Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:03:59 AM

Spam

Quit spamming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:07:04 AM

The trolls are back. This is good for Drk. It's a buy signal.

Edit: I think there are about 30k of Drks held by trolls and PnDs, that shift between the different coins.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:09:01 AM

Hi everybody. I think it is time we start talking about making a darkcoin video explainer.

Im interested to know if any of you have experience in that department and would like to help.

Especially if you have any storyboarding experience. I guess that is where we would start.

There is a thread over at darkcointalk that is dedicated to this. If you want to help  Smiley

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-video.333/

First we need to decide what should be included in the explainer, any ideas ?

(It would help allot if we keep the discussion mostly over at darkcointalk, just so great ideas wont get lost on this thread)

Wink

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:09:53 AM

Edit: I think there are about 30k of Drks held by trolls and PnDs, that shift between the different coins.
Only 30K? Weak...

If their shitcoins weren't shitcoins, they wouldn't have to come to a real coin's thread to advertise...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:11:11 AM

Hi everybody. I think it is time we start talking about making a darkcoin video explainer.
You point is not only taken, but already agreed upon. The matter is that DRK is a moving target. It's a coin under heavy development that has been adopted well ahead of being ready to be adopted... Make a video and it might be completely false come September...

2600, cool mag...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:16:27 AM

First off, let me state that I hold a ton of Dark... and I don't know about you guys, but I'm taking a serious look at ShadowCoin.

They have already released ShadowChat (instant p2p encrypted messaging).  They are releasing ShadowSend (anonymous transactions via uniquely implemented dual-key stealth addresses soon to be layered with zk-snarks) this Thursday.  And they just announced the first-ever fully scalable & fully functional mobile PoS wallet, to be released Tuesday 8/12/14.  Their mobile wallet will be the first-ever to support staking, and anonymous instant messaging & transfers...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg8206392#msg8206392

Just thought I'd give a friendly heads up.

Shadowcoin is gay. And BTW Librexcoin has a mobile staking wallet. Also We prefer mining our coins to staking, staking is gay.

Hope my comments didnt offend anyone here... Cheesy

Could you please enlighten me on your comment in light of your signature?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:19:33 AM

Im interested to know if any of you have experience in that department and would like to help.

Especially if you have any storyboarding experience. I guess that is where we would start.

There is a thread over at darkcointalk that is dedicated to this. If you want to help  Smiley

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-video.333/

First we need to decide what should be included in the explainer, any ideas ?

(It would help allot if we keep the discussion mostly over at darkcointalk, just so great ideas wont get lost on this thread)

Wink
Since this will probably be viewed as frivolity, I will post it here:

If we can pay Summer Glau for half a day of studio time, we've won.

Hey, we raised a thousand DRK for Kristov Atlas, imagine if Summer Glau had her own Masternode...
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

Troll quoting is an offence punishable by others using the ignore button on you.  Smiley

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:20:23 AM

Only 30K? Weak...

If their shitcoins weren't shitcoins, they wouldn't have to come to a real coin's thread to advertise...

+1

I'd imagine it would drive them nuts staring at the DRK thread post count all day waiting for their coin to get some attention...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:21:11 AM

Only 30K? Weak...

Aaaand, swish! Wish there was less "friendly, helpful" advice around here.

Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:22:34 AM

Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums.  No matter how much innovation or development, the price has been low.  At least the nethash is strong but I fear that's primarily because its summer in most of the mining world and people need to live with their GPUs.  Once that passes, I wonder how many will switch to other algos like Scrypt-N...

I am by no means an expert, but it looks to me like the price has gone down on fairly low volume. Most DRK users are holding or buying right now, not many people want to sell. I don't think that all of the current sell orders for DRK are even real, they will get pulled. The sell orders are being used to keep the price low so that somebody can continue to accumulate cheap coins. When we do get a real trend reversal, we will go up quite fast imo. Then again, I may totally wrong, I am still quite new to speculating.

Thank you for providing a substantive response! I agree that it went down on low volume -- clearly there are lots of DRK holders that refuse to sell for such low prices (if at all). I am one of them, but I see tons of innovation and I don't see the market reacting like they did before.  I say doldrums because the volume is so low, its like DRK hasn't excited or captivated people like it used to and that makes me wonder why.  If people are accumulating cheap coins, then that person is looking to further manipulate price but why aren't others buying and thereby driving the price past that person's buy wall?  Rising tides raise all ships.  Something else is going on that I can't put my finger on.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:28:29 AM

All these new accounts asking experienced thought provoking questions...

Things that make you go Hmmmm....

Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:31:10 AM

Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums.  No matter how much innovation or development, the price has been low.  At least the nethash is strong but I fear that's primarily because its summer in most of the mining world and people need to live with their GPUs.  Once that passes, I wonder how many will switch to other algos like Scrypt-N...
I am by no means an expert, but it looks to me like the price has gone down on fairly low volume. Most DRK users are holding or buying right now, not many people want to sell. I don't think that all of the current sell orders for DRK are even real, they will get pulled. The sell orders are being used to keep the price low so that somebody can continue to accumulate cheap coins. When we do get a real trend reversal, we will go up quite fast imo. Then again, I may totally wrong, I am still quite new to speculating.
I don't know why people care about this... You're speculating on the wrong thing.

RC3 got flubbed. More than once. DRK has the fundamentals, but "safe investors" fear the execution.

RC3 being flubbed is not really Evan's fault. DRK offers so much that people were adopting it way before it was meant to be. Can't help that people jump on trains they should not jump on. Much was forced upon Evan before its time as a result of this. This is why RC3 flubbed. DRK is still a product in the very early stages of development, but the unwashed masses just can't get it through their heads. Add in the shitcoiners that pay no attention to anything at all ever, they just pump and dump waves of abbreviations they don't even read about...

Fundamentals. What is the coin made of? Dev team?

This has people spooked. Everyone who understands Evan and company's persistence and the gravity of the project are already all in. Those who don't, but recognize what it can become, are waiting before the throw their whale wads at it. The price since the 2nd RC3 flub has been dictated by nothing but low volume shitcoin pump and dumpers who have absolutely no clue about the coin. Everyone who is actually worth a shit is either holding, accumulating, or waiting. It's just another abbreviation to pump and dump until then.

If you're looking at the price tag for answers, you're not going to find them. This is not a shitcoin. Ignore that crap and focus on the fundamentals and you can't help but understand it instantly...

I think the "safe investors" are merely seeing the writing on the wall with the NYDFS regs and other regs banning anonymous transactions and regulating crypto.  That is the biggest threat to DRK and I don't see much community action or acknowledgement.  You can do RC1000 but it will only further aggravate the regulatory environment and cripple DRK's ability to integrate itself into the real money like BTC has done.  Sometimes innovations backfire and I think the market not only reacted poorly to the hamfisted multiple forks that resulted from prior innovation but also the changing regulatory environment that is targeting Tor and other anonymous innovations.\

It isn't a distraction or wrong focus.  Price, like it or not, is the measure by which the wider community passes judgment on coins.  DRK excited everyone, it wasn't just pump and dump assholes, it was genuine excitement about where DRK was going. I was mining DRK long before the pump but yea, I sold when it reached .02.  I sold some more at .025, but I held on from there. I still think DRK has a future, but I wonder where the community's priorities are and why its so insular.  That insularity is leading DRK to a place that may cripple it.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:33:14 AM

Don't forget the ones who are concerned about your financial prudence aka Concern Troll
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:39:03 AM

Don't forget the ones who are concerned about your financial prudence aka Concern Troll

Hahaha!  That's Brilliant...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:51:06 AM

I am indeed now looking at OpenBazaar. Their approach is a bit different to what I had intended, but the more the merrier so I have sent them this email:

Hi,

I have been looking at this project and wondered if you had considered Darkcoin either instead of or in addition to Bitcoin as a payment option? Bitcoin as you are aware is at best 'pseudononymous,' and is increasingly subject to attempts at regulation.

Darkcoin offers genuinely anonymous transactions, has a real and talented developer (Evan Duffield) and a fantastic community at www.darkcointalk.org.

Darkcoin's anonymous transactions (Darksend, now Darksend+ with the upcoming RC4 release) are facilitated by a distributed network of Masternodes, currently numbering over 800, which could also easily host anything OpenBazaar needed for a scalable and resilient backbone. Each Masternode is privately owned and administrated, and run on (usually) a rented VPS.

The Masternodes are a fantastic resource and I am sure that a great many Masternode ops (probably the vast majority) would be delighted to run whatever you wanted them to – we share the OpenBazaar philosophy of privacy to trade without governmental oversight and coercion.

I ask because I am also working on a python p2p distributed marketplace with a view to putting all those Masternode servers to good use, but I am an amateur free-time coder and you guys are far further along than I am!

If you were to drop by at darkcointalk.org you would get a very warm welcome and there are lots of folk there far more talented than I who might be useful to your project. Please swing by if you get a minute, I think Darkcoin is a perfect fit for OpenBazaar and I hope you will too.

Kind regards,

That was a really nicely written invitation, thanks for doing that Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:55:51 AM

Looking good !
tx for the update !! .....
Chanting with the whole family:
4 4 4 4  .....  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Heh.

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day, and all the patients
were shouting, "13...13....13...13."
The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks and
looked through to see what was going on.
Some idiot poked me in the eye with a stick.
Then they all started shouting. "14...14...14...14...".

I can't ... stop .... Laughing!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:00:24 AM

I'm a DRK hodler with a modest 400 drk.  I say this so you know I'm not trolling.

I saw where it was mentioned that the miners get some of the fees....how would a miner get the fee??!?   

Thanks

When the miners mine, they collect all the fees involved in that block, and once the block is solved, they pay 20% of the total to the masternodes.  This is going to be enforced by the masternodes, I believe.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

I don't know why people care about this... You're speculating on the wrong thing.

RC3 got flubbed. More than once. DRK has the fundamentals, but "safe investors" fear the execution.

RC3 being flubbed is not really Evan's fault. DRK offers so much that people were adopting it way before it was meant to be. Can't help that people jump on trains they should not jump on. Much was forced upon Evan before its time as a result of this. This is why RC3 flubbed. DRK is still a product in the very early stages of development, but the unwashed masses just can't get it through their heads. Add in the shitcoiners that pay no attention to anything at all ever, they just pump and dump waves of abbreviations they don't even read about...

Fundamentals. What is the coin made of? Dev team?

This has people spooked. Everyone who understands Evan and company's persistence and the gravity of the project are already all in. Those who don't, but recognize what it can become, are waiting before the throw their whale wads at it. The price since the 2nd RC3 flub has been dictated by nothing but low volume shitcoin pump and dumpers who have absolutely no clue about the coin. Everyone who is actually worth a shit is either holding, accumulating, or waiting. It's just another abbreviation to pump and dump until then.

If you're looking at the price tag for answers, you're not going to find them. This is not a shitcoin. Ignore that crap and focus on the fundamentals and you can't help but understand it instantly...

I think the "safe investors" are merely seeing the writing on the wall with the NYDFS regs and other regs banning anonymous transactions and regulating crypto.  That is the biggest threat to DRK and I don't see much community action or acknowledgement.  You can do RC1000 but it will only further aggravate the regulatory environment and cripple DRK's ability to integrate itself into the real money like BTC has done.  Sometimes innovations backfire and I think the market not only reacted poorly to the hamfisted multiple forks that resulted from prior innovation but also the changing regulatory environment that is targeting Tor and other anonymous innovations.\

It isn't a distraction or wrong focus.  Price, like it or not, is the measure by which the wider community passes judgment on coins.  DRK excited everyone, it wasn't just pump and dump assholes, it was genuine excitement about where DRK was going. I was mining DRK long before the pump but yea, I sold when it reached .02.  I sold some more at .025, but I held on from there. I still think DRK has a future, but I wonder where the community's priorities are and why its so insular.  That insularity is leading DRK to a place that may cripple it.
I don't think so. Defiance is Duty when Law becomes Tyranny.

Maybe the good little sheeple of the world won't adopt it. I don't care. It's a currency, not a money hose investment. People keep losing sight of that... Nobody with a brain cares if it achieves mass adoption. I hold a fuckton of DRKs. Not because I want to become a millionaire, but because I want to support Defiance.

Regulations won't do anything. Governments can only make a fool of themselves trying to catch or control crypto.

If you don't like where DRK is going, buy SheepleCoin instead.

NY has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. They like to control and dominate up there. See the pattern? NY is not the world. It's just a few square miles. Every gun I own is illegal there. I don't care if they ban my money, too. It's a shit hole place and no one worth a damn would live there intentionally.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:01:08 AM

I say this so you know I'm not trolling.

Show without the tell... Nobody accused you of trolling, which means you came with the intention to troll...

Nope, just a little gun-shy.

Can you answer the question?

Don't blame you, it gets ugly over here sometimes Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: