Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:53:23 PM

Something is wrong today, already earned 29 DRK today with masternodes!
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/1425/

I'm thinking of doing another joint MN, this one with 10 joint owners, 100DRK each, to let smaller holders benefit too. If anyone is interested PM me, I'll start another thread on bitcointalk for it and we can coordinate there... because checking poolhash once or twice a day and seeing your MN get paid feels pretty sweet, more people should have the opportunity!

Why don't you use darkcointalk?

So lets get this straight.  You made 29 darkcoin for operating masternodes that are required for darksend.  Yet nobody is actually using darksend for anything at this point.

What did your masternodes do to earn that 20%.  

According to this document which is the most recent available http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendDocumentation.pdf darksend is currently limited to a transaction size of 10 DRK.  Has that limit been lifted?  If so it would be a good idea for the dev team to make that information available.  If not then just what are masternodes doing at this point in time to earn 20%

This is a simple question and not fud.  

Can anyone answer it?  If I'm incorrect about the 10 DRK limit please provide a link to any updated documentation outlining the features of darksend and the masternode network.

If darksend isn't going to be fully functional allowing users to send real transactions anonymously until RC4 which is supposedly due out at the end of July, why would masternode operators already be collecting 20% when RC4 hasn't been released?

Thanks

People are using Darksend with <=10 DRK ...?  Did you really not know that?

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:53:36 PM

the website of nighttrader does look really cool. There was also some talk a few months back of Bitonic forming a new exchange (BL3p) in The Netherlands
to establish itself as the next big European exchange... not sure whats happening there (they needed a license from the Dutch Bank and were
working with them on that front)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:54:24 PM

ROADMAP ?

I am trying to evaluate my DRK investment.
Essential to know this week's, and this month's, and this summer's plans.
As it is difficult to nail down specific dates, it could also be like "probably end of July", or "late next week"; or give dates, with a lot of buffer time.

Is there a roadmap, a list of dates?
Planned announcements, whitepapers, next versions, coin features, merchant adoption, conference talks, press conferences, google hangouts, games, competitions, etc. pp. ?

Thank you very much!

Dates are a bit fluid due to the fact that the coin is still in active development.  There will be setbacks and leaps forward, as is normal in a development setting.

The next release candidate, which you can read about here: http://goo.gl/vwU28V should be out sometime around the end of this month.  The anonymity improvements listed there have already been further improved upon (rather significantly) and should make it in at at the same time.  Details on those improvements will probably come out sometime this week, FYI.

After that the code will be audited by a well known party (name to be revealed shortly).  This person will report back on the viability of the Darksend code and mechanism, basically saying "yes this does everything they say it does" or "no, there are some issues and here's what they are."

Depending on the outcome of that audit, the last information I have from Evan is that he will take some time to double and triple check everything before moving into open source.

If that timeline changes, we will announce it on the darkcointalk.org Official Announcement forum, with links to it from our social media presences (Twitter, Facebook, G+, etc.).

-Chris
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:55:45 PM

New Day ?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:58:01 PM

rickcraw must be the only one not having shojayxt put on ignore.

Congratz shoj .. you reached 1 reader

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Bitcoin_CFO

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

ROADMAP ?

As it is difficult to nail down specific dates, it could also be like "probably end of July", or "late next week"; or give dates, with a lot of buffer time.

Planned announcements, whitepapers, next versions, coin features, merchant adoption, conference talks, press conferences, google hangouts, games, competitions, etc. pp. ?

Thank you very much!

Dates are a bit fluid due to the fact that the coin is still in active development.  There will be setbacks and leaps forward, as is normal in a development setting.

The next release candidate, which you can read about here: /vwU28V]http://[Suspicious link removed]/vwU28V should be out sometime around the end of this month.  The anonymity improvements listed there have already been further improved upon (rather significantly) and should make it in at at the same time.  Details on those improvements will probably come out sometime this week, FYI.

After that the code will be audited by a well known party (name to be revealed shortly).  This person will report back on the viability of the Darksend code and mechanism, basically saying "yes this does everything they say it does" or "no, there are some issues and here's what they are."

Depending on the outcome of that audit, the last information I have from Evan is that he will take some time to double and triple check everything before moving into open source.

If that timeline changes, we will announce it on the darkcointalk.org Official Announcement forum, with links to it from our social media presences (Twitter, Facebook, G+, etc.).

-Chris
"Revealed Shortly" as in today?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:04:30 PM

ROADMAP ?

Thank you very much!

The next release candidate, which you can read about here: /vwU28V]http://[Suspicious link removed]/vwU28V should be out sometime around the end of this month.  The anonymity improvements listed there have already been further improved upon (rather significantly) and should make it in at at the same time.  Details on those improvements will probably come out sometime this week, FYI.

-Chris
"Revealed Shortly" as in today?

is it Satoshi Nakamoto ?

eltito

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:07:23 PM

I'm thinking of doing another joint MN, this one with 10 joint owners, 100DRK each, to let smaller holders benefit too. If anyone is interested PM me, I'll start another thread on bitcointalk for it and we can coordinate there... because checking poolhash once or twice a day and seeing your MN get paid feels pretty sweet, more people should have the opportunity!

So lets get this straight.  You made 29 darkcoin for operating masternodes that are required for darksend.  Yet nobody is actually using darksend for anything at this point.

According to this document which is the most recent available http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendDocumentation.pdf darksend is currently limited to a transaction size of 10 DRK.  Has that limit been lifted?  If so it would be a good idea for the dev team to make that information available.  If not then just what are masternodes doing at this point in time to earn 20%

Can anyone answer it?  If I'm incorrect about the 10 DRK limit please provide a link to any updated documentation outlining the features of darksend and the masternode network.

If darksend isn't going to be fully functional allowing users to send real transactions anonymously until RC4 which is supposedly due out at the end of July, why would masternode operators already be collecting 20% when RC4 hasn't been released?

Thanks

To ensure that there were enough functional Masternodes in operation going into lifting the Darksend limit.  Before payments went live we were under 200 Masternodes (fewer perhaps? I don't remember).  Immediately after payments went live it shot up to 300, then 400, 500 and last I looked we were over 600.

The more functional Masternodes, the more secure Darksend transactions are.  Paying them first is a way to incentivise their creation so the network is robust enough to handle what comes next.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:10:40 PM

Words which must people have already ignored.

To ensure that there were enough functional Masternodes in operation going into lifting the Darksend limit.  Before payments went live we were under 200 Masternodes (fewer perhaps? I don't remember).  Immediately after payments went live it shot up to 300, then 400, 500 and last I looked we were over 600.

The more functional Masternodes, the more secure Darksend transactions are.  Paying them first is a way to incentivise their creation so the network is robust enough to handle what comes next.

What are you new here? Your quoting the trolls.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:14:28 PM

07/14 18:30:26   101989 [1][2][3]   x11ltc1btccom03   equlto: XiFSHNMaaskVXHRsvoRbMWPDEjrv2jt7uz   0.601000

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

07/14 18:30:26   101989 [1][2][3]   x11ltc1btccom03   equlto: XiFSHNMaaskVXHRsvoRbMWPDEjrv2jt7uz   0.601000

can i conclude that they have updated to comply with the MN payments ?

eltito

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

I have no problem answering him when he asks reasonable questions.  That one brought his total up to 2!
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:19:26 PM

Hey, what gives?

Give, and you shall receive.

Dance donations, dance!

Not that anyone is gonna care, but I believe you are using an outdated backgroud from the original whitepaper  Wink

I take my job here very seriously. Which background would you suggest?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

Hey, what gives?

Dance donations, dance!

Not that anyone is gonna care, but I believe you are using an outdated backgroud from the original whitepaper  Wink

oh my, scrolling yr dancing girl up and down really really fast makes her dance topless. Great work !!

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

Thanks

People are using Darksend with <=10 DRK ...?  Did you really not know that?

If you read my post you would have noticed that I did mention the current 10 DRK limit when using darksend.  So basically people are just playing around with it and still testing.  

Thanks for answering my question.  So I am correct in my assertion that masternodes are collecting 20% during the testing phase.  That seems odd.  And it's going to continue for another couple weeks until RC4 is released?  Hmm,  makes perfect sense I guess if you're a masternode operator.  To anyone looking from the outside it looks much different.  Getting paid for something that isn't actually functional.  Okay.  

fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:31:22 PM

Hey, what gives?

Dance donations, dance!

Not sure if this the best of ideas, but I guess it is a good opportunity to post again the last darksend charts  Wink

I'll use the occasion to remind everyone to read what to expect from RC4:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-7th.1735/

And the comments Evan did a few days after that here:

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:33:35 PM

Hey, what gives?

Dance donations, dance!

Not sure if this the best of ideas, but I guess it is a good opportunity to post again the last darksend charts  Wink

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.

Thanks for this. I will try and let it slip into the coming GIFs...

I will see if I can find a sexy teacher that parades her junk in front of a chalkboard or something... could be fun.

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:33:45 PM

Thanks

Thanks
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:35:10 PM

Hey, what gives?

Dance donations, dance!

Thanks.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:36:33 PM

No they are not new here.  They were just answering a legitimate question.  Why do you have an issue with that?  What FUD was I spreading?

Did you see what you just did?  You disrespected another Darkcoin supporter just because they answered a question.

Lame
Pages: « 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: