Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flashg

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:19:33 PM

OMG orphaned galore  Angry

What causing this?

UTC does NOT have a DE-centralized network anymore.Congrats to miners insisting on just one (Nitro) pool.

Nothing wrong with the Stuhlman here,but this needs to change.Otherwise miners are going to see more orphans,who try to keep mining in other pools.That's what I suspect.

Why not somebody create P2P pool(s) for UTC? I'm not technically talented but I keep asking that question...

I've moved to leetpools since last week because of continuous dc of nitro.

I thought leetpools have this issues.

Its none of the pool owners fault, the network is unbalanced, and Nitro has more than 50% of the network (No fault of theirs). If the hashes spread out there would be less orphans on the network as I understand it. Nitro's hashrate is so large, they define the network. The hashes need to spread out.

Whats funny is that when Nitro goes down for maintenance, 35% of the miners instantly Failover to our pool (LeetPool), and the orphan rates go down immediately.  

We need the miners to spread the hashes to all the pools on the network, and it will keep the coin healthy.

http://bitgo.pw/utc/ <--- Look at the bottom at the pool hashrate chart.

Since the hashrate is so enourmous as one pool compared to another this happens:

We will solve a block:
http://s15.postimg.org/np4oo5yfv/leetblock.png

Nitro will solve the same block:
http://s16.postimg.org/pa7ttlefp/Nitro_Block.png

See what happens here? Nitro will beat everyone to the punch if they happen to solve the same block as another pool even if we might have solved it first, or if Nitro might have solved the block first, we will be late because the network is defined by the hashrate.

I was talking with TheSerapher in IRC, and he suggested that other pools add Nitro as a node for UTC -- But he did not elaborate on how to do this. If anyone can think of a solution, please chime in.

As of now they Nitro controls 78% of UTC network (!)...Much risk for not only the people on other pools, but also for the UTC network.

C'mon guys, spread out your hashes,please.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

If I set g=2 then my whole system freezes regardless of i / tc. On my 280X it has a significant impact on performance (more so than lookup-gap).
That's probably because the TC value is too high and the thread is being put into dynamic GPU memory (Aka system ram, which if there isn't enough gets paged out to your hard drive - every try and calculate hashes using a hard drive for storage?? BAD!) - I had this exact some issue when I was trying to get my miner up and running and that was what I discovered.  The easiest way I figured out how to know where to set TC or buffer size was using GPU-z (people on Windows 8 should use HWInfo).  On the sensors tab, there are two graphs - Dedicated memory and dynamic memory.  Have that open when you launch your miner - if dynamic memory goes up at all, kill the mining software ASAP.  Then lower your TC until only dedicated memory increases when you launch the miner.  MY 4GB cards would do this with any value for TC over 24576 with a lookup gap of 2 (using -g 2) - buffer-size 1,536 MB.  

The version of cgminer I am using supports raw-intensity, but I have no idea of the values so I left it alone.

I don't know of any other scrypt-chacha gpu miner that supports this, so if you have a link to it, I would surely appreciate it!  (Actually, other than Vergoh's)

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:27:10 PM

nitro should increase their fee to 3% if they are that worried about owning more than 51%....

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Rabbit80

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

If I set g=2 then my whole system freezes regardless of i / tc. On my 280X it has a significant impact on performance (more so than lookup-gap).
That's probably because the TC value is too high and the thread is being put into dynamic GPU memory (Aka system ram, which if there isn't enough gets paged out to your hard drive - every try and calculate hashes using a hard drive for storage?? BAD!) - I had this exact some issue when I was trying to get my miner up and running and that was what I discovered.  The easiest way I figured out how to know where to set TC or buffer size was using GPU-z (people on Windows 8 should use HWInfo).  On the sensors tab, there are two graphs - Dedicated memory and dynamic memory.  Have that open when you launch your miner - if dynamic memory goes up at all, kill the mining software ASAP.  Then lower your TC until only dedicated memory increases when you launch the miner.  MY 4GB cards would do this with any value for TC over 24576 with a lookup gap of 2 (using -g 2) - buffer-size 1,536 MB.  

The version of cgminer I am using supports raw-intensity, but I have no idea of the values so I left it alone.

I don't know of any other scrypt-chacha gpu miner that supports this, so if you have a link to it, I would surely appreciate it!  (Actually, other than Vergoh's)

I stand corrected - its the non-jane version that supports raw intensity!

Thanks for the other advice.. I will give it a go tomorrow when I can reset the miner if it all goes pear shaped.
batty634

Activity: 233

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

if you're in the eu try utc.greekpool.eu

good uptime and it spreads the hash  Smiley
sakr

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:47:35 PM

As of now they Nitro controls 78% of UTC network (!)...Much risk for not only the people on other pools, but also for the UTC network.

Yes, no one should control more than 50% of the network hashrate, could cause catastrophic issues and forks, peolpe could en up losing coins
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:49:58 PM

whens the facebook giveaway starting?

I have an idea for the marketing side . . . .If you get a sign/t-shirt/flag with 'BUY #ULTRACOIN' on TV you win some UTC?
laterbreh

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:18:07 PM

What causing this?

UTC does NOT have a DE-centralized network anymore.Congrats to miners insisting on just one (Nitro) pool.

Nothing wrong with the Stuhlman here,but this needs to change.Otherwise miners are going to see more orphans,who try to keep mining in other pools.That's what I suspect.

Why not somebody create P2P pool(s) for UTC? I'm not technically talented but I keep asking that question...

Its none of the pool owners fault, the network is unbalanced, and Nitro has more than 50% of the network (No fault of theirs). If the hashes spread out there would be less orphans on the network as I understand it. Nitro's hashrate is so large, they define the network. The hashes need to spread out.

Whats funny is that when Nitro goes down for maintenance, 35% of the miners instantly Failover to our pool (LeetPool), and the orphan rates go down immediately.  

We need the miners to spread the hashes to all the pools on the network, and it will keep the coin healthy.

Since the hashrate is so enourmous as one pool compared to another this happens:

We will solve a block:

See what happens here? Nitro will beat everyone to the punch if they happen to solve the same block as another pool even if we might have solved it first, or if Nitro might have solved the block first, we will be late because the network is defined by the hashrate.

I was talking with TheSerapher in IRC, and he suggested that other pools add Nitro as a node for UTC -- But he did not elaborate on how to do this. If anyone can think of a solution, please chime in.

I'm not trying to bring more hashes to my pool, what I care about is spreading hashes to other pools.

http://bitgo.pw/utc/ is a great list to see the pools and their respective hash. If you are on nitro, do the coin you are mining and supporting a favor and please switch to another pool.

Whats worse is the owners of Nitro are very great guys, and I don't want to detract from their success, they deserve it. But Ultra isn't getting enough NEW hashes to the other pools. How does a pool owner tell their miners to get off their pool in a nice way? Its a tough question, and I hope we as a community can make the right move without having to put pool owners in an awkward position.

bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 09:47:04 PM

Like and share the facebook page and get 5 UTC!!!

Also random 100 UTC giveaways amongst these people

Fill out this form to join

http://ultracoin.net/UTCAddress.php

The facebook adres is https://www.facebook.com/ultracoinnet?fref=ts

GOLDbarISmine

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:55:05 PM

I just liked and shared :-)

my UTC wallet is = UX1qdMSCaYjNvq2Ua1EjtDEi6JNVaCgjKA

just fill the form  Cool
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:56:43 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 10:10:25 PM by funsponge

I just liked and shared :-)

my UTC wallet is = UX1qdMSCaYjNvq2Ua1EjtDEi6JNVaCgjKA

just fill the form  Cool

yeah i figured :-) - was too excited
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:00:16 PM

What causing this?

We will solve a block:

To add Nitro as a node you add this to the conf file addnode=ultra.nitro.org:44100 you can also addnode=utc.greekpool.eu:44100  or any operating pool with that port. However, once conf file is updated with nodes, you need to shut down stratum then shutdown coind and restart coind let it connect to the nodes, and once blocks are up to date, restart stratum. Make sure you put the pool in maintenance mode before shutting down stratum and remove maintenance mode after coind is updated, then restart stratum.

We have also closed signups many times, to allow other pools to grow naturally with the influx of new miners. However, this can only be done on our part with a ddos free environment. We have a policy of opening signups immediately after or during a ddos attack. That way the attacker can not benefit from his attack. We have put the fee up already and any other increase in fee would be nothing short of robbing the miners. We will close signups as of now, but this can only last as long as the next ddos attack.

Becel

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:16:05 PM

Done!
sakr

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

Anyone with a nice rig want to jump on http://thepool.pw/ultracoin/index.php
Barely any miners and it's taking forever to find anything. XD
Annnnnd that pool just did something weird and it looks broken.

I had to restart the stratum to add other pools nodes to avoid getting orphans as discussed earlier, the pool is setup on a solid server, and have been carefully setup, it could support a lot more hash, hopefully more people will get on it!
pragmatik

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:31:09 PM

ULTRABAMT

Bamt Ultracoin version  

I have just released  my custom   Bamt   With scrypt-jane cgminer  3.7.2    

this is a quick modification of the existing bamt 1.4 for  79xx cards

the 1.3  version   for  r9 series is coming soon,

This is for peoples who dont want to deal with linux commands and just want something plug&play

I hope it will help,  this is my small contribution to the Ultracoin scene

Enjoy

UltraBamt 1.4 https://mega.co.nz/#!JV9DyBgS!Ig7iqwsri6Ijcp055HZNtgNsVcUilE1mLJKew6xEXVs

Root Password  1234
laterbreh

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

What causing this?

We will solve a block:

To add Nitro as a node you add this to the conf file addnode=ultra.nitro.org:44100 you can also addnode=utc.greekpool.eu:44100  or any operating pool with that port. However, once conf file is updated with nodes, you need to shut down stratum then shutdown coind and restart coind let it connect to the nodes, and once blocks are up to date, restart stratum. Make sure you put the pool in maintenance mode before shutting down stratum and remove maintenance mode after coind is updated, then restart stratum.

We have also closed signups many times, to allow other pools to grow naturally with the influx of new miners. However, this can only be done on our part with a ddos free environment. We have a policy of opening signups immediately after or during a ddos attack. That way the attacker can not benefit from his attack. We have put the fee up already and any other increase in fee would be nothing short of robbing the miners. We will close signups as of now, but this can only last as long as the next ddos attack.

Thanks Stuhlman! We successfully were able to add Greekpool and Nitro as nodes. Everything seems to be running smooth. Now to find some blocks and see what happens! Thanks again for your input.

lagur

Activity: 199

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:47:09 PM

What causing this?

We will solve a block:

Thanks Stuhlman! We successfully were able to add Greekpool and Nitro as nodes. Everything seems to be running smooth. Now to find some blocks and see what happens! Thanks again for your input.

I see you have applied some fixes and hoping this works, good job!

Let's hope other miners in leetpools can also observe.
laterbreh

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

Yea we have updated the nodes to include Stuhlman's suggestions. Now we have to see and wait if that will help.

nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:38:02 AM

leetpools

i get 50% of fhat i should get, by pool, anyother good pool?
NickPortland

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

So when's next N-factor shift occuring?

Thanks.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: