Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:09:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840291 times)
ATXsilver

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:13:38 AM

Anyone still here obviously cares in some capacity about the future and prospects of Earthcoin. Everyone who reads this message should watch this video from one of the brightest minds in cryptocurrency, alt coins, and bitcoin.

There are about 100+ Ideas on this podcast that could absolutely be game changers to EARTHCOIN. This community needs to watch it, take notes, and then propose ideas to get Earthcoin up to speed with the other alt coins that are so far ahead in development and therefore satoshi price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VldihoIYuY&feature=youtu.be

My thoughts.

1. How complex would it be to convert Earthcoin to run on the 'TOR' network? An announcement of this type would make Earthcoin the 2nd coin (Razor Coin) to be absolutely anonymous and perfect for preserving our privacy in a post NSA Spying World.

2. I am warming up to the idea of POS, if nothing else, something that pays you 2-3% annually in EAC to incentivize you to hold your coins, or at least keep pace with inflation. What if we also just changed the 'total supply' of Earthcoin from the current plan of 12 billion into something that is MUCH lower. Like say 21 million coins. Or 10 million coins. Shoot the less the better IMO, that way current holders would instantly be holding a greater % of the total "Earthcoin Pie' and new investors would be attracted because then those 12 billion coins are not hanging over their heads. If the original reason for the 12 billion was so 'everyone in the world could have two' or whatever the hell, that is not a good enough reason to not just eliminate 99% of the coins that will be created, therefore increasing the value of all the current holders, and incentivizing the mining community to get back involved because they KNOW the price will rise over the long-term now. Just simple supply & demand. And I honestly think that the Over supply of coins has just been decimating earthcoins, because honestly there is just not a community in place who believes enough in the coin to actually hold the coins for the long-term. Lets knock this supply down to 5-21 million coin range and get rid of this 12 billion nonsense. This will also instantly get us new blood, new miners, new life, and help stop the massive dumping that just happens non-stop with this coin. This would also reward the long-term 'leaders' of this coin who have been holding & accumulating Earthcoin for a long time, only to be left for dead by the community, speculators, the loser 'Dev' who abandoned the coin after selling his premine, etc. Then as the net worth of the long-term holders/ visionaries increases, they can sell some of their holdings to fund serious marketing moves like Nautilus did, sponsoring Jon Fitch in the upcoming UFC fight on CBS next month. They will have 'Nautilus coin' written on his shorts, where all of America will see clearly, at least some will google it, and then buy some coins, driving up the price of all the previous holders/ investors. There is absolutely no reason Earthcoin couldnt pull something like this off, it was only $5,000 after all. If we could get this price to rise we could have enough people pitch in to do this same thing for the next UFC fight, or some other event 'A la Dogecoin & Nascar'

Basically I am arguing that scarcity does matter for alt coins to have a respectable satoshi price, and simple supply and demand fundamentals dictate that we need to get rid of having so many damn coins. It is either do that or just watch Earthcoin die this slow miserable death. Brian Kelly, CNBC Anchor, did a similar thing with his coin, Nautilus coin, changing the shares from 16 million to just 4 million recently. THIS ADDS VALUE TO THOSE WHO HOLD IT, AND THOSE WHO BUY THE COIN IN THE FUTURE.

I vote to change the game, excite people, and lets drive this bad boy back up to the moon. As the price rises, I will sell my coins, and use the BTC to keep promoting Earthcoin to bigger and better audiences and venues. I am probably the single largest holder of Earthcoin at this point, I have brought as much value as anyone else by selling the most items in an open marketplace for Earthcoin, and now I am ready to do more. I am even open to becoming the 'DEV' if the community would agree to let me start enacting some of the ideas above(and below) and doing everything in my power to increase the 'Satoshi' Price, and perceived value, of this rotten corpse of a coin. You see, I am also the most incentivized for purely selfish reasons, as the number one holder of EAC, I will certainly be ok with working my a$$ off to make sure that I can recoup some of my horrendous investment losses over the long-term. No one has (I dont think) as much at stake as I do to ensure the success of this coin. 

I would like the communities input on this, and even the current dev's thoughts, etc. I am just brainstorming but I have been thoroughly studying successful alt coins the past few months, and I believe I can right this ship.

3. Create a 'Price Stabilization Fund' Hard fork or whatever to divert a certain % of all coins mined into a fund that would be used to place bids to support Earthcoins price over the long-term. This would obviously need to be entrusted to a team, or the 'Dev' or Me, and maybe tracked with some kind of record to show that the BTC gained from sells (of EAC from Price stabilization Fund) would be then turned back around to place 'Buy' Orders, say 25% lower. Seems like this would help with stability, and once we could get a bump back above 20 satoshi range, would create confidence and allow for a self-fulfilling prophecy of new found success.

4. Lets find some way to get new blood involved, new devs, add people to the team, get people excited. Lets do more giveaways to new people to get them interested. Some kind of organized way to market Earthcoin to more people who have given up on it, and wrote it off as dead.

5. Implement something like 'digishield' to prevent the multi-pool miners from just raping Earthcoin and dumping on the market to BTC instantly? This will obviously be more of an issue once the price rises, I doubt its hitting the top of the profitability coins at this time.

Oh, and everyone who gives a damn watch the video I posted in it's entirety.

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
ATXsilver

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:14:59 AM

Also someone buy these Diamond & Ruby 18K White Gold Earrings.

Add to my already sizeable 'Price Stabilization Fund' (Personal Edition)

https://earthazaar.com/product/3-carat-natural-diamonds-vs-1vs-2-natural-ruby-earrings-in-solid-18k-white-gold/

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

bottomfeeder

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:34:04 AM

The TOR capability is already built into the BTC/LTC core... has been for several generations... nothing new... just another example of creating a fad to sell a coin.

This is why the whole anonymous fad coins are nothing more than experimental software at the moment... and will struggle to really gain real world... that is outside of BCT and etc... adoption... Bitcoin and Litecoin can both be completely anonymous if the user chooses to do so.

Don't believe me...

Launch your Earthcoin-QT wallet... click the 'Help" tab... then click on the 'Debug Window' tab... when it opens... click on the 'Console' tab... the look down the screen on the left-hand bottom side... you will see - 'Command-line options' with a 'Show' button beneath... click the 'Show' button... another screen will open... click the 'Show Details...' button... the window will drop down with lots of command options... screen down and you will find the command '-tor =<ip:port>

and use the set-up guide here... https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tor

Along with some other basic internet practices to protect your identity and privacy... EAC is as anonymous as any coin currently available...

if you are concerned with your transactions being followed... open several exchange accounts and and tumble your coins through the exchange... making transactions completely untraceable.
instantskeleton

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:11:59 PM

It has been a mess watching what happened to this coin, I had purchases in the 500's  now at 2-3 sat and getting removed from exchanges. I think it would be great if ATX could step up and continue forward with those already so dedicated.
I'm also in Naut and MYR, we could learn allot from the MYR community.
centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 05:10:22 PM by centurion76

Anyone still here obviously cares in some capacity about the future and prospects of Earthcoin. Everyone who reads this message should watch this video from one of the brightest minds in cryptocurrency, alt coins, and bitcoin.

There are about 100+ Ideas on this podcast that could absolutely be game changers to EARTHCOIN. This community needs to watch it, take notes, and then propose ideas to get Earthcoin up to speed with the other alt coins that are so far ahead in development and therefore satoshi price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VldihoIYuY&feature=youtu.be

My thoughts.

1. How complex would it be to convert Earthcoin to run on the 'TOR' network? An announcement of this type would make Earthcoin the 2nd coin (Razor Coin) to be absolutely anonymous and perfect for preserving our privacy in a post NSA Spying World.

2. I am warming up to the idea of POS, if nothing else, something that pays you 2-3% annually in EAC to incentivize you to hold your coins, or at least keep pace with inflation. What if we also just changed the 'total supply' of Earthcoin from the current plan of 12 billion into something that is MUCH lower. Like say 21 million coins. Or 10 million coins. Shoot the less the better IMO, that way current holders would instantly be holding a greater % of the total "Earthcoin Pie' and new investors would be attracted because then those 12 billion coins are not hanging over their heads. If the original reason for the 12 billion was so 'everyone in the world could have two' or whatever the hell, that is not a good enough reason to not just eliminate 99% of the coins that will be created, therefore increasing the value of all the current holders, and incentivizing the mining community to get back involved because they KNOW the price will rise over the long-term now. Just simple supply & demand. And I honestly think that the Over supply of coins has just been decimating earthcoins, because honestly there is just not a community in place who believes enough in the coin to actually hold the coins for the long-term. Lets knock this supply down to 5-21 million coin range and get rid of this 12 billion nonsense. This will also instantly get us new blood, new miners, new life, and help stop the massive dumping that just happens non-stop with this coin. This would also reward the long-term 'leaders' of this coin who have been holding & accumulating Earthcoin for a long time, only to be left for dead by the community, speculators, the loser 'Dev' who abandoned the coin after selling his premine, etc. Then as the net worth of the long-term holders/ visionaries increases, they can sell some of their holdings to fund serious marketing moves like Nautilus did, sponsoring Jon Fitch in the upcoming UFC fight on CBS next month. They will have 'Nautilus coin' written on his shorts, where all of America will see clearly, at least some will google it, and then buy some coins, driving up the price of all the previous holders/ investors. There is absolutely no reason Earthcoin couldnt pull something like this off, it was only $5,000 after all. If we could get this price to rise we could have enough people pitch in to do this same thing for the next UFC fight, or some other event 'A la Dogecoin & Nascar'

Basically I am arguing that scarcity does matter for alt coins to have a respectable satoshi price, and simple supply and demand fundamentals dictate that we need to get rid of having so many damn coins. It is either do that or just watch Earthcoin die this slow miserable death. Brian Kelly, CNBC Anchor, did a similar thing with his coin, Nautilus coin, changing the shares from 16 million to just 4 million recently. THIS ADDS VALUE TO THOSE WHO HOLD IT, AND THOSE WHO BUY THE COIN IN THE FUTURE.

I vote to change the game, excite people, and lets drive this bad boy back up to the moon. As the price rises, I will sell my coins, and use the BTC to keep promoting Earthcoin to bigger and better audiences and venues. I am probably the single largest holder of Earthcoin at this point, I have brought as much value as anyone else by selling the most items in an open marketplace for Earthcoin, and now I am ready to do more. I am even open to becoming the 'DEV' if the community would agree to let me start enacting some of the ideas above(and below) and doing everything in my power to increase the 'Satoshi' Price, and perceived value, of this rotten corpse of a coin. You see, I am also the most incentivized for purely selfish reasons, as the number one holder of EAC, I will certainly be ok with working my a$$ off to make sure that I can recoup some of my horrendous investment losses over the long-term. No one has (I dont think) as much at stake as I do to ensure the success of this coin.  

I would like the communities input on this, and even the current dev's thoughts, etc. I am just brainstorming but I have been thoroughly studying successful alt coins the past few months, and I believe I can right this ship.

3. Create a 'Price Stabilization Fund' Hard fork or whatever to divert a certain % of all coins mined into a fund that would be used to place bids to support Earthcoins price over the long-term. This would obviously need to be entrusted to a team, or the 'Dev' or Me, and maybe tracked with some kind of record to show that the BTC gained from sells (of EAC from Price stabilization Fund) would be then turned back around to place 'Buy' Orders, say 25% lower. Seems like this would help with stability, and once we could get a bump back above 20 satoshi range, would create confidence and allow for a self-fulfilling prophecy of new found success.

4. Lets find some way to get new blood involved, new devs, add people to the team, get people excited. Lets do more giveaways to new people to get them interested. Some kind of organized way to market Earthcoin to more people who have given up on it, and wrote it off as dead.

5. Implement something like 'digishield' to prevent the multi-pool miners from just raping Earthcoin and dumping on the market to BTC instantly? This will obviously be more of an issue once the price rises, I doubt its hitting the top of the profitability coins at this time.

Oh, and everyone who gives a damn watch the video I posted in it's entirety.

Rather than incentivize people to hold coins I would much rather encourage them to use and spend their Earthcoin. The path to making Earthcoin successful is through use, promotion, and adoption. You have already started doing this by selling your goods on Earthazaar.com, and by promoting the coin.

As far as the amount of coins go I think the devs thought the coin would be adopted faster, much like Doge has been, and a large supply was needed. Although I wouldn't be against lowering the coin cap I don't think we should go less than the total amount already in existance. I do think halving the block reward ahead of schedule would help.

Going to a smaller amount would mean setting up an entirely new coin and then trading every coin in existance for the new coin. It may be possible but it is a huge undertaking.

This has been Saturncoin's plan and it hasn't been a great deal of help to the coin just yet, although it may have helped them from being delisted on cryptsy. We will have to see how it plays out, but I'm not sold at this point.

I think the sponsorship idea is a great. Would you be willing to take the lead on this and make it a reality? It would help promote Earthcoin and bring in some new blood.

What would also help would be for everyone to go on reddit.com/r/earthcoin and make some posts and give out a few tips. It might get some people excited and bring in some new blood if tips were being handed out and the community looked active.

Although most people don't know this about Earthcoin we have Wavebreaker retargetting that makes the coin multi-pool resistant. I don't know why this feature hasn't been promoted more but it's there.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:45:21 PM

I have been against changing the coin spesifications earlier, but I am starting to change my mind.
1. Reducing the block rewards would not be a problem now because the blockchain is already that insecure that it dont make much difference.
2. Earthcoin dont have much credibility to loose.
3. Reducing the huge new supply would make it more attractive to hold the coins.

But how viable is it to change to POS?

My understandig is that Peercoin use POW to distribute coins, but the security of the coin only depends on POS. CGB are depending both on POW and POS to secure the block chain and have plans to make the POW part merge minable.

POS would really fit well with the sustainable og enviromental image of earthcoin. As would merged mining since both would reduce electricity spent securing the block chain

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:26:32 AM

Guys, tell you a good news, China has opened the voting EAC BTC38 transaction, please everyone to support it, we are now at the back DRK, Section 10, I think this is a good opportunity to note that this is not included , but directly added to our trading platform. Come on!

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:48:21 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin ;DEAC has risen to second! Come on guys!
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 06:27:47 PM by randayh

deleted

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

Good luck, good people have begun to pay attention to the EAC!
shtako

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:50:30 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin ;DEAC has risen to second! Come on guys!

Everyone can must vote and donate. To reach out to the chinese market is very important.  Smiley
ATXsilver

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:30:22 PM

@ bottom feeder- Thanks for the information. That helps explain the system to me somewhat. I was just taken aside by how much attention these latest coins such as Razr, Crypt, and even Darkcoin have been getting regarding 'anonymous' transactions. Also thank you for the tumbling through an exchange advice, privacy is very important to those who believe the government is too intrusive as-is, and believes in free market economics.

@ centurion - Yes I agree, more people using EAC as a currency to purchase real world items is crucial to adoption and success, but the end of the day, however you 'get' your earthcoin (Mining, exchanges, selling something on Earthazaar) people need to somehow be incentivized to not just dump EAC back on the market for a pittance of 2 satoshi. There have to be more 'buyers' than 'sellers' over a long period of time to get a sustained price rise.

At this point, what we truly have is a 'crisis of confidence'. There is no true leadership for this coin. The community has 0 reason to believe that their Earthcoins will go up anytime in the future. There are a handful of people doing some work to keep this dream alive, but there needs to be a fresh influx of new investors to stir up this pot.

We HAVE to grab some attention somehow. I absolutely say we have to cut these block rewards down as drastically as possible. Lets eliminate as many excess coin as needed to help dry up those sell orders, and convince more people to believe that EAC will be worth more than 2 satoshi in a months time, and possibly much more than that in a years time.

Simple Supply & Demand. There is no reason to have 13 billion coins, there is a reason that coins with a smaller float of supply have higher prices. Lets cut down the rewards as drastically as possible, as soon as possible. Once this is announced, and hits other forums, new people will come in, infuse the coin with new life, find earthazaar and spend/ sell items for EAC, and overall life the Satoshi price back to a reasonable level. (50 Satoshi +). This will build investor confidence and lead to further improvements for the future of Earthcoin. The idea, and the dream is still alive, we need to change the coin for the better, and also have a more dedicated and focused leadership vision.

POS, I don't really care honestly, but at this point, I don't see why it would be a terrible idea. If this coin is built for the 'long-run' then a modest amount of POS to match inflation seems reasonable to me. (Not sure how much programming this would take, so I can't say for sure how feasible this would be at this point)

I will work on gaining some promotion for this coin, and I will be doing what I can to help others find Earthcoin and join the community. I will see about some kind of sponsorship and if I can spear head some ideas on gaining traction among new investors. Tips, Ideas and brainstorming is welcome from anyone here.

Matter of fact, here's what I will do to start things off and get some interest flowing right now.

500,000 EAC bounty to whoever posts the 'Best Idea' for the improvement of Earthcoin on this forum by 12:00 Midnight Sunday Night. (End of June 29th).

This person will be chosen at my discretion, and be rewarded with this Earthcoin for pitching the greatest idea to improve the fortunes of Earthcoin. I don't care what idea, what kind of change to the code, anything novel, creative, and potentially game-changing will be considered. Anyone at all is eligible for this BOUNTY.

I will review the responses and ask the individual for their EAC wallet address by Monday Afternoon.

Again thats 500,000 EAC to the person with the best ideas, thoughts, promotion of Earthcoin to be determined by the end of the day tomorrow.

Let those ideas and creativity stream forth. Well thought out posts laying out a 'game plan', long-term vision, code changes, etc. will all be considered.

ATX

ATXsilver

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Also @ Centurion

I want to send you some additional EAC to keep the Earthcoin 'Tipbot' going. Not sure how to do this, so if you could help me figure out how to send more EAC to give random people tips in Earthcoin on Reddit I will donate a sizeable investment to help get new people interested.

LMK how I can help with this.

Thx

TamB

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:33:36 AM

Good luck, good people have begun to pay attention to the EAC!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think you will be pleased with the projects we roll out soon.
shtako

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:11:09 PM

Vote for earthcoin at BTC38:

You can direct vote on BTC38 english website,Voting requirements transactions totaled 2000 CNY.
Open BTC38 english website. http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html
1. You can login using facebook account.
2 .In “My Account” set google auth.
3 .Set BTC withdraw address.
4 .Deposit 0.42 BTC.
5 .In BTC/CNY market sell BTC and buy BTC.
6 .Open links to start to vote. http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html
7 .Withdraw the remaining BTC.

Copy pasted from this thread:
https://earthcointalk.org/forums/topic/please-vote-for-eac-on-btc38/#post-7490
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:21:55 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 10:48:37 AM by earthcoin

Announcements today: there's a new EAC blog post at Green Go Post Blog:

http://greengopost.com/earthcoin-the-cryptocurrency-focused-on-sustainable-development-worldwide/

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
shtako

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:45:49 PM

Announcements today: Blog post published soon - link to follow. Thanks.

Announcing the announcements. The new communication officer is really a step up. Smiley
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

FYI, we have a winner in the name Earthcoin's smallest denomination contest - he's been contacted to receive his EAC 700K.

The satoshi equivalent for EAC will be 'grain.' So 0.00000001 EAC = 1 Grain.

As you may know, a 'grain' was an ancient measurement, based on a grain of wheat, for denoting the smallest part of a troy ounce of gold and other systems for weighing gold.

I see your reason to invent the name for the smallest unit of Earthcoin. I see your reason not to use Satoshi for that. The only thing I can't understand is why you picked another coins name? Yes, this word is not registered tm or whatever, but it is already used by the Grain Coin longer than Earthcoin blockchain exist.
PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:54:57 PM

Hello EarthCoin Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your EarthCoin investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates) (just because you love us Cheesy)

Free Version (still awesome!)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:43:27 AM

@ bottom feeder- Thanks for the information. That helps explain the system to me somewhat. I was just taken aside by how much attention these latest coins such as Razr, Crypt, and even Darkcoin have been getting regarding 'anonymous' transactions. Also thank you for the tumbling through an exchange advice, privacy is very important to those who believe the government is too intrusive as-is, and believes in free market economics.

we are talking different things. Tor does not hide the tx in blockchain. To make tx untraceable from their original addresses, you can use bottomfeeder's idea to have different accts, send from one acct to an exchange, then send back to another account, but you will have to do this "mixing" manually.

the system like darksend or supersend is to do this mixing automatically, for each transaction you make. These definitely enhance the privacy of your tx and spending details.
Pages: « 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: