Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ruckster2010

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

For those of you that have been following the pool percentages, have a look now at http://bitgo.pw/utc/#pools

It is a much healthier situation now and we are once again decentralised at this point in time.

Yes that was very healthy indeed.

But lets look at the results, bring Nitro down with a ddos attack, lower difficulty and when pool goes back up you have a bigger hash working on less difficulty for the next 200 blocks.

Now lets look at the math, our pool gets an average of 70% of the hashing power. That means it should demand a 70% of 2880 blocks which amounts to about 2016 blocks/day

We are at below that level, so we are not stealing blocks from anyone. Our pool is running within the norm limits of any pool. As far as orphans are concerned, I did mention this more than once that is caused by latency, and not Nitro. We have our average share of orphans too, if you have more than usual, there is methods to fix that. Not all pools are having the orphan issue, beyond the daily norm.

We are heavily invested in this coin and it's future. And will not resort to kiddie scripts. And assure you it's not because of lacking the know how as we can make the situation much much healthier, It's just because we will not go that low, and harm the community in the process.

We been working behind the scenes with Bumface to come to a nice way of distributing the hash. Without taking extreme measures on our miners.
We are not ignoring the situation, but we will seek a good resolution to satisfy everyone.

When I sent that post, the graph actually looked like Nitro was just under half the graph.  I did not realise the pool had gone down. I just thought that things were correcting nicely, no disrespect intended.

http://UltracoinTalk.org/ - Ultracoin Forum   http://Ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://CryptoTrain.net/ - Multipool   http://UltracoinPool.info/ - Pool
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:30:41 PM

Can nitro add an integrated dashboard chat/shoutbox on the pool? theres one pool i know that have that and really help communicating with the miners and its also fun to talk realtime with fellow miners   Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/IImaZiZ.png

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
Boffinboy

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:32:33 PM

Thank you to bumface and TheStuhlman for working to address the challenges with hash distribution

BTC - 1GVGSkdnHz12Zuy6rYcnMxoy6PMBqvL4z6
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

For those of you that have been following the pool percentages, have a look now at http://bitgo.pw/utc/#pools

It is a much healthier situation now and we are once again decentralised at this point in time.

Yes that was very healthy indeed.

But lets look at the results, bring Nitro down with a ddos attack, lower difficulty and when pool goes back up you have a bigger hash working on less difficulty for the next 200 blocks.

Now lets look at the math, our pool gets an average of 70% of the hashing power. That means it should demand a 70% of 2880 blocks which amounts to about 2016 blocks/day

We are at below that level, so we are not stealing blocks from anyone. Our pool is running within the norm limits of any pool. As far as orphans are concerned, I did mention this more than once that is caused by latency, and not Nitro. We have our average share of orphans too, if you have more than usual, there is methods to fix that. Not all pools are having the orphan issue, beyond the daily norm.

We are heavily invested in this coin and it's future. And will not resort to kiddie scripts. And assure you it's not because of lacking the know how as we can make the situation much much healthier, It's just because we will not go that low, and harm the community in the process.

We been working behind the scenes with Bumface to come to a nice way of distributing the hash. Without taking extreme measures on our miners.
We are not ignoring the situation, but we will seek a good resolution to satisfy everyone.

When I sent that post, the graph actually looked like Nitro was just under half the graph.  I did not realise the pool had gone down. I just thought that things were correcting nicely, no disrespect intended.

No offense taken. I just wanted to reply to your post because I wanted to point out that healthy is not what it seems it is sometimes.
I also wanted the math as how many blocks we get per our hash, any one with a 5th grade math level would know we are taking in less blocks than we should be. Yet you hear over and over how we are stealing!!! They posted the figures and yet the math they use is awkward and bent.  If they did the math correctly, they would know not only we are not stealing, but we are not using our hashpower, to make things balance to our favor, and I assure you we can do that by applying a simple config on our pool and not by using a kiddie script. If anyone accusing us of stealing has the math to support his lie, I will gladly believe it. That puts us at the + 51% issue and that's the issue we are trying to deal with at Nitro, not because it's causing orphans elsewhere, or because we are stealing, but for one reason and only for that one reason. We want confidence in UTC to rise, something we worked on in the past, and will continue to work on in the future.

TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:38:01 PM

Can nitro add an integrated dashboard chat/shoutbox on the pool? theres one pool i know that have that and really help communicating with the miners and its also fun to talk realtime with fellow miners   Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/IImaZiZ.png

This is doable, but we choose not to apply that option now or in the future. Who wants to invite a troll to his house  Grin
However there is an IRC room for Nitro that you can access all the time on freenode #nitropool you are welcome to join us there.

NickPortland

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:40:16 PM

Thank you. But I need to make a small correction. Our special offers will be targeted at anyone that moves from Nitro to Nitro 2. First 25 miners to move will receive 100 UTC each from Bumface, and anyone moving to the new pool will get lower fees. The pool will be running on it's separate wallet so any miner that moves need to create a new account. The reason we can not be specific about who will move is that some of the miners who have about 50+ workers, might choose not take the effort to create a new account. I hope this reduces the amount of tension, and put's the community effort on the future growth of UTC. And I will take the time now to thank those who stepped up to the helm and took it on there own initiative to drive UTC to better and better places. There is a number of you here, and you know who you are, I will not name you so I do not unintentionally forget one of you. But I will mention Lady UTC " DCGirl ".

Thanks, I will be certainly moving once the pool 2.0 is up.

Any ETA?

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:46:15 PM

Thank you. But I need to make a small correction. Our special offers will be targeted at anyone that moves from Nitro to Nitro 2. First 25 miners to move will receive 100 UTC each from Bumface, and anyone moving to the new pool will get lower fees. The pool will be running on it's separate wallet so any miner that moves need to create a new account. The reason we can not be specific about who will move is that some of the miners who have about 50+ workers, might choose not take the effort to create a new account. I hope this reduces the amount of tension, and put's the community effort on the future growth of UTC. And I will take the time now to thank those who stepped up to the helm and took it on there own initiative to drive UTC to better and better places. There is a number of you here, and you know who you are, I will not name you so I do not unintentionally forget one of you. But I will mention Lady UTC " DCGirl ".

Any ETA?

I will wait on the pool setup and test it myself first to make sure it's working. Then I will post eta for pool opening on Nitro. I will give ETA a 12 hour delay so most of the miners will know about the offer.

SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:55:05 PM

Any ETA?

I will wait on the pool setup and test it myself first to make sure it's working. Then I will post eta for pool opening on Nitro. I will give ETA a 12 hour delay so most of the miners will know about the offer.
100 UTc is amazing offer for 1st 25 miners thats like a week's mining for me
NickPortland

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:59:40 PM

100 UTc is amazing offer for 1st 25 miners thats like a week's mining for me

Yea sure.. and a fraction of a second of buying

Cheer up

*donations here*
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:17:55 PM

Interesting is that https://utc.pool.pm/ has much less orphans than leet, but almost nobody seems to care...
Just 3 orphans in the last 24 hours.

But most miners seems to concentrate on nitro and leet.

Only 2 orphans in the last 100 blocks and 97.30% efficiency rating.  This pool has not been down in at least 3 weeks ( I think a lot longer than that, but I wasn't tracking it ).  I have been mining this pool since day one and I don't think it has gone down 3 times since it started.

Cheers and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I've been switching through pools and got almost the same results till now.

Are you saying now is different, or there have been no changes up until now?

I'm not switching like 2 or 3 hours for each.
When I decide to mine it i wait for almost 1 day on a pool. Overall there are no real differences between pools , that's what i'm saying.
Yes there was a bit of downtime with some , but nothing serious.
I'm far more concerned about my isp problems.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ozzy1926

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

i forgot my http://ultra.leetpools.com/ password and i clicked the i forgot my password link at least 5-6 times i never got the mail.Anybody having the same problem?
azerbaidjan

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

We're just getting started:

UTC marketcap today sitting around 2200BTC.
FYI, btc-e TRC marketcap is 1450BTC. We are above.
Next btc-e targets: NVC: 7800BTC, XPM: 9500BTC & FTC: 11365BTC.
We need some time to catch up with these, probably around july/august this year if everything goes well.

NMC will be way more serious with 43200BTC.
PPC seems way too high with its 106000BTC

BUT

DOGE sits around 80'000BTC. Will we make it up to there?
Time will tell.

SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:05:31 PM

We're just getting started:

UTC marketcap today sitting around 2200BTC.
FYI, btc-e TRC marketcap is 1450BTC. We are above.
Next btc-e targets: NVC: 7800BTC, XPM: 9500BTC & FTC: 11365BTC.
We need some time to catch up with these, probably around july/august this year if everything goes well.

NMC will be way more serious with 43200BTC.
PPC seems way too high with its 106000BTC

BUT

DOGE sits around 80'000BTC. Will we make it up to there?
Time will tell.

we only have until the end of april if we want BTC-e to notice UTC

they pick new coins to add in May
AceCobra1

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

I have spoken with TheStuhlman and Nitro 2.0 will be created, and larger miners in nitro will be asked to move to balance it out.I will pay 25x 100 UTC to larger miners who move from 1 to 2. It will feature the same good service of Nitro, so new miners please go here aswell

This was the sensible choice to do.
Congrats for taking the time and effort invested in doing this.
Stuhlman you're a great guy.

What hashrate would qualify as a "big hash miner" ?
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:09:14 PM

To get the 100 UTC, you need to be an existing user on nitro with 10 MH/s and up.....

this should take redestribute 250 mh/s

NickPortland

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:20:05 PM

To get the 100 UTC, you need to be an existing user on nitro with 10 MH/s and up.....

Stuhlman said the first 25, not the first 25 above 10mhs (are they even that many on Nitro??).

So which one is it?

*donations here*
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:28:06 PM

Stuhlman said the first 25, not the first 25 above 10mhs (are they even that many on Nitro??).

So which one is it?

if the first all have 500 kh/s ,then im trowing money into a void......

the point is to re distribute hashpower,and this is what i have told Stuhlman.

Greekpool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

GreekPool will provide no fees to the first 25 people who will email us @ greekpool@greekpool.eu  or message us at our channel @ freenode #greekpool.
We will also give 5 utc to block finders for 50 blocks starting at 20:00 GMT
jack80

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:05:04 PM

http://ultra.leetpools.com/ IS DOWNNN Huh My Cudaminer dont connected NOW .

Anyone invite me on http://ultra.nitro.org// ? .

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:23:09 PM

http://ultra.leetpools.com/ IS DOWNNN Huh My Cudaminer dont connected NOW .

Anyone invite me on http://ultra.nitro.org// ? .

OP has a lot pools on it. Check it out.

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: