Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291885 times)
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:47:33 PM

this sounds so much like mtgox.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:21:52 PM

No it doesn't... mtgox has bank troubles, BTC can be transferred anytime.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

I'm still optimistic and assume I'll get 100% back. and even if it's 50% at the end I must be thankfull as I would have converted all my BTC at 300$ latest. Let's be patient give them a bit air to breath and meanwhile watch the rocket breaking 1000$.

It is making it rather harder to enjoy Sad
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:19:11 PM

is there an ETA?
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:44:30 PM

is there an ETA?

In the OP:

To this end, we would like to ask that everyone continues to be patient while the final preparations are put in place that will allow for users to enable recovery of their funds, the holidays in the United States are not helping with this specific matter in the slightest.

Much of the US is on holiday so sounds like that rules out this week.
B-cat

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:28:18 PM

I think this is somehow positive but REALLY why is there no warnings in the Weex website? again, it takes 5 minutes to sort this one out.
Unless of course, getting more money in is part of the solution.
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:39:50 PM

I think this is somehow positive but REALLY why is there no warnings in the Weex website? again, it takes 5 minutes to sort this one out.

Seems like they should do this at an absolute minimum. Seriously, it would take minutes to just disable deposits or put up a message. Accepting deposits without any warnings or disclaimers given the current state of things is criminal.
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:24:03 PM

Seems like they should do this at an absolute minimum. Seriously, it would take minutes to just disable deposits or put up a message. Accepting deposits without any warnings or disclaimers given the current state of things is criminal.

People.. Roll Eyes If you actually checked the "Add funds"-page you would see this message:
Direct BTC Transfer

NOTE: At this time we ask that no users deposit additional bitcoins to the current WeExchange wallet.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:27:08 PM

People.. Roll Eyes If you actually checked the "Add funds"-page you would see this message:
Direct BTC Transfer

NOTE: At this time we ask that no users deposit additional bitcoins to the current WeExchange wallet.

Hurray he actually did it, now just one million years left for us to get our money back!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:36:04 PM

No it doesn't... mtgox has bank troubles, BTC can be transferred anytime.

I'm referring to the aspect that they can't even talk about what's going on.
B-cat

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:52:28 PM

Direct BTC Transfer

Thanks! Now I´m happier, baby steps... but hey!
jimmydorry

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:59:17 AM

It looks like Ukyo is less likely to pay by the day.
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:16:29 AM

How are you coming to that conclusion? Additional people and resources are being devoted to ensuring people get their funds back. You can bash Ukyo all you want, but I don't think you can say it's become less likely that funds will be repaid.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:11:58 PM

How are you coming to that conclusion? Additional people and resources are being devoted to ensuring people get their funds back. You can bash Ukyo all you want, but I don't think you can say it's become less likely that funds will be repaid.

+1
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:47:14 PM

I think this is likely what is happening:

1-Ukyo gambled all the funds on failed stocks, has nothing

2-NeoBee gave him a ton of IPVO shares in exchange for WeExchange ownership.

3-The hope is that NeoBee brings out news that will boost the share price, so Ukyo can sell the shares and pay everyone back. This could also be the cause of the massive NeoBee sell-off we've seen in the last 24 hours.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:52:30 PM

Think it's pretty obvious what's happening here. Neo&Bee was looking to setup their own security exchange. They've said so a number of times, that it was part of their future plans.

They now found a way to secure that exchange and infrastructure for a bargain price most likely.

Too bad they did it at the expense of shareholders. Ukyo has crashed the NB share price.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:16:04 PM

1-Ukyo gambled all the funds on failed stocks

As posted on another thread, to my knowledge this is not the case.

I don't know precisely how Neo will be helping Ukyo but I certainly can't see it being based on selling stock today on Havelock. I think that'd be possible to spot and would make no sense; there's also virtually no liquidity.

Neo's price is hurting because of the Bitcoin price. Neo's actual operation is going great guns but dividends aren't payable for quite some time.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:47:02 PM

Think it's pretty obvious what's happening here. Neo&Bee was looking to setup their own security exchange. They've said so a number of times, that it was part of their future plans.

They now found a way to secure that exchange and infrastructure for a bargain price most likely.

Too bad they did it at the expense of shareholders. Ukyo has crashed the NB share price.

Havelock, the exchange on which N&B is being traded, has failed to sell out its own IPO.
Instead of refunding the coin, trading was opened & the stock tanked.
Lack of confidence in the exchange is a more likely reason for the price drop in N&B shares.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:36:12 PM

Lack of confidence in the exchange is a more likely reason for the price drop in N&B shares.

Yeah yeah, as if anybody would be atall concerned about the exposure getting involved with Ukyo creates. Yeah you are right, no one will be botherd. Huh

Get real you fool. Now it's you who are under-estimating (the N&B) shareholders intelligence. Do you often contradict yourself from one thread to the other to suit your own ends? Looks like it.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:58:40 PM

Yeah yeah, as if anybody would be atall concerned about the exposure getting involved with Ukyo creates. Yeah you are right, no one will be botherd. Huh

Get real you fool. Now it's you who are under-estimating (the N&B) shareholders intelligence. Do you often contradict yourself from one thread to the other to suit your own ends? Looks like it.

Relax.
I posited that a flaky exchange is more likely to undermine investor confidence than a questionable business decision by the issuer of an asset.  The latter will devalue your shares, but if an exchange proves to be fraudulent or gets "hacked," your money's simply gone. 
*Puff*
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: