Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin Release - First Scientific Computing Cryptocurrency  (Read 687907 times)
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:12:45 AM

any indication of value per coin yet?

edit:  other then 1 ltc/100,  I am not giving them away for that.... 

It ranges from ~0.2LTC per XPM up to 0.5LTC per XPM. At the moment.

That would put it at AT LEAST $60k in marketcap already... above Megacoin and below Worldcoin.

Something to remember, is that we're in speculative territory at the moment, Primecoin is new,from a well respected developer, whose previous coin is currently 3rd or 4th, just behind litecoin. It's a coin that has a new algorithm, and has a potential real world benefit.

Almost all the other alts are clones, there's a fair argument to be made that Primecoin competes with Novacoin, which has a market cap of ~$1,000,000. Or even that it competes with PPcoin and Litecoin. But whatever, it's early days, we'll wait and see.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkDog

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:21:00 AM

call 'GetWork' leads to SegmentationFault the installation of primecoin-0.1.0-win32-setup.exe and when building from source code.

why?

tested on Windows 7 and Ubuntu
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:21:16 AM

I've mined 4 blocks in the last 36 hours with my i7, totaling 74 XPM. At an exchange rate of .2 LTC/XPM, that equals about 6 USD. LOL not bad for running my desktop on low priority for a day.

Um at a rate of 1 LTC per 5 XPM, that's 14.8 LTC equaling about $36 at current market rates.
2.46LTC/USD, not 2.46USD/LTC. LOL I wish though. I made the same mistake and quick edited my post before someone saw.

Is the heat getting to you?
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

LOL wow.

Copied and saved that into a text file.

Might come in handy with all these trolls here  Smiley

Nice to know you copied and pasted it too: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:37:02 AM

If anyone would like to give it a shot, there's an extremely optimized sieve of Eratosthenes implementation here:
https://primesieve.googlecode.com

From the software:
 The best sieving performance is achieved with a sieve size of your
  CPU's L1 data cache size (usually 32 or 64 KB) when sieving < 10^16
  and a sieve size of your CPU's L2 cache size above.

primesieve uses the segmented sieve of Eratosthenes with wheel factorization, this algorithm has a complexity of O (N log log N) operations and uses O (sqrt N) space.

Segmentation is currently the best known practical improvement to the sieve of Eratosthenes. Instead of sieving the interval [2, n] at once one subdivides the sieve interval into a number of equal sized segments that are then sieved consecutively. Segmentation drops the memory requirement of the sieve of Eratosthenes from O(N) to O(sqrt N). The segment size is usually chosen to fit into the CPU's fast L1 or L2 cache memory which significantly speeds up sieving. A segmented version of the sieve of Eratosthenes was first published by Singleton in 1969 [1], Bays and Hudson in [2] describe the algorithm in more detail.

From the source, the sieve size is small (1 * 10^6) by default if I'm interpreting it correctly.

I'm wondering if a massively parallel GPU implementation with higher memory bandwidth also benefiting from the reduced memory requirements will see much better performance.

Also,
primesieve generates the first 50,847,534 primes up to 10^9 in just 0.4 seconds on a single core of an Intel Core i7-920 2.66GHz, this is about 50 times faster than an ordinary C/C++ sieve of Eratosthenes implementation and about 10,000 times faster than trial-division. primesieve outperforms my older ecprime (fastest from 2002 to 2010) by about 30 percent and also substantially outperforms primegen the fastest sieve of Atkin implementation on the web. Here is a list of other fast sieve of Eratosthenes implementations.

Is explaining how to implement this completely useless to a noob.. that is really really good at following directions?  I mean that is how I have been able to use linux over the past several yrs Smiley

if so somebody post or send a pm?  I'm trying to learn as much as humanly possible about all of this!  Smiley
drummerjdb666

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:38:18 AM

I've mined 4 blocks in the last 36 hours with my i7, totaling 74 XPM. At an exchange rate of .2 LTC/XPM, that equals about 6 USD. LOL not bad for running my desktop on low priority for a day.

Um at a rate of 1 LTC per 5 XPM, that's 14.8 LTC equaling about $36 at current market rates.
2.46LTC/USD, not 2.46USD/LTC. LOL I wish though. I made the same mistake and quick edited my post before someone saw.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

LOL wow.

Copied and saved that into a text file.

Might come in handy with all these trolls here  Smiley

Nice to know you copied and pasted it too: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

Seal's are just another seriously brainwashed breed of the humanz!   A really BAD ASS version.. yet still a sheep none the less!
Zalfrin

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:45:10 AM

I followed the same guide actually, works like a charm.  I do have a question though:

Since I have the basic compile working properly, I'd now like to compile for x64 / i7 / AVX, but with mingw I'm not exactly sure how. I assume there would be some extra flags necessary within the makefile for primecoind?  If so, does boost etc also need to be compiled with those flags, or only the compile of primecoind itself?

Rather newbish questions, but I'm quite new at this myself.  

You shouldn't need to add the optimization switches to boost/db/etc makes IMO, as we don't need to optimize those packages, but rather the overall coin daemon. I believe you just need to modify the appropriate makefile to add the gcc optimization switches you want, but I haven't got that far yet.
maka

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:15:17 AM

primecoind modified with mustyoshi's changes for linux http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/86926056/file.html
Compiled on debian x64, no idea if it'll run on other systems.
Use at your own risk, no guarantees that this is mining any faster.
Also, learn to compile yourself, it's fun, much more secure and feels like hacking.  Cheesy
for windows https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdRDlNbExRTlRGcWc/edit?pli=1

Your version works find on my windows 7 64bit laptop.  No idea how efficient it will be though.

Thanks bro!
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:25:16 AM

primecoind modified with mustyoshi's changes for linux http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/86926056/file.html
Also, learn to compile yourself, it's fun, much more secure and feels like hacking.  Cheesy
for windows https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdRDlNbExRTlRGcWc/edit?pli=1

Your version works find on my windows 7 64bit laptop.  No idea how efficient it will be though.

Thanks bro!

Is that safe to use?
I guess it is...but better safe than sorry, right? Cheesy
nmersulypnem

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:32:51 AM

You can find good information here:
Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

I already check it - working.

...but you must have made some changes.  Following the instructions, I'm getting build errors on compiling leveldb...

g++ -c -mthreads -O2 -w -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DB
OOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6=1 -IC:/primecoin-master/src/leveldb/include -IC:/primecoin-master/src/leveldb/helpers -I"C:/primecoin
-master/src" -I"/usr/local/include" -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
alert.cpp:6:53: fatal error: boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

...I'm not sure why but it can't find a boost file which is definitely there....
Effayy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:38:23 AM

You can find good information here:
Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

I already check it - working.

...but you must have made some changes.  Following the instructions, I'm getting build errors on compiling leveldb...

g++ -c -mthreads -O2 -w -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DB
OOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6=1 -IC:/primecoin-master/src/leveldb/include -IC:/primecoin-master/src/leveldb/helpers -I"C:/primecoin
-master/src" -I"/usr/local/include" -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
alert.cpp:6:53: fatal error: boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

...I'm not sure why but it can't find a boost file which is definitely there....

I had to make a change to the boost value in the makefile.mingw I believe.  It was _52, and I changed to _54 to match the revision I was using.

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:38:52 AM

call 'GetWork' leads to SegmentationFault the installation of primecoin-0.1.0-win32-setup.exe and when building from source code.

why?

tested on Windows 7 and Ubuntu

I've got the same and then I've compiled and I've created a primecoin.config with the usual entries and now getwork woks just fine. I don't know which one helped the .conf or the compilation.
maka

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:41:53 AM

Thanks bro!

Is that safe to use?
I guess it is...but better safe than sorry, right? Cheesy

well, my laptop has been running for the last 48 hours and not a single block.  It is not like I'm gonna lose anything, so...
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:45:50 AM

Holy, hahahaa! That was among the most childish posts I have ever seen on bitcointalk! This is a true "Internet Tough guy" post, and I have to say, it made a laugh. I would love to type something and get a response like that, but sadly I can't think of anything.

Anyways, it is fantastic seeing PrimeCoin doing so well so far. I am genuinely mining it not for the money (I don't expect to make more than five bucks for 100 XPM), but instead in hope that this will get more popular so we can actually start to benefit the scientific/mathematical/crypto community. Anyone else excited about this?!
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:53:11 AM

Any news on a web block explorer that can search by address rather than just block or transaction?

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 06:55:20 AM

Any news about gpu miner ?

n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:21:22 AM

Going off 0.3 LTC/XPM (which is about 75 cents right now), I have 77.75XPM to sell @ 0.01BTC each.
drummerjdb666

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:23:17 AM

Holy, hahahaa! That was among the most childish posts I have ever seen on bitcointalk! This is a true "Internet Tough guy" post, and I have to say, it made a laugh. I would love to type something and get a response like that, but sadly I can't think of anything.

Anyways, it is fantastic seeing PrimeCoin doing so well so far. I am genuinely mining it not for the money (I don't expect to make more than five bucks for 100 XPM), but instead in hope that this will get more popular so we can actually start to benefit the scientific/mathematical/crypto community. Anyone else excited about this?!

try this

SEAL's are just another seriously BRAINWASHED breed of the humanz!   A really BAD ASS version.. yet still a SHEEP none the less!

:::pulls cord::: - :::: the troll says::::  " seal's.. brainwashed bad ass sheep"
n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:26:09 AM

>2013
>falling for copypasta
iShiggy
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:27:12 AM

so how does primecoin benefit the scientific community now? Are we trying to find new prime numbers? that would be kind of cool
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:29:31 AM

so how does primecoin benefit the scientific community now? Are we trying to find new prime numbers? that would be kind of cool

I think primecoin has already made some new records.  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: