Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291874 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:58:06 AM

Think it's pretty obvious what's happening here. Neo&Bee was looking to setup their own security exchange. They've said so a number of times, that it was part of their future plans.

They now found a way to secure that exchange and infrastructure for a bargain price most likely.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:00:07 AM

Okey ThickAsTHIEVES.....a name you can trust. Thanks for that asicminer scam btw you piece of shit.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:03:38 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 02:06:01 PM by ffssixtynine

I can also verify the beta site's existence.

No one has to use anything, we just have to see what happens.
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:05:36 AM

Keep in mind THIEVES has a huge controlling interest in NEOBEE (which is pretty scammy in itself) i would not be surprised in his involvement in this whole bitfunder scam and trying to buy more time. Don't trust a guy with the word THIEVES in its name.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

Okey ThickAsTHIEVES.....a name you can trust. Thanks for that asicminer scam btw you piece of shit.

Not most fortunate choice of name for someone providing financial services indeed.   Cheesy

Comes from this movie though http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1112782/ Easy find it you do a quick google search.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:23:33 AM

I can also verify the beta site's existence.

No one has to use anything, but if neo are part of it then it has full oversight and support rather than being a one man band. We can all see how that turns out these days, not just with WeEx.

Characteristically, you have this exactly backwards. The merger of desperation, even should it be successful, is still capped at much less than the pretense was back when bitfunder was still pretending to be an exchange.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:32:08 AM

Re: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process

Some one please explain to these geniuses the concept of relativity and how these words are totally without meaning here.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:37:08 AM

Not most fortunate choice of name for someone providing financial services indeed.   Cheesy

Comes from this movie though http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1112782/ Easy find it you do a quick google search.

That is quite an old movie

http://www.answers.com/topic/thick-as-thieves

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Spekko

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:42:25 AM

[11:18] <VinceSamios> Ukyo is this big announcement the one by cyptocyprus?
[11:18] <VinceSamios> Because it doesn't actually say anything...
[11:21] <Spekko> that was such a joke of a post i couldnt believe it was posted -.-
[11:23] <nsa_> It is not the big annoucement, just AN announcement
[11:24] <Spekko> ukyo stole. period. if not weex deposits would have been stopped once he knew there was a problem, but it wasnt
[11:24] <Spekko> thats all the information needed basically
[11:27] <nsa_> pretty sure its a legal issue

[11:59] <krone> weex transactions still won't make it to the block chain
[11:59] <krone> coins are still vanishing last time i checked

[12:45] <VinceSamios> }bc,stats
[12:45] <VinceSamios> woops, wrong one

[13:09] <@Ukyo> Spekko: I did not touch users funds.
[13:10] <jeffz> are aud withdrawls being processed?
[13:11] <Spekko> i certainly hope not, but could you give a valid reason why you still allow btc deposits to weex? I deposited 0.06BTC just so I could withdraw the little i had in there and lost that aswell
[13:11] <blastbob> Ukyo: But did someone else?
[13:11] <@Ukyo> Spekko: it was disabled
[13:11] <@Ukyo> goto deposit page
[13:11] <@Ukyo> and hit ctrl-f5
[13:12] <@Ukyo> I cant stop the blockchain
[13:12] <@Ukyo> anything someone sends will have to be credited to users.
[13:12] <Spekko> cant access the site from work network, but when I needed to withdraw I deposited a small amount knowing nothing about the issues
[13:15] <blastbob> Ukyo: Can you confirm that all the users funds are available, but you are not allowed to touch it due "legal" reasons? simple yes/no
[13:16] <Spekko> it makes sense that anything someone sends must be credited. But knowing that the system is in a flawed state why keep the deposit option open for such a long period of time
[13:18] <Spekko> issues like this along with the fact that you "cannot" release information regarding the problems is causing more and more speculation in the community.

[13:22] <@Ukyo> Spekko: there are multiple issues involved here and as to timing is another issue altogether
[13:22] <@Ukyo> that is that.

[13:24] <Spekko> unfortunately, no matter the situation, when a group of people is owed over 1million USD, that is not enough. people need some valid reason for this no matter how small a shed of light is needed. all we getting is promises of updates happening at unknown times. a small shed of info can do a great deal of good at this time
[13:24] <@Ukyo> I wish I could tell you everything.
[13:24] <@Ukyo> unfortunately is some situations, you simlpy cannoy.
[13:24] <@Ukyo> simply*
[13:25] <@Ukyo> And with that, I am going back to bed. Just woke to fix a problem.
[13:25] <Spekko> well is there atleast an answer to why you did not immediately stop deposits when you found out about the issues?
[13:26] <@Ukyo> Please understand that this has been a very difficult situation to work through.
[13:26] <@Ukyo> As Danny wrote, if the intent was to "scam" people, I would have just said "sorry" and left.
[13:26] <@Ukyo> That was never the point.
[13:27] <Spekko> my question is so simple :/
[13:27] <blastbob> If money is gone, the result is the same
[13:27] <@Ukyo> I am here because I do not want people "scammed" and trying to get things corrected.
[13:27] <@Ukyo> blastbob: if the funds are unavailable, the result is the same except that I am here and putting a plan in place to correct for it.
[13:27] <Spekko> you allowed for more deposits to go through to weex knowing it had problems
[13:28] <jeffz> I appreciate your hard work Ukyo and I'm sure the other silent ones do too.
[13:28] <@Ukyo> blastbob: unless you prefer I not.
[13:28] <Spekko> weeks after the issues deposits to weex was still possible
[13:28] <@Ukyo> Spekko: different issues make for different responses.
[13:29] <@Ukyo> jeffz: Thanks. I have pretty much been working around the clock to get things ready so that things will be corrected asap.
[13:29] <Spekko> but I am speaking about one specific issue, why not stop the deposits as soon as you knew to prevent even more hurt
[13:29] <blastbob> Ukyo: if i have to wait 3 years through "feeshares" on some neobee project, i am not sure what i want. I had some crappy nights already
[13:29] <blastbob> Like you have i guess Smiley
[13:30] <@Ukyo> Spekko: you can ask as many times as you want, however it will not change the current answer that can be provided.
[13:31] <@Ukyo> I would like to tell you.
[13:32] <@Ukyo> blastbob: and speaking of that, I managed a full 2 hours of sleep before having to help a user so I am going to try to get some actual sleep again.
[13:32] <@Ukyo> night, afk.
[13:33] <Spekko> eish

[13:33] <@Ukyo> Spekko: sorry, i really want to say more.
[13:33] <@Ukyo> If I could, I would.
[13:34] <@Ukyo> All I can ask is that you please try to be patient. I know it is asking a lot given the circumstances
[13:34] <@Ukyo> but we are trying our best to make sure this has a positive outcome and not leaving everyone completely ot of pocket.
[13:34] <@Ukyo> The situation is what it is and we are trying to make the best of it moving forward.
[13:35] <Spekko> I have no worries as I have not lost much. But some people got hit hard, and the lack of info is making it worse on them
[13:35] <@Ukyo> I agree 100%
[13:35] <nsa_> 100+ here.. being patient Smiley
[13:36] <Spekko> and my question doesnt deal with the current state of the problem. Its that you as another human, noticed the problems, and continued to allow the depositing of external btc for quite a period to weex
[13:36] <@Ukyo> The fact of the matter is what can be done and said, is being done and said. This is far better than nothing at all and just saying "Sorry guys, there is nothing more. Get out the pitch forks." Certinly people are still free to get out the pitchforks, but it wont do anything but hinder the ability to correct the issue.
[13:37] <@Ukyo> Spekko: I have been doing everything I can to put a stop to additional btc going into the system as soon as I can.
[13:38] <@Ukyo> I even have an email to FriedCat telling him not to send AM PT divs, and he did it anyways.
[13:38] <blastbob> Should we except 100% return, or prepare for less?
[13:38] <nsa_> You are still waiting for "something", right? Go get some sleep
[13:38] <@Ukyo> blastbob: I won't settle for anything less than 100%
[13:38] <blastbob> see..
[13:38] <blastbob> now i can sleep for a few more hours
[13:39] <@Ukyo> in fact, if I have a say in it, I think more is deserved.
[13:39] <@Ukyo> but thats another point for another discussion when more information is known.

ALL i wanted to know is why he didnt stop users from depositing extra BTC for several weeks after he learnt about the problems
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:45:14 AM

That is quite an old movie

http://www.answers.com/topic/thick-as-thieves

Haha, it is not a reference to that movie, but from a line in this "older" movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/?ref_=nv_sr_1\

The phrase generally means "loyal"
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:00:56 PM

[11:18] <VinceSamios> Because it doesn't actually say anything...
[11:21] <Spekko> that was such a joke of a post i couldnt believe it was posted -.-
[11:23] <nsa_> It is not the big annoucement, just AN announcement
[11:24] <Spekko> ukyo stole. period. if not weex deposits would have been stopped once he knew there was a problem, but it wasnt
[11:24] <Spekko> thats all the information needed basically
[11:27] <nsa_> pretty sure its a legal issue

[11:59] <krone> weex transactions still won't make it to the block chain
[11:59] <krone> coins are still vanishing last time i checked

[12:45] <VinceSamios> }bc,stats
[12:45] <VinceSamios> woops, wrong one

[13:09] <@Ukyo> Spekko: I did not touch users funds.
[13:10] <jeffz> are aud withdrawls being processed?
[13:11] <Spekko> i certainly hope not, but could you give a valid reason why you still allow btc deposits to weex? I deposited 0.06BTC just so I could withdraw the little i had in there and lost that aswell
[13:11] <blastbob> Ukyo: But did someone else?

[13:12] <Spekko> cant access the site from work network, but when I needed to withdraw I deposited a small amount knowing nothing about the issues
[13:15] <blastbob> Ukyo: Can you confirm that all the users funds are available, but you are not allowed to touch it due "legal" reasons? simple yes/no
[13:16] <Spekko> it makes sense that anything someone sends must be credited. But knowing that the system is in a flawed state why keep the deposit option open for such a long period of time
[13:18] <Spekko> issues like this along with the fact that you "cannot" release information regarding the problems is causing more and more speculation in the community.

[13:22] <@Ukyo> Spekko: there are multiple issues involved here and as to timing is another issue altogether
[13:22] <@Ukyo> that is that.

[13:24] <Spekko> unfortunately, no matter the situation, when a group of people is owed over 1million USD, that is not enough. people need some valid reason for this no matter how small a shed of light is needed. all we getting is promises of updates happening at unknown times. a small shed of info can do a great deal of good at this time
[13:24] <@Ukyo> I wish I could tell you everything.
[13:24] <@Ukyo> unfortunately is some situations, you simlpy cannoy.
[13:24] <@Ukyo> simply*
[13:25] <@Ukyo> And with that, I am going back to bed. Just woke to fix a problem.
[13:25] <Spekko> well is there atleast an answer to why you did not immediately stop deposits when you found out about the issues?
[13:26] <@Ukyo> Please understand that this has been a very difficult situation to work through.
[13:26] <@Ukyo> As Danny wrote, if the intent was to "scam" people, I would have just said "sorry" and left.
[13:26] <@Ukyo> That was never the point.
[13:27] <Spekko> my question is so simple :/
[13:27] <blastbob> If money is gone, the result is the same
[13:27] <@Ukyo> I am here because I do not want people "scammed" and trying to get things corrected.
[13:27] <@Ukyo> blastbob: if the funds are unavailable, the result is the same except that I am here and putting a plan in place to correct for it.
[13:27] <Spekko> you allowed for more deposits to go through to weex knowing it had problems
[13:28] <jeffz> I appreciate your hard work Ukyo and I'm sure the other silent ones do too.
[13:28] <@Ukyo> blastbob: unless you prefer I not.
[13:28] <Spekko> weeks after the issues deposits to weex was still possible
[13:28] <@Ukyo> Spekko: different issues make for different responses.
[13:29] <@Ukyo> jeffz: Thanks. I have pretty much been working around the clock to get things ready so that things will be corrected asap.
[13:29] <Spekko> but I am speaking about one specific issue, why not stop the deposits as soon as you knew to prevent even more hurt
[13:29] <blastbob> Ukyo: if i have to wait 3 years through "feeshares" on some neobee project, i am not sure what i want. I had some crappy nights already
[13:29] <blastbob> Like you have i guess Smiley
[13:30] <@Ukyo> Spekko: you can ask as many times as you want, however it will not change the current answer that can be provided.
[13:31] <@Ukyo> I would like to tell you.
[13:32] <@Ukyo> blastbob: and speaking of that, I managed a full 2 hours of sleep before having to help a user so I am going to try to get some actual sleep again.
[13:32] <@Ukyo> night, afk.
[13:33] <Spekko> eish

[13:33] <@Ukyo> Spekko: sorry, i really want to say more.
[13:33] <@Ukyo> If I could, I would.
[13:34] <@Ukyo> All I can ask is that you please try to be patient. I know it is asking a lot given the circumstances
[13:34] <@Ukyo> but we are trying our best to make sure this has a positive outcome and not leaving everyone completely ot of pocket.
[13:34] <@Ukyo> The situation is what it is and we are trying to make the best of it moving forward.
[13:35] <Spekko> I have no worries as I have not lost much. But some people got hit hard, and the lack of info is making it worse on them
[13:35] <@Ukyo> I agree 100%
[13:35] <nsa_> 100+ here.. being patient Smiley
[13:36] <Spekko> and my question doesnt deal with the current state of the problem. Its that you as another human, noticed the problems, and continued to allow the depositing of external btc for quite a period to weex
[13:36] <@Ukyo> The fact of the matter is what can be done and said, is being done and said. This is far better than nothing at all and just saying "Sorry guys, there is nothing more. Get out the pitch forks." Certinly people are still free to get out the pitchforks, but it wont do anything but hinder the ability to correct the issue.
[13:37] <@Ukyo> Spekko: I have been doing everything I can to put a stop to additional btc going into the system as soon as I can.
[13:38] <@Ukyo> I even have an email to FriedCat telling him not to send AM PT divs, and he did it anyways.
[13:38] <blastbob> Should we except 100% return, or prepare for less?
[13:38] <nsa_> You are still waiting for "something", right? Go get some sleep
[13:38] <@Ukyo> blastbob: I won't settle for anything less than 100%
[13:38] <blastbob> see..
[13:38] <blastbob> now i can sleep for a few more hours
[13:39] <@Ukyo> in fact, if I have a say in it, I think more is deserved.
[13:39] <@Ukyo> but thats another point for another discussion when more information is known.

ALL i wanted to know is why he didnt stop users from depositing extra BTC for several weeks after he learnt about the problems
Im pretty sure that he did answer the question. A better question would have been "Why didnt you remove the deposit page from weexchange once you knew about the problem?"
Its essentially the same question, but at times like this wording is very important.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:23:43 PM

He's said already, as did the OP, but there are reasons not all questions can be answered. Unfortunately this means people will make all kinds of assumptions. That's the last thing anyone wants but it's inevitable. It also means there must be a good reason for the full story not being in the open. It certainly isn't to protect Ukyo at this point - his name has been trashed by this already.

I'm going to keep saying it but all that matters is everyone having their funds. We're all angry and want to thrash out but results are all that matter in the long run.
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:27:57 PM

I'm going to keep saying it but all that matters is everyone having their funds.

Agreed. And the amount of people working to resolve the situation has just dramatically increased. It's hard to argue this isn't a substantial improvement.
moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

Im pretty sure that he did answer the question. A better question would have been "Why didnt you remove the deposit page from weexchange once you knew about the problem?"
Its essentially the same question, but at times like this wording is very important.

I agree. And the joke with ctrl-f5 is really the best I heard in the last couple of weeks. And it works. It tells you:

"NOTE: At this time we ask that no users deposit additional bitcoins to the current WeExchange wallet."

Maybe we should hit ctrl-f5 on this thread to get an answer to all the questions. Or any better guess of the secret combination?  Cheesy
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:50:34 PM

This is great news!

Go Danny & team.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:23:58 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 02:50:35 PM by ffssixtynine

This is great news!

Go Danny & team.

This no great news - WeEx will be pulled in by huge company after annoucing bakrucy, and with high probability we won't get our coins in majesty of law. I would be suprised if we'll get them.

CoinFarmer, as per my earlier post, I've met with Danny face to face to discuss the problem and have spoken multiple times. I can assure you that all efforts are being made to help ensure ukyo can pay everyone in full. In fact, the efforts being made go far above and beyond what I expected. We have to trust that between everyone this will all be sorted out somehow.

BTW majesty of law?

lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:26:17 PM

BTW majesty of law?

Possibly he means 'Force majeure'.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:01:56 PM

"in majesty of law" - fully legal

Thank you sir!

Anyway, it's to their benefit if they can help resolve this properly for everyone, and personally I would see it as a good result for Bitcoin as well.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:30:13 PM

Thank god I only had a few hundred Satoshis in Bitfunder and didn't get burned. OTOH, I have a significant number of Neo&Bee shares and I do believe that Neo could benefit from whatever deal they are forging.
malkusch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:41:56 PM

I'm still optimistic and assume I'll get 100% back. and even if it's 50% at the end I must be thankfull as I would have converted all my BTC at 300$ latest. Let's be patient give them a bit air to breath and meanwhile watch the rocket breaking 1000$.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: