Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:25:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 06:56:33 AM

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

That's very good!! I like that!

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet no yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

Once upon a time PayPal and VirWox of Switzerland (hello SIX and I0C port 7333!) devs used to let me buy more SLL than I could afford for BTC. It was probably an intentional secret to see who would later realize the game by such a method. It let me know that as tight as a spread might be there's still a hole in the system where things "slip through" and in that pinkish/gray area I think there's certainly room for a time-hardened coin like DVC which will be able to insure anyone who floods in later looking for such a coin/system to transfer, transact, etc in DeFi. When they do choose to put their money, whatever money or value they have for that matter, into OUR coin, using OUR secure chain - DVC will be at the heart of the DeFi economy. At the end of the day the rules will close that spread/gap and the gamemaster will have enough peers "officers" so they never lose too much on fees, but also collect back enough interest to keep the clan of officers intact. The 100+% reserve works.

Yeah, DVC can hit $.10-$.20 but I’ve been buying the real deal.  That said I still own a bit of DVC. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 12:24:01 PM

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet no yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

Once upon a time PayPal and VirWox of Switzerland (hello SIX and I0C port 7333!) devs used to let me buy more SLL than I could afford for BTC. It was probably an intentional secret to see who would later realize the game by such a method. It let me know that as tight as a spread might be there's still a hole in the system where things "slip through" and in that pinkish/gray area I think there's certainly room for a time-hardened coin like DVC which will be able to insure anyone who floods in later looking for such a coin/system to transfer, transact, etc in DeFi. When they do choose to put their money, whatever money or value they have for that matter, into OUR coin, using OUR secure chain - DVC will be at the heart of the DeFi economy. At the end of the day the rules will close that spread/gap and the gamemaster will have enough peers "officers" so they never lose too much on fees, but also collect back enough interest to keep the clan of officers intact. The 100+% reserve works.

Yeah, DVC can hit $.10-$.20 but I’ve been buying the real deal.  That said I still own a bit of DVC. 

https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/IXC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5?filter=orderbook&pair=DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5-1

From the many one, from one, the source
bstr156

Activity: 58
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 02:09:01 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2020, 02:55:40 PM by bstr156

-MarkM-

No need to serve as a reserve custodian if it's a coin<->token two-way peg using a burn/mint process based on SPV.  The proofs are the reserve.  If you haven't already, check out Jag's work on Syscoin and how SYS<->SYSX operates between the native coin and the Syscoin Token Platform. Beyond that, from there you can do the same w/ SYSX (Syscoin Token) and get the SYSX (ERC-20).  Then you can play in Ethereum's DeFi land if you want, or do whatever Ethereum people do.

It's live on the Syscoin mainnet.

For actual decentralized "DEX" you might also consider BlockNet's BlockDX.  They are introducing a lot of improvements recently.

Syscoin Community member
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 04:33:07 PM

-MarkM-

No need to serve as a reserve custodian if it's a coin<->token two-way peg using a burn/mint process based on SPV.  The proofs are the reserve.  If you haven't already, check out Jag's work on Syscoin and how SYS<->SYSX operates between the native coin and the Syscoin Token Platform. Beyond that, from there you can do the same w/ SYSX (Syscoin Token) and get the SYSX (ERC-20).  Then you can play in Ethereum's DeFi land if you want, or do whatever Ethereum people do.

For actual decentralized "DEX" you might also consider BlockNet's BlockDX.  They are introducing a lot of improvements recently.

And what guarantees the peg will ALWAYS be 1:1? 

bstr156

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 05:04:28 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2020, 05:37:13 PM by bstr156

-MarkM-

It's network enforced that the quantity of the coins burned with `syscoinburntoassetallocation` is the quantity of the specific token to be minted (SYSX Asset: https://sys1.bcfn.ca/asset/1045909988).  The SYSX token was provisioned as such, in part by having its entire max supply minted then immediately burned. None of that token is or could float around without having its 1:1 peg as the only way to mint those tokens in the first place (post-provisioning) is out of the token supply that has been burned (again, max supply burned) and that minting can only occur via `syscoinburntoassetallocation` accompanied by a burn of the native coin SYS.

oh, and token spec attribute "max supply" cannot be changed.

Works the same way going the other direction via `assetallocationburn`.  The qty of SYSX burned is then re-minted as SYS out of that burned SYS supply pool.  Only it isn't necessary to burn the entire supply of the native coin of course... burning the max supply is only necessary for provisioning on the token side.

Syscoin Community member
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 07:29:49 PM

-MarkM-

It's network enforced that the quantity of the coins burned with `syscoinburntoassetallocation` is the quantity of the specific token to be minted (SYSX Asset: https://sys1.bcfn.ca/asset/1045909988).  The SYSX token was provisioned as such, in part by having its entire max supply minted then immediately burned. None of that token is or could float around without having its 1:1 peg as the only way to mint those tokens in the first place (post-provisioning) is out of the token supply that has been burned (again, max supply burned) and that minting can only occur via `syscoinburntoassetallocation` accompanied by a burn of the native coin SYS.

Works the same way going the other direction via `assetallocationburn`.  The qty of SYSX burned is then re-minted as SYS out of that burned SYS supply pool.  Only it isn't necessary to burn the entire supply of the native coin of course... burning the max supply is only necessary for provisioning on the token side.

Ok, so then what’s the redundant need for a token for all these coins?  Why not just use DVC, BSV, etc.  why are they all adding a token which you have to swap the coin for the token?  It doesn’t seem necessary since you can just as easily spend the coin itself. 

bstr156

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 10:26:25 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2020, 11:26:26 PM by bstr156

-MarkM-

Ok, so then what’s the redundant need for a token for all these coins?  Why not just use DVC, BSV, etc.  why are they all adding a token which you have to swap the coin for the token?  It doesn’t seem necessary since you can just as easily spend the coin itself.  

It's part of giving sovereign owners means that are permissionless and trust-minimized to enable their existing value with new use cases, services, and immediately-ideal characteristics (in areas like transactionality, security, programmability) - options that aren't available when the value is stuck on its original platform.  In a word, Interoperability - without using trading mechanisms nor depending on liquidity providers.  

Token platforms are conducive to cross-chain integrations like this, especially those that offer programmability like Ethereum in which case a clear path to mutual chain awareness is established.  We've accomplished this between Ethereum ERC-20 and Syscoin Platform Tokens using a notion of superblocks... similar to the early Dogethereum idea, but expanded and fleshed-out quite a bit more to the point of actually being production ready and live on a mainnet. ERC-20s can cross to a Syscoin (learn about Syscoin Bridge: https://syscoin.readme.io/docs/what-is-sysethereum-bridge-how-does-it-work) after which they exist as a token on a platform that provides improved means-of-exchange (fast, low-cost microtransactions and scalability - Learn about Z-DAG: https://syscoin.org/news/what-is-z-dag.) - and proven store-of-value which might be particularly important if Ethereum shifts to proof-of-stake. The other side of the coin is that all existing Syscoin Platform Tokens, including SYSX value which is pegged to the native coin SYS, can access Ethereum and all it has to offer ERC-20s.

For interop w/ platforms that don't offer programmability we are exploring ZKP as a way of generalizing the functionality of our bridge.

A shorter way of answering would just be "The reason is the same general idea in what MarkM is doing w/ Stellar, but our path is trust-minimized, permissionless and doesn't involve a token swap where there are reserve tokens in another human's wallet however good their intentions might be"

MarkM, you could integrate assets quite easily for Galactic Milieu. Check out our github when you have time.

Syscoin Community member
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 05:38:27 AM

I am not sure which if any coins used in the Galactic Milieu are up to date enough with bitcoin code to work properly with the various methods folks have come up with for doing cross-chain atomic exchange. For example I think a lot of them still have "malleable transactions" even as they are so old.

Open Transactions planned to federate the reserve-custodian function but I had to move on from that platform as they refused to finalize data formats or warrant that there would be conversion tools to migrate data from old to new formats if/when formats changed.

So currently acting as custodian of the coins represented by tokens still seems somewhat necessary for various of the coins.

But hey if you can somehow figure out which if any of our blockchains will work with whatever cross-chain stuff your system does to secure coins on the real blockchain that are in use as tokens on your system I'd love to hear which ones should work and see it implemented.

Next platform Galactic Milieu is likely to issue onto is Diamond (DMD) when its "version 4" comes out. Meanwhile accumulation of DMD in readiness for that era is ongoing.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 06:43:03 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2020, 07:05:57 AM by Traxo
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (7)

I am not sure which if any coins used in the Galactic Milieu are up to date enough with bitcoin code to work properly with the various methods folks have come up with for doing cross-chain atomic exchange.

Afaik, CIYAM AT dates back as far as 2014:  
http://ciyam.org/at/

Recently, Qortal developers had it integrated in their Trade Portal:  

[Trade Portal Info]
http://wiki.qortal.org/doku.php?id=trade_portal_info

It's up and running for quite a while already, you can see historical trades done using the Trade Portal:  
https://exqlorer.com/market

Currently only BTC <-> QORT atomic cross-chain transacting is supported, but BTC <-> LTC has been announced.  
No central authority, and it's very simple to use for average Joe.  
(Somebody went through the process and recorded it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpien_kOPM)  

I suspect GM Bitcoin forks might be up to date with the bitcoin code so somebody can come up with way for them to be supported.  
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 06:32:56 PM

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet not yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

I understand MarkM thanks for answering back. I wish something like that could be production-use ready and customizable enough to meet your best practices.  I think that would be awesome.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
feb14th

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 04:36:13 AM

Hi, again .

So I've now upgraded one of the laptops to win 10.

Some of my wallets are syncing some are not .

Unfortunately Devcoin wallet is still not.
Gets stuck at " Failed to connect best block .
will not load.

Anything else to try?
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2020, 04:03:53 PM

Following the latest proposal from P2PB2B's Alina:

The cooperation work will include:

- listing with BTC / USDT / ETH pairs
- 0% fee acc for MM (1month)
- Announcements in our channels: (Facebook, Twitter, Telegram community channel and Telegram, An announcement in our news blog, The email marketing campaign for more than 300,000 users)
Free trial services:
- AMA session in the exchange's telegram channel - in order to pay maximum attention to your project. Free
- Referral Games - to attract more users, and to make social media activity. Free
- Market Making for 2 weeks for free
* I included these free trial services, but you can choose another 3 services upon your decision.

Price: 1 BTC (actual until the 13th of September)

As a reminder, the parameters that we are looking for:

1. EXCHANGE proposal should include: % probability of ROI & timeframe for ROI (based on EXCHANGE experience with other coins/tokens)
2. Devcoin project would invest up to 1 BTC after discounts from EXCHANGE

I ackanowledge the work of people specialized on listing and promoting cryptocurrencies, since that is marketers job, not mine.

I stand on my innitiative of provisioning a reserve of 1 BTC. I'm not saying that WhiteBIT or P2PB2B will take it. Rather we should invest about that much money ourselves or via a partnership. Btw, somebody has to pay the bill at EOD.

People interested on helping with a fundraiser campaign for listing Devcoin, please contact me, we have a lot of work upfront!

For the record, we also have an active proposal from WhiteBIT.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
feb14th

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:21:22 PM

Hi, again .

So I've now upgraded one of the laptops to win 10.

Some of my wallets are syncing some are not .

Unfortunately Devcoin wallet is still not.
Gets stuck at " Failed to connect best block .
will not load.

Anything else to try?
develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2020, 04:22:51 AM

Dear Devcoin Community,

Let's start with a friendly reminder of our purpose as a project:

Devcoin is an ethically inspired cryptocurrency created in 2011 to support open source programmers and writers worldwide. Devcoin will eventually fund all types of developers including hardware developers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers

Let's honor it!

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin Foundation is going donate a percentage of its liquidity to charity via the Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC), a non-profit "that helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS projects. This allows FLOSS developers to focus on what they do best — writing and improving FLOSS for the general public — while Conservancy takes care of the projects' needs that do not relate directly to software development and documentation".

The effective donation amount will be transferred in US dollars and records will be added on every Devcoin round via https://github.com/devcoin/charity

Funding the SFC means to foster projects like: Busybox, Git, Homebrew, Inkscape, Metalink, Qemu, Samba and Wine among others. The next time that you talk about Devcoin with your peers, don't sell it short! Rather let them know how we are contributing to the fighting for software freedom! Full list of SFC projects https://sfconservancy.org/projects/current/

Go go Devcoin!

-- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 02:27:17 AM

Dear Devcoin Community,

Let's start with a friendly reminder of our purpose as a project:

Devcoin is an ethically inspired cryptocurrency created in 2011 to support open source programmers and writers worldwide. Devcoin will eventually fund all types of developers including hardware developers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers

Let's honor it!

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin Foundation is going donate a percentage of its liquidity to charity via the Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC), a non-profit "that helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS projects. This allows FLOSS developers to focus on what they do best — writing and improving FLOSS for the general public — while Conservancy takes care of the projects' needs that do not relate directly to software development and documentation".

The effective donation amount will be transferred in US dollars and records will be added on every Devcoin round via https://github.com/devcoin/charity

Funding the SFC means to foster projects like: Busybox, Git, Homebrew, Inkscape, Metalink, Qemu, Samba and Wine among others. The next time that you talk about Devcoin with your peers, don't sell it short! Rather let them know how we are contributing to the fighting for software freedom! Full list of SFC projects https://sfconservancy.org/projects/current/

Go go Devcoin!

-- develCuy

Sending quasi-merit (I have 0 to send =P). Keep up the good work!

From the many one, from one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 06:33:26 AM
Merited by Traxo (1)

Yup, marketing!

As seen a few months ago, being delisted from Altilly provided us with some great learning: Market or die! Our strongest arm in that regard was Devtome, but Exchanges don't care much about it nowadays, what they want is to measure the strength of our community channels (social media, not just bitcointalk), so that they can partner with us for promoting each other.

I'm glad to announce that Dan (realdantreccia, Satoshi0x) has joined the A-Team (admin team) as the Marketing guy! Dan is currently on charge of the FB page and is going to be delegated more channels progressively. The compensation is 1 (one) ongoing share starting from round 110. That share is taken from Devtome's, so it now has 49 shares.

If you are willing to help with Devcoin marketing, please consider to coordinate with Dan.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

feb14th

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 01:13:14 PM

Hi I've done all these things.

even brought a desktop pc and installed the wallet . win 10.
won't sync.
As suggested tried to contact on telegram .........no reply .

can anyone help please.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 06:40:44 PM

Hi I've done all these things.

even brought a desktop pc and installed the wallet . win 10.
won't sync.
As suggested tried to contact on telegram .........no reply .

can anyone help please.

Did you add nodes to your config?

Of all the shitcoin wallets i got dvc is probably the one syncing fastest.

edit: checked my wallet. dont even have any nodes added myself.

Is there a bootstrap somewhere or could someone make one?
feb14th

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 07:35:28 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I haven't

I don't know how .

do you have a node list and how to add?
develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2020, 08:32:36 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I haven't

I don't know how .

do you have a node list and how to add?

Please join our Telegram channel: https://t.me/Devcoins and say hi. I'll bring you support there.

- develCuy

Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: