Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:19:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

Oh I don't plan on going anywhere and any news I hear I will share with the group.

I have kinda been waiting for someone with more experience and more attitude to dissect RWmax's post but I guess I will have to dive in and get my feet wet and give it a try myself a little later when I have some time but I still have a couple hours of real life work to do so you will all have to wait for that, unless someone wants to take that on before I get to it.

I will try to stay on topic Grin

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:36:28 PM

Not when you factor in power-supply, labor connecting it all, some form of case... (Last time I checked, they didn't ship with power-supplies.)

Add in an overkill power supply for $99 and it's still cheaper. Case not needed. If you really need to host your miner in your baby's crib, I recommend some other product.

Buy & Hold
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:18:09 AM

These are my two favorite pics on this whole thread. What's yours, gang?

These 2 pics are puzzling.  What's the point?  they are fully stocked on packaging supplies and ready to ship?

For those still debating:

1. yes AMT is a real company that ships rigs from Havertown, PA.  

2. They resell technobit boards(hex16b in my case), repackaged in Lian Li cases, with an AMT tag on them.  

3.  Quality of parts is great.  at least the boards and chips.  The way they are put together is suspect. Upon delivery, I'd suggest taking a very close look at your rig.  Maybe you will get lucky like Biomech, and it works out of the box.  Or maybe you'll get one like me, or the guy in Florida that got his a few weeks before i did.  Both of ours need some re-working in order to get them mining correctly.  

4.  you will get your rig, eventually.  Will it show up when they said it would?  Highly unlikely.

I still havent quite figured out why my rig restarts cgminer every minute or 2.  I may have to disable the cron jobs, and see what happens when cgminer runs for an hour or two.

in the backround you can see boxes with ups pouchs on them.  Which could mean they are getting ready to ship....

Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:32:39 AM

So I guess a skype group call is out of the question?

Only 1 person got back to me with their SKYPE name lol.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:45:22 AM

in the backround you can see boxes with ups pouchs on them.  Which could mean they are getting ready to ship....

Yeah, or those are the cases they ordered in those boxes.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:45:47 AM

Who was it that wanted to sell their spot in line?

PM me so I can jump to an earlier spot in line if you are giving up your position.

~Casey

you can buy order #610 from me.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
captin crunch

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:30:50 AM

Sorry Casey,
my webcam doesn't work anymore hence no Skype. sometimes I wish I Had more time for that sort of thing but I usually have so many iron in the fire at once it's hard to pin me down at any given time. That and my pc is currently my miner and even the little smiley faces freak out my monitor, let alone full streaming video.

Nothing personal

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:31:34 AM

I dont get this skype things.   You guys are wasting your time..
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:48:53 AM

Skype for coordination... Wink, incase AMT does not deliver by the end of MARCH. We can all work on filing for a joint case against them.

Without coordination, you would see a small dent into the side of that boat.

Maybe this may show them that we are serious and will act accordingly.

Just a thought....

Skype name: Casiriah

Thanks guys! ~

Very Respectfully,

~SSgt Merry
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:17:31 AM

These are my two favorite pics on this whole thread. What's yours, gang?

These 2 pics are puzzling.  What's the point?  they are fully stocked on packaging supplies and ready to ship?

For those still debating:

1. yes AMT is a real company that ships rigs from Havertown, PA.  

2. They resell technobit boards(hex16b in my case), repackaged in Lian Li cases, with an AMT tag on them.  

3.  Quality of parts is great.  at least the boards and chips.  The way they are put together is suspect. Upon delivery, I'd suggest taking a very close look at your rig.  Maybe you will get lucky like Biomech, and it works out of the box.  Or maybe you'll get one like me, or the guy in Florida that got his a few weeks before i did.  Both of ours need some re-working in order to get them mining correctly.  

4.  you will get your rig, eventually.  Will it show up when they said it would?  Highly unlikely.

I still havent quite figured out why my rig restarts cgminer every minute or 2.  I may have to disable the cron jobs, and see what happens when cgminer runs for an hour or two.

Well, like you said, I got lucky. But you could try restoring the defaults, as the only time mine started that behaviour was when I fucked around with the settings without knowing what I was doing. I then put everything back to default in the cgminer setup tab, and only pushed buttons that I knew what I was doing with. Since then the only "failures" were when I was mining at an altcoin profit switching pool. My miner didn't get along with his pool. Constant problems. The guy worked with me, so I don't wanna name the pool or badmouth him. I just see it as incompatibility Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:26:16 AM

Not when you factor in power-supply, labor connecting it all, some form of case... (Last time I checked, they didn't ship with power-supplies.)

Add in an overkill power supply for $99 and it's still cheaper. Case not needed. If you really need to host your miner in your baby's crib, I recommend some other product.

I'm actually seriously considering just buying hashpower via Piggyback mining. I bought a small amount already, and the cost is about the same as an antminer when you add in a power supply for a five year contract. I've been using them for two weeks as a "test" and they have paid out on time every sunday. Not a bad deal, actually. I'd prefer to have the miner physically in my possession, but this ain't a bad alternative. And the ability to buy 1 GH/s at a time is kind of cool as well.

It does, however lack the flexibility. I can't mine anything but bitcoin with it. That's not all bad, but as the diff rises, I can play arbitrage games if I have a miner in hand. So, Ant or not ant, that is the question...

Maybe I'll split the difference and try to get a cube or something. I'll have the money to pull the trigger in a few days.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:27:39 AM

I'm actually seriously considering just buying hashpower via Piggyback mining. I bought a small amount already, and the cost is about the same as an antminer when you add in a power supply for a five year contract. I've been using them for two weeks as a "test" and they have paid out on time every sunday. Not a bad deal, actually. I'd prefer to have the miner physically in my possession, but this ain't a bad alternative. And the ability to buy 1 GH/s at a time is kind of cool as well.

It does, however lack the flexibility. I can't mine anything but bitcoin with it. That's not all bad, but as the diff rises, I can play arbitrage games if I have a miner in hand. So, Ant or not ant, that is the question...

Maybe I'll split the difference and try to get a cube or something. I'll have the money to pull the trigger in a few days.

Have you considered day trading? Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:32:18 AM

So I guess a skype group call is out of the question?

Only 1 person got back to me with their SKYPE name lol.

I can't tonight. Maybe tomorrow night, depending on how things go. I still have to install skype on the 'puter, but that only takes a couple minutes. tonight I got things going on w/family.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:34:26 AM

Have you considered day trading? Smiley
Of course. It's one strategy of many. Trouble is I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'll learn, but I ain't ready. Mining I largely understand.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:06:03 AM

Where did everybody go? It's pretty amazing that most of all the other posters here logged out within 30 minutes of one another about an hour ago. Powerlines down due to Titan?

Watching "Walking dead"... Shhhh...

Also, buying a lot of crap on ebay at the moment... Fueling the economy...
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:00:52 AM

Just reading your posts and trying to figure out how it's related directly to AMT not just a town or building.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:06:45 AM

we're going to round up because you can't buy a fraction of a machine. This means that you need 7 Machines to get a little more hashing power than AMT. So while (BTC1.37 * 7 units * $560) = 5370.4 and that is a cheaper initial buy-in

So the Ant is cheaper. Thanks for confirming my facts.

, you and other champions neglect a key factor. (7 units * 360 watts) = 2520, more than twice the projected AMT power consumption (1200 watts).

And you forget the most important factor. Delivery date. Order the Ants and they'll be delivered in a few days. Order AMT, and they may deliver it someday. That delivery date more than makes up for the minor electricity draw difference.

some form of case......  LOL!!  labor?  all of 30 minutes?  maybe an hour or 2 if you're clueless.  not sure how long it takes you to hook up a PSU and turn it on....

i just picked up a corsair 750W power supply for $85.  I'm sure you can get a quality 500W PSU for cheap.  Or get an 850 and run 2 ants off of it.   Some guys even use server PSU's and run several ants from them.

here's my "farm".  as you can see, i don't do cases.  Yes, that's an AMT miner.  the only thing AMT original on it is the AMT tag and the metal rack the boards screw into.

captin crunch

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:10:32 AM

Hi all,
done working for the day and now it's time to relax and enjoy my weekend before it all starts over tomorrow. Unfortunately that is the life of most who choose to live the American dream. anyway I see nobody has gone over our friend RWmax's post from last night so here goes.

Before I begin I feel like some credit should be given where credit is due. I am sure there will be a few of you that might call me a shill for this and maybe I deserve it but I whined in a couple of past posts about the lack of updates and questioned whether they would honer their miner protection program.
Well since then they have updated us twice in as many weeks with a delivery schedule (which unfortunately was missed and a new schedule was not given) I do believe they are trying to improve things. (call me naive) I would also like to hand it to them for stepping up and honoring their commitment for the extra hash power which renews my hope af a return of investment providing the shipments aren't delayed to much longer and I can get these machines up and running within the next couple of weeks.

now that that is out of the way let me move on to something that really pisses me off. this post of RWmax's is wrong on so many levals and frankly just insults my intelligence as it should all the other paid customers of AMT.

I will try to be as brief as possible but there is a lot of information to go over here and I hope you will all bear with me. I apologize in advance for some raw language so anyone with sensitive eyeballs may want to just skip to the next post.

As AMT has said more than one person uses there handle on this forum so I'm not even going to venture a guess at who penned this post but I think the sentence structure and phrasing matches braggard, grandiose attitude of several previous posts from AMT.

(I couldn't get the quotes to work right so my responses are i red)

I'm pretty discouraged after checking AMT's website and it shows 2.4TH and 3.2TH models available April 1st through April 15th.

2.4TH - $9,999
3.2TH - $14,999

http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/

Is it just me, or is it far fetched to believe they will have these newer models ready that quickly?

I've ordered and paid for 2 x AMT  2.4 - Order number# 1503  (please add it to the orders list)

Here's my theory:

AMT is not one man, it's impossible for man (with or without his dad) to do everything AMT has accomplished thus far. We've already pointed out several staff members of AMT but it seems that this thread's paid leeches - is focussing on Josh because thats the only intel these bright soles can dig up. The majority of you trolls are fucking asian idiots btw.

First of all they flat out say who is writing this in the first line.

[/quote]
Furthermore, they are established, shipping and have the chips they needs to make a miner run. If i had to take a guess, they have been shipping since last week, but they'll "first ship to a more enlightened crowd" and then get to the line-up. Wink
[/quote]

So what exactly are you trying to say here. You/they are going to ship the first batch of miners over to the mason hall and fuck over the people who financed your operation.
personally I try not to be a conspiracy nut and have nothing against masons but enlightened is a term used frequently in Freemasonry. Don't believe me? do a google search for something like "mason enlightened"

Let me tell you why you/they won't be doing this. If one word or picture slipped out onto the internet or any delay beyond that which is reasonable, you would see a massive group of people jumping on Mr. Lennel's class action suit faster than you can say square deal. I don't think this new company has enough old money to weather that storm.

[/quote]

They've posted pics of their hardware, no video - but they didn't post a video the last time and their miners did exactly what they said it would do. They probably shot the video and just haven't had to produced it, or they just dont care because orders keep coming in anyway.

[/quote]

It is actually beginning to look more and more that they just don't care.

[/quote]

Also, the "promised delivery date for the 2.4's is April 1st." That's 29 days away. I'm sure they can fulfill and ship all their orders until that point, at which point they'll liquidate stock just like they did with their previous miners. The only thing i didn't like is that they didn't drop the prices with more than -5%.

Its obvious they don't want PR or the press. Thats why they build and ship without all the hoopla. They probably built this company with "old money", and with all the activity in this forum i'd say they sold at least 2.5 to 3.5 million in hardware. They are selling and building on two different continents, don't forget it.

[/quote]
Your damm right it was with old money, some of it up to 5 months old they/you posted near the begining of this thread that they were using some of the prepay money to move into your expanded digg's and invited us all to visit. Remember?

[/quote]

They also stated they have enough chips to fulfill orders through march, and another chip batch is on the way (stated a few weeks ago).

And my last guess is they stopped caring about this forum, because the bad PR and the bad press keeps them at the very top of the custom hardware section! I also noticed they stopped advertising on google. They've also previously stated that the negative posts on this forum leads them to more sales...  SO .. really.. I think you assholes are actually helping them sell. LOL!

[/quote]

Personally I could care less at this point whether they/you sell more miners. I kind of hope you do as it will help insure you don't go under before their/your backlog gets cleaned up as I am mostly concerned with the people who bought before they had enough information on what kind of business practices AMT appear to be using. So lol back at ya.

[/quote]

Your proving they are legit company in the US - that the owners are american - that they are really in philadelphia, that they have cell phones you can reach them at! I mean come - as customer my biggest fear is buying from some international Joe shmoe in god knows where.. are you kidding. Your validating everything good about their company and trying to spin it in a negative way.  YOUR HELPING THEM SELL! ITS HILARIOUS

[/quote]

This again. I believe most on here accept they/you are a legit business operating somewhere in Philli. sure some don't but in my opinion AMT has given plenty of reason for doubt.
Ignoring Mr Merrey's visit didn't help.

[/quote]

Also, i'm sure they'll let this for a few more days - they are letting all the trolls get everything out of their system, use all they can dig up and then they'll post their video and be like - we'll your credibility is shot on this forum - make another username asshole. Especially the hero members.

[/quote]

Some on here may disagree but personally I could give a fuck about a video at this point. It isn't going to get anyone's miner out the door any faster. all I would like is an honest ship date and if for some reason an explanation of what the problem is, how you/they plan to rectify the problem , and what the knew honest ship date will be.

[/quote]

So to sum it up:  I ordered 2 more miners from AMT because of the following reasons:

1. I believe they are pulling it off.

2. I think they'll ship everyone's miner and they have "chip stock" to build my miners for April 1st.

3. If they don't get their "internal board is working", worst case is they'll keep the AMT-bitmine design and add another 5-6 boards extra in a larger box with an extra power supply, its not rocket science, any asshole can do it. Otherwise how much could that little board actually yield? It's not like it hashes at "160ghs because using a micro controller approach" allows for individual power customization/communication with each chip.

[/quote]

Here is another scenario. AMT could take those fancy new daisy chain boards they/you were showing off for their 2.4's and 3.2's, wire them up glue them in a case and take care of there backlogged orders and then worry about filling your orders. (if indeed you even have an order) Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

[/quote]

4. Bitmine has a working product therefor intern AMT has a working product - AMT is bitmines distributors, they're in videos together.

[/quote]

This is the part that worries me and why others on here would like to see the video.
AMT was Johny on the spot to post the link to bitmine's video of a hashing machine but have yet to show anything but the bitfury board hashing.
I would certainly think that as excited as they were to show bitmines success they would be itching to show theirs. This seems a little odd to me.

[/quote]

5. They have the best chips in the industry.

6. After doing my own research on Josh - who is one of three owners by the way.. idiots - I've realized that this guy is businessman.  He's does't seem to be a technician and he's not an engineer. And a businessman is in it for the gross margin that he'll make on the sale, not how much he can mine. So I don't think AMT will ever mine with our hardware, i think they'll "produce and ship" as fast as they can.

I think they'll take the majority of the competitors in the market down to 5% or below. Because you can't stay in business long if someone with more money and more power has the "ability to stick around longer" than you can. Because thats American business, and they've already demonstrated they are willing to be cheaper.

7. I'm sure they have money to pull this off, they are the only miner manufacturer which is being "subcontracted by a US Bank to build miners". Orders are also in the 1500's.. I think AMT has the capital to pull this off and then some. I just think they are understaffed and "need help from this community".

[/quote]
Again they damm well better have enough money to pull this off. the last estimate Yourpaltoots gave was nearly a quarter milion of other peoples money and now supposedly they have yours too.

[/quote]

8. They have already shipped, why would they stop now.

[/quote]

Yes we know they/you have already miners. we have heard from a few who have received your bitfury machines but frankly I find it deceptive to prospective customers as they/you make it sound like the A1 machines have been flying out the door and nobody on the big list has yet to receive one, let alone even recieve a tracking number based on any evidense shown here or anywhere.
AMT has been using this deceptive language from the beginning and that bothers me because people aren't able to make truly informed decisions on these large time sensitive purchases.

[/quote]

9. They are the only american miner manufacturer to not take the standard business PR/ Political approach to the market, it shows they don't care about how the world sees them. Which means they really don't need money, that they already have it, and if they already have money, they'll be able to produce my miner.

[/quote]
I think they/you have made that painfully obviose

[/quote]

10. I'm a Jew - and I'd rather work with another Jew - it just makes for better business. Trust me, they'll ship to all the Rosenbergs and Goldsteins before all the Johnsons and Peterson's. They'll never admit it, but Jews take care of each other, it's how it's always been.

[/quote]
It took a long time to get here. I hope a few are still with me because I find bullet point 10 is the most offensive.

If what you say here is true, and I truly hope that it isn't for AMT's sake, but if it is true (a) thank you for verifying that josh is circumcised as there may have been a couple of people on here that were wondering and (b) thank you for informing any prospective new customers will be handled in the order in which they purchased unless they are jewish and like to suck dick. then you might be moved to the head of the line.

honestly I am thinking about sending an e-mail to Jim to verify whether these are actually valid order numbers and let him know how appalled I am by this statement.

[/quote]

Oh - and Sirminesalot - you don't mine a lot - go fuck yourself.

[/quote]

I can honestly say the feelings on that last line are most likely mutual between you/them and sirminesalot

If anyone has anything else to add feel free.

captin crunch

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:34:35 AM

Oh yea one more thing I forgot to add

RWmax, Sir. If in fact you are not an AMT associate (which all sines point to highly unlikely)
I have a challenge for you and maybe a way to make some extra coin.

On April 1st go to AMT personally to pickup your new hardware the same as Sgt. Merrey did with camera in hand but instead of pointing the camera at the wall as you are knocking on the door point it at your face so we can all see your expression when you relize they are now ignoring you because they already have your money. that is a video I would surly donate some btc to see.

I do plan to send Sgt. merry some as well for his efforts, it is just that currently I don't have any because.... Well I guess I don't have to explain that here.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:38:55 AM

I'm not sure the break down of his post were warranted or necessary.

I'm going to laugh though if the site reads that march shipping is available come april.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: