Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 [2492] 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:17:52 AM

I think you've made some very pertinent points Ignition75 about Forceflow's posting and the mindset behind it. However, as someone that's read pretty much every page of this thread and is heavily invested in DRK, I do worry that all of us who are so excited and committed to Darkcoin are a bit over zealous in denouncing anyone that challenges us.

I hear you brother, I didn't like the tone of the challenge, so I met disrespect with disrespect...

I'd like to see more accurate rebuttals of someone's bearish views on DRK, and some level of grace demonstrated when it's apparent they're here simply to muddy the water. Now we all know when you get someone who's so lacking in awareness of how governments work (i.e. that the public's perception of governments' power is as much about governments' maintenance of a smoke screen and the broad acquiescence of a public more interested in bread and circuses than standing up for their freedom) it's very hard within the limits of typing text in these response boxes to articulate why their "but the government won't allow it" statements are so naive.

But I think it would be better to try and correct misunderstandings rather than engagement in a "you're obviously a completely fuckwit" responses. I think some of the notions people we're labelling as "trolls" bring to this discussion need to be discussed.

For instance, it is possible that some sort of repeat of the 9/11 terrorist attack will happen and Darkcoin could get inexorably mixed up in the ensuing investigation and held up as a key funding facilitation mechanism the terrorists used. Do you think Darkcoin would be safe then? I expect the public backlash and draconian pursuing of everyone and anyone involved in Darkcoin would make the MacCarthyism communist witch hunts of the 1950s look tame by comparison. This is just one of the risks Darkcoin could be subject to. We need to take some of the notions people that come to this thread with and discuss them or we're all just on a continual "DRK DRK DRK. Give us a D, give us a K...." cheer leader session which ultimately isn't healthy.

Above all, let ensure we discuss all aspects right to the outer edges of the envelope so we all have the best chance of making this THE enduring crypto-currency of all time.

I fully expect the witch hunt to happen against Crypto in general, I'm not sure they'll come after DarkCoin however, if I was a betting man, I would bet on it being BTC...

How that effects DRK is another matter entirely, it could weaken it or carry it to new heights...  That would be an interesting discussion IMO...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:23:04 AM

The wallet I have on testnet took a long time to denominate but worked in the end. The denomination process took 4.5 hours, as in, nothing happening for 4 hours then 30 minutes of denomination split up the coins.

I had one collateral fee hit of 0.026 and 8 x 0.001 in denomination fees.

Overall, the system appears to be working.  Smiley

How many rounds ?
Min of 2 and max of 6. Randomly, it would appear.

Thank you.

I think denomination fees is transaction fee.

I feel relieved at collateral fee hit Grin
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:25:39 AM

I'd like to see more accurate rebuttals of someone's bearish views on DRK, and some level of grace demonstrated when it's apparent they're here simply to muddy the water. Now we all know when you get someone who's so lacking in awareness of how governments work (i.e. that the public's perception of governments' power is as much about governments' maintenance of a smoke screen and the broad acquiescence of a public more interested in bread and circuses than standing up for their freedom) it's very hard within the limits of typing text in these response boxes to articulate why their "but the government won't allow it" statements are so naive.

But I think it would be better to try and correct misunderstandings rather than engagement in a "you're obviously a completely fuckwit" responses. I think some of the notions people we're labelling as "trolls" bring to this discussion need to be discussed.

For instance, it is possible that some sort of repeat of the 9/11 terrorist attack will happen and Darkcoin could get inexorably mixed up in the ensuing investigation and held up as a key funding facilitation mechanism the terrorists used. Do you think Darkcoin would be safe then? I expect the public backlash and draconian pursuing of everyone and anyone involved in Darkcoin would make the MacCarthyism communist witch hunts of the 1950s look tame by comparison. This is just one of the risks Darkcoin could be subject to. We need to take some of the notions people that come to this thread with and discuss them or we're all just on a continual "DRK DRK DRK. Give us a D, give us a K...." cheer leader session which ultimately isn't healthy.

Above all, let ensure we discuss all aspects right to the outer edges of the envelope so we all have the best chance of making this THE enduring crypto-currency of all time.

I fully expect the witch hunt to happen against Crypto in general, I'm not sure they'll come after DarkCoin however, if I was a betting man, I would bet on it being BTC...

How that effects DRK is another matter entirely, it could weaken it or carry it to new heights...  That would be an interesting discussion IMO...
Post public release of darkcoin's code, there will be multiple forks of Darkcoin. Darkcoin will be number 1. So, even if Gov't tries to shutdown Drk, anonymous coins will already be out of the bottle with no way of stuffing it back in.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:28:31 AM

Min of 2 and max of 6. Randomly, it would appear.

Thank you.

I think denomination fees is transaction fee.

I feel relieved at collateral fee hit Grin

Yes, you are right el presidente - the denom fee is transaction related. Collateral fee bug is reducing a lot.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:30:40 AM

Sounds like RC4 testing is going well, current test release quite stable. Excellent!

Is there any further discussion of replicating the current mainnet environment (running lots of clients with current RC3 versions) in testnet, to verify how RC4 with enforcement will work? Basically, doing a real world test scenario to check for forking that we saw in previous releases.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:09:54 AM

Post public release of darkcoin's code, there will be multiple forks of Darkcoin. Darkcoin will be number 1. So, even if Gov't tries to shutdown Drk, anonymous coins will already be out of the bottle with no way of stuffing it back in.

That is an excellent point...

ziggurat

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:18:25 AM

Guys remember that there is no need to feed swans trolls  Grin

http://pappafoot.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/kkuguyapideveren.jpg
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:33:37 AM

That is an excellent point...

Very true....

A genie out of the bottle isn't easily dealt with.

What an exciting time to be around. We all might just get to witness the resolution of this ungodly mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:35:02 AM

Thanks Tante - here's the reply:

Thanks for reaching out. For now, OpenBazaar is going to be Bitcoin only, but as it's an open-source project we welcome folks to either fork and make their own alt-coin specific marketplace or submit pull requests to incorporate another type of currency into OpenBazaar itself.

We're busting ass to try and get beta launched by the end of the month, so we're going to be narrowly focused on Bitcoin for the forseeable future, but please take a look at the code and feel free to reach out to us in a few months when we're better able to consider incorporating alt-coins.

As to your own marketplace, if you want to consider helping us build OpenBazaar then forking when it's built, we're not opposed to that. We need all the help we can get!

Cheers,

Sam Patterson

- Like I said earlier,  this stuff is time consuming, but I'll try and familiarise myself with the OpenBazaar code because I don't think it will actually be that hard to make it Darkcoin-centric once I've found my way around it.

I strongly suspect that it's not just me and the OpenBazaar guys working on this stuff though, LOL... one way or another we're going to have decentralised markets pretty soon...  Smiley

It would be quite beneficial if we could progress something like this...  How much time would it take for you to do a feasibility assessment on getting this implemented?

I would be happy to support this side project and help you drum up additional support.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:41:46 AM

Been watching testnet...

Looks like the rare vanishing MN problem may be responsible for the equally occurring false collateral fees... C'mon Evan, you can nail this one... Been nagging for a while now. It's not a coincidence. That nagging MN problem that only rarely happens is where you should be looking, not banging your head against mixing code that works just fine... ;-) It's not the client disconnecting, it's the MN!
Interesting view here, have you reported this on the testnet thread? If you're right this issue could/should be solved pretty quickly and get us closer to the finish line.
If the release would happen sometime next week that would be excellent.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:36:19 PM

******** Alert **********

Things are starting to look interesting.

[1] - DRK has succeeded in fending off competition (I say that even while being more invested in the competition than DRK - not in BTC terms but in alt coin terms)

[2] - they are unlikely now to eat any further into DRK's marketcap since there is at best equal mileage in development terms across all "anon" coins, while DRK remains at 4 times the "cap" of its nearest competitor. The market doesn't just "de-invest" itself of the market leader for no reason at all

[3] - Italy just posted a Q2 GDP contraction which is lighting up amber alerts trading desks across Europe. What is the problem with this ? It's that Europe is already suffering from deflation, due partly to Mr Draghi's "transmission problem" - the failure of central bank monetary expansion to trigger the multiplier effect in the commercial banking sector and expand the monetary base to at least give the **impression** of economic growth, even though it's not represented by an actual increase in economic activity. This is good for crypto because it may mean the stock market is topping-off and all that money will start looking for escape routes, primarily into commodities of which cryptos qualify as a target.

In this regard, new investors from Fiat will invest in market leaders, not followers.

[4] - DRK has had several weeks now to test its "bottom", for 2 reasons.

a) - post-pump consolidation
b) - fear driven exits to potential competition compounded by a period of un-newsworthy industrial work in progress on Darkcoin

This period of "un-newsworthyness" is coming to an end. The price has had its chance to plummet and hasn't taken it. DRK remains at 400% the market cap of its nearest competitor and is on the verge of moving into a new phase of actual real world deployment. If it didn't loose its lead in the last few weeks then it sure isn't going to do so from now on.

This isn't unexpected because - as I've pointed out in numerous posts on this and other forums - "originals" rarely loose their lead in a given market sector unless some kind of calamity befalls them. Even Litecoin remains at its number 2 position despite being far less unique than DRK in technical characteristics.

In view of all this, I'm therefore going to start dis-investing myself of the hedge positions I had in other "anon" coins and begin to consolidate further my DRK holdings. I recommend all other readers of this thread to do the same.

This is the beginning, not the end. Things are starting to move - not least due to world events outside of crypto.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:01:29 PM

[1] - DRK has succeeded in fending off competition (I say that even while being more invested in the competition than DRK - not in BTC terms but in alt coin terms)

[2] - they are unlikely now to eat any further into DRK's marketcap since there is at best equal mileage in development terms across all "anon" coins, while DRK remains at 4 times the "cap" of its nearest competitor. The market doesn't just "de-invest" itself of the market leader for no reason at all

[3] - Italy just posted a Q2 GDP contraction which is lighting up amber alerts trading desks across Europe. What is the problem with this ? It's that Europe is already suffering from deflation, due partly to Mr Draghi's "transmission problem" - the failure of central bank monetary expansion to trigger the multiplier effect in the commercial banking sector and expand the monetary base to at least give the **impression** of economic growth, even though it's not represented by an actual increase in economic activity. This is good for crypto because it may mean the stock market is topping-off and all that money will start looking for escape routes, primarily into commodities of which cryptos qualify as a target.

In this regard, new investors from Fiat will invest in market leaders, not followers.

b) - fear driven exits to potential competition compounded by a period of un-newsworthy industrial work in progress on Darkcoin

This period of "un-newsworthyness" is coming to an end. The price has had its chance to plummet and hasn't taken it. DRK remains at 400% the market cap of its nearest competitor and is on the verge of moving into a new phase of actual real world deployment. If it didn't loose its lead in the last few weeks then it sure isn't going to do so from now on.

This isn't unexpected because - as I've pointed out in numerous posts on this and other forums - "originals" rarely loose their lead in a given market sector unless some kind of calamity befalls them. Even Litecoin remains at its number 2 position despite being far less unique than DRK in technical characteristics.

In view of all this, I'm therefore going to start dis-investing myself of the hedge positions I had in other "anon" coins and begin to consolidate further my DRK holdings. I recommend all other readers of this thread to do the same.

This is the beginning, not the end. Things are starting to move - not least due to world events outside of crypto.

Very interesting set of observations toknormal. I like your posts.

It will be very interesting to see what happens as the "un-newsworthyness" period comes to a close. Will we get a massive pump to higher ATH than the previous level? Or will it climb up slowly (or not do anything initially)? Hard to say.

Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

definitely interesting times
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:35:23 PM

Go ahead, call me a troll.  You people are idiots.  Just because someone disagrees, doesn't make them a troll.  You both need to grow up but I'm done offering help.  Continue your fantasies and think that's reality.  I'll hope there are grown ups present that can address the real issues so you can continue to tilt at windmills or pee in a sandlot.

Now who's spitting the dummy?

You opened with "Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums."

First you called us fanatics, which I agree, the innovation and talents of the DRK team does cause people to follow with great loyalty, but the word "fanatic" is often confused for "dedicated".

Secondly, most of us knew the coin was going to correct after the May pump, and it's corrected and held good resistance around the .001 mark.  Before the pump began it was .0039 I believe, so again, the coin is still doing really well.

Then there was the "I can't quite put my finger on it but Dark is in the doldrums" comment.  Have you seen the masternode count recently?  The network is poised and ready for RC4, we are making Crypto history here.

Then you try and lecture us about regulation and how governments can crush a coin etc... Why come to the DRK thread and rattle your sabre?  If BTC goes down in a sea of regulatory red tape that's going to propel DRK to new heights quicker than we all imagined...

You want to be shown respect, give respect...

I think you've made some very pertinent points Ignition75 about Forceflow's posting and the mindset behind it. However, as someone that's read pretty much every page of this thread and is heavily invested in DRK, I do worry that all of us who are so excited and committed to Darkcoin are a bit over zealous in denouncing anyone that challenges us.

+1
Where do I vote to have you post more often?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:38:31 PM

Will we get a massive pump to higher ATH than the previous level? Or will it climb up slowly (or not do anything initially)? Hard to say.

I think it will be the "climb up slowly" option. But that's no bad thing.

Speculative pumps are a very different beast from genuine revaluations. A 5% genuine revaluation is probably worth a 50% speculative pump at least.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:47:30 PM

Will we get a massive pump to higher ATH than the previous level? Or will it climb up slowly (or not do anything initially)? Hard to say.

I think it will be the "climb up slowly" option. But that's no bad thing.

Speculative pumps are a very different beast from genuine revaluations. A 5% genuine revaluation is probably worth a 50% speculative pump at least.

I actually see an initial mini-jump, maybe above ATH even, with everyone in the sidelines just itching to pull the trigger after RC4, and whales pumping too, makes a false-rocket-launch to you know where. These are guys who've been looking into dRK for a while now and know whats going on. Whales will dump, but by then we'll be nom nom nom nom on LTC's marketcap. A small dip in the curve, followed a consolidation/slow rise and more nom nom nom... until the world discovers DRK. By then, anyone in LTC will not dump them slowly to maintain LTC prices and cut the losses, they will get the hell out ASAP to get cheap DRKs!!!

Then it should just be plain silly from there.

On another note, some bad news for BTC is great news for DRK.

http://www.coindesk.com/russian-ministry-finance-drafts-bill-banning-bitcoin/
RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:49:44 PM

Go ahead, call me a troll.  You people are idiots.  Just because someone disagrees, doesn't make them a troll.  You both need to grow up but I'm done offering help.  Continue your fantasies and think that's reality.  I'll hope there are grown ups present that can address the real issues so you can continue to tilt at windmills or pee in a sandlot.

You opened with "Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums."

First you called us fanatics, which I agree, the innovation and talents of the DRK team does cause people to follow with great loyalty, but the word "fanatic" is often confused for "dedicated".

Secondly, most of us knew the coin was going to correct after the May pump, and it's corrected and held good resistance around the .001 mark.  Before the pump began it was .0039 I believe, so again, the coin is still doing really well.

Then there was the "I can't quite put my finger on it but Dark is in the doldrums" comment.  Have you seen the masternode count recently?  The network is poised and ready for RC4, we are making Crypto history here.

Then you try and lecture us about regulation and how governments can crush a coin etc... Why come to the DRK thread and rattle your sabre?  If BTC goes down in a sea of regulatory red tape that's going to propel DRK to new heights quicker than we all imagined...

+1
Where do I vote to have you post more often?

luigi1111 do you mean me or Ignition75 (or Forceflow perhaps)? Ha!
If it's me, thanks, I'd like to post more often.

Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:51:59 PM

I agree with just about everything you said here. DRK has IMO successfully fended off all the other generic anon's and is left as king of the hill.
I think DRK also has a major trust factor going for it now, which it has built up over time, which few other coins have.
So with this RC4 release my prediction is a lot of curiosity buying and testing of the darksend+ feature from a wide swath of the Bitcoin community who crave an 'anonymity reset' of their holdings.
And eonomically, just about every investment selection model we use switched from recommending S&P500 longs to cash this month. Truly a rarity typically only seen at medium- to long-term market peaks. Will be interesting to see if it pans out and if so if that money finds its way to crypto. I think we're also now entering the 'buy the rumor' phase (typically 3-6 months lead time) of the Bitcoin ETF(s) launching and so I'd expect to see more speculative money heading into crypto.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:52:55 PM

Not going to lie, I love the idea of using the masternodes as a second function to host a decentralized marketplace. That, coupled with encrypted end-to-end messaging and anyone could transact privately and pay privately. I could see a flat fee per classified that needs to be renewed monthly to maintain the listing but a minimal fee at best (maybe the equivalent of 25-50 cents). Miners could still get 80% of it to further incentivize them to mine. Downside to doing this, anyone that downloads the client will have access to a marketplace with essentially no limits--that means access to illegal things as well as legal listings.
Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

My diction is 100% accurate.  Fanatic is all I see.  I am not bearish on DRK either, I believe it has great potential.  Just because I am not a religious true believer should not enable the pro-DRK trolls to act like rude, abusive 7 year olds.  That kind of group mindset leads to disasters.  Similarly, because I don't have a "government is the devil" mindset, I probably understand how it works a bit more accurately than the tin-foil hat crazies that predominate this thread.  You can believe in something religiously but then you've probably lost all perspective about it.

If everyone shared the perspective of RenegadeMan, perhaps DRK could truly become something special, not just in terms of privacy but also a viable challenger to BTC.  Instead, I chose to use some of my time to steer the discussion towards some issues I felt were ignored and I see why.  You'd rather keep yourselves in darkness.  Fine.  There are consequences to insularity and single-mindedness and crushing diversity only leads to encouraging more of your goose-stepping fascism.  Ironic.  Hypocritical.

Further, I was attacked from my first post on.  While my first post may have been provocative, nothing was incendiary.  Fanatic is not inaccurate, its proven quite accurate in fact based on the childish narrow-minded responses. Keep your silly thread going on about a "privacy" and only that.  Keep driving people away until you're left with only people who share your views.  I'm now quite pessimistic about the DRK community (more like savages than a civilized community).  As far as the coin, I still reserve further judgment.
Pages: « 1 ... 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 [2492] 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: