Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:34:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232522 times)
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:08:42 AM

http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/ViLUCuu6xWBCC388YV7xZVZhxH2e2XFZZW

Let the pump begin  Cool
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:11:08 AM

1,449,003 VTC
168,948.4 USD
#1 Richest Vertcoin Address
22.2% of all coins

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:40:29 AM

1,449,003 VTC
168,948.4 USD
22.2% of all coins

It's an exchange like 99% of the time ?
ownerbest

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:49:12 AM

Isn't it an exchange address?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
soulnecturn

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:03:01 AM

Well yeah noticed this too... what I can say more is that Vertcoin with this accident is not alone...
meaning in same time other coins like doge and drk (maybe even others as well) happened to had same accident...
So looks like someone (who knows maybe exchange making huge cold storages?) accumulating in one address for each coin all savings... pretty HUGE ones...

I am not afraid that this someone will dump it etc but I hope its nothing like big stealing action ...
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

Oh boy...
tprogex

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:24:57 PM

Its clearly not exchange address,Top holder just has no back way so fighting with vtc bears.
deky_

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

just small question
Did I missed today or last day any disaster?? Undecided 0.o ??

Just checked vtc price last hours trades ... and ... ... yeah ... and ...

so was any disaster or just like that ? Smiley
I still hold pretty much vtc (in these days price pretty little -.-) but stopped watching or caring much as anyway for me its like lost all (no way I ever sell it for current or lower price) of it or somehow earn later ... If it hits 1 satoshi then I will see what will be after years with this ... :/

well still sad  to see days like this...

P.S.
did you all noticed that vtc sinked lowst within last 30 days then most of the coins? It looks like from loads of shit coins vtc became more shitty ... while I see it as best ... Somehow looking at this I feel like idiot :/
Yes, it does look like the market reaction to the announcement of a possible algorithm change. Just as I thought would happen, a massive no vote from the market. Devs please take note.

The market price of Vertcoin did rise for about a day or two immediately after the announcement of Lyra2.  The market was positive towards the algo change.  However it was quickly overshadowed by the news of 'community infighting' over Subsidy Change voting.  See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2bwh0h/vertcoins_recent_decisions_the_damage_hasnt_been/

The 'infighting' got fiercier and the price reflected it - it got lower.  Fortunately BBurlington79 stepped in to help.  Kudos to him! And the VertVote system is now terminated.  

Thanks! After a lot of though I'm in the mindset that right now we need to stop focusing on the price what so ever. The market is not currently sane and only rewarding new coins for it's initial pump and dump. VTC was pumped way too high initially back when it was put on Cryptsy. Due to this we started to decline as the price was not maintainable and we slipped right on by our actual value and we now find ourselves where we are now. There's no quick fix to figuring out this issue. Anything we do as a knee jerk reaction will hurt VTC more than it will help. I'm actually at peace right now with the price. I feel we can finally focus on our future and stop watching the ticker.

What happens next? We trust our dev team and support them as best we can. We allow them to focus on planned changes rather than forcing them to react to a mob mentality. Over the next few months we focus on the foundation of VTC. We start to co-ordinate a marketing campaign. We have a few months to take the currently planned changes and have lots of ammo for the release. We will see the second rise of VTC. What I hope will not be a pump this time but a slow climb back to a fair value. When this happens we can maintain the price and it should stabilize at this point. All the while we keep making things better, we get people talking about VTC, answer their questions, help them set up wallets, mining..., most importantly we welcome them.

Let's take the next few months and stop focusing on price. Let me ask you this way. Has stressing over price for the last 3-4 months helped anything? Has the toxic environment on the VTC forums invited or sent new investors running away? If you want VTC to thrive you need to check your baggage and do your best to be constructive and helpful. It's so much easier to complain about something than it is to make it better. We need less of the former and more of the latter.

Trust the dev team to do what they do best. Offer constructive criticism to make things better. Don't draw lines in the sand. If anyone is truly that upset about the direction of a coin to only say negative things I don't understand why you don't just sell and find something more to your liking. Whatever you hold whether it be 1 or 10000 VTC we want you if you're here to make things better and if not please feel free to sell me your coins and leave. I'd be happy to take them off your hands at this price Smiley

Stay positive everyone Smiley

Whoops, should note I'm BBurlington79

+1  Wink

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
tprogex

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:31:25 PM

just small question

I still hold pretty much vtc (in these days price pretty little -.-) but stopped watching or caring much as anyway for me its like lost all (no way I ever sell it for current or lower price) of it or somehow earn later ... If it hits 1 satoshi then I will see what will be after years with this ... :/

P.S.
did you all noticed that vtc sinked lowst within last 30 days then most of the coins? It looks like from loads of shit coins vtc became more shitty ... while I see it as best ... Somehow looking at this I feel like idiot :/
Yes, it does look like the market reaction to the announcement of a possible algorithm change. Just as I thought would happen, a massive no vote from the market. Devs please take note.

The market price of Vertcoin did rise for about a day or two immediately after the announcement of Lyra2.  The market was positive towards the algo change.  However it was quickly overshadowed by the news of 'community infighting' over Subsidy Change voting.  See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2bwh0h/vertcoins_recent_decisions_the_damage_hasnt_been/

The 'infighting' got fiercier and the price reflected it - it got lower.  Fortunately BBurlington79 stepped in to help.  Kudos to him! And the VertVote system is now terminated.  

Thanks! After a lot of though I'm in the mindset that right now we need to stop focusing on the price what so ever. The market is not currently sane and only rewarding new coins for it's initial pump and dump. VTC was pumped way too high initially back when it was put on Cryptsy. Due to this we started to decline as the price was not maintainable and we slipped right on by our actual value and we now find ourselves where we are now. There's no quick fix to figuring out this issue. Anything we do as a knee jerk reaction will hurt VTC more than it will help. I'm actually at peace right now with the price. I feel we can finally focus on our future and stop watching the ticker.

What happens next? We trust our dev team and support them as best we can. We allow them to focus on planned changes rather than forcing them to react to a mob mentality. Over the next few months we focus on the foundation of VTC. We start to co-ordinate a marketing campaign. We have a few months to take the currently planned changes and have lots of ammo for the release. We will see the second rise of VTC. What I hope will not be a pump this time but a slow climb back to a fair value. When this happens we can maintain the price and it should stabilize at this point. All the while we keep making things better, we get people talking about VTC, answer their questions, help them set up wallets, mining..., most importantly we welcome them.

Let's take the next few months and stop focusing on price. Let me ask you this way. Has stressing over price for the last 3-4 months helped anything? Has the toxic environment on the VTC forums invited or sent new investors running away? If you want VTC to thrive you need to check your baggage and do your best to be constructive and helpful. It's so much easier to complain about something than it is to make it better. We need less of the former and more of the latter.

Trust the dev team to do what they do best. Offer constructive criticism to make things better. Don't draw lines in the sand. If anyone is truly that upset about the direction of a coin to only say negative things I don't understand why you don't just sell and find something more to your liking. Whatever you hold whether it be 1 or 10000 VTC we want you if you're here to make things better and if not please feel free to sell me your coins and leave. I'd be happy to take them off your hands at this price Smiley

+1  Wink
+2
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:21:17 PM

just small question

P.S.

As a pool operator, I have to pay for operating and sever costs to run the pools. It is a necessity for me to take note of any price fluctuation.

The market has been irrational for some time and we know it can overshoot (either direction) at times.  Still I believe the market functions well most of the times. In its own way, it acts as a kind of voting system - if the investors are not happy with a digital currency, they will vote with their feet. Conversely, if the coin is doing well and confidence is there, money will flow in.

I was drawn into Vertcoin by the wonderful human spirits back in the early days.  To me, what make a coin special is not just its features and functions.  It is the human souls behind it. In the recent months/weeks, however, Vertcoin seemed to have lost 'it'.  That is, until you stepped in.   There were others who came in to help too but the significant impact was felt yesterday. Your positive influence and generousity with your time and effort (too bad I missed the tip thread  Wink ) are truely amazing.   Somehow I have a gut feeling that you were one of the people (if not _the_ person) who put up a huge buy wall in the exchange.  You have demonstrated that there are still great human spirits behind the Vertcoin.  Thank you!

I believe if the community rally behind Vertcoin just as you do and continue to do wonderful work for the coin, we will be walking toward a path of great success.  May this day be the turning point for Vertcoin.

tprogex

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:09:31 PM

just small question

P.S.

As a pool operator, I have to pay for operating and sever costs to run the pools. It is a necessity for me to take note of any price fluctuation.

The market has been irrational for some time and we know it can overshoot (either direction) at times.  Still I believe the market functions well most of the times. In its own way, it acts as a kind of voting system - if the investors are not happy with a digital currency, they will vote with their feet. Conversely, if the coin is doing well and confidence is there, money will flow in.

I was drawn into Vertcoin by the wonderful human spirits back in the early days.  To me, what make a coin special is not just its features and functions.  It is the human souls behind it. In the recent months/weeks, however, Vertcoin seemed to have lost 'it'.  That is, until you stepped in.   There were others who came in to help too but the significant impact was felt yesterday. Your positive influence and generousity with your time and effort (too bad I missed the tip thread  Wink ) are truely amazing.   Somehow I have a gut feeling that you were one of the people (if not _the_ person) who put up a huge buy wall in the exchange.  You have demonstrated that there are still great human spirits behind the Vertcoin.  Thank you!

I believe if the community rally behind Vertcoin just as you do and continue to do wonderful work for the coin, we will be walking toward a path of great success.  May this day be the turning point for Vertcoin.

for Me vtc clearly on bottom so I'll buy more from this point.
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:18:56 PM

MineP.it VertCoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://vtc.minep.it:3339 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:20:14 PM

1,449,003 VTC
168,948.4 USD
22.2% of all coins

It's an exchange like 99% of the time ?

To be precise, that is Mintpal's Vertcoin exchange/cold storage address. So no pump sadly..
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

how do you know that this is their address, I did not find information
uvt9

Activity: 300

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:07:57 PM

Look at the transaction history of that address. Plenty of transactions with each tx is a combine of many small inputs from many addresses. Typical thing for an address of exchange, those inputs must be deposit addresses of users.
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:43:30 PM

just small question

P.S.

Thank you for the kind words. I think we just lost our way a little bit, focused on the price and forgot what made this an interesting place to be. What I'm trying to get across these days is that we need to forget about the past and focus on the future. My mantra these days is to make sure everything I do would be viewed as a positive from those outside looking in.

We have a great dev team, we have a great community. Let's drop the baggage of a quick fix and focus on growing from the ground up. We need slow steady growth upwards and that will come with making the most inviting atmosphere possible. If we welcome others, answer their questions and make our environments a fun place to be you will see growth.

No individual is responsible for these things. We are all in this together and how we choose to shape the future is in our hands. The tip thread was needed. I was hoping that people would read through everyone's responses about what they liked best about VTC and learn something new. As for the buy wall I purchased a few thousand coins yesterday but the larger walls were not mine. This is a good thing Smiley

I'm excited about VTC. We're one of the few coins that has all of the tools needed to succeed. Let's take this respite from the market and focus on our foundation so we can build bigger and better things. We can all talk about what was, or we can focus on what could be Smiley I'm looking forward to what's next!

P.S. I'm still tipping until I run out. I started with a few hundred VTC but I'm down to about 25. There's still time Smiley
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:19:58 PM

small upswing! people are buying Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

Look at the transaction history of that address. Plenty of transactions with each tx is a combine of many small inputs from many addresses. Typical thing for an address of exchange, those inputs must be deposit addresses of users.

Still kind of unusual that single exchange would be holding > 20% of all coins in existence, no?
styxical

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:42:01 PM

Still kind of unusual that single exchange would be holding > 20% of all coins in existence, no?

If you look what happened to vericoin it's not so hard to imagine. I think it would be more unusual for an individual to hold so many.
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:43:22 PM

Possibly an exchange but I'm not sure Mintpal has the volume to support that many VTC. Unless a TONNE of people are leaving their coins on the exchange and not moving them. Seems a risky business. I would hope people with a lot of coins keep them in cold storage until they need them.

The reason I say that is that their volume is so low in trade on any given day.
Pages: « 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: