Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722510 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:47:43 PM

Your opinion is fact.  I've updated masternodes five time in the last couple weeks like everyone else.  That is NOT acceptable.  If the tech isn't ready it isn't ready.  Don't release it until it is.  Simple concept but not followed.
The tech is under development, AND it's being used as live software. As such, it is subject to live attack and subversion. The software is about to change again for InstantX. Understand that this is part of the reason you get paid to run a masternode. Get on testnet if you really want to feel the burn.

To add, testnet will only represent a portion of mainnet and some issues would take too long to replicate in the test environment, assuming they even showed up. Mainnet is far more expansive and diverse than testnet will ever be.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

Its called cost averaging, and its one of the most conservative investment strategist around. If you are in the project for the long term cost averaging is an excellent idea.

If dark's price fell to 0.001, as a long term cost averaging investor this is great news. And should be to jams.

Yeah it's a great theory, but it relies on the price coming back up. The fundamentals of DRK might be solid, but that means jack shit in the cryptocurrency World.

So again, investing in cryptocurrency is paramount to gambling. Plain and simple.

I own a decent amount of Bitcoin and Darkcoin. They're the only 2 cryptocurrencies I have interest in. Admittedly I use Bitcoin pretty much daily for various services and supplies, Darkcoin not so much. But I still consider both a gamble in terms of return on "investment".

That's why no matter how smart you think you are, what clever trading techniques you apply, the core rule still applies... Don't buy what you can't afford to lose

I completely agree and I'm not disputing that.

But i disagree with the whole "This is crypto"
Darkcoin is tech. Useful tech tends to be used. If dark is used the price will rise.

Its more risk than a gamble, investing in crypto is a risk. That risk can be managed with a bit of research.
TechGen

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:58:23 PM

Perhaps the news of Federal Reserve stopping the QE3 caused the bitcoin drop which triggered the Darkcoin drop? I have a feeling that this short term optimism about market recovery isn't gonna last long Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/9Q8QxKX.png

full article: http://rt.com/usa/200523-quantitative-easing-end-yellen/

Sorry but this "theory" is just plain silly.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

Sell deck is cleared over at bitfinex, got tired of waiting. Pleasure doing business with you, now if you will excuse me I have some MN's to set up.  Cheesy
lucas2047

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:00:52 PM

Darkcoin is tech. Useful tech tends to be used. If dark is used the price will rise.

Its more risk than a gamble, investing in crypto is a risk. That risk can be managed with a bit of research.

Darkcoin has better tech than most coins and is still in the dumps. The notion that even Dogecoin has 5x daily volume and 3x market cap is rather bewildering to me.

Honestly I would absolutely love DRK to be $100. Would be the easiest money I've ever made and prove that people want to adopt an anonymous currency and take privacy seriously. Every indicator however for the last 6 months has shown the opposite.

Right now I have absolutely zero clue where cryptocurrency is going. Bitcoin has one major advantage in that it has a fuck ton of investment going on to create mass adoption. No other coin has that.

Either way I'm still holding both
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

Sell deck is cleared over at bitfinex, got tired of waiting. Pleasure doing business with you, now if you will excuse me I have some MN's to set up.  Cheesy

i bet yr setting up 4 MN Smiley

edit : maybe even 5

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:02:44 PM

Your opinion is fact.  I've updated masternodes five time in the last couple weeks like everyone else.  That is NOT acceptable.  If the tech isn't ready it isn't ready.  Don't release it until it is.  Simple concept but not followed.
The tech is under development, AND it's being used as live software. As such, it is subject to live attack and subversion. The software is about to change again for InstantX. Understand that this is part of the reason you get paid to run a masternode. Get on testnet if you really want to feel the burn.

To add, testnet will only represent a portion of mainnet and some issues would take too long to replicate in the test environment, assuming they even showed up. Mainnet is far more expansive and diverse than testnet will ever be.

You are correct.  Unfortunately since many of these issues are not able to be identified on testnet they end up being exposed on mainnet.  That in and of itself isn't all that bad. What is an issue are the amount of updates that are released only to have to be updated shortly after.  I find it to be more of an inconvenience than anything but I'm sure that it causes many to question the overall tech.  Regardless, it isn't good for Darkcoin
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

You are correct.  Unfortunately since many of these issues are not able to be identified on testnet they end up being exposed on mainnet.  That in and of itself isn't all that bad. What is an issue are the amount of updates that are released only to have to be updated shortly after.  I find it to be more of an inconvenience than anything but I'm sure that it causes many to question the overall tech.  Regardless, it isn't good for Darkcoin

I'm not thrilled about constant updates, but at least the dev is fixing stuff promptly. As for updating, a simple scrypt will update it in around 20-30 seconds.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Darkcoin has better tech than most coins and is still in the dumps. The notion that even Dogecoin has 5x daily volume and 3x market cap is rather bewildering to me.

Honestly I would absolutely love DRK to be $100. Would be the easiest money I've ever made and prove that people want to adopt an anonymous currency and take privacy seriously. Every indicator however for the last 6 months has shown the opposite.

Right now I have absolutely zero clue where cryptocurrency is going. Bitcoin has one major advantage in that it has a fuck ton of investment going on to create mass adoption. No other coin has that.

Either way I'm still holding both

I see it this way.

In 10 months, let me say that again 10 months (40 weeks) lol! Darkcoin has achieved near NSA proof privacy and practically perfected eCash.
Darkcoin is open source(open to scrutiny) and is getting better with every update.

Time will pass, dust will settle. Darkcoin will emerge.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/darkcoin-perfect-e-cash-cryptocurrency-emerging-dark-web-trump-bitcoin-1472144

writer has some good articles on his name .. i found this one a good read as well.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

Drk coin has some very wealthy and commited followers... Its just going through a rough spot along with basically everything else... If you believe in crypto then drk and a few others are obvious choices... This is still like the pre birth phase though.... Crypto is at best a toddler and the whole scene is just finding its feet.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

Perhaps the news of Federal Reserve stopping the QE3 caused the bitcoin drop which triggered the Darkcoin drop? I have a feeling that this short term optimism about market recovery isn't gonna last long Smiley

full article: http://rt.com/usa/200523-quantitative-easing-end-yellen/

Sorry but this "theory" is just plain silly.

dude, there are lots of wall street folks in crypto trading using bitcoin/altcoins as one of the safe heavens during the financial turmoils. As soon as they see a news like QE3 ending and potential economic recovery, they react right away and dump their crypto. Not sure if you remember but the biggest price surge on bitcoin was during Cyprus banks' bailout times.
reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

Sell deck is cleared over at bitfinex, got tired of waiting. Pleasure doing business with you, now if you will excuse me I have some MN's to set up.  Cheesy

congrats on your dirt cheap DRK's  Wink

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:21:51 PM

Awesome!  I just saw a 4800+ buy order was filled.

lucas2047

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:26:59 PM

I see it this way.

In 10 months, let me say that again 10 months (40 weeks) lol! Darkcoin has achieved near NSA proof privacy and practically perfected eCash.
Darkcoin is open source(open to scrutiny) and is getting better with every update.

I just doubt there are enough people who actually care though.

As a small example... Right now you can chat securely online very easily (using Pidgin with the encrypted add-on) and yet the majority of people continue to use programs like Skype or Yahoo, even after it's been shown how these are monitored and logged.

So if people can make simple changes to secure their privacy and don't bother, why would they make more complex ones such as buying and using cryptocurrency?

As sad as it sounds the only people right now who are really interested in Darkcoin are either privacy nuts or drug dealers. The general public don't even know about it, let alone have an opinion formed. And for the cryptocurrency they do know about (basically just Bitcoin), they generally don't care enough to learn about it or buy it.

The Snowden revelations should have dramatically changed how people go about things. Unfortunately it has not. To me that's a clear indication of how seriously people take their privacy
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:32:41 PM

The price is low I would imagine simply because Bitcoin is on a downtrend. When Bitcoin sneezes so does every other coin. We're going down, that's as clear as day, but we won't go up unless Bitcoin turns around properly and people then feel faith in crypto in general.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:34:30 PM

I see it this way.

As a small example... Right now you can chat securely online very easily (using Pidgin with the encrypted add-on) and yet the majority of people continue to use programs like Skype or Yahoo, even after it's been shown how these are monitored and logged.

So if people can make simple changes to secure their privacy and don't bother, why would they make more complex ones such as buying and using cryptocurrency?

As sad as it sounds the only people right now who are really interested in Darkcoin are either privacy nuts or drug dealers. The general public don't even know about it, let alone have an opinion formed. And for the cryptocurrency they do know about (basically just Bitcoin), they generally don't care enough to learn about it or buy it.

The Snowden revelations should have dramatically changed how people go about things. Unfortunately it has not. To me that's a clear indication of how seriously people take their privacy

Indeed, our main aim should be to have Dark overtake Litecoin as the second coin. That way it could be used by privacy nuts and so on, but also whenever anyway wants to make a truly private transaction. This is where I believe Dark will end up. I don't think it's a bad thing either, but we're not going to 100. We might get to 5 and be stable if all goes well.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

I see it this way.

People are interested in crypto, i have had numerous conversations with both for and skeptic. With time, accessibility will draw more users (Twitter/Facebook/gmail for example)

You say the apps that privatise your messages are not being used by billions of people, but skype and yahoo are.
They came from nothing! Just an idea, a concept and then creation. Darkcoin is 10months old, skype and yahoo are 10+ years!

Bitcoin will become huge yes. But not for eCash (relative to the other uses bitcoin will have).
eCash will be eCash, bitcoin will be a automated decentralized ledger, storing all transactions forever. This is a good thing, but not for eCash.

Darkcoin on the other hand Wink
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:01:20 PM

The price is low I would imagine simply because Bitcoin is on a downtrend. When Bitcoin sneezes so does every other coin. We're going down, that's as clear as day, but we won't go up unless Bitcoin turns around properly and people then feel faith in crypto in general.

Agreed. The uncertainty around BTC is having a huge effect on alts as usual. Any trader worth his salt has had to consider divesting alts with such weakness around BTC. Cash is the place to be right now for many of the traders I chat with.

Add to that the huge risks around working with exchanges, the (misplaced, IMO) hype around sidechains supplanting alts, and the not insignificant hurdles facing DRK development and adoption, and it's no wonder we're going down.

All of that said, there's huge opportunity for those with patience and resolve in markets like these. DRK has a lot going for it, and I'm betting on significant appreciation when / if the BTC market finds its footing and rallies. Don't bet the farm, because that's exactly what this is... a (minimally informed) bet.

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:09:11 PM

Agreed. The uncertainty around BTC is having a huge effect on alts as usual. Any trader worth his salt has had to consider divesting alts with such weakness around BTC. Cash is the place to be right now for many of the traders I chat with.

Add to that the huge risks around working with exchanges, the (misplaced, IMO) hype around sidechains supplanting alts, and the not insignificant hurdles facing DRK development and adoption, and it's no wonder we're going down.

All of that said, there's huge opportunity for those with patience and resolve in markets like these. DRK has a lot going for it, and I'm betting on significant appreciation when / if the BTC market finds its footing and rallies. Don't bet the farm, because that's exactly what this is... a (minimally informed) bet.

Yes people are forgetting the general loss of confidence in Crypto when we have incidents like Mint-Gox, the Mum and Dad investor, who we are going to need to build a new financial world, look the other way...

After the Nov/Dec 2013 boom, all the cooks that joined the kitchen without enough people eating the cabbage, this is just a consolidation and a necessary growing pain.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Pages: « 1 ... 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: