear. There goes DVC's biggest exchange besides BTER.. Sad
Could you succesfully withdraw DVC from bter?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:02:32 PM

https://safecex.com/ works like a charm, tested it the other day. Deposits, exchange and withdrawal worked well, so moving all my money away from Vircurex immediately.

It would have sure been nice if Vircurex had placed their notice on their front page, and given some lead time where the wallet would still work for a few days. I just sent them some DVC not realizing this. Fortunately it was a small amount, but still, annoying.

As for the Safecex DVC wallet, it is currently offline. I made a much larger deposit there, because it had worked very well for me in the past. THEN I saw the notice on the deposit page! I've put in a support ticket and hope those DVC aren't entirely lost, and that they do put their wallet back online--at least long enough for people to withdraw funds if they decide to completely delist the coin.

DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective
Automated Bot Trading for Everyone
develCuy

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 07:13:59 PM

Safecex It keeps working for me:

https://safecex.com/ works like a charm, tested it the other day. Deposits, exchange and withdrawal worked well, so moving all my money away from Vircurex immediately.

It would have sure been nice if Vircurex had placed their notice on their front page, and given some lead time where the wallet would still work for a few days. I just sent them some DVC not realizing this. Fortunately it was a small amount, but still, annoying.

As for the Safecex DVC wallet, it is currently offline. I made a much larger deposit there, because it had worked very well for me in the past. THEN I saw the notice on the deposit page! I've put in a support ticket and hope those DVC aren't entirely lost, and that they do put their wallet back online--at least long enough for people to withdraw funds if they decide to completely delist the coin.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:20:47 PM

Yup, the wallet just came back online. I'm waiting to see my deposit. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Safecex It keeps working for me:

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:22:00 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 07:32:38 PM by wiser

By the way, I logged into my Vircurex account and cannot find any notice of delisting DVC or not supporting DVC deposits anywhere. Where is that notice located?

Edit: Never mind. I can find the announcement by clicking on the link that was posted here. However, that's not a page I normally see when I'm using my Vircurex account, so I didn't find it through the normal course of clicking around the site. Maybe I'm just missing something. I notice below that an announcement about Feathercoin and how they extended the deadline for withdrawing coins. Perhaps we can all request that they provide at least some period of time where the wallets are still online so that people can at least withdraw their funds. I mean, I don't think it's fair to immediately cause a wallet to not work. And anyway, what happens to funds that did get sent? Does Vircurex just keep them?

And my Safecex deposit is showing as pending and almost cleared, so all good there Smiley I guess we're all going to be moving our business there now, especially with whatever is going on with Bter.

RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:57:55 PM

By the way, I logged into my Vircurex account and cannot find any notice of delisting DVC or not supporting DVC deposits anywhere. Where is that notice located?

Edit: Never mind. I can find the announcement by clicking on the link that was posted here. However, that's not a page I normally see when I'm using my Vircurex account, so I didn't find it through the normal course of clicking around the site. Maybe I'm just missing something. I notice below that an announcement about Feathercoin and how they extended the deadline for withdrawing coins. Perhaps we can all request that they provide at least some period of time where the wallets are still online so that people can at least withdraw their funds. I mean, I don't think it's fair to immediately cause a wallet to not work. And anyway, what happens to funds that did get sent? Does Vircurex just keep them?

And my Safecex deposit is showing as pending and almost cleared, so all good there Smiley I guess we're all going to be moving our business there now, especially with whatever is going on with Bter.

The implications with Bter are reminiscent of what happened when Cryptsy started to unravel. There are also undertones of shady deals and other things that may indicate they won't be around much longer. Just my opinion, relay on your own!  Grin

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Flam

Activity: 368

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:02:52 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 02:13:29 PM by Flam

Important - Notice on Vircurex:

2016-04-05 DVC Delisting on 4th May 2016

The lack of DVC network hash power puts it at risk against double spend attacks. Hence we will decommission DVC on 4th May 2016. With immediate effect, deposits are no longer possible.
https://vircurex.com/main/index

Oh dear. There goes DVC's biggest exchange besides BTER.. Sad
Could you succesfully withdraw DVC from bter?

Hello

It has as a default withdraw cap about 500k per day which is a bit short : x

On another topic I would like to check a particular address on the blockhain and both explorers from cmc don't work on this task.
If there is another blockexplorer working, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Flam.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

develCuy

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 01:12:28 AM

@Flam, I'm running http://www.coinage.tk/devcoin and the plan is to include support for addresses, yet I would like to claim the block explorer bounty since as you said, most of them don't work or ar incomplete and such a feature requires some extra hosting power than what I can afford, so an ongoing bounty will pay the bill.

On another topic I would like to check a particular address on the blockhain and both explorers from cmc don't work on this task.
If there is another blockexplorer working, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Flam.

sdp

Activity: 439
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 07:26:24 PM

Does devcoin protocol suppurt spend to script hash bip allowing multisig addresses?

sdp

On seeing people having their accounts deleted by twitter and Chase for their political beliefs.  Isn't it time we closed our Chase bank accounts and twitter accounts?
https://d.tube/#!/v/pressfortruth/legx29vc
Flam

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:15:44 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 08:28:09 AM by Flam

Hello,

On round 57, as I banned an account for 50 shares of plagiarism and even if it was too late to be updated on dvccountdown the correct numbers (received amount) must be now 132.4 shares instead of 182.4 or 1359517 DVC per share instead of 986842.

Regards,

Flam.

PS: @develCuy Ok thanks.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:47:16 PM

Hello,

On round 57, as I banned an account for 50 shares of plagiarism and even if it was too late to be updated on dvccountdown the correct numbers (received amount) must be now 132.4 shares instead of 182.4 or 1359517 DVC per share instead of 986842.

Regards,

Flam.

Are you saying this correction made it into the receiver files but is not shown on DVC Countdown?

Thanks for taking care of that Smiley

Flam

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:04:24 PM

Hello,

Yes it was too late to be displayed on dcvcountdown as the updates after the deadline are done with few checkpoints manually but the receiver file was modified by UTB before the start of the payment round.

Regards,

Flam.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:34:20 PM

Hello,

Regards,

Flam.

Are you saying this correction made it into the receiver files but is not shown on DVC Countdown?

Thanks for taking care of that Smiley

DVC Countdown will always show the best estimate. This is how it works:

DVC Countdown runs the marketing and account.py files daily, and makes a best guess until the end of round. The real end of round happens when Unthinkingbit runs the official version and updates the charity github (https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/tree/master). When I see that it's been updated, I'll remove my guesstimate files and pull the official csvs. This usually happens when the countdown for the "Current Submission Round" has hit zero and I need to start the next round's files. Until that git pull happens, it could be showing incorrect data for the "Round in Progress".

It's a bit difficult to get the timing right, since UTB doesn't have a strict schedule on when the git is updated.

So, if you see something wrong with a round that has supposedly closed, contact UTB with the issue, and if he hasn't already run the files, he'll be able to fix it before it goes to press.

HB
gee118

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:36:55 AM

How up to date are these IP addresses? http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_seeds

The following suitable seeds are known at this time:

There are also some nodes people have posted, that would be suitable for use with the -addnode option either by the command line or configuration file if you are having trouble getting connections. Known at the time of this writing are:

dvc.rpwt.org:52333
devcoin.rpwt.org:52333
dvc.us.public.txn.co.in
dvc.eu.public.txn.co.in
dvc.public.txn.co.in ( picks one of the above )
dcnode.bitparking.com
Hunterbunter

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:08:25 AM

How up to date are these IP addresses? http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_seeds

There are also some nodes people have posted, that would be suitable for use with the -addnode option either by the command line or configuration file if you are having trouble getting connections. Known at the time of this writing are:

dvc.us.public.txn.co.in
dvc.eu.public.txn.co.in
dcnode.bitparking.com

I checked them when I was making that list about 12 months ago, and I don't think anyone's checked them since, so about that. Are there some that you think need to be removed?
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 877

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 05:06:40 PM

Need working nodes...
Wallet not syncing now!  Angry

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ

Activity: 278
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:14:23 AM

dvc.us.public.txn.co.in
dvc.eu.public.txn.co.in
dcnode.bitparking.com

I checked them when I was making that list about 12 months ago, and I don't think anyone's checked them since, so about that. Are there some that you think need to be removed?
remove dvc.rpwt.org and devcoin.rpwt.org, change to d.evco.in

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:31:36 PM

The Alcurex market seems to have dried up, and SafeCex is basically offline (or at least a lot of its wallets are offline) for the foreseeable future. Vircurex is no longer taking deposits. Are there any other exchanges that carry Devcoin?

develCuy

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 10:53:14 PM

The Alcurex market seems to have dried up, and SafeCex is basically offline (or at least a lot of its wallets are offline) for the foreseeable future. Vircurex is no longer taking deposits. Are there any other exchanges that carry Devcoin?

Yes, I know that coinage.tk is planning to add exchange functionality soon. Anyone willing to get a test account?

Hunterbunter

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:56:25 AM

I've been using BTER since vircurex died to pay for dvccountdown hosting. First convert dvc to cny, then cny to btc, fairly painless, but a bit harder to know if you're getting a good deal.

It's got a good UI, not sure how stable they are. Don't keep anything on the exchange if you don't trust it.

HB
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 398 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.