Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:45:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 07:14:10 PM

So let me see if I understand you correctly, if one doesn't share your mindless conformity mindset is a tin-foil hat crazies and acts like rude, abusive 7 year olds.
You know when someone comes to a community offering help with an elevated sense of self righteousness by starting offending its members it is usually received with a defensive/agressive kind of argument. You know this don't you?
A perspective about how reality works is just that, a perspective, not truth.

Just a tip as Ignition75 said: You want to be shown respect, give respect... and maybe, just maybe you should let that sink in before you expose your weaknesses again...
Again, you apparently don't understand (probably because your brain is shutdown).  I gave no disrespect until I was given it.  There is a cause and effect but you missed the cause and only look to the effect.
All I understand is that you fail to see the cause... perhaps you should revisit your first two posts in this thread... maybe the cause you used to justify the effect didn't originate in the words of the "fanatics" in this thread...
Precisely why he is on my ignore list after those two posts... He came here to troll price, ignorant of everything that matters, insists everyone else is as blind and arrogant as he is... Haven't got time for people like that.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

Oh please. You're just a transparent concern troll trying to talk down the price of DRK, or lay the groundwork to talk up the coin in your bags. You aren't clever and you aren't insightful. You're one of a thousand to saunter through here. Yawn.
Lols. Your armchair psychology has fallen a little short.

/ignore

By all means, ignore away if it suits you.

I stand by my assessment of Forceflow and his ilk. These newbie, concern troll accounts are a bloody plague.

camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:31:50 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 08:53:20 PM by camosoul

Oh please. You're just a transparent concern troll trying to talk down the price of DRK, or lay the groundwork to talk up the coin in your bags. You aren't clever and you aren't insightful. You're one of a thousand to saunter through here. Yawn.

/ignore

I stand by my assessment of Forceflow and his ilk. These newbie, concern troll accounts are a bloody plague.
This is why you're on ignore, too.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:00:33 PM

/ignore

Double proof.

LOL I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sure it makes complete sense inside that mighty brain of yours. Carry on.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:15:19 PM

Post public release of darkcoin's code, there will be multiple forks of Darkcoin. Darkcoin will be number 1. So, even if Gov't tries to shutdown Drk, anonymous coins will already be out of the bottle with no way of stuffing it back in.
I was going to predict that eventually, the government will sanction it's own crypto currency, a fork off of DRK, however, I realize that they actually NEED the flexibility to rob the system.  But maybe they can warp the masternode system to their advantage?  If they owned all the masternodes and miners (probably a PoS).... yah... they can do it.

I don't think I would use it...

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:32:09 PM

All I can think is poor Russia.  Putin, an ex-KGB head, is taking them right back down into hell.  What a bastard.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:38:56 PM

Anybody hear anything from CHAOSITEC?  Really curious about his latest project!

I have!  (raises hand, jumps up and down in seat)  Grin

He is currently the go to guy in the development team.  He is also brainstorming with the others and helping out here and there.  Doesn't sound exciting, but he is very involved and Evan is waiting to see what project he'll take on eventually.

That's what I heard Cheesy

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:45:14 PM

What does it say?

conf

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

Start reading from Page 138 ...
Its in english Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

All I can think is poor Russia.  Putin, an ex-KGB head, is taking them right back down into hell.  What a bastard.
Russia will be fine. They'll sell oil and gas to china. It's Europe that's stuffed. Sorry to say but the US led sanctions are hurting Europe. This, I suspect, could accelerate de-dollarisation.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:20:29 PM

Besides, the bitcoin does not represent any threat to the global financial stability, given its negligible money stock, just worth a few billions of dollars, as opposed to several billions of billions of dollars for main international currencies. In short, today, the bitcoin seems to be more like a niche speculative asset than a credible alternative to money. And as for the few Monoprix retail shops that accept bitcoins as a means of payment, this is probably not much more than an advertising campaign…

It remembers me the famous quote:

(...) Stores will become obselete. So how come my local mall does more business in an afternoon than the entire Internet handles in a month? Even if there were a trustworthy way to send money over the Internet–which there isn’t–the network is missing a most essential ingredient of capitalism: salespeople.

http://www.newsweek.com/clifford-stoll-why-web-wont-be-nirvana-185306
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:24:20 PM

******** Alert **********

Things are starting to look interesting.

[1] - DRK has succeeded in fending off competition (I say that even while being more invested in the competition than DRK - not in BTC terms but in alt coin terms)

[2] - they are unlikely now to eat any further into DRK's marketcap since there is at best equal mileage in development terms across all "anon" coins, while DRK remains at 4 times the "cap" of its nearest competitor. The market doesn't just "de-invest" itself of the market leader for no reason at all

[3] - Italy just posted a Q2 GDP contraction which is lighting up amber alerts trading desks across Europe. What is the problem with this ? It's that Europe is already suffering from deflation, due partly to Mr Draghi's "transmission problem" - the failure of central bank monetary expansion to trigger the multiplier effect in the commercial banking sector and expand the monetary base to at least give the **impression** of economic growth, even though it's not represented by an actual increase in economic activity. This is good for crypto because it may mean the stock market is topping-off and all that money will start looking for escape routes, primarily into commodities of which cryptos qualify as a target.

In this regard, new investors from Fiat will invest in market leaders, not followers.

[4] - DRK has had several weeks now to test its "bottom", for 2 reasons.

a) - post-pump consolidation
b) - fear driven exits to potential competition compounded by a period of un-newsworthy industrial work in progress on Darkcoin

This period of "un-newsworthyness" is coming to an end. The price has had its chance to plummet and hasn't taken it. DRK remains at 400% the market cap of its nearest competitor and is on the verge of moving into a new phase of actual real world deployment. If it didn't loose its lead in the last few weeks then it sure isn't going to do so from now on.

This isn't unexpected because - as I've pointed out in numerous posts on this and other forums - "originals" rarely loose their lead in a given market sector unless some kind of calamity befalls them. Even Litecoin remains at its number 2 position despite being far less unique than DRK in technical characteristics.

In view of all this, I'm therefore going to start dis-investing myself of the hedge positions I had in other "anon" coins and begin to consolidate further my DRK holdings. I recommend all other readers of this thread to do the same.

This is the beginning, not the end. Things are starting to move - not least due to world events outside of crypto.

I think you are smart enough to have to work a bit harder than this.

What gives currency value? Interest rates? Confidence in the issuing country and its macro economic situation?

What gives gold its value beyond speculation and a hedge against inflation? Underlying demand for gold?

What gives crypto its value where all the above are absent?

With Darkcoin, Master Nodes and added services such as Enigma 2.0 are income generating. They give a real rate of return. In the event that these and other services, in addition to the underlying demand for cash over the internet, come on stream within the next 3-18 months what is the enterprise value of Darkcoin at its current start-up phase?

If Darkcoin were to find its way onto second market, what would investors be thinking about the future prospects of Darkcoin and what value would they speculative put on its PE? What is the PE of software based firms like Twitter, Facebook and Netflix?

By all manner of benchmarks, Darkcoin should be over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m.

Interesting ideas coins101. I certainly think confidence is the overarching attribute that will define the value of DRK. The income generating facets are very important and key. But the implementation of DRK's updates and freedom from major problems will be fundamental to confidence.

Re this...

If Darkcoin were to find its way onto second market, what would investors be thinking about the future prospects of Darkcoin and what value would they speculative put on its PE? What is the PE of software based firms like Twitter, Facebook and Netflix?

By all manner of benchmarks, Darkcoin should be over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m.

...can you elaborate further? How would you apply any PE measurement at this early stage? And what makes you think the market cap should be "over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m"? Thanks.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:40:11 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 10:52:22 PM by qwizzie

Darkcoin is targetting Litecoin with regards to marketcap.

Current marketcap for Litecoin : 222 million  (without developer still being innovative)
Current marketcap for Darkcoin :  25.7 million (with highly active developer and very innovative aspects)

When Darkcoin started it gained 50 million marketcap very fast while DarkSend still being in development .. so Darkcoin
getting a marketcap between 25.7 million and 75 million some weeks / months after successfull implementation of RC4 (with fully working DarkSend+)
seems reachable.

Then we need to focus on overpassing the 222 million marketcap of Litecoin through marketing / promoting Darkcoin to Merchants
 (or maybe a lot of Litecoin bagholders will join Darkcoin at that time.. who knows)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
clayop

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

v0.10.12.16 works a great! Prepare impending update!  Cool

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-63
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:53:30 PM

v0.10.12.16 works a great! Prepare impending update!  Cool

i'm like refreshing that page 63 every minute waiting for the windows 32 bit CI-builds for v0.10.12.16 Smiley

note : we are talking about testing RC4 on testnet here

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

Testnet only! Do not use on main net!
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

luigi1111 do you mean me or Ignition75 (or Forceflow perhaps)? Ha!
If it's me, thanks, I'd like to post more often.

He's talking about you :-)

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

My diction is 100% accurate.  Fanatic is all I see.  I am not bearish on DRK either, I believe it has great potential.  Just because I am not a religious true believer should not enable the pro-DRK trolls to act like rude, abusive 7 year olds.  That kind of group mindset leads to disasters.  Similarly, because I don't have a "government is the devil" mindset, I probably understand how it works a bit more accurately than the tin-foil hat crazies that predominate this thread.  You can believe in something religiously but then you've probably lost all perspective about it.

If everyone shared the perspective of RenegadeMan, perhaps DRK could truly become something special, not just in terms of privacy but also a viable challenger to BTC.  Instead, I chose to use some of my time to steer the discussion towards some issues I felt were ignored and I see why.  You'd rather keep yourselves in darkness.  Fine.  There are consequences to insularity and single-mindedness and crushing diversity only leads to encouraging more of your goose-stepping fascism.  Ironic.  Hypocritical.

Further, I was attacked from my first post on.  While my first post may have been provocative, nothing was incendiary.  Fanatic is not inaccurate, its proven quite accurate in fact based on the childish narrow-minded responses. Keep your silly thread going on about a "privacy" and only that.  Keep driving people away until you're left with only people who share your views.  I'm now quite pessimistic about the DRK community (more like savages than a civilized community).  As far as the coin, I still reserve further judgment.

We are not fanatics, we are dedicated investors and followers of this project.

If you want meaningful discussion then perhaps take a leaf out of Renegademan's book and come here posting questions/thoughts/discussions in a respectful manner...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
clayop

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:05:41 PM

Testnet only! Do not use on main net!

+111111

If you want to play with the test version, just make darkcoin.conf in %Appdata%\User\Roaming\Darkcoin folder, then add a line "testnet=1" in the conf file. You will see Yellow colored splash screen and have test DRK address (starts with m or n)
clayop

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:07:57 PM

v0.10.12.16 works a great! Prepare impending update!  Cool

i'm like refreshing that page 63 every minute waiting for the windows 32 bit CI-builds for v0.10.12.16 Smiley

note : we are talking about testing RC4 on testnet here

Same as me! Keep refreshing Smiley

EDIT: It's done!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: