Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:15:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 05:48:09 PM by rik_khaos

12 days later no refund check. They have just flat out lied to me again. Josh has swore up and down they mailed it. AMT is incapable of telling the truth.
I am telling this for day one. Pity it is US company after all.....
AMT
How long do you think your customers will stand your ignorance?
I am advising you to hire Bfl lawyers  immediately. You gonna need their help for sure. I pray to god this to be the most expensive service in your miserable history  Grin this wild be the bill to be paid in CASH Grin

I love when you post because I can catch just enough to get the gist of what you are saying even though it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. It's almost like a brain teaser.

Besides they'll just tell their lawyer that the check in the mail.

Also clennell, did you expect the check on a saturday? (original said sunday) if you did, you are wrong. (is possible obviously with mail deliver, my mistake)

count in business days. (still stand by this)

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:25:01 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 08:15:06 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

@AMT (long open letter here that I think reasonably sums up the overall community perspective of AMT as a company at the moment) I have posted known criticisms (sans the excessive crap) and potential solutions so hopefully the feedback is at least helpful (I have run 4 successful businesses of my own into prosperity and sold them off so I do have some qualified experience in business advice here)

-snip just to save space, use the link to get the whole thing -

+10!
You hit all the nails on the head.

Somewhat like AMT, BFL, etc. my company make bleeding-edge equipment, in our case laser micro-machining systems for the semiconductor and LED lighting sectors. Difference is, while we are constantly under pressure to push the envelope of what is technically possible and economically feasible we do NOT promise our customers anything we cannot deliver on-time or at least close to it.

Once we see the market is there and I see that the latest (laser) technology may give a possible way to address it WE are the ones who foot the bill for the R&D needed to produce viable systems. WE are the ones who get the build processes in motion so we can deliver either on-time or at worst, very very close to it.

Yes we have customers clamoring for what we can provide and yes, we'd LOVE for some of them to directly finance prototypes with pre-orders ala' the AMT, BFL, and other companies models but - even if they could be talked into it (fat chance), it is just pure wrong to work that way. This kind of thing is what either company deep-pockets or investors are for!

As for me, Order# 1565 for a single 520GHs unit, still have a couple weeks left to meet the expected ship date. Being older tech, here's to hoping they come through. EDIT: just relooked again and it has the A1 28nm chip.... Poop & Cheers!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 07:21:47 PM by sirminesalot

AMT is the furthest thing from a reputable American company. AMT is a shady Eastern European company that happens to be in the U.S.

That faggot Josh Zipkin is a BULGARIAN who is obviously using this country as a way to rouse up more business. He's using the whole "Made in America" thing to instill confidence in people.

He also wants to pay people UNDER THE TABLE, avoid taxes, and doesn't even have proper business licensing and registration.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

AMT is the furthest thing from a reputable American company. AMT is a shady Eastern European company that happens to be in the U.S.

That faggot Josh Zipkin is a BULGARIAN who is obviously using this country as a way to rouse up more business. He's using the whole "Made in America" thing to instill confidence in people.

He also wants to pay people UNDER THE TABLE, avoid taxes, and doesn't even have proper business licensing and registration.

Snore.

really? faggot? why don't you grow the fuck up. if you have a legitimate thing to say you don't have to resort to petty name calling.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

I'll state here that we've decided last week to request a refund. Our ordernumber I'll keep to myself for now but I can say we were promised our miners (yes, plural) January 29th. Until now, no answer from AMT, but I am still positive they'll answer at some point. We also added in the request some information on deadlines for payments and possible actions if nothing were to be paid. Just to be sure, as our lawyer advised.

I was wondering - after lurking here for a month or two now - what the desired effect is of the name calling and the racist remarks.
I understand that a lot of people on this forum are agitated (to understate) however I can't imagine that it would do any good or move AMT to inform us any better than now.
I can in some twisted way imagine it feeling good to rant against someone if you feel they've done you wrong, as seems to be the case with AMT sometimes, but the funny thing is, there've been all these slurs against each other. I would think that as customers we'd stand a better chance against (or with) this company when at least the customers were in some way united. AMT has the upper hand and they don;t even have to do anything (Divide et Impera) to divide us here.

I am really not interested in whether someone has paid or is just trying to figure the hell out what is going on and in doing so helps the community (for instance with some stunning detective work  Smiley . I want my money back and have requested that politely. Because, in all fairness, I will not address anyone in a derogatory fashion because I fail to see the point and it will not amount to anything anyway.

Thanks,
J.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:14:42 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 08:17:56 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

^minerpro^ +1
ditto. Just curious though, was it their older 55nm tech like the 520 or one of the THs systems?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:18:03 PM

Snore.

really? faggot? why don't you grow the fuck up. if you have a legitimate thing to say you don't have to resort to petty name calling.

AMT resorted to name calling long before I did. They are giving us the shaft and you are preaching to me about being nice?

I'm sorry, but they've lost any chance at being treated with respect at this point. If they respected their customers, then they would get it back in return. HASN'T HAPPENED.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:23:15 PM

^minerpro^ +1
ditto. Just curious though, was it their older 55nm tech like the 520 or one of the THs systems?

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the 520 gh/s is an a1 chip. to my knowledge none of those have shipped either.

Edit: Yep just looked on thier site and the 520 is a 28nm chip

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 07:50:48 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

eep! Since has been almost a month ago since ordering with of course no screen shots taken then, I foggily remember it being 55 like their even lower hashrate systems with just more blades stuffed in but could well be (and with current luck, probably am) wrong...
Glad I have two Antminer S1's coming in a couple days to ease the pain...

clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:03:35 PM

Here is the reply I got from Josh today. He really wants me to believe the check was "lost in the mail"... I showed him an email response I received from the FBI's cyber crimes and wire fraud division and now he's upset. For a college graduate Mr. Zipkin has a very loose grasp of the English language.

Craig,

All of these institutions have already heard of us and we've already spoken to them in advanced in one form or another. Different clients preferred to file in different agencies, Including the PA AG, BBB, IC3, FCC, and several others. What we're doing is not illegal because we are in fact shipping units and showing proof of shipping to these agencies, we have proof of manufacturing delays and proof of  materials received and shipped as well. If you like to continue to filing complaints, please by all means do, because they have already been informed of our company and we've have already been down that road them.

Furthermore,

We in fact did sent out your check Craig, but even so in the case that it didn't make it to you, which I asked you to let me know in the previous email on Thursday the 13th,  I gave you the option of receiving your miner or fedexing you a refund check so that at this point would could track it.

Now, because of your hostility and complaints, we'll just ship you a miner next week.

Regards,

Josh

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:14:17 PM

Seen this? Has it been posted yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-AMT-bitcoin-miner-1-2-T-in-hand-Ready-to-ship-/281276808626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d677db2

This guy says he has three in hand. Pretty pricey. Interesting.

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:41:46 PM

^bump^ already posted on the Ides of March and has more knives in it than Caesar did...

MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:48:31 PM

^minerpro^ +1

We've been waiting for some  1.2TH/s'S... So, yes the 28nm, and no, not the 55, and no, not the 14nm -which i think they're not shipping either, are they? Wink
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:30:00 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 11:37:23 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

"and no, not the 14nm -which i think they're not shipping either, are they? Wink "

ROFL... and coming from 480mm wafers they will be dirt-cheap as well... Tongue
14nm  pitch is near bleeding edge for mass production even for the likes of Intel, AMD, or TSMC. There is nowhere and never will be the kind of hashing ASIC chip production requirements needed to even rationally consider and justify the capital outlay needed. At that node masks alone easily cost over 1-million USD and any chip design uses several of them for the different layers.

I see 20nm being as far as this tech goes for a long time. Even there, at the time it was more of a leap of faith for whoever is supping chips at that node to bypass 28. It's not that much harder than 28nm and design-rules/production efforts put into 14nm by the major foundries helps a fair bit there. This thread covers the topic rather well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395875.0

5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:25:23 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-AMT-bitcoin-miner-1-2-T-in-hand-Ready-to-ship-/281276808626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d677db2

I love that picture with the note in the lower left hand corner. 
Time to Hustle!
Chips are here.
Josh
1/31/2014
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:10:57 AM

Here is the reply I got from Josh today. He really wants me to believe the check was "lost in the mail"... I showed him an email response I received from the FBI's cyber crimes and wire fraud division and now he's upset. For a college graduate Mr. Zipkin has a very loose grasp of the English language.

Craig,

All of these institutions have already heard of us and we've already spoken to them in advanced in one form or another. Different clients preferred to file in different agencies, Including the PA AG, BBB, IC3, FCC, and several others. What we're doing is not illegal because we are in fact shipping units and showing proof of shipping to these agencies, we have proof of manufacturing delays and proof of  materials received and shipped as well. If you like to continue to filing complaints, please by all means do, because they have already been informed of our company and we've have already been down that road them.

Furthermore,

We in fact did sent out your check Craig, but even so in the case that it didn't make it to you, which I asked you to let me know in the previous email on Thursday the 13th,  I gave you the option of receiving your miner or fedexing you a refund check so that at this point would could track it.

Now, because of your hostility and complaints, we'll just ship you a miner next week.

Regards,

Josh

Hmmm?

PA AG  - What's this? 

BBB - Better Business Bureau

IC3 - Internet Crime

FCC - Federal Communications

What about the FTC?

I'm still waiting for a refund from my refund request.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:12:29 AM

I call B.S.   The guy send he would add new photos.... however all he can show is something that was photoshoped.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:21:51 AM

Looks like Bitmine will stop shipping its Rev.2 systems.

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5402

Same kind of system that AMT has yet to ship a single unit of.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

although their post also states at the end of it, "The sale of CoinCraft A1 ASICs is not affected by this measure."

Anyone know just how this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235.460 affects us here? I deals with development of the A1 chip itself....

5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Craig,

Furthermore,

Regards,

Josh

Hmmm?

PA AG  - What's this? 

BBB - Better Business Bureau

IC3 - Internet Crime

FCC - Federal Communications

What about the FTC?

I'm still waiting for a refund from my refund request.

PA AG  - What's this? 
Pennsylvania Attorney General's office
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: