Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761531 times)
bidji29

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:14:27 PM

A bit of positivity !

Here some donation I did

I usually don't say it, you know... because I want to stay anonymous

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:17:28 PM

I don't really understand your issue.

Do you just want another clone coin? Then look elsewhere. If you think having an AE is _bad_ for Nxt, then I don't know why you invested in the first place..

I don't even think it was supposed to be this big, for all we know this actually might have started as a get rich quick scam by BCNext.

R u sure that u r not Emule?

This is just to clarify, I AM NOT EMULE.

I am someone who had hopes for NXT as the crypto 2.0, but not anymore.

I invested a large amount of fiat into it, I want NXT to be succesful but seeing how this community actually works has turned me off.

What about you? Are you sure you're not BCNext posing under a different surname?

If you'd like heres a little about me:

At 15 I taught myself HTML (yes I can code whole website systems just with notepad), Flash 5 (I'm old), some Python, Java, and even a bit of C++.
I taught myself fine arts and have become a master artist since then.
I have also been an electrician, electronics engineer (not quite good), was majoring in electrical engineering but recently my studies have refocused to Biology, Biotechnology, and Physics.

So no, I am not emule. I am just a well rounded human being that wants the current economic structure to be reset to something that will help all of humanity and not just the chosen few.
NXT seemed like a good idea up until now that the community can't even get together to decide on something as simple as "Is it a coin or an exchange or a potato or a banana?"

Good day

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:18:10 PM

Will it be Unit Tested?

It's a new feature. Unit tests r not so good at testing of new features. So, I think not.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

Copy your account ID, or a link to direct the user to send you a message, or nxt

Like so http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/#send:wesleynxt
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:20:52 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 04:35:50 PM by bitcoinpaul

I like to:

- pay with NXT (coins) in real world
- buy shares of companies and kickstarter projects(AE)
- trade assets and other crypto coins with gateway providers (AE)
- buying other stuff (digital store), anonymous if I want (NXTcash)
- don't rely on dicks like mark karpeles

All this is possible on our beloved decentralized network, Nxt. Or on the parallel chains, what ever. I like the technical things behind Nxt, but the world doesn't really care. Even the crypto world seems to be not ultra interested in tech behind cryptocoins. It just needs to look fucking interesting and work without any flaws.

I say split between:
1. heavy technical developing and programming behind the curtains to make sure Nxt is THE crypto protocol and platform with endless possibilities
and
2. nice marketing to people and companies

And don't fight each other, please. Both must be super strong.

Who's with me.

-

Don't know why I've written that. You can ignore me.

Discuss.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

Will it be Unit Tested?

It's a new feature. Unit tests r not so good at testing of new features. So, I think not.

I would like to raise an objection.
antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:22:15 PM

Will it be Unit Tested?

Come on, unit tests are useful precisely when testing new features. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

Touque

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

But then you're basically inflating the currency and usurping value from Nxt as it should be the unit used for these purposes, no? These are roles that Nxt would take; doing so with nodecoin reduces Nxt's functions and in turn it's demand/value as opposed to nodecoin adding value on top of the system.

+1. Totally agree and I can tell why it is true.

The value of nodecoins solely come from the running the Nxt nodes (protecting the network) which actually has been run with Nxtcoins, for instance, running nodes have a change to win Nxtcoins as the rewards. Now on top of that the Nxtcoin rewards, nodecoins become the second rewards for that. It is a pure redundant thing to do so. If you want reward more for running Nxt nodes you can simple reward them more Nxtcoins as the transaction fees (in the future, with more business built on Nxt and more transactions running on the Nxt, the nodes/forgings will get much more reward fees event with the reduction of the transaction fee). Nxtcoins' value is from their protecting the Nxt network. The nodecoins' value is also from their protecting the Nxt network. To let nodecoins do so, you actually put nodecoins and Nxtcoins in the same position. The owners of the nodecoins will demand the same treatment/status which the Nxtcoins owners have.  Nodecoins will easily dilute Nxtcoins. We already have Nxtcoins to be used to protect the network and transactions and they are scarce. we don't need another coin to do the same work. We can create some other coins for creative business built on top of Nxt.

"The owners of the nodecoins will demand the same treatment/status which the Nxtcoins owners have" . However, it is the Nxtcoins owners that set the price of nodecoin, not the inverse (because of NXT fee only). So I don't understand how nodecoin can dilute the value of NXT. Precise your thought please.

EDIT: IF the nodecoins' value is also ONLY come from their protecting the Nxt network. My believe is that eventually, nodecoin value will simply go to zero when a lot of Nxt node will be in place.

If your prediction becomes true then Nxtcoins value will "simply go to zero" as well.

I don't think so, protecting nxt feature is valuable for the people running software on top of nxt.

I don't think so either. that is why nodecoins will be competing with Nxtcoins and dilute Nxcoins. This is like you hire A to do a job with a pay. Later you hire B to do the same job together with A but you don't pay B. In the beginning it may be cool with B because he needs some experience. But after a while he demands a pay for his work. You only have a certain amount of money. If you pay B, you have to pay A less.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:27:47 PM

But then you're basically inflating the currency and usurping value from Nxt as it should be the unit used for these purposes, no? These are roles that Nxt would take; doing so with nodecoin reduces Nxt's functions and in turn it's demand/value as opposed to nodecoin adding value on top of the system.

The value of nodecoins solely come from the running the Nxt nodes (protecting the network) which actually has been run with Nxtcoins, for instance, running nodes have a change to win Nxtcoins as the rewards. Now on top of that the Nxtcoin rewards, nodecoins become the second rewards for that. It is a pure redundant thing to do so. If you want reward more for running Nxt nodes you can simple reward them more Nxtcoins as the transaction fees (in the future, with more business built on Nxt and more transactions running on the Nxt, the nodes/forgings will get much more reward fees event with the reduction of the transaction fee). Nxtcoins' value is from their protecting the Nxt network. The nodecoins' value is also from their protecting the Nxt network. To let nodecoins do so, you actually put nodecoins and Nxtcoins in the same position. The owners of the nodecoins will demand the same treatment/status which the Nxtcoins owners have.  Nodecoins will easily dilute Nxtcoins. We already have Nxtcoins to be used to protect the network and transactions and they are scarce. we don't need another coin to do the same work. We can create some other coins for creative business built on top of Nxt.

"The owners of the nodecoins will demand the same treatment/status which the Nxtcoins owners have" . However, it is the Nxtcoins owners that set the price of nodecoin, not the inverse (because of NXT fee only). So I don't understand how nodecoin can dilute the value of NXT. Precise your thought please.

EDIT: IF the nodecoins' value is also ONLY come from their protecting the Nxt network. My believe is that eventually, nodecoin value will simply go to zero when a lot of Nxt node will be in place.

If your prediction becomes true then Nxtcoins value will "simply go to zero" as well.

I don't think so, protecting nxt feature is valuable for the people running software on top of nxt.

I don't think so either. that is why nodecoins will be competing with Nxtcoins and dilute Nxcoins. This is like you hire A to do a job with a pay. Later you hire B to do the same job together with A but you don't pay B. In the beginning it may be cool with B because he needs some experience. But after a while he demands a pay for his work. You only have a certain amount of money. If you pay B, you have to pay A less.

the thing in red bold: i think it is a false hypothesis. nodecoin and NXT have different purpose, but they have in common to protect the network.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

Come on, unit tests are useful precisely when testing new features. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

One does not simply unit test a system with eventual consistency.

The same test ran 2 times will return different results if tested in real conditions. Testing in artificial conditions is quite useless coz require to conduct other types of tests.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:32:00 PM

Will it be Unit Tested?

Is anything on NXT unit tested? EVER?
Touque

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:32:09 PM

the thing in red bold: i think it is a false hypothesis. nodecoin and NXT have different purpose, but they have in common to protect the network.

Unfortunately they are. You just said so.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

EDIT: IF the nodecoins' value is also ONLYcome from their protecting the Nxt network. My believe is that eventually, nodecoin value will simply go to zero when a lot of Nxt node will be in place.

Unfortunately they are. You just said so.

I have edit the initial message with: If I remember well, I think James make nodecoin to make peer validation of the multigateway transaction. So nodecoin will have more value than just protecting Nxt network.  Nodecoin protecting nxt network is just a plus I think.  

And "Unfortunately they are" is not the case with NXT and nodecoin. Please make yourself an opnion by reading damelon blog from the beginning : http://www.nxtcoins.nl/50-2/
It is clear you are new here.

Note the blue text in my comment also.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:36:06 PM

CfB, what's up with Lakshmi? It's still happening?
levinhostar

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

Guys, NXT is falling and you just talk about technical stuff, sure this is the basis but it's not all. I hope that the price won't be 0 when I return in April..

- Where is the SMF forum?
- Where is a good and professional homepage?
- Define an AE launch date, Mario will edit the date counter and make this public.
- Start a Reddit Marketing Campaign. The funds weren't allocate to someone of us. What is SalsaCZ doing? (I'm pretty sure MUCH in the background, but we need front actions)
- What are the plans of the 3 committees?
- What is about NXT.org?

You should do the following:

1.) Get NXT.org in your hands!
2.) Create a professional homepage there! (With: Get Started, Client Overview, Graphs from BTER/Cryptsy/Vircurex, the wiki, information about NXT (2 versions for normal guys, and for technical guys)..)
3.) Launch a SMF forum there with a few sections (General, Projects in development, Finished projects, Technical Discussion (Sub: Brainstorming), Promotion, META and 1 forum for each different languages)
4.) Integrate Wesleys Client (and the following program) into Jean-Luc's new NXT versions.
5.) Someone should code a program (for WIN, Mac OS, Linux) with the following functionality:
- Start it
- A small window appear and the NRS is starting in the background (the user can't see the terminal!)
-- You can see these things in the small window:
--- Overview of the blockchain (in percent, how far is it updated to the newest state. Nothing more! Just a number.)
--- Terminal log
--- A button to restart NRS
--- A button "Open Wallet" to open NRS (opens the browser and goes to localhost:7875)
--- A button "Open Tools" to open the admin tools
( Later you should add a save/open button to create/open a wallet.dat, in which is the password (encrypted) )

If you have this, even beginner can start NRS and handle it! They just have to start the program, click on the button and they are in the wallet. Nothing more.. (They even don't need to know that this is not a "wallet")

A few weeks/months ago I was planning to do all this against a payment. Nobody of the major stakeholders wanted to pay me. It's not a problem, but we need this ASAP!

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:37:37 PM

Is anything on NXT unit tested? EVER?

Dunno. Unit tests r not a panacea, more likely a modern trend between people who used to code for outsourcing. Good thing for u is that Jean-Luc decides how to test, not me.
GCInc.

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:37:48 PM

For public release on March 13th 2014

DGEX raises $470 000 USD in NXT crypto, pledges 500 000 NXT to developments

DGEX.com, the first and the only cryptocurrency exchange currently dedicated to the trade of the NXT crypto with Bitcoins, has raised 11 250 000 NXT of private investments in its recently closed Initial Virtual Offering.

During a 19-day period closing on March 10th, DGEX sold all of its allocated 108 900 virtual shares, accounting for 33% of its Virtual Share Capital and a corresponding share of future profits. Weekly dividend payments for shareholders commence on March 17th and The DGEX Private Virtual Shares begin trading publicly as one of the first peer-2-peer shares ever in the NXT Decentralized Asset Exchange when it becomes available in the NXT public cryptoledger during Spring 2014.

From the share proceeds DGEX is now pledging a total of 500 000 NXT (approx. $21 000 USD) to fund public and private developments related to the NXT network infrastructure and services. Projects can be viewed and entry applied at https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4385.0.html

Since its launch for the NXT cryptocurrency in November 2013, DGEX.com, operated by Graviton Capital, has processed trades for approximately 513 Million NXT (approx. 33000 BTC, $21M USD at the current rate of 0.000065 BTC / NXT) and serves 11.700 customer accounts worldwide.

L5Society

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:39:03 PM

If you raise the bid on nodecoins during a time of need, won't the hoarders just dump coins instead of new nodes being setting up? Should nodecoins expire after a certain amount of time, forcing holders to convert to nxt based on the relatively current need for nodecoins? Could this "expiration" be implemented as variable inflation, which spikes during times of need, diluting old coins which were mined during times when we didn't need them?

Letting miners mine during times that we don't really need them, and then letting them cashout during times of need is a bad idea.

If nodecoin offers the network value, we should support it, but make sure that the value of nodecoins is always aligned with what we receive from the miners. If the network grows naturally, and people run nodes to protect their nxt investments, then we won't need nodecoins anymore, and the value should go to zero, right?

People are way too heated in here, by the way. I don't know if its trolls or what. Makes me wish we had a forum built on nxt messaging with verified identities tied to nxt accounts. Yea, it would go against the values of a decentralized and anonymous currency, but I don't think we should let just anyone create a bitcointalk account and derail the valuable conversation with FUD.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:39:28 PM

CfB, what's up with Lakshmi? It's still happening?

No. But James offered a better way.
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:40:30 PM

nxt in max kaiser!!  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: