Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:48:50 AM

Hmm, well, for the record BFL got away with it, HF will likely too. It takes a rare kind of breed to actually do something. HF just have to wait it out, meanwhile their "creative pickaxing" (to borrow a phrase from Death&Taxes) will have paid off.
No one really sued BFL, and our HF case is much stronger than BFL. We have proofs that they lied to us to sell an overpriced product. There is not even a lot to discuss about, what they did was illegal.

I was about to ask about BFL but didn't want to hijack the thread. This is amazing for me. After all the drama not one single person sued them? I just can't believe this. Maybe HF already knew this and they just took the same route.

Maybe everyone who got serious about suing BFL got paid off on the condition of no public comment?
People who sue, don't comment on anything.

People who are stupid (or surprisingly smart) are the only ones willing to say anything publicly until they win their case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:55:46 AM

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

If anyone can get our hardware through the holiday rush and your local customs office quickly, it's CIARA.
@ HashFast_CL

Understandably, I believe your customers enthusiasm will be underwhelming considering you promised a delivery date in October, my friend.

At this point your company is pretty much looking out for itself by delivering before December 31st, 2013, and not it's customers.

=================

Isn't everyone excited to hear they are going to circumvent the refunds?  Wink

Come on, speak up if you are excited. Lets hear your voice.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:15:25 AM

Come on, speak up if you are excited. Lets hear your voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:52:08 AM

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

If anyone can get our hardware through the holiday rush and your local customs office quickly, it's CIARA.

Please post a link to the Baby Jet's user manual. I am assuming there is one if shipping starts in 4 days.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:58:25 AM

Looks to me that they were still working on the driver 2 days ago. Adding thermal overload logging/recovery.

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/c852e213c41a2312f5c3ef73c3df54f49160ce04

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:00:35 AM

Looks to me that they were still working on the driver 2 days ago. Adding thermal overload logging/recovery.

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/c852e213c41a2312f5c3ef73c3df54f49160ce04

It would suck if these shipped and we had no mining software to run them with. My RaspberryPi is ready for them.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:03:26 AM

It would suck if these shipped and we had no mining software to run them with. My RaspberryPi is ready for them.

They (should) include a RPi.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:17:55 AM

Really?! I must be out of the loop as I though they were sending just the units and it was up to us to provide the host to manage them.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:23:42 AM

Really?! I must be out of the loop as I though they were sending just the units and it was up to us to provide the host to manage them.

Yes the BJ was supposed to come with a mining controller that runs linux. Sierra does not include it.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:26:05 AM

Yes the BJ was supposed to come with a mining controller that runs linux. Sierra does not include it.

K, thanks for the info. I guess I shall find out.

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 05:07:57 AM

Hi MrTeal,

The Baby Jet comes with a Raspberry Pi running cgminer on Raspbian Linux.

More info here:

https://hashfast.com/the-baby-jet-controller/

The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port. The Raspberry Pi will ship with an SD Card pre-loaded with the standard Debian/Linux derivative Raspbian OS, complete with CGMiner pre-installed. You can SSH into it to configure it, and install whatever other software you need. The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to.

The Sierra needs something a little more powerful than the Pi.  Any old 1U server, desktop, or laptop is fine.  Even a newer Android tablet should work!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:09:43 AM

Still curious about that 400 number.  Why 400? 

My order is later too.

And a manual.  That would be nice.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 05:37:01 AM

Hi MrTeal,

More info here:

The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port. The Raspberry Pi will ship with an SD Card pre-loaded with the standard Debian/Linux derivative Raspbian OS, complete with CGMiner pre-installed. You can SSH into it to configure it, and install whatever other software you need. The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to.

The Sierra needs something a little more powerful than the Pi.  Any old 1U server, desktop, or laptop is fine.  Even a newer Android tablet should work!

Thanks for confirming that for us - or for me as I apparently I was the only one who didn't know this.

One quick question though, does the rasp  pi image come with a fancy web gui as well ? Not that It's needed, but I'm just curious to know.

floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:05:19 AM

Hi HashFast_CL,

Would you be able to provide an estimate as to when those who bought into the MPP will receive their additional chips? Thanks!

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 06:06:25 AM

One quick question though, does the rasp  pi image come with a fancy web gui as well ? Not that It's needed, but I'm just curious to know.

The RPi isn't powerful enough to run a 'fancy web gui' and cgminer is terminal-based.

I'm trying to get DrHaribo and Tacotime development boards, so users who don't like cgiminer will have GUI-based options.

Best,

-HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:21:52 AM

Hi HashFast_CL,

Would you be able to provide an estimate as to when those who bought into the MPP will receive their additional chips? Thanks!

After the 31 of January  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 06:30:34 AM

The RPi isn't powerful enough to run a 'fancy web gui' and cgminer is terminal-based.

I'm trying to get DrHaribo and Tacotime development boards, so users who don't like cgiminer will have GUI-based options.

Best,

-HF_CL

Not true. Look at bitfury's web interface, avalon (arguably an even weaker processor inside the tplink routers), custom pi mining firmwares, etc

As far as cgminer being terminal based that's not a limitation as it has an API that can export all the necessary stats and info a gui might require. Like I said I really don't care if it comes with a gui option or not, but some more novice miners may.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:03:41 AM

Hi MrTeal,

More info here:

Thanks for confirming that for us - or for me as I apparently I was the only one who didn't know this.
This is a heads up: If they run the OS from the build-in SD card it's likely gonna fail sooner or later (filesystem damages) and will have to be re-imaged, as happened to the bitfury machines. So be prepared to swap any failing SD cards.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:04:46 AM

Best,

-HF_CL

Not true. Look at bitfury's web interface, avalon (arguably an even weaker processor inside the tplink routers), custom pi mining firmwares, etc

As far as cgminer being terminal based that's not a limitation as it has an API that can export all the necessary stats and info a gui might require. Like I said I really don't care if it comes with a gui option or not, but some more novice miners may.

It should be possible to run minepeon as long as you use the updated cgminer with the HF driver. http://minepeon.com/index.php/Main_Page
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:16:29 AM

Hi MrTeal,

More info here:

This is a heads up: If they run the OS from the build-in SD card it's likely gonna fail sooner or later (filesystem damages) and will have to be re-imaged, as happened to the bitfury machines. So be prepared to swap any failing SD cards.

Is that prevalent? I read somewhere that it's due to the way people restart/shutdown their systems.

@ninjarobot - is  minepeon somehow inherently better at this, does it use the file system less? As far as I'm aware none of these custom linux distros were designed for an embedded environment and hence make normal use of the file system.

Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: