Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 [6004] 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722509 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:51:02 PM

ICEBREAKER, buddy, I still need your help. Please de-anonymize this transaction that was obscured by the "flawed CoinJoin implementation" that has "not been peer-reviewed" and help me to figure out the source address of these funds! The good news is that it only went through four rounds of this "DarkSend," so it will be orders of magnitude easier to figure out than if it had been through all eight. Thank goodness for small miracles!

Please help me figure this out! It's URGENT!!!

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:03:01 PM

September 2016 Budget Report

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/september-2016-budget-report.10468/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 11:23:46 PM

We are all in this battle together and I believe the only way we can fail is by remaining divided. The real enemy is the entrenched systems that dictate our lives. Please do your part to help create a more cooperative environment, regardless of your opinion on which technology is superior.

How dare you...

Alanshore, excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree. But then the Monero trolls come out of the woodwork...

I disagree with Alanshore.  That doesn't make me a troll.

Other than an initial foray into ETH, the only topic you post on is Dash.

How odd for a Legendary poster at BITCOINtalk to never post about BITCOIN.

If you care to check, you'll find most of my posts over the YEARS have been about BITCOIN.

Are you in identified in the rat cage thread thread yet?

It's important for readers to know you are a fairly new, single-purpose Dash pumper account, with no interest in Bitcoin itself.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:28:05 PM

We are all in this battle together and I believe the only way we can fail is by remaining divided. The real enemy is the entrenched systems that dictate our lives. Please do your part to help create a more cooperative environment, regardless of your opinion on which technology is superior.

How dare you...

Alanshore, excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree. But then the Monero trolls come out of the woodwork...

It's important for readers to know you are a fairly new, single-purpose Dash pumper account, with no interest in Bitcoin itself.

I have absolutely no interest in Bitcoin...you've got that right. When we've created a superior project, why cater to the dinosaur any longer? I began my foray into crypto in November 2013, first with Litecoin, then Counterparty and Ethereum, and finally Dash. My account was created 2.5 years ago, so I'm not one of the "I knew Satoshi club" but I'm definitely not "fairly new."

Just for shits and giggles, reread my posts on Ethereum. I was routinely called a shill, but guess what? I was spot on. Anyone who had listened to me would have seen a FORTY FOLD return on their investment. Maybe you should listen to me about Dash?

By the way, since you have some free time, how about deanonymizing that tx I keep posting. Unless you can't?

P.S. I'm sorry that you bought Dash at the top of the market in May 2014 and then sold at the bottom three months later. I'm sorry you lost your house because of it. That's not Dash's fault--it's your own. Maybe your investment horizon should be a little longer?

Dash - Digital Cash
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:54:10 PM

How dare you...

I have absolutely no interest in Bitcoin...you've got that right. When we've created a superior project, why cater to the dinosaur any longer? I began my foray into crypto in November 2013, first with Litecoin, then Counterparty and Ethereum, and finally Dash. My account was created 2.5 years ago, so I'm not one of the "I knew Satoshi club" but I'm definitely not "fairly new."

Just for shits and giggles, reread my posts on Ethereum. I was routinely called a shill, but guess what? I was spot on. Anyone who had listened to me would have seen a FORTY FOLD return on their investment. Maybe you should listen to me about Dash?

By the way, since you have some free time, how about deanonymizing that tx I keep posting. Unless you can't?

P.S. I'm sorry that you bought Dash at the top of the market in May 2014 and then sold at the bottom three months later. I'm sorry you lost your house because of it. That's not Dash's fault--it's your own. Maybe your investment horizon should be a little longer?
What is this shit written above?? You call icebreaker a troll when it's clear that YOU'RE THE FUCKING TROLL. How can you post these baseless speculative lies about somebody else's personal finances? You just made yourself look like a fucking idiot to anyone who reads this thread.
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:09:16 AM

You're probably right about them not having a choice, but they're sure to have a lot of pissed off customers. Not only that, but they were paid by the Dash network to add Dash to their wallet. If they turn around and remove it, wouldn't they owe the money back to the network? Not that anybody would really be that much of an ass to demand the money back, and not that it's legally enforceable anyway, but still...

Its only the Iphone app that is affected not the other platforms Jaxx runs on
https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771031454839111680

And just for fun, People really dont like Apple telling them what they can run on theyr phones

https://youtu.be/XHtzZukli3o    Shocked Grin

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:48:49 AM

Proposal: Legal (September)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-sept.10457/

1) Legal opinion on the treatment of masternode block rewards under the Internal Revenue Code
a. Whether they are treated similarly to mining rewards, interest, or other tax treatment
b. Tax treatment of the initial collateral “investment”​

2) Liability of masternode owners for the transactions they facilitate
a. Whether masternode owners may be responsible for criminal activities connected with transactions they facilitate
b. If so, under what circumstances
c. Whether participation in “mixing” services might give rise to criminal liability
d. If so, under what circumstances​

3) Liability of exchanges that support Dash transactions and guidelines on meeting existing compliance
a. Whether an exchange might be held liable for criminal activity associated with PrivateSend transactions​

It's a little late for this due diligence.

THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC. should have gotten answers to those very important questions before spending 2 years pumping their coin and dumping their Instamine.

I suspect THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC knew the answers to those questions were not good for their scheme, so they just played dumb until the issue was forced by external entities.

And now, that irresponsible paradigm of speed over correctness is coming back to bite them and bagholders in the ass.

https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771017555930705920

I don't feel bad for Jaxx.  They should have never added an obvious scam like Dash, which is 100% not worth getting banned from Apple.
Apple's lawyers probably warned them that DASH is likely to be deemed illegal. It's certainly unfair to those people who don't/can't own enough DASH to make a masternode
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:55:56 AM

How much would the 12% pre-mine on DASH be worth now?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:30:41 AM

Today's Dash Detailed is excellent. A must-see!

(How can we embed YouTube videos here?)

Does anyone have that overview of the Sybil Attack costs per masternodes controlled % that Amanda is using in her YouTube
video ?

Thanks

qwizzie

try this...

Probabilities in %
Formula: ((Attacker_Nodes / All_Nodes)^PrivateSend_Rounds) * 100

Good luck, anyone attempting an attack.

oh excellent, thank you sir!

the btc maximalist guy ("I'm very against supporting altcoins") that blocked cat and john from attending the vegas btc meetup said "masternodes are vulnerable to sybil attacks, especially since it was instamined."
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@catherinebleish/bitcoin-com-bus-shut-out-of-las-vegas-bitcoin-meetup-and-las-vegas-facebook-group-due-to-support-of-dash

but even if one person mined/owned 2,000,000 coins there would only be a 0.35% chance of deanonymizing a privatesend transaction. so that's over $26 million (at current prices) they would have to put up/risk losing just to sybil/snoop on less than half a percent of all transactions.

or this...

Why not put this "feature" in the OP, as other ostensibly privacy-driven coins showcase their privacy tech?

because it's not that important as far as realistic attack vectors go. most critics/trolls looked at the info long ago and realized the math and tech was solid and moved on to looking for other things to complain about.

also, unlike other one trick pony coins dash has many main features not just one. Tongue
i'll look for it again although i know it won't shut you up. we do appreciate the all bumps though! Grin

i finally found some of those charts. i still did not find the latest one i was looking for with higher node counts but here's what i found so far. these are out dated as we have way more nodes now but maybe someone can do the updated math.

probability of snooping success
http://image.slidesharecdn.com/cryptocurrencymixing-160507152929/95/cryptocurrency-mixing-58-638.jpg?cb=1462635083

that chart is from the DASH white paper here...
https://www.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dash-WhitepaperV1.pdf

i found some more probability charts i will post later once i finish reading through all of them.

i found a few more charts if you need them but these should be enough.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:49:09 AM

How dare you conflate a fairly launched coin with Dash?

i knew you were a troll but i did not know you were a comedian too.
if you live in a glass monero xmr house you should not throw rocks at DASH.
all coins have launch and/or distribution issues.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:07:22 AM

How dare you...

What is this shit written above?? You call icebreaker a troll when it's clear that YOU'RE THE FUCKING TROLL. How can you post these baseless speculative lies about somebody else's personal finances?

Such rage...do you take any pills for that?

Dash - Digital Cash
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:42:06 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 07:47:19 AM by arielbit

Please note, I say this with much love to the Dash community as I have witnessed you taking the brunt of the attacks so much of this does not apply directly to you. As this is a plea for both communities and is also posted in the Monero thread, I feel the need to post it here as well.

I am a long time lurker and holder of both Monero and Dash. I have made a lot of money holding both but making money has never been the goal. 80% of my cash worth is spread between both currencies because I do not like the direction in which our world is moving and I want to ensure that myself and the people I care about are well taken care of when the facade that now envelopes our society is finally lifted.

I have a plea for both the Monero and Dash communities.

The world markets are at all time highs, standing on a cliff, held steady only by increasingly desperate central banks and supported by governments that have yet to realize that neo-classical economics has failed. Well-intentioned but poorly executed ideas such as the ACA and Eurozone Refugee Policy continue to disintegrate and the media conglomerates appear dedicated to perpetuating fear so they can pad their margins. Our elected leaders are now preying upon this fear to usurp our freedoms and those campaigning for office are using this fear to manipulate their way into power. It is clear that the status quo will not change willingly and will turn to increasingly extreme measures to maintain their control. Our world is in a precarious situation but our involvement in Monero and Dash does allow us to do something about it.

I believe that until recently, true freedom and democracy has not been possible. It is only now, due to advances in technology and novel ideas such as the blockchain and DAO's, that we finally have the tools to ensure our freedom, regardless of what legislation our corrupt and misguided governments decide to pass in the public's "best interest".

The only way to solve many of the problems we face is to create technology that is impervious to government intervention. Where the people get to choose how they wish to transact and what they choose to purchase in complete privacy. I know there is continuous debate regarding which technology is more secure, or scalable, or a multitude of other things but I think the one thing both communities can agree on is they are both vast improvements over fiat transactions and even bitcoin.

The announcement from Jaxx regarding the required removal of Dash from their iOS wallet is a perfect example of the uphill battle anonymous currencies are facing.

https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771017555930705920
https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771033721881362432

While both technologies are taking different approaches to creating a digital equivalent of cash, the greatest hurdle they face will be adoption and this will not happen if the current powers that be continue to discriminate against them. This hurdle becomes a lot smaller if both communities work together.

Right now, the combined marketcap of Monero and Dash is ~200 mil which is miniscule compared to the entrenched systems. In fact, the entire marketcap of the top 100 crypto's is only 11 billion. I trade the S&P eMini during the day and on average, in the last minute of regular market trading, 50+ billion dollars worth of contracts will change hands. In one minute, five times more money changes hands than the top 100 cryptos combined marketcap.

Monero and Dash are currently the two rats in the corner fighting over a crumb while the corrupt banks and remittance companies sit at the table and feast on the entire pie. If we work together, we can have a real shot at taking a larger slice of the pie (while actually benefiting society) and believe me, there is more than enough to go around.

If you are just in Monero or Dash to make a quick buck, I imagine you stopped reading some time ago. If you are still here, I urge you to expand your scope of thinking and imagine what could be accomplished if both currencies were to cooperate.

If I dare to dream, I would envision a future where there are XMR and DASH trading pairs on exchanges, where we encourage others to use both networks, where the communities help test each others releases, where they combine forces to help both get added as payment options for major services and where ideas on how to improve both currencies are openly shared and discussed. If anyone is open to creating a new bitcointalk thread for mutual and friendly discussion of both cryptos, I think that would be a great first step.

well said.. but you should  consider the element of competition..it is healthy overall, each side pointing flaws and making/innovating to outclass each other.

i dont see a way to make them work together since they have different blockchain tech, dash is from bitcoin and monero is cryptonote.

and i like you to think if there is a winner, i mean there is only one anon coin used by people, the development and capitalization will also become concentrated to one.

the weaker tech should be discarded because it will be just pulling down crypto advancement in general.
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:51:37 AM

How is instamine even a big deal when most new coins are 100% premined. Look at Ethereum! A huge amount of pre mining and nobody cares. The hacking however...

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 04:24:51 AM

Thanks for confirming you never had any interest in Bitcoin proper, yet still post 1000s of Dash-pumping Astroturf messages at BITCOINtalk.

But you got me all wrong bro.

In May 2014 I was buying Monero, not Dash, hand over fist.

After holding for 2.5 years, that's made me enough money to retire in many countries.  Making your lectures about "investment horizons" particularly amusing.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:43:10 AM

Today's Dash Detailed is excellent. A must-see!

(How can we embed YouTube videos here?)

Does anyone have that overview of the Sybil Attack costs per masternodes controlled % that Amanda is using in her YouTube
video ?

Thanks

qwizzie

try this...

Probabilities in %
Formula: ((Attacker_Nodes / All_Nodes)^PrivateSend_Rounds) * 100

Good luck, anyone attempting an attack.

oh excellent, thank you sir!

the btc maximalist guy ("I'm very against supporting altcoins") that blocked cat and john from attending the vegas btc meetup said "masternodes are vulnerable to sybil attacks, especially since it was instamined."
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@catherinebleish/bitcoin-com-bus-shut-out-of-las-vegas-bitcoin-meetup-and-las-vegas-facebook-group-due-to-support-of-dash

but even if one person mined/owned 2,000,000 coins there would only be a 0.35% chance of deanonymizing a privatesend transaction. so that's over $26 million (at current prices) they would have to put up/risk losing just to sybil/snoop on less than half a percent of all transactions.

or this...

Why not put this "feature" in the OP, as other ostensibly privacy-driven coins showcase their privacy tech?

because it's not that important as far as realistic attack vectors go. most critics/trolls looked at the info long ago and realized the math and tech was solid and moved on to looking for other things to complain about.

also, unlike other one trick pony coins dash has many main features not just one. Tongue
i'll look for it again although i know it won't shut you up. we do appreciate the all bumps though! Grin

i finally found some of those charts. i still did not find the latest one i was looking for with higher node counts but here's what i found so far. these are out dated as we have way more nodes now but maybe someone can do the updated math.

probability of snooping success
http://image.slidesharecdn.com/cryptocurrencymixing-160507152929/95/cryptocurrency-mixing-58-638.jpg?cb=1462635083

that chart is from the DASH white paper here...
https://www.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dash-WhitepaperV1.pdf

i found some more probability charts i will post later once i finish reading through all of them.

i found a few more charts if you need them but these should be enough.

perfect .. i created an unmoderated thread in the altcoin discussion section and put above info in there --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604149.0
now whenever we get fud about Dash not being Sybil Attack resistant, we can either direct to that thread or link them directly to Amanda's YouTube video.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:27:42 AM

Friendly reminder for newcomers:

This thread looks infected by trolls again. This is an non-moderated thread so they are free to try to promote their coins here spreading lies and FUD.

For more information and civilized talk about Dash you can visit: https://www.dash.org/forum  Feel free to join us.

https://www.dash.org/forum

Discussions:  6,466
Members:  5,109
sweet bird

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:46:52 AM

Can i mine it with linux...
Good luck for the team...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:58:00 AM

Around $10 millions.

But was pre minded way more then 20%
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:36:07 AM

Can i mine it with linux...
Good luck for the team...

Sure you can. You could try the Pimp mining platform https://getpimp.org/ if you like, or look into a stand alone X11 miner. Were you planning on using gpus or asics?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 11:38:54 AM

Around $10 millions.

But was pre minded way more then 20%

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashpremined?
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashInstamined?
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-Ireadsomonewhowrotethat50%ofthecoinsincirculationareownedbythedevs
...continue to read few more topics there...

TL;DR: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 ... 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 [6004] 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: