Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388602 times)
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:38:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Here are the latest bootstraps for HBN & CAP

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yfnp7ubv35h869z/HoboNickels1510_20160322.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6os6mv5f36fxubh/BottleCaps2220_20160322.rar

Don't forget to make a backup of your wallet, Cheers!

Has someone tested/tried these files already? Will it be useful for RPi-2/3?

Thanks in advance.

I used the cap one, its fine.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 09:25:06 PM

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm gonna use it then Smiley

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 04:36:12 PM

Hi Bottlecaps fans! I have been experiencing an issue with coin control lately: when I use coin control to consolidate my coins to one address, I am seeing the operation succeed in the coin control window, but these newly created blocks of coins never receive any confirmations.

This has only been happening lately; I've been able to use coin control normally for months. My wallet seems to be up to date with the blockchain, and sending coins via Auto Savings is working fine. Has anyone else experienced this, or knows how to fix it? Thanks.
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:58:39 PM

Where is bottlecaps traded?
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 06:23:24 PM

Where is bottlecaps traded?

AFAIK in Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=CAP_BTC

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Lutomysl

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:05:38 PM

Hi Bottlecaps fans! I have been experiencing an issue with coin control lately: when I use coin control to consolidate my coins to one address, I am seeing the operation succeed in the coin control window, but these newly created blocks of coins never receive any confirmations.

This has only been happening lately; I've been able to use coin control normally for months. My wallet seems to be up to date with the blockchain, and sending coins via Auto Savings is working fine. Has anyone else experienced this, or knows how to fix it? Thanks.

i'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your walllet... are you sure you are not on a fork? beside this, i dont know what the problem might be.
ReydeApio

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:23:45 AM

I was having some wallet issues I
  • Backed up my wallet; navigate: File > Backup Wallet > Save (to Vault)
  • Checked my wallet; navigate: File >  Wallet > Check Wallet. (if no errors then skip next step.)
  • Repaired my wallet; navigate: File >  Wallet > Repair Wallet. (if resolved then stop here.)
  • Deleted all files except wallet.dat (repaired) from my bottlecaps appdata roaming folder then re-launched the QT client and re-synced the BlockChain.
A full resync fixed my issues (48 hours later) but you'll likely be able to stop at the third step.

Should you have read some earlier threads and come to the 'pywallet' mentions hesitate to download the current one. I recall coming across some recent negative feedback surrounding it stealing keys.

If you have issues dont hesitate to ask.  

ReydeApio

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:27:01 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 09:53:06 PM by ReydeApio

Evening all,

Fuzzbawls shared RPi binaries for BottleCaps-qt AND the bottlecapsd.  

If you appreciate it here is his BottleCaps address = Et4a2FrRzRxC4RAh88haNag3UaFFubyaPo

Thanks Fuzzbawls!

Quote from: Fuzzbawls
Got a successful stake on the RPi2

Here is the link to the binaries:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-oIh2h7uqLSakE4c0llTmhCYlU

Included in the file is the BottleCaps-qt AND the bottlecapsd binaries, statically compiled for use on Raspbian Wheezy or Raspbian Jessie (RPi2 intended target). They MAY work on a RPi1 or RPi3, but as I don't have such hardware myself, I cannot verify.

As noted previously, the rather large size of the CAP blockchain may result in inherent instability of the program when running on any SBC platform. Users should monitor and make frequent backups of their wallet.dat files (which is general good practice for any coin wallet on any platform).

RPi2 Binaries were compiled using OpenSSL 1.0.2d, BerkeleyDB 4.8.30, and Qt 5.4.2. UPNP disabled

Raspbian Jessie has seen some updates that aren't included in the default image that seem to have fixed the instability issues I was previously having. These aren't "extra" packages, but newer/fixed versions of the packages that are installed by default on a base system.

Users of Raspbian Jessie should ensure that their packages/system are updated if they are experiencing any stability problems with the wallet.

The same may hold true for Raspbian Wheezy, but I have yet to do extensive testing on that platform (especially since Wheezy is becoming older)

https://twitter.com/bottlecapsio/status/726529083018870784
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 07:26:20 AM

Just wanted to chime in myself and state that the files produced from my RPi2 binaries are completely portable with other binary distributions of the BottleCaps wallet. Though if you have followed previously mentioned steps to self-compile, you are probably running with bdb5.x (in which case your blockchain and wallet files are NOT compatible)
TentacleMan

Activity: 128

INSERT COIN

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:52:48 AM

Just wanted to chime in myself and state that the files produced from my RPi2 binaries are completely portable with other binary distributions of the BottleCaps wallet. Though if you have followed previously mentioned steps to self-compile, you are probably running with bdb5.x (in which case your blockchain and wallet files are NOT compatible)

Wallet is upgradeable with the db_upgrade wallet.dat command though. db_upgrade came bundled with the Berkeley DB I use on my Linux system (Arch based).

Melange [SPICE] - the spice must flow! Dune themed cryptocurrency, full of win. Official thread ~ Lightweight block explorer
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:41:35 AM

Wallet is upgradeable with the db_upgrade wallet.dat command though. db_upgrade came bundled with the Berkeley DB I use on my Linux system (Arch based).

Forward compatibility isn't the issue. The standard bdb version used is 4.8.30, which cannot open or otherwise use files that have been touched by bdb 5+.
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 12:49:47 AM

• Checked my wallet; navigate: File >  Wallet > Check Wallet. (if no errors then skip next step.)
  • Repaired my wallet; navigate: File >  Wallet > Repair Wallet. (if resolved then stop here.)
  • Deleted all files except wallet.dat (repaired) from my bottlecaps appdata roaming folder then re-launched the QT client and re-synced the BlockChain.
A full resync fixed my issues (48 hours later) but you'll likely be able to stop at the third step.

Should you have read some earlier threads and come to the 'pywallet' mentions hesitate to download the current one. I recall coming across some recent negative feedback surrounding it stealing keys.

Thanks for your suggestions! Checking and repairing the wallet didn't do the trick, but everything is fine now that I:

1. Dumped all my private keys, recording them in a text file
2. Stopped my BottleCaps wallet
3. Removed everything from my AppData\Roaming\BottleCaps folder, except for BottleCaps.conf
4. Restarted my BottleCaps wallet
5. Imported all my private keys into the new, empty wallet that gets generated

Somehow my wallet.dat needed to be replaced by a fresh one.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:21:35 PM

Thanks for your suggestions! Checking and repairing the wallet didn't do the trick, but everything is fine now that I:

1. Dumped all my private keys, recording them in a text file
2. Stopped my BottleCaps wallet
3. Removed everything from my AppData\Roaming\BottleCaps folder, except for BottleCaps.conf
4. Restarted my BottleCaps wallet
5. Imported all my private keys into the new, empty wallet that gets generated

Somehow my wallet.dat needed to be replaced by a fresh one.

Had the same problem - Nothing worked so I will try the dumpprivkey
mmfiore

Activity: 808

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:39:25 PM

whats up with the network difficulty for proof of work? I go to presstabs dashboard and it says no one is hashing but the difficulty is way high like in the 30 to 40 range. I am wondering how this could be?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:03:25 PM

whats up with the network difficulty for proof of work? I go to presstabs dashboard and it says no one is hashing but the difficulty is way high like in the 30 to 40 range. I am wondering how this could be?

no problem with network, smth wrong with presstab's explorer, it shows no pow data at all, and:

getdifficulty
{
"proof-of-work" : 9.74358349,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.01850548,
"search-interval" : 0
}

I don't see any proof of work blocks being published to the chain do you? Please advise.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:28:58 PM

no problem with network, smth wrong with presstab's explorer, it shows no pow data at all, and:

getdifficulty
{
"proof-of-work" : 9.74358349,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.01850548,
"search-interval" : 0
}

I don't see any proof of work blocks being published to the chain do you? Please advise.

that means no hashes, but why no pow diff on the graph ? it's simply constant now

The graph extracts information from the last 500 blocks. If there are not any PoW blocks then there is not any information added to the graph. Once another PoW block is added to the chain it will show up on the graph if it is within the last 500 blocks.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mmfiore

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 02:13:07 AM

Thanks for the info but I noticed that when I try to mine bottlecaps it still seems much more difficult to find blocks. I have tried several times even throwing over 1 ghz at the pool and still not able to find a block and I notice that pool reporting large sudden shifts in difficulty. I did notice that that presstab explorer not showing found blocks. I watch my miners in putty using screen -r. and notice they are not finding blocks as if the difficulty was real high. Usually I can find several blocks every minute when difficulty is low. I will keep trying and see what happens.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
mmfiore

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 04:08:20 PM

Yeah its definitely the pool. I wrote the admin for the pool. Hopefully they will fix the problem.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:07:38 PM

Looks like PoW blocks are coming in again. Probably just some problems with the pools, or too high of difficulty or something. Glad to see everything working again.

mmfiore

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:03:38 PM

the problem has been fixed. The pool had a glitch and switch my workers and pointed them to another coin. Bottlecaps network is golden

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: