Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 06:40:05 AM

I am not sure which if any coins used in the Galactic Milieu are up to date enough with bitcoin code to work properly with the various methods folks have come up with for doing cross-chain atomic exchange. For example I think a lot of them still have "malleable transactions" even as they are so old.

So what you're saying is that bitcoin code has updated beyond where our coins that began on blockchain and froze when you began issuing tokens for them on your Digitalis Open Transactions server using Open Transactions have transaction malleability issues since most of the Galactic Milieu coins inspired by BiTCoin probably never fixed those issues one can read here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_malleability... I can see how using a blockchain such as Bitcoin's with former blockchain coins that have been locked up in your custodial possession might not exactly be compatible when writing and signing transactions for blockchain coins across two invalidating blockchains...

Open Transactions planned to federate the reserve-custodian function but I had to move on from that platform as they refused to finalize data formats or warrant that there would be conversion tools to migrate data from old to new formats if/when formats changed.

So currently acting as custodian of the coins represented by tokens still seems somewhat necessary for various of the coins.

Keeping coins for now as a custodian while allowing people to trade tokens with other tokens on a platform such as Horizon or Stellar DEX is a temporary and easy solution to avoid issues with the actual blockchain coins and their possible incompatibility with Bitcoin as its network and BIPs have changed the rules to invalidate compatibility with older blockchain based coins. Data could even be incompatible between Berkley DB 4.7 and 4.8 and any Bitcoin/updated Bitcoin codebase chains that have since moved to other databases that are not backward compatible with the one my Devcoin - Wallet uses (Berkeley 4.8.30 April 9, 2010). So not just malleability issues there I assume, but things beyond my head that would tend to make me agree with you about atomic cross-chain transactions between our ancients and the current Bitcoin and it's blockchain/transaction/software parameters. Token swapping in a DEX like Stellar or on a self-run server and platform where these tokens are backed, or migrated from DOTs and Open Transactions to the Horizon Platform "home" and bridging with OTC transactions work for now. Clearly I've never had any complaints with you. But we do need to modernize soon. Unless it comes to us instead.

But hey if you can somehow figure out which if any of our blockchains will work with whatever cross-chain stuff your system does to secure coins on the real blockchain that are in use as tokens on your system I'd love to hear which ones should work and see it implemented.

Since your big seven Galactic currencies began as coins, fully issued 21-million in supply, and migrated rather quickly to Open Transactions and your methods of tokenization/custodial control of coins, those blockchains were last edited testnet configurations within a bitcoin client if I am not mistaken? With Merge Mining, its clear DVC coins and their raw blocks directly copying "Bitcoin block - transactions (really)" already sort of are compatible. But to call it cross-chain I would say to me it looks like layers that work well keeping a record with a DVC coin transaction on top and a copy of a raw Bitcoin block tx beneath on the "raw Devcoin block"... Sort of like printing on both sides of a sheet of paper with information that goes quite well together. I have never personally examined a GRouPcoin block but I am aware you said that too was stripped and reverted back to 50 coins per block indefinitely, that it is on a blockchain still, and that it was a test run to see if what you planned for DeVCoin and it being secured by POW merge mining would work. So there's another blockchain I've never looked at, but perhaps one in combination with our other merge mined chains (I0Coin being merge mind but 90 second blocks, IXCoin having a blockchain with big blocks and being an original sidechain to Bitcoin, etc).

Next platform Galactic Milieu is likely to issue onto is Diamond (DMD) when its "version 4" comes out. Meanwhile accumulation of DMD in readiness for that era is ongoing.

-MarkM-

By no means am I an expert at atomic swapping but I do believe that IXCoin, I0Coin, and others have fixed malleability issues in recent updates. Devcoin appears to be right where it needs to be (maybe the addition of other milieu configurations could help with any rate limiting necessary for secure swapping), and finally - automation. How does that all happen without a custodian, with real coins, and blockchains? Maybe we use our own unique and secure blockchains of the Galactic Milieu, the platforms and their legers as well as their unique features like HORIZON's DAE and POS/Leasing, Stellar's token swapping, but with automated ways for us to issue tokens while proving we have the coin to back them, and like you've planned, perhaps one more meaningful migration to DMD version 4 - when it becomes a platform that you believe will work for us. And if the bottleneck is still speed to pull of such transactions lets just use cross-platform/OS configuration mods like the first GG/GEG Geist Geld and it's Multicoin-exp fork Smiley A good wallet, but one you can only access your coins out of and per the rules set forth by the protocol. Uniswap muniswap.

These are just a lot of ideas. But I'm sure you know better than I what I'm getting at. I'm a fan. Keep it up! But definitely use our blockchains if we got some to spare without coins generation/transactions with coins but room for other data on them. Cough HORIZON cough Smiley

From the many one, from one, the source
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 07:10:58 AM

Also, CoinMarketCap decided to flirt with us and update a bunch of "historical data" (even if its not relevant or correct its activity on our "inactive page" over there!). Positives, even the chart shows a Market Cap for those dates, then September 17, 2020 it stopped.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/devcoin/historical-data/

=P

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 03:04:31 PM

Just added DVC to trading platform Kintum.io

I downloaded that. It makes you link to API from exchanges DVC isn't even listed on and I did not see DVC nor IXC. Care to make a tutorial to help us see what we missed?

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 05:08:06 PM

Hey @bstr156, thank you for bringing some healthy dev speech to this thread. Btw, we are aware that our codebase has aged, so we need all help available! I wish to see more dev talk here!

- develCuy

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

That's very good!! I like that!

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet no yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

No need to serve as a reserve custodian if it's a coin<->token two-way peg using a burn/mint process based on SPV.  The proofs are the reserve.  If you haven't already, check out Jag's work on Syscoin and how SYS<->SYSX operates between the native coin and the Syscoin Token Platform. Beyond that, from there you can do the same w/ SYSX (Syscoin Token) and get the SYSX (ERC-20).  Then you can play in Ethereum's DeFi land if you want, or do whatever Ethereum people do.

It's live on the Syscoin mainnet.

For actual decentralized "DEX" you might also consider BlockNet's BlockDX.  They are introducing a lot of improvements recently.

And what guarantees the peg will ALWAYS be 1:1?  

It's network enforced that the quantity of the coins burned with `syscoinburntoassetallocation` is the quantity of the specific token to be minted (SYSX Asset: https://sys1.bcfn.ca/asset/1045909988).  The SYSX token was provisioned as such, in part by having its entire max supply minted then immediately burned. None of that token is or could float around without having its 1:1 peg as the only way to mint those tokens in the first place (post-provisioning) is out of the token supply that has been burned (again, max supply burned) and that minting can only occur via `syscoinburntoassetallocation` accompanied by a burn of the native coin SYS.

oh, and token spec attribute "max supply" cannot be changed.

Works the same way going the other direction via `assetallocationburn`.  The qty of SYSX burned is then re-minted as SYS out of that burned SYS supply pool.  Only it isn't necessary to burn the entire supply of the native coin of course... burning the max supply is only necessary for provisioning on the token side.

Ok, so then what’s the redundant need for a token for all these coins?  Why not just use DVC, BSV, etc.  why are they all adding a token which you have to swap the coin for the token?  It doesn’t seem necessary since you can just as easily spend the coin itself.  

It's part of giving sovereign owners means that are permissionless and trust-minimized to enable their existing value with new use cases, services, and immediately-ideal characteristics (in areas like transactionality, security, programmability) - options that aren't available when the value is stuck on its original platform.  In a word, Interoperability - without using trading mechanisms nor depending on liquidity providers.  

Token platforms are conducive to cross-chain integrations like this, especially those that offer programmability like Ethereum in which case a clear path to mutual chain awareness is established.  We've accomplished this between Ethereum ERC-20 and Syscoin Platform Tokens using a notion of superblocks... similar to the early Dogethereum idea, but expanded and fleshed-out quite a bit more to the point of actually being production ready and live on a mainnet. ERC-20s can cross to a Syscoin (learn about Syscoin Bridge: https://syscoin.readme.io/docs/what-is-sysethereum-bridge-how-does-it-work) after which they exist as a token on a platform that provides improved means-of-exchange (fast, low-cost microtransactions and scalability - Learn about Z-DAG: https://syscoin.org/news/what-is-z-dag.) - and proven store-of-value which might be particularly important if Ethereum shifts to proof-of-stake. The other side of the coin is that all existing Syscoin Platform Tokens, including SYSX value which is pegged to the native coin SYS, can access Ethereum and all it has to offer ERC-20s.

For interop w/ platforms that don't offer programmability we are exploring ZKP as a way of generalizing the functionality of our bridge.

A shorter way of answering would just be "The reason is the same general idea in what MarkM is doing w/ Stellar, but our path is trust-minimized, permissionless and doesn't involve a token swap where there are reserve tokens in another human's wallet however good their intentions might be"

MarkM, you could integrate assets quite easily for Galactic Milieu. Check out our github when you have time.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 06:19:02 PM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (21)

Just added DVC to trading platform redacted

I downloaded that. It makes you link to API from exchanges DVC isn't even listed on and I did not see DVC nor IXC. Care to make a tutorial to help us see what we missed?

Here is a few steps tutorial:  
1) It's a scam
2) Don't download scammy files from the Internet
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 10:24:05 AM

Just added DVC to trading platform redacted

Here is a few steps tutorial:  
1) It's a scam
2) Don't download scammy files from the Internet

Eh diff computer, curiousity.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 10:27:21 AM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (21)

Hey @bstr156, thank you for bringing some healthy dev speech to this thread. Btw, we are aware that our codebase has aged, so we need all help available! I wish to see more dev talk here!

- develCuy

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

That's very good!! I like that!

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet no yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

No need to serve as a reserve custodian if it's a coin<->token two-way peg using a burn/mint process based on SPV.  The proofs are the reserve.  If you haven't already, check out Jag's work on Syscoin and how SYS<->SYSX operates between the native coin and the Syscoin Token Platform. Beyond that, from there you can do the same w/ SYSX (Syscoin Token) and get the SYSX (ERC-20).  Then you can play in Ethereum's DeFi land if you want, or do whatever Ethereum people do.

It's live on the Syscoin mainnet.

For actual decentralized "DEX" you might also consider BlockNet's BlockDX.  They are introducing a lot of improvements recently.

And what guarantees the peg will ALWAYS be 1:1?  

It's network enforced that the quantity of the coins burned with `syscoinburntoassetallocation` is the quantity of the specific token to be minted (SYSX Asset: https://sys1.bcfn.ca/asset/1045909988).  The SYSX token was provisioned as such, in part by having its entire max supply minted then immediately burned. None of that token is or could float around without having its 1:1 peg as the only way to mint those tokens in the first place (post-provisioning) is out of the token supply that has been burned (again, max supply burned) and that minting can only occur via `syscoinburntoassetallocation` accompanied by a burn of the native coin SYS.

oh, and token spec attribute "max supply" cannot be changed.

Works the same way going the other direction via `assetallocationburn`.  The qty of SYSX burned is then re-minted as SYS out of that burned SYS supply pool.  Only it isn't necessary to burn the entire supply of the native coin of course... burning the max supply is only necessary for provisioning on the token side.

Ok, so then what’s the redundant need for a token for all these coins?  Why not just use DVC, BSV, etc.  why are they all adding a token which you have to swap the coin for the token?  It doesn’t seem necessary since you can just as easily spend the coin itself.  

It's part of giving sovereign owners means that are permissionless and trust-minimized to enable their existing value with new use cases, services, and immediately-ideal characteristics (in areas like transactionality, security, programmability) - options that aren't available when the value is stuck on its original platform.  In a word, Interoperability - without using trading mechanisms nor depending on liquidity providers.  

Token platforms are conducive to cross-chain integrations like this, especially those that offer programmability like Ethereum in which case a clear path to mutual chain awareness is established.  We've accomplished this between Ethereum ERC-20 and Syscoin Platform Tokens using a notion of superblocks... similar to the early Dogethereum idea, but expanded and fleshed-out quite a bit more to the point of actually being production ready and live on a mainnet. ERC-20s can cross to a Syscoin (learn about Syscoin Bridge: https://syscoin.readme.io/docs/what-is-sysethereum-bridge-how-does-it-work) after which they exist as a token on a platform that provides improved means-of-exchange (fast, low-cost microtransactions and scalability - Learn about Z-DAG: https://syscoin.org/news/what-is-z-dag.) - and proven store-of-value which might be particularly important if Ethereum shifts to proof-of-stake. The other side of the coin is that all existing Syscoin Platform Tokens, including SYSX value which is pegged to the native coin SYS, can access Ethereum and all it has to offer ERC-20s.

For interop w/ platforms that don't offer programmability we are exploring ZKP as a way of generalizing the functionality of our bridge.

A shorter way of answering would just be "The reason is the same general idea in what MarkM is doing w/ Stellar, but our path is trust-minimized, permissionless and doesn't involve a token swap where there are reserve tokens in another human's wallet however good their intentions might be"

MarkM, you could integrate assets quite easily for Galactic Milieu. Check out our github when you have time.

Not just that, the CEO and founder of Blockchain Foundry and lead of Syscoin is former devcoin developer sidhujag Smiley He seems to have bookmarked a place for us to come back to the future and evolve as we've planned for some time Smiley

https://github.com/devcoin/core/commit/cf3e03bad10368d96294769b740841919b636810

Fix conflicting bitcoin counterparty conflict merge

Bitcoin reduced the tx return data bytes by half effectively cutting off
counterparty compatibility with 0.9.x see:
http://www.coindesk.com/developers-battle-bitcoin-block-chain/

This is to revert the bitcoin change so that we may one day support
counterparty, blockchain services and smart contracts

devcoin0.9.2
@sidhujag

sidhujag committed on Aug 7, 2014

Let's go for it Smiley

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2020, 09:27:21 PM

Checkout the latest Facebook Page community news!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1680562425434535&id=355430597947731

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 12:36:30 AM

Finally getting INBOUND connections to my Devcoin - Wallet! God bless seednode(s) and receiver files Smiley

Version I'm running:

Code:
"version" : 70001,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.8.5.1/"

My two inbound connections from a special kinda Devcoin Smiley

Code:
"version" : 32501,
"subver" : ""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0A0XcWy88

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 01:28:44 AM

Latest rate of DVC/BTC at https://dvcusd.traxo.me/:

Code:
BTC/USD: 11456.54
DVC/BTC: 0.000000035

Bargains at 0.00000001 DVC/BTC at FreiExcange imo Smiley

Link to that market: https://freiexchange.com/market/DVC/BTC

Latest Trades on that exchange (DVC/BTC):

Code:
Date Type Price(BTC) Amount(DVC) Total (BTC)
2020-09-23 09:57:23 BUY 0.00000001 500000.00000000 0.00500000
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 408.03727735 0.00000408
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 153986.04809780 0.00153986
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 15006.00000000 0.00015006
2020-09-23 06:02:50 BUY 0.00000001 64998.00000000 0.00064998
2020-09-23 06:02:50 BUY 0.00000001 1769912.91462484 0.01769912
2020-09-05 05:27:16 BUY 0.00000001 21868.00000000 0.00021868

Just over 1.03 BTC worth of DVC to buy at 1 satoshi currently:

Code:
Price DVC BTC Sum(BTC)
0.00000001 103841204.04461453 1.03841204 1.03841204

Enjoy!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 05:29:19 PM

Latest rate of DVC/BTC at https://dvcusd.traxo.me/:

Code:
BTC/USD: 11456.54
DVC/BTC: 0.000000035

Bargains at 0.00000001 DVC/BTC at FreiExcange imo Smiley

Link to that market: https://freiexchange.com/market/DVC/BTC

Latest Trades on that exchange (DVC/BTC):

Code:
Date Type Price(BTC) Amount(DVC) Total (BTC)
2020-09-23 09:57:23 BUY 0.00000001 500000.00000000 0.00500000
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 408.03727735 0.00000408
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 153986.04809780 0.00153986
2020-09-23 06:02:51 BUY 0.00000001 15006.00000000 0.00015006
2020-09-23 06:02:50 BUY 0.00000001 64998.00000000 0.00064998
2020-09-23 06:02:50 BUY 0.00000001 1769912.91462484 0.01769912
2020-09-05 05:27:16 BUY 0.00000001 21868.00000000 0.00021868

Just over 1.03 BTC worth of DVC to buy at 1 satoshi currently:

Code:
Price DVC BTC Sum(BTC)
0.00000001 103841204.04461453 1.03841204 1.03841204

Enjoy!

The real bitcoin?   Grin

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2020, 11:51:11 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (3), Traxo (1)

Dear Devcoin Community,

Let's start with a friendly reminder of our purpose as a project:

Devcoin is an ethically inspired cryptocurrency created in 2011 to support open source programmers and writers worldwide. Devcoin will eventually fund all types of developers including hardware developers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers

Let's honor it!

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin Foundation is going donate a percentage of its liquidity to charity via the Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC), a non-profit "that helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS projects. This allows FLOSS developers to focus on what they do best — writing and improving FLOSS for the general public — while Conservancy takes care of the projects' needs that do not relate directly to software development and documentation".

The effective donation amount will be transferred in US dollars and records will be added on every Devcoin round via https://github.com/devcoin/charity

Funding the SFC means to foster projects like: Busybox, Git, Homebrew, Inkscape, Metalink, Qemu, Samba and Wine among others. The next time that you talk about Devcoin with your peers, don't sell it short! Rather let them know how we are contributing to the fighting for software freedom! Full list of SFC projects https://sfconservancy.org/projects/current/

Go go Devcoin!

-- develCuy

This is our first donation to the Software Freedom Conservancy

We start humble with US$ 3.00. The sky is the limit!

See: https://github.com/devcoin/charity/tree/master/00110

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 10:59:49 PM

Dear Devcoin Community,

Let's start with a friendly reminder of our purpose as a project:

Devcoin is an ethically inspired cryptocurrency created in 2011 to support open source programmers and writers worldwide. Devcoin will eventually fund all types of developers including hardware developers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers

Let's honor it!

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin Foundation is going donate a percentage of its liquidity to charity via the Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC), a non-profit "that helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS projects. This allows FLOSS developers to focus on what they do best — writing and improving FLOSS for the general public — while Conservancy takes care of the projects' needs that do not relate directly to software development and documentation".

The effective donation amount will be transferred in US dollars and records will be added on every Devcoin round via https://github.com/devcoin/charity

Funding the SFC means to foster projects like: Busybox, Git, Homebrew, Inkscape, Metalink, Qemu, Samba and Wine among others. The next time that you talk about Devcoin with your peers, don't sell it short! Rather let them know how we are contributing to the fighting for software freedom! Full list of SFC projects https://sfconservancy.org/projects/current/

Go go Devcoin!

-- develCuy

This is our first donation to the Software Freedom Conservancy

We start humble with US$ 3.00. The sky is the limit!

See: https://github.com/devcoin/charity/tree/master/00110

- develCuy

Thanks buddy. I donate whenever someone asks me at the stores - St Judes, Animal Shelters, salvation army... if every Developer donated $3.00 like you did to thing like this that's a lot of charity Smiley Just like if we had some sort of light weight torrent to seed our network - well - lets just make sure we think of a better name than litecoin or "monero" - whether you're supporting your beliefs with the little you have or contributing your time to a project you believe in - its very admirable to do it with your heart and not for your wallet. 3 years - I'm still here - and I believe in your cause. I believe in the cause of all the ancients. Lets keep pushing this thing forward and beyond - we can win this battle yet Smiley

It would be great for something that people like you could get paid in and get it because they love making FLOSS projects for the world. Hell I might have to rip apart an old PC this weekend and put some linux on it to see if I can support HORIZON and our assets there with more than one server =)

develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 02:30:58 PM

Dear everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we have what seems to be a working build of Devcoin wallet for Windows. We are performing tests with the help of satoshi0x and iroking. Please report your own tests here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/85

If tests are successful and we don't get any major bug report during the next 30 days, I'll call it an stable release with version number 0.8.8.0!

Last but not least, let me acknowledge Cpol for partnering with me on this Windows build venture.

Download Devcoin wallet 0.8.7.0 for Windows: https://devcoin.org/wallet/Devcoin-0.8.7.0-x86_64.zip

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 05:42:42 PM

Great. Will give it a try  Cool

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 02:33:34 AM
Merited by develCuy (1)

Dear everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we have what seems to be a working build of Devcoin wallet for Windows. We are performing tests with the help of satoshi0x and iroking. Please report your own tests here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/85

If tests are successful and we don't get any major bug report during the next 30 days, I'll call it an stable release with version number 0.8.8.0!

Last but not least, let me acknowledge Cpol for partnering with me on this Windows build venture.

Download Devcoin wallet 0.8.7.0 for Windows: https://devcoin.org/wallet/Devcoin-0.8.7.0-x86_64.zip

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

As requested, a detailed report of "doing magic":

https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/85#issuecomment-737622459

A first for this project. Happy to oblige.

Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2020, 10:58:24 PM
Merited by develCuy (1)

You're welcome! It was quite a ride! Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2020, 09:53:56 PM

You're welcome! It was quite a ride! Smiley

I tested it myself. Thanks.

Also:

https://www.facebook.com/devcoin/posts/1740420599448717

drmutz

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 03:33:02 AM
Merited by realdantreccia (2), Wekkel (1)

Hello folks,

For a good time please take a look at https://github.com/bostontrader/crypto-docker/tree/master/Legacy/DVC-Devcoin

This is a Dockerfile that builds a modern commit (2020-Dec) of the DVC source code with Ubuntu 18.04.  It weighs in
at a mere 73 mb, which ain't too bad in today's world.  I would have used Ubuntu 20.04 but attempting to do so
makes building db4.8 much more difficult (cuz it's getting too old!)

This works well for me and easily finds peers and downloads the entire DVC blockchain from scratch if necessary.

My humble offering to the ecosystem.  Enjoy!
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2020, 04:11:46 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (2)

Thanks @drmutz! I'd love to see your feedback about the official Dockerfile: https://github.com/devcoin/core/blob/master/examples/Dockerfile

- develCuy

Hello folks,

For a good time please take a look at https://github.com/bostontrader/crypto-docker/tree/master/Legacy/DVC-Devcoin

This is a Dockerfile that builds a modern commit (2020-Dec) of the DVC source code with Ubuntu 18.04.  It weighs in
at a mere 73 mb, which ain't too bad in today's world.  I would have used Ubuntu 20.04 but attempting to do so
makes building db4.8 much more difficult (cuz it's getting too old!)

This works well for me and easily finds peers and downloads the entire DVC blockchain from scratch if necessary.

My humble offering to the ecosystem.  Enjoy!

Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: