Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 [6047] 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:55:26 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2016, 10:14:28 PM by TanteStefana2

I'm going to lobby for this proposal once again, because I really think merchant integration should be a priority, and this one project, Odoo (a full ERP merchant/manufacturing/any type of business solution that millions use all over the world) is a no-brainer.

Please vote yes on this project.  Yes it is expensive, but it is very involved to fully integrate Dash as a payment option along side fiat and credit cards.  But the result will be seamless.  Seamless accounting, inventory assessment, etc...

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/OdooDASHCryptoModule

I agree that the intigration to odoo would be something nice.

But i can't support that proposal, from a software developer perspective that proposal does not sound that much as a no brainer !

If someone is charging about 70 $ an hour i will not accept something as:
"It will generate the QR using the libraries of JS it will show the price on the same screen from the order.This transaction will need to become instantsend for each functionality be efficient on the retail store.
30 hours"

* using a jsLib to show a QR code = 1 hour max
* showing something on the order screen = 2 hours max (after that work is already almost accounted for with the pre tasks - 5 hours for countdown shown on screen and so on ..)
* This transaction will need to become instantsend for each functionality be efficient on the retail store. = hey lets use the word instantsend to justify some working hours ! (That instantsend work has been already made with dashsoda machine, no need to reinvent the wheel here) so again 27 hours for this? no way, and it is not even describing anything its just using some key words as instantsend ....

And so on ...

In other words its an absolute no go to charge 70 $ an hour and then describe one point of the tasks with 30 hours as implement some jsLib to get a qr code, get it on the page, and yeah also use instasend for the transaction to make it useful.

-> you will describe that last part, that instantsend part, whats to do there, why 30 hours, you won't talk about using a jsLib for an QR code, what should take someone 10 min max...
I also question that this proposal was not thought out well.   Check out the comments on Dashcentral where they first said the blockchain and node traffic would be on the machine, but later changed to have it on a separate server after I indicated how much bandwidth and CPU it would use.

I am A OK with making changes, but this proposal looks like it was a blink guess.  The initial proposal didn't have InstantSend and I discussed in detail what InstantSend was and how and why it should be added.  Clearly, anyone attempting to make a proposal to use Dash technology should actually do some effort to understand it first.

The right way to do this, is to make a similar setup.  Maybe not on an Odoo.  Then show us that and how you will convert it to Odoo or finish it.  Or maybe look at the the Blockpay Odoo Dash code and add InstantSend.  Maybe then you will see that you are almost done in only 5 hrs and not ask for a 6 month proposal.

Solar, I respect you, but WTF?  How in the world do you get 5 hours for a full Odoo implementation of Dash?  I mean, even I know that's completely extreme from seeing the little I do of what my sister goes through to implement simple project changes at her work.

And you're talking to non-english speakers.  Do we only want to work with Americans and Europeans?  Or do we want to spread our team to the rest of the world?

Do you know how much an Odoo implementation costs?  I'm not a programmer, it's true, but I honestly think that if they get Dash natively integrated, and especially accepted into OCA repository where Dash can be managed like any other currency, their quote is cheap!

This is what you will get:
https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/accounting/others/multicurrencies/how_it_works.html

For me, it is important that we get these merchant solutions out there asap because Dash Evolution is really Consumer friendly, and focuses on consumers, which is great, fantastic.  When Dash Evolution comes out, anyone that buys and sells things like on Craigslist, ebay, etsy will have a new tool, if someone creates a site to trade on.  However, there will be no grocery store, no gas station, no mini mart, nobody else that can/will dive in to accepting Dash at that point.  If we wait for Evolution, we will then have to wait for ways to get merchants to use Dash, via projects like this.  That will slow down adoption once again.

We need to be ready in all corners that we can find, that will work, and when Evolution comes out, and Merchants hear about it, those that already use Odoo, and look and see, oh, there is a Dash plugin, I can just implement it.  And they'll be able to add it via a plugin system not unlike Wordpress.

THIS is what it's all about.  And we  have a team willing to put it together.  And you think the price is too high?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:12:03 PM

I'm going to lobby for this proposal once again, because I really think merchant integration should be a priority, and this one project, Odoo (a full ERP merchant/manufacturing/any type of business solution that millions use all over the world) is a no-brainer.

Please vote yes on this project.  Yes it is expensive, but it is very involved to fully integrate Dash as a payment option along side fiat and credit cards.  But the result will be seamless.  Seamless accounting, inventory assessment, etc...

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/OdooDASHCryptoModule

I agree that the intigration to odoo would be something nice.

But i can't support that proposal, from a software developer perspective that proposal does not sound that much as a no brainer !

If someone is charging about 70 $ an hour i will not accept something as:
"It will generate the QR using the libraries of JS it will show the price on the same screen from the order.This transaction will need to become instantsend for each functionality be efficient on the retail store.
30 hours"

* using a jsLib to show a QR code = 1 hour max
* showing something on the order screen = 2 hours max (after that work is already almost accounted for with the pre tasks - 5 hours for countdown shown on screen and so on ..)
* This transaction will need to become instantsend for each functionality be efficient on the retail store. = hey lets use the word instantsend to justify some working hours ! (That instantsend work has been already made with dashsoda machine, no need to reinvent the wheel here) so again 27 hours for this? no way, and it is not even describing anything its just using some key words as instantsend ....

And so on ...

In other words its an absolute no go to charge 70 $ an hour and then describe one point of the tasks with 30 hours as implement some jsLib to get a qr code, get it on the page, and yeah also use instasend for the transaction to make it useful.

-> you will describe that last part, that instantsend part, whats to do there, why 30 hours, you won't talk about using a jsLib for an QR code, what should take someone 10 min max...
I also question that this proposal was not thought out well.   Check out the comments on Dashcentral where they first said the blockchain and node traffic would be on the machine, but later changed to have it on a separate server after I indicated how much bandwidth and CPU it would use.

I am A OK with making changes, but this proposal looks like it was a blink guess.  The initial proposal didn't have InstantSend and I discussed in detail what InstantSend was and how and why it should be added.  Clearly, anyone attempting to make a proposal to use Dash technology should actually do some effort to understand it first.

The right way to do this, is to make a similar setup.  Maybe not on an Odoo.  Then show us that and how you will convert it to Odoo or finish it.  Or maybe look at the the Blockpay Odoo Dash code and add InstantSend.  Maybe then you will see that you are almost done in only 5 hrs and not ask for a 6 month proposal.

Solar, I respect you, but WTF?  How in the world do you get 5 hours for a full Odoo implementation of Dash?  I mean, even I know that's completely extreme from seeing the little I do of what my sister goes through to implement simple project changes at her work.

And you're talking to non-english speakers.  Do we only want to work with Americans and Europeans?  Or do we want to spread our team to the rest of the world?

Do you know how much an Odoo implementation costs?  I'm not a programmer, it's true, but I honestly think that if they get Dash natively integrated, and especially accepted into OCA repository where Dash can be managed like any other currency, their quote is cheap!

This is what you will get:
https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/accounting/others/multicurrencies/how_it_works.html

For me, it is important that we get these merchant solutions out there asap because Dash Evolution is really Consumer friendly, and focuses on consumers, which is great, fantastic.  When Dash Evolution comes out, anyone that buys and sells things like on Craigslist, ebay, etsy will have a new tool, if someone creates a site to trade on.  However, there will be no grocery store, no gas station, no mini mart, nobody else that can/will dive in to accepting Dash at that point.  If we wait for Evolution, we will then have to wait for ways to get merchants to use Dash, via projects like this.  That will slow down adoption once again.

We need to be ready in all corners that we can find, that will work, and when Evolution comes out, and Merchants hear about it, those that already use Odoo, and look and see, oh, there is a Dash plugin, I can just implement it.  And they'll be able to add it via a plugin system not unlike Wordpress.

THIS is what it's all about.  And we  have a team willing to put it together.  And you think the price is too high?

Not saying 5 hrs is what it takes, but I believe Bitcoin has already been done, so not really a stretch to take advantage of time savings with changing to Dash. 

In reality blockpay already takes Dash and other coins with their Odoo integration and would have the advantage(of course not in all areas yet, and not with instantsend).  https://blockpay.ch/  Might just make more sense to work with them to add InstantSend.  They even have a mobile app.

The entire model is backwards though.  You need to build in costs for service, sales, and equipment.  Even if you had the fanciest machine paid for fully upfront, it still needs funding to pay sales, fix things, and answer questions.

I am all for merchant adoption.  But starting with the most complicated project with a limited user base doesn't make sense.   Build something simple that everyone can use with a sustainable model and then Odoo or other merchant systems can adopt that.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 12:12:54 AM

But starting with the most complicated project with a limited user base doesn't make sense.

How does Odoo have a "limited user base" ? It has a massive userbase as far as I can see. It also represents a one stop shop solution for small retailers wanting to accept crypto and for whom BTC is a problem (due to dodgy 1-conf).

In reality blockpay already takes Dash and other coins with their Odoo integration and would have the advantage(of course not in all areas yet, and not with instantsend).

To me, the only point of adding support for any cryptocurrency would be because it made the POS work where others didn't. So that means support instantsend justifies a native solution.

Build something simple that everyone can use with a sustainable model and then Odoo or other merchant systems can adopt that.

Except "something simple that everyone can use" isn't on offer. A Dash native solution "that everyone can use" is, so why aren't we funding it ?

Specifically, that native solution would support instantsend which is the make-or-break of realtime POS and that does seem like a bit of a gateway given the advent of developments like RBF in Bitcoin. For example, it opens the door for all those small to medium businesses that want to accept "cash", independently of the banking and debit card paradigm.

https://www.odoo.com/page/point-of-sale-shop
http://www.slideshare.net/openobject/discover-odoo-pos-in-v8-your-shop-ready-to-use-in-20-min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoXhSI9wsA

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 12:57:56 AM

In reality blockpay already takes Dash and other coins with their Odoo integration and would have the advantage(of course not in all areas yet, and not with instantsend).

To me, the only point of adding support for any cryptocurrency would be because it made the POS work where others didn't. So that means support instantsend justifies a native solution.

everybody is instant with Blockpay ! they 'cover' the transactions themselves to make sure it is instant for all !
(met the guy/owner last week)

The odoo integration is one thing, but their own BlockPay “S” Payment App (available on Android-iOS coming soon) is the best and simplest solution for 'general merchants'
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bitsharesmunich.blockpay&hl=en
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:30:03 AM

But starting with the most complicated project with a limited user base doesn't make sense.

How does Odoo have a "limited user base" ? It has a massive userbase as far as I can see. It also represents a one stop shop solution for small retailers wanting to accept crypto and for whom BTC is a problem (due to dodgy 1-conf).

I am thinking to start with something that acts like a credit card reader that is used at almost any smaller store.  Smaller stores just enter the amount and it isn't even tied to their inventory system.  They just put a copy of the credit card receipt in the till and settle payments at night.

The merchant will also want Dash converted fiat, that needs to be addressed before any of these solutions can be presented.

I doubt larger stores will take the risk of adding a plugin without any previous usage cases.  I think this proposal is skipping some much needed steps.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:32:04 AM

Merchants Consider Accepting Dash
(John Bush in action)

https://youtu.be/4lv0b62kYB4

PLEASE share and support !!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:43:51 AM

I am thinking to start with something that acts like a credit card reader that is used at almost any smaller store.  Smaller stores just enter the amount and it isn't even tied to their inventory system.  They just put a copy of the credit card receipt in the till and settle payments at night.

The merchant will also want Dash converted fiat, that needs to be addressed before any of these solutions can be presented.

I doubt larger stores will take the risk of adding a plugin without any previous usage cases.  I think this proposal is skipping some much needed steps.

They have a great sales team (well well connected) and are making great progress in germany
obviously they have a lot of work to do, but as they just launched their progress is pretty good

i really like their idea as it brings all cryptos together and under 1 hood
to go out there and convince merchants to adopt dash or coin or whatever is way too 'complicate' and toon each market.
The thing (for all of us) should be to bring general crypto to the masses (exactly what they do) and then it is up to the merchant (depending on his crypto education) to chose BTC or Dash or whatever ... but when they are in the general crypto loop and have options, then is the time to get specific (Dash related)

to start with a single coin app is pretty much impossible these days to break into the general markets i believe
(check Mr Bush above, i believe he is having a hard time expanding)
do not get me wrong, the more the better, but 1st (i believe) we as crypto should get that out there as far as possible and then after get specific on details  Wink
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:23:17 AM

Proposal: Business Development (November)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-nov.11190/

This proposal provides continued funding for the general business development budget. Because our business development expenses were modest this past month, we are requesting a significantly lower amount of funding compared with previous months.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 07:44:54 AM

everybody is instant with Blockpay ! they 'cover' the transactions themselves to make sure it is instant for all !

The odoo integration is one thing, but their own BlockPay “S” Payment App (available on Android-iOS coming soon) is the best and simplest solution for 'general merchants'

I fully disagree.  It's fine for people to use blockpay, but once again, the user will be charged the fee.  And I'm sure it will be quite high because blockpay intends to insure the payments to the merchant "instantly".  We don't need blockpay / centralized solutions.  We can be fully independent and merchants can make their own accounts via coinbase, etc... to handle the conversions to fiat if they wish.

These centralized solutions ultimately kill the whole ecosystem and I am here to make a fundamental change.  Sure, centralized solutions are fine, but only if there are many to choose from.  Blockpay should not be the only solution, and Dash is fully capable of offering a better solution, even if it's not the easy way out.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:18:01 AM

I fully disagree.  It's fine for people to use blockpay, but once again, the user will be charged the fee.  And I'm sure it will be quite high because blockpay intends to insure the payments to the merchant "instantly".  We don't need blockpay / centralized solutions.  We can be fully independent and merchants can make their own accounts via coinbase, etc... to handle the conversions to fiat if they wish.

These centralized solutions ultimately kill the whole ecosystem and I am here to make a fundamental change.  Sure, centralized solutions are fine, but only if there are many to choose from.  Blockpay should not be the only solution, and Dash is fully capable of offering a better solution, even if it's not the easy way out.

"centralized solutions ultimately kill the whole ecosystem"
i disagree
as we are so early in the game , and mass adoption of ALL CRYPTO should come 1st and foremost
solutions as blockpay are great as they bring the tech and crypto to the masses
after them
it will be much easier to come with our in-house solutions and less fees
but for now we somehow have to get out there 1st !
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:10:27 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 10:14:27 AM by toknormal

ERP's are actually a pretty good route into crypto for merchants wanting to run POS.

They support all the necessary till functions you need in a formal commercial setup - product database, data take-on features, Z-ing, cashbook, sales reporting, compliance support etc.

I wrote a POS system from scratch for a business in the mid-ninetees which is still in use in several cities in the UK today. It's basically nothing about the currency and all about the features, except with Dash you'd have an alternative clearing layer that cut out the banks from the loop and didn't have Bitcoin's 1-conf double-spend issues. I think thats potentially an attractive proposition for many merchants.

Apart from that, Odoo's is dirt cheap. I suspect you only need a couple of modules - if that. The first "app" is free and that may be enough.

I doubt any commercially conscious merchant is going to adopt crypto just for the sake of it, but bundled up as part of a mainstream POS solution that's widely recognised, they might.
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:25:58 PM

Proposal: Marketing, International Outreach, and Promotion (November)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-international-outreach-promotion-november.11199/

This proposal provides the core team's international outreach program funding for November, adjusted for the current exchange rate.
xsedivy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:33:22 PM

I just finish translation of Dash Android wallet into Slovak. Enjoy Cheesy
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:07:55 PM

I could translate to Dutch if that would be helpful.

=P
OneDayCreativeTrips

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:46:43 PM

It would be useful if someone could provide a template for translations to streamline this process.  

Does this require a funding proposal, or is anyone willing to work up such a template?  A simple web form with less than fifty fields or so would seem adequate.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 01:57:48 AM

It would be useful if someone could provide a template for translations to streamline this process.  

Does this require a funding proposal, or is anyone willing to work up such a template?  A simple web form with less than fifty fields or so would seem adequate.

everything is available on transifix
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:02:50 AM

https://www.transifex.com/dash/dash/ here is the direct link for everyone who wants to do some translation work for dash.

Thanks for all participants!

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:03:48 AM

Need some help with starting my masternode again. It was offline for quite a while, I finally got enough Dash again with the little dip in price that's occuring now. But when I try starting the masternode again, I get the error Not capable masternode: Could not connect to (my external IP adress). That's quite a generic error, so I need some help where to start debugging. I opened the debug log but couldn't find anything helpful.

Running 12.0.58 on a Windows machine. Nothing changed other then my wallet wasn't running as a masternode, and I had to acquire 1000 Dash again..... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

=P
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:09:49 AM

FYI, I've added "real" French subtitles (not bot-made) to 3 popular videos by Amanda B. Johnson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6rFZQywOEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChCtbSg5DAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAyoXtx3wxQ

I had previously added French subs to the whole excellent "Dash school" series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UwwcCKj4Y&list=PLiFMZOlhgsYKKOUOVjQjESCXfR1cCYCod
OneDayCreativeTrips

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:13:48 AM

https://www.transifex.com/dash/dash/ here is the direct link for everyone who wants to do some translation work for dash.

Thanks for all participants!

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 ... 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 [6047] 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: