Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 [2491] 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:23:00 AM

Go ahead, call me a troll.  You people are idiots.  Just because someone disagrees, doesn't make them a troll.  You both need to grow up but I'm done offering help.  Continue your fantasies and think that's reality.  I'll hope there are grown ups present that can address the real issues so you can continue to tilt at windmills or pee in a sandlot.

Now who's spitting the dummy?

You opened with "Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums."

First you called us fanatics, which I agree, the innovation and talents of the DRK team does cause people to follow with great loyalty, but the word "fanatic" is often confused for "dedicated".

Secondly, most of us knew the coin was going to correct after the May pump, and it's corrected and held good resistance around the .001 mark.  Before the pump began it was .0039 I believe, so again, the coin is still doing really well.

Then there was the "I can't quite put my finger on it but Dark is in the doldrums" comment.  Have you seen the masternode count recently?  The network is poised and ready for RC4, we are making Crypto history here.

Then you try and lecture us about regulation and how governments can crush a coin etc... Why come to the DRK thread and rattle your sabre?  If BTC goes down in a sea of regulatory red tape that's going to propel DRK to new heights quicker than we all imagined...

You want to be shown respect, give respect...

I think you've made some very pertinent points Ignition75 about Forceflow's posting and the mindset behind it. However, as someone that's read pretty much every page of this thread and is heavily invested in DRK, I do worry that all of us who are so excited and committed to Darkcoin are a bit over zealous in denouncing anyone that challenges us.

I'd like to see more accurate rebuttals of someone's bearish views on DRK, and some level of grace demonstrated when it's apparent they're here simply to muddy the water. Now we all know when you get someone who's so lacking in awareness of how governments work (i.e. that the public's perception of governments' power is as much about governments' maintenance of a smoke screen and the broad acquiescence of a public more interested in bread and circuses than standing up for their freedom) it's very hard within the limits of typing text in these response boxes to articulate why their "but the government won't allow it" statements are so naive.

But I think it would be better to try and correct misunderstandings rather than engagement in a "you're obviously a completely fuckwit" responses. I think some of the notions people we're labelling as "trolls" bring to this discussion need to be discussed.

For instance, it is possible that some sort of repeat of the 9/11 terrorist attack will happen and Darkcoin could get inexorably mixed up in the ensuing investigation and held up as a key funding facilitation mechanism the terrorists used. Do you think Darkcoin would be safe then? I expect the public backlash and draconian pursuing of everyone and anyone involved in Darkcoin would make the MacCarthyism communist witch hunts of the 1950s look tame by comparison. This is just one of the risks Darkcoin could be subject to. We need to take some of the notions people that come to this thread with and discuss them or we're all just on a continual "DRK DRK DRK. Give us a D, give us a K...." cheer leader session which ultimately isn't healthy.

Above all, let ensure we discuss all aspects right to the outer edges of the envelope so we all have the best chance of making this THE enduring crypto-currency of all time.

The problem is the BCT is full of trolls, idiots, morons, scammers and asshats.  Someone with a real interest or concern in any coin is going to get buried here.  If someone really wants to know more about dark or has questions/concerns they should vist darkcointalk.org

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:24:27 AM

I'd like to see more accurate rebuttals of someone's bearish views on DRK, and some level of grace demonstrated when it's apparent they're here simply to muddy the water.
The point is that this becomes obvious the moment someone brings up the price tag, as if it had anything to do with the matter...

When someone is led by price, and looks for answers in charts, they're coming at it from entirely the wrong end.

Yes, DRK will suffer the P&D as people with that mentality hit every abbreviation. But, it's got more going for it and none of the other shitcoins and empty promises do. This is why I went all in with more money than I guesstimate anyone in this thread has. The price means nothing and won't guide you to anything.

I give people the soft treatment at first. Read back a few hundred pages if you don't believe me. The trick is, the second I pin them to trolling price, they expose their true colors. Then, I take my gloves off. I don't come out swinging immediately. I've been exceptionally tolerant since RC3, and if a person has any brains at all, they already know why.

Yes, agree. Same for me camosoul. If you've been around for a while, had to deal with banks and gov' tax authorities, and the sheer wholesale brain-washing most people don't even know they've been subjected to (and 'live' on a daily basis), you start to realise how desperate governments and big businesses everywhere are to keep sheeple being sheeple.

I follow a couple of other threads for 'promising' coins but (based on my experience and knowledge of IT/software development) I can see that nothing's coming close to the sophistication and leadership within Darkcoin's team. This is a game changer and what's happening with the price at this early stage is about as relevant as the price Bitcoin was at in its first few months.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:31:16 AM

Go ahead, call me a troll.  You people are idiots.  Just because someone disagrees, doesn't make them a troll.  You both need to grow up but I'm done offering help.  Continue your fantasies and think that's reality.  I'll hope there are grown ups present that can address the real issues so you can continue to tilt at windmills or pee in a sandlot.

You opened with "Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums."

First you called us fanatics, which I agree, the innovation and talents of the DRK team does cause people to follow with great loyalty, but the word "fanatic" is often confused for "dedicated".

Secondly, most of us knew the coin was going to correct after the May pump, and it's corrected and held good resistance around the .001 mark.  Before the pump began it was .0039 I believe, so again, the coin is still doing really well.

Then there was the "I can't quite put my finger on it but Dark is in the doldrums" comment.  Have you seen the masternode count recently?  The network is poised and ready for RC4, we are making Crypto history here.

Then you try and lecture us about regulation and how governments can crush a coin etc... Why come to the DRK thread and rattle your sabre?  If BTC goes down in a sea of regulatory red tape that's going to propel DRK to new heights quicker than we all imagined...

I think you've made some very pertinent points Ignition75 about Forceflow's posting and the mindset behind it. However, as someone that's read pretty much every page of this thread and is heavily invested in DRK, I do worry that all of us who are so excited and committed to Darkcoin are a bit over zealous in denouncing anyone that challenges us.

I'd like to see more accurate rebuttals of someone's bearish views on DRK, and some level of grace demonstrated when it's apparent they're here simply to muddy the water. Now we all know when you get someone who's so lacking in awareness of how governments work (i.e. that the public's perception of governments' power is as much about governments' maintenance of a smoke screen and the broad acquiescence of a public more interested in bread and circuses than standing up for their freedom) it's very hard within the limits of typing text in these response boxes to articulate why their "but the government won't allow it" statements are so naive.

But I think it would be better to try and correct misunderstandings rather than engagement in a "you're obviously a completely fuckwit" responses. I think some of the notions people we're labelling as "trolls" bring to this discussion need to be discussed.

For instance, it is possible that some sort of repeat of the 9/11 terrorist attack will happen and Darkcoin could get inexorably mixed up in the ensuing investigation and held up as a key funding facilitation mechanism the terrorists used. Do you think Darkcoin would be safe then? I expect the public backlash and draconian pursuing of everyone and anyone involved in Darkcoin would make the MacCarthyism communist witch hunts of the 1950s look tame by comparison. This is just one of the risks Darkcoin could be subject to. We need to take some of the notions people that come to this thread with and discuss them or we're all just on a continual "DRK DRK DRK. Give us a D, give us a K...." cheer leader session which ultimately isn't healthy.

Above all, let ensure we discuss all aspects right to the outer edges of the envelope so we all have the best chance of making this THE enduring crypto-currency of all time.

The problem is the BCT is full of trolls, idiots, morons, scammers and asshats.  Someone with a real interest or concern in any coin is going to get buried here.  If someone really wants to know more about dark or has questions/concerns they should vist darkcointalk.org

I can see a police line-up....a troll, an idiot, a moron, a scammer and an "asshat". The attending police officer says to the victim "Do any of these look like the one that done it to ya?" The victim studies them in detail, stroking his chin carefully, and pronounces "I think they're all guilty, but that one on the end, asshat....he looks particularly like the one....."

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:35:20 AM

The problem is the BCT is full of trolls, idiots, morons, scammers and asshats.  Someone with a real interest or concern in any coin is going to get buried here.  If someone really wants to know more about dark or has questions/concerns they should vist darkcointalk.org

Additionally id like to add, 99% of this stuff has been discussed to death already. Its not just 2600 pages of trolls.

The smart genuine investors with serious money would do their due diligence, research and know most of the answers and formed their own opinions already.

And yes - if you want proper information and discussion go to Darkcoin talk, there is over 1400 members and very active. Why come here where keeping track and wading through the BS posts is hard.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:12:27 AM

Just about everything bad, ever, has involved cash. That's all DRK boils down to - cash 2.0

(That governments can't print on demand.  Cool)

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:29:05 AM

I am indeed now looking at OpenBazaar. Their approach is a bit different to what I had intended, but the more the merrier so I have sent them this email:

Hi,

I have been looking at this project and wondered if you had considered Darkcoin either instead of or in addition to Bitcoin as a payment option? Bitcoin as you are aware is at best 'pseudononymous,' and is increasingly subject to attempts at regulation.

Darkcoin offers genuinely anonymous transactions, has a real and talented developer (Evan Duffield) and a fantastic community at www.darkcointalk.org.

Darkcoin's anonymous transactions (Darksend, now Darksend+ with the upcoming RC4 release) are facilitated by a distributed network of Masternodes, currently numbering over 800, which could also easily host anything OpenBazaar needed for a scalable and resilient backbone. Each Masternode is privately owned and administrated, and run on (usually) a rented VPS.

The Masternodes are a fantastic resource and I am sure that a great many Masternode ops (probably the vast majority) would be delighted to run whatever you wanted them to – we share the OpenBazaar philosophy of privacy to trade without governmental oversight and coercion.

I ask because I am also working on a python p2p distributed marketplace with a view to putting all those Masternode servers to good use, but I am an amateur free-time coder and you guys are far further along than I am!

If you were to drop by at darkcointalk.org you would get a very warm welcome and there are lots of folk there far more talented than I who might be useful to your project. Please swing by if you get a minute, I think Darkcoin is a perfect fit for OpenBazaar and I hope you will too.

Kind regards,

That was a really nicely written invitation, thanks for doing that Smiley

Thanks Tante - here's the reply:

Thanks for reaching out. For now, OpenBazaar is going to be Bitcoin only, but as it's an open-source project we welcome folks to either fork and make their own alt-coin specific marketplace or submit pull requests to incorporate another type of currency into OpenBazaar itself.

We're busting ass to try and get beta launched by the end of the month, so we're going to be narrowly focused on Bitcoin for the forseeable future, but please take a look at the code and feel free to reach out to us in a few months when we're better able to consider incorporating alt-coins.

As to your own marketplace, if you want to consider helping us build OpenBazaar then forking when it's built, we're not opposed to that. We need all the help we can get!

Cheers,

Sam Patterson

- Like I said earlier,  this stuff is time consuming, but I'll try and familiarise myself with the OpenBazaar code because I don't think it will actually be that hard to make it Darkcoin-centric once I've found my way around it.

I strongly suspect that it's not just me and the OpenBazaar guys working on this stuff though, LOL... one way or another we're going to have decentralised markets pretty soon...  Smiley
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 07:43:02 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 08:02:53 AM by camosoul

Just about everything bad, ever, has involved cash. That's all DRK boils down to - cash 2.0

(That governments can't print on demand.  Cool)
This.

Name something bad that did not involve cash. Even faux-bad like selling weed, in the government's own defective eyes... It's own cash being used for it... All the way to fake wars started by false flags and greed. A lot of someones got paid in good ol' denominated guvpaper for every single bit of it.

If DRK's Cash 2.0 nature is "bad" then the cash we already have is Satan's Klenex. That's what makes it green, didn't you know?

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

Been watching testnet...

Looks like the rare vanishing MN problem may be responsible for the equally occurring false collateral fees... C'mon Evan, you can nail this one... Been nagging for a while now. It's not a coincidence. That nagging MN problem that only rarely happens is where you should be looking, not banging your head against mixing code that works just fine... ;-) It's not the client disconnecting, it's the MN!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
dont take

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:07:49 AM

i have waited the new version for a long time,but it's ok coz i'm a fun of DRK!
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

Just thought I'd give a friendly heads up.

Nonsense:
"We are currently working on Encrypted Messaging. We will keep you posted on all developments and progress."
copy from their webpage

nothing working, just promises as everybody else !

Croutons Continuing Comedy Coding Cataclysm - Masternode Tools v0.3 has p2p encrypted chat. Took me most of Sunday evening IIRC. 

You should've released a new coin with premine and your state-of-art p2p chat and you'd be up $100k by now.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:14:19 AM

Nonsense:
"We are currently working on Encrypted Messaging. We will keep you posted on all developments and progress."
copy from their webpage

Croutons Continuing Comedy Coding Cataclysm - Masternode Tools v0.3 has p2p encrypted chat. Took me most of Sunday evening IIRC.  
You should've released a new coin with premine and your state-of-art p2p chat and you'd be up $100k by now.
Say "paradigm" a few times and add another zero..

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:17:02 AM

Nonsense:
copy from their webpage

Well the shadowcoin messaging is 'instant' apparently whereas my own is regrettably still subject to lightspeed and network latency, clearly I'm not in their league...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:18:23 AM

Nonsense:
copy from their webpage

Well the shadowcoin messaging is 'instant' apparently whereas my own is regrettably still subject to lightspeed and network latency, clearly I'm not in their league...
You're just an incompetent dev. Anyone who uses your software is an idiot cultist.

[/sarcasm]

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:28:38 AM

Been watching testnet...

Looks like the rare vanishing MN problem may be responsible for the equally occurring false collateral fees... C'mon Evan, you can nail this one... Been nagging for a while now. It's not a coincidence. That nagging MN problem that only rarely happens is where you should be looking, not banging your head against mixing code that works just fine... ;-) It's not the client disconnecting, it's the MN!

Yep Evan is definitely getting there - looks to be a race condition - and they are hard to troubleshoot!

Hopefully version 15 will address this and we are stable!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:35:56 AM

(That governments can't print on demand.  Cool)

Stuff governments try to ban:

1. Drugs
2. Prostitution
3. Money laundering
4. Unlicensed arms
5. Slavery
6. Online gambling
7. Pirates
8. Copyright theft
9. Bank robbery
10. Insider trading

Give me an example of one of the above where they have succeeded.

Darkcoin is going to be regulated (except in Russia where everyone will get banned).

The darkcoin network is like anything legal, people use it and people misuse it. Those that uses it illegally, well they go to jail if they get caught. 
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 09:40:43 AM

The wallet I have on testnet took a long time to denominate but worked in the end. The denomination process took 4.5 hours, as in, nothing happening for 4 hours then 30 minutes of denomination split up the coins.

After that I ended up with virtually all coins denominated:

I had one collateral fee hit of 0.026 and 8 x 0.001 in denomination fees.

Overall, the system appears to be working.  Smiley

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:59:16 AM

DRK is not about supporting illegal activity.  DRK is about privacy.  This is of fundamental importance to all users.

DRK's privacy mechanism is not based on smoke and mirrors, but on the well-known, tried and tested CoinJoin technique.  Additionally, in terms of disk space, DRK has a algorithmic efficiency (by using real existing transactions) that CryptoNote-based coins do not have (because they generate false cover transactions that bloat the blockchain further).

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

DRK is not about supporting illegal activity.  DRK is about privacy.  This is of fundamental importance to all users.

DRK's privacy mechanism is not based on smoke and mirrors, but on the well-known, tried and tested CoinJoin technique.  Additionally, in terms of disk space, DRK has a algorithmic efficiency (by using real existing transactions) that CryptoNote-based coins do not have (because they generate false cover transactions that bloat the blockchain further).
+1. The really extreme views are people who say that we can't have privacy in our financial dealings. That's extreme. Democracy has always been based on individual rights - to vote in private, to conduct our financial dealings in private, to have freedom of speech.  There is a presumption of innocence and people cannot be treated as criminals until they've been convicted by a court of law. Giving up personal rights to centralised authorities leaves people vulnerable when centralised authorities are co-opted and corrupted.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:12:16 AM

The wallet I have on testnet took a long time to denominate but worked in the end. The denomination process took 4.5 hours, as in, nothing happening for 4 hours then 30 minutes of denomination split up the coins.

How many rounds ?
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:15:21 AM

How many rounds ?
Min of 2 and max of 6. Randomly, it would appear.

Pages: « 1 ... 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 [2491] 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: