Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283594 times)
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:24:08 PM

Please stop posting FUD about CoinEx, we will issue an announcement within next 24hrs about how we are going to handle the situation.

Long story short: yes, our wallet server got hacked and all funds were withdrawn.

Please read back to the beginning of this thread, we had such a problem before and *returned all the stolen funds from our own pockets*. Before this hack happened, we also had several attacks that lost funds and we silently covered those from our fees.

For those who was stalking me at internets: thats true, i was trying to hide/delete my accounts. At the very first moment i saw zero balance at our bitcoin wallet i knew this was coming. And it scared the shit out of me. Hope you can understand that.
About me selling bitcoins at localbitcoins.com: thats true too. I have 33mh/s scrypt gpu mining farm, I have >50% of coinex fees + I get % from cryptostocks share sells. Nothing criminal here again.

So again, please calm down. We are not doing a runner.

The only way i can see to restore this is to sell more shares at cryptostocks to cover the losses *and to hire a professional security audit team to prevent this from happening again*.
Long story short, we're covering this from our own pockets again.

Thanks
- erundook

Also like everyone says thanks for this update!
But do understand that since the issue with gox we all get a little scared here Wink.

Hope you can fix this!
I gues a little donation from everyone that is willing to help get this thing up is perhaps an idea, after everything is restored that is.

I have never had a problem with his pools b4 coinex or with coinex itself. I will be willing to donate some of my coin if it helps. Smiley)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
def_ender

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:25:13 PM

Thanks for being honest!
As i see, you can try to refund some bitcoin losses with cryptostocks shares.
Also, please, provide info about other currencies. Is it only BTC problem?
Captredeye71

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:25:37 PM

Thank you for lifting my fears. You can keep my coins! I just want this great exchanged back up and running.
dicser

Activity: 179

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:28:19 PM

Right, good question btc only problem?
lmfsthefounder

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:29:31 PM

Coinex Staff:

PLEASE POST A DONATION ADDRESS FOR EACH COIN ON THE MAINTENANCE PAGE
shawk08033

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

corsis.com is a good audit company, not sure how much they like crypto-currency.
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:33:18 PM

Thanks for being honest!

Jesus tapdancing Christ!
Thank you for having an exchange with security unfit for purpose and once hacked off all funds being honest and offering to sell shares. This is Poloniex handbook right here.

The exchange gets hacked and a sorry is enough? Was the exchange run for charity or as a pure hobby? No! Where are the profits now? Once again failure to invest returns in security empties the users' pockets. Oh but there's a sorry. So it's the same as Mt Gox but the admin admitted to running a shitty service
meilen

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

We all was waiting for information. Thanks for that.
I waiting for more information.
shawk08033

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

Sh*t..all my 30mil CTM gone?

If you have alteast 25 Ghs you could mine on my pool and get it back in 5 day. infinti-pool(".tk")

remove (" and ") this forum gets bitchy about my domain name
patnor1011

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:36:27 PM

I have no problem to buy more shares, I can suggest even raising mining fee % for time required to cover some portion of stolen funds. It is essential to hire reputable company to put additional safety measures on site and keep more coins in cold storage, something like withdrawal time limit, not to make it instant let people wait a while and have it checked before some high amounts are released.
I do have 2 accounts and several btc tied on coinex, I will be not very happy to lose them and I certainly do not want to see coinex fail.
def_ender

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:37:10 PM

Thanks for being honest!

Jesus tapdancing Christ!
Thank you for having an exchange with security unfit for purpose and once hacked off all funds being honest and offering to sell shares. This is Poloniex handbook right here.

The exchange gets hacked and a sorry is enough? Was the exchange run for charity or as a pure hobby? No! Where are the profits now? Once again failure to invest returns in security empties the users' pockets. Oh but there's a sorry. So it's the same as Mt Gox but the admin admitted to running a shitty service
Please calm down.
I was in such a situation, and i know that now he's having really hard times.
Trying to refund everything is really good for exchange. You'r giving example of GOX, but gox haven't refunded shit, they just ran out with money, so this it not even an option.
Stay calm and wait.
Abinito

Activity: 196
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:40:13 PM

Please stop posting FUD about CoinEx, we will issue an announcement within next 24hrs about how we are going to handle the situation.

Long story short: yes, our wallet server got hacked and all funds were withdrawn.

Please read back to the beginning of this thread, we had such a problem before and *returned all the stolen funds from our own pockets*. Before this hack happened, we also had several attacks that lost funds and we silently covered those from our fees.

For those who was stalking me at internets: thats true, i was trying to hide/delete my accounts. At the very first moment i saw zero balance at our bitcoin wallet i knew this was coming. And it scared the shit out of me. Hope you can understand that.
About me selling bitcoins at localbitcoins.com: thats true too. I have 33mh/s scrypt gpu mining farm, I have >50% of coinex fees + I get % from cryptostocks share sells. Nothing criminal here again.

The only way i can see to restore this is to sell more shares at cryptostocks to cover the losses *and to hire a professional security audit team to prevent this from happening again*.

Thanks
- erundook

I really wonder whats wrong with some people. Imagine running a jewelry store or money exchange without insurance, beeing robbed several times, waiting for the final blow before thinking about security. There are no words to describe this way of working.

It is quite obvious that you are not capable of running a business like this. No one should support this and give the owner new confidence over and over. This wont work.

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
murfis

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:50:28 PM

Thanks
- erundook

Good luck with this operation. We all hate to see our funds disappear, but hopefully at the end of all this we would've all learnt a lesson that we would not repeat... otherwise, BTC and All cryptos are doing is proving the outside world correct about their fears of approaching this field.
W.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:51:18 PM

Thanks
- erundook

I really wonder whats wrong with some people. Imagine running a jewelry store or money exchange without insurance, beeing robbed several times, waiting for the final blow before thinking about security. There are no words to describe this way of working.

It is quite obvious that you are not capable of running a business like this. No one should support this and give the owner new confidence over and over. This wont work.

It is impossible to get insurance for this, I have tried and after failing decided not to start an exchange (Thank God!)

Why don't you people try and do a little research before your moronic posts. It does nothing but spam the thread and make the Owners not want to come here and keep us updated.

And I would actually trust a Bank that has been robbed twice and repaid it's customers.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
BTCIRV

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:51:43 PM

Thanks
- erundook

Thanks for the announcement. CoinEx is one of my favorite exchanges because things actually work quickly, and I'm not waiting for funds for hours, days or months, such as from Cryptsy.

I had about $20 to $40 or so on the site - not too bad, and withdrew mining profits daily. You guys have always responded to my help tickets in an hour or two or less. You've always taken care of things.

While security and not having a double verification system is obviously risky, and while the site obviously needs security improvements, I'll be back if you are.

Losing .65 LTC, .015 BTC, half an Uno and some other shit coins mined in 24 hours before the hack won't kill me. Though I did want those open source coins. Damnit.

I hope you recover, get some insurance, and better security. I don't like to use Cryptsy.

jmbinfo

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

Thanks
- erundook

I think the problem is these operators "think" they have it secure but quickly realize how difficult it is when you are 1 against 1000s of hackers. Banks and credit cards get "hacked" all the time and they "think" they have it secure. I had about 2 BTC in coinex so I feel the pain. But it was my own fault for not withdrawing my money and putting it somewhere safe ( ie: paper wallet ). Sure, I "thought" it was safe but given all the news as of late you just can't trust that exchanges are a safe place to hold your coins. It will get safer but this isn't the last time we will see a relatively major player in the crypto-world get hacked. It sounds like he is going to learn a very expensive lesson but is trying to do the right thing. I'm going to cut him some slack. What everyone else does is up to them. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes and that is so scary I can't even imagine.
patnor1011

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:59:28 PM

There is another idea worth think about.
If funds were really stolen it is quite hard to replace them quick. What about coinex refund people who will agree to such deal in coinex shares? Fix security issues as fast as possible, with not damaging quality and run site again. Let shareholders get dividends right from start. It may look like forced sale but some people may appreciate to at least having this instead of waiting months to get funds back.
Also we need a little transparency - we need to know what was stolen. Only btc or any other coins too?
General_Snuss

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:59:56 PM

Well crap Angry

Hope you get up and running again.

If it will help you may convert my funds to stocks. ( not that it is much with my whopping 30kh )
fackie

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:01:47 PM

Thank you for the update erundook and ignore the flamers. I too hold a balance on CoinEx and I'm here patiently waiting for news without disturbing the, no doubt, arduous task that you're going through.

I hope you are able to come to a conclusion as to how it was done, and how to prevent it from happening again.

Quick question for you: were all funds from all wallets (altcoins) also targeted, or did they focus on bitcoin/litecoin/other large wallets only?

Thx and speedy recovery.
BTCIRV

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:02:19 PM

There is another idea worth think about.
If funds were really stolen it is quite hard to replace them quick. What about coinex refund people who will agree to such deal in coinex shares?
Also we need a little transparency - we need to know what was stolen. Only btc or any other coins too?

Not a bad idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: