Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 [6500] 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:07:54 AM

Welcome Bradley Zastrow - Director of Global Business Development

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/welcome-bradley-zastrow-director-of-global-business-development.20569/#post-153668

Grin Wink Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:48:11 AM

Kraken Service update next week
(as they have a lot of problems imo)
 Undecided
https://blog.kraken.com/post/1399/degraded-service-upgrade-next-week/
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:12:48 AM

Dash Races To Build Payment Network System For Tomorrow

https://www.investopedia.com/news/dash-races-build-payment-network-system-tomorrow/

#dash_force
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

Edit : i re-read the post and i think i know what happened, appearently g4q34g4qg47ww got stuck in time three years ago and is requesting our help to free him. Any time travellers around that can help him out ?

He's post history is telling his story.

Somewhen in April or May 2015 he lost the Believe in Dash and has changed to Monero.  Although monero certainly didn't do bad this year Dash did better and with MN owners becomming millionaers and have a safe and good nice passive income it is understandable that you someone jumping the boat will post a bit angry in a drunken jealous condition.
Haven't read all your post g4. Hope you haven't sold monero too and missed out on both good coins at the end.

Though I believe my financial success should not be relative to a discussion on the honesty/dishonesty that has been at the core of this project since the beginning... The capital gains tax alone on having liquidated 7% of my total XMR this year is greater than what the current value of my 5 masternodes would be worth at todays value, including 3 years of masternode payouts. As someone who was at a time quite passionate about this project, my only ongoing interest in interacting with the community around it is to give people tools to realize the same things it took me so long to learn of / accept.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:50:33 PM

Edit : i re-read the post and i think i know what happened, appearently g4q34g4qg47ww got stuck in time three years ago and is requesting our help to free him. Any time travellers around that can help him out ?

He's post history is telling his story.

Somewhen in April or May 2015 he lost the Believe in Dash and has changed to Monero.  Although monero certainly didn't do bad this year Dash did better and with MN owners becomming millionaers and have a safe and good nice passive income it is understandable that you someone jumping the boat will post a bit angry in a drunken jealous condition.
Haven't read all your post g4. Hope you haven't sold monero too and missed out on both good coins at the end.

Though I believe my financial success should not be relative to a discussion on the honesty/dishonesty that has been at the core of this project since the beginning... The capital gains tax alone on having liquidated 7% of my total XMR this year is greater than what the current value of my 5 masternodes would be worth at todays value, including 3 years of masternode payouts. As someone who was at a time quite passionate about this project, my only ongoing interest in interacting with the community around it is to give people tools to realize the same things it took me so long to learn of / accept.

Actually there is no discussion on the honesty / dishonesty with regards to this project since the beginning, there is just you creating a very poor quality trolling post in this Dash ANN thread. Lets not make more out of it then that.
You already admit that you sold your 5 masternodes and invested in Monero some time ago, and havent looked back ever since.. untill now. Now that Dash has grown exponentially this last year, you feel a sudden urge to
"give people tools to realize the same things it took me so long to learn of / accept."  

Well it looks like you learned nothing over these years and you are in a very poor position today to teach people of this community anything of value about Dash. What you should have learned all these years ago is that it is not helpfull to troll
in other projects ANN threads, nothing good will ever come from that.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:28:48 PM

Actually there is no discussion on the honesty / dishonesty with regards to this project since the beginning, there is just you creating a very poor quality trolling post in this Dash ANN thread. Lets not make more out of it then that.
You already admit that you sold your 5 masternodes and invested in Monero some time ago, and havent looked back ever since.. untill now. Now that Dash has grown exponentially this last year, you feel a sudden urge to
"give people tools to realize the same things it took me so long to learn of / accept."  

Well it looks like you learned nothing over these years and you are in a very poor position today to teach people of this community anything of value about Dash. What you should have learned all these years ago is that it is not helpfull to troll
in other projects ANN threads, nothing good will ever come from that.  

What you and this community have accepted as the story / intentions of the coin creator at genesis is a sugary sweet and very different than I and obviously many others interpret as the truth. Quoted below is my comment, which presents events (which are not disputed by people inside or outside this community) but spoken in a manner that indicates an intent that I and most others believe to be more in-line with the truth.

oh Jeez I'm really sorry dontyaknow I have no idea how on earth the block reward possibly got set to dump out coins at super-duper "Heavy Flow Day" velocity, its a simple adjustment and easily caught in testnet I just have no idea how it slipped past me. Yuins might as well quit mining now bc I'll deliver a fixed update here shortly and we'll start over from genesis. Oh hey I didn't get around  to starting a whole new chain it didn't seem like a priority. But yeah this great new update corrects the block rewards from spitting coins out into the middle of the street so its safe to go ahead and start mining again now. Youins don't like airdrops? Ogeez I guess I'll just have to put this behind us and only smirk about it when no one is looking.

It serves as a 'tool' to push people to consider how much phrasing and hivemind-preassure has shaped their interpretation of events.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:56:04 PM

You can sugarcoat it as much as you like for yourself but that does not distract from the truth, which is very simple : you are trolling this community
with these posts of yours and you are not exactly very good at it.

If you want to take iCEBREAKER's place here then be my guest, it only took him 3 years to understand he was wasting his time and energy here .. maybe
you can do it in 2 years ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:20:49 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 11:42:50 PM by bigrcanada1

Shut your pie hole already... Sick and tired of  you and your goof troll fuck tards spewing  Bull shit and lies.

You fuck tards keep talking about shady this and that... Same thing over and over again, For years now. Obviously no one in the real cares or is buying your bullshit ... And its obvious that you're a lying sack of shit and a  troll.

Be our quest and keep up the good work... While I keep pumping and dumping trolleo. By the way  your ass hat dev fluffyputts is a winner alright.... Tards! In the mean time you might want to explain the fuckn compromised miner that minted a shit load of trolleo and the proven broken annon while you're at it,  ass hat.
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:15:30 PM

every topic has its wankers...
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

Where there is money there are lies.
Some people are blissful gullible and get rich. Some are professionals and get rich.
The one with the bad cards are the one with half wisdom.

If you so care about Dash's history you should start checking XMR's history. It will shock you how honest that one started.

From all the many Coins that came out 4 years ago there are very few that started the honest way. And those coins mostly went under and vanished.

Ask yourself: What was the motivation back then for anyone to create an Altcoin!?
What is the motivation for anyone to create ICO's this days?

Most ppl in crypto or at least the successfull ones comprehended that system very well or learned it very fast and know to navigate it.

The Coins that grew value did not get the value because of a fair or unfair start back then but because of the development that was put into them the last years. That's what matters. Or that is what should matter to you and the world the most and not if someone you should care less got rich along the way because you will never meet or cross his or her way anyway. The world is in need of a realisation of Satoshi's vision. You know what is happening with Bitcoin Core. We will need whatever good alternative we have left. Dash is the one that follows the vision best imo.

Bitcoin became useless for transaction the last weeks and months.

Dash is a bliss to me this days.

If Evan was honest/dishonest got rich did not get rich ... doesn't change anything. Dash is working and I thank everyone that contributed to get it working that well as it does today.

g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Since everything this coin has to offer relies on masternodes, which require a hefty amount of coin ownership to operate, nothing could more critical when considering the security of this network than coin ownership distribution. Especially if certain entities own 1M+. Literally violates the satoshi dream in every way possible.
Kakkles

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:24:44 PM

Just seems like at this point DASH doesn't really bring anything special to the table. There are better solutions out there at this point, Dash just has brand name and a lot of big money in it.
siassjerry

Activity: 92

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:33:53 PM

What is this coin into and for what reason would it be a good idea for us to be keen on putting resources into this coin are a portion of the inquiries to be replied before making a venture?
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:48:00 PM

WHY DID DUFFY DICK DELETE THIS?Huh

I'm about to pull out of Dash at this rate - Its performing so poorly against the competition.

lol. I feel bad for those short today.

Cause I should really stay out of trading. It's not where I'm best suited to be helping the project. It will lead to people changing their behavior on my behalf. Seems negative? I'm just trying to figure out where I best fit in and stay out of the rest.

On the other side though, I feel like it's my duty to inform the world that it is insane to short a hyper deflationary currency/medium. This is not a stock, it's not a commodity. It's a system of commerce. Going long you risk only the capital you put up, if short, you have infinite risk. Infinite risk on a hyper DEFLATIONARY asset. Think about it, it's going to get people hurt eventually.

It's not funny either, I want to express the idea a bit better, I think it's important for people to grasp.

EMC2 is switching to DASH X-11 ALGO ===> will this effect the ASICS? :-D thanks<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_emc2

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
Bombardier

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:13:06 PM

WHY DID DUFFY DICK DELETE THIS?Huh

I'm about to pull out of Dash at this rate - Its performing so poorly against the competition.

lol. I feel bad for those short today.

Cause I should really stay out of trading. It's not where I'm best suited to be helping the project. It will lead to people changing their behavior on my behalf. Seems negative? I'm just trying to figure out where I best fit in and stay out of the rest.

On the other side though, I feel like it's my duty to inform the world that it is insane to short a hyper deflationary currency/medium. This is not a stock, it's not a commodity. It's a system of commerce. Going long you risk only the capital you put up, if short, you have infinite risk. Infinite risk on a hyper DEFLATIONARY asset. Think about it, it's going to get people hurt eventually.

It's not funny either, I want to express the idea a bit better, I think it's important for people to grasp.

EMC2 is switching to DASH X-11 ALGO ===> will this effect the ASICS? :-D thanks<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_emc2

where did u read that?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:17:45 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 07:38:47 PM by qwizzie

Just seems like at this point DASH doesn't really bring anything special to the table. There are better solutions out there at this point, Dash just has brand name and a lot of big money in it.

Yeah you are right, just a brand name and some big money ....

+ fast transactions
+ ultra low fees
+ optional privacy on its transactions
+ optional instant transactions which can not be double spend
+ masternodes that receive 45% of the block reward
+ miners (incl ASIC) that receive 45% of the block reward
+ decentralized budget system that received 10% of the block reward (which means Dash has a budget of some 4 million dollars per month, to fund projects that directly benefits Dash)
+ decentralized governance system that votes over the decentralized budget system
+ on-chain scaling solution in its roadmap
+ 2MB blocksize
+ 3 internal decentralized autonomous organisations (DAO's) that gets funded directly from the blockchain (Core-Team, Dash Force News and Dash Labs)
+ Dash ATM providers
+ Dash Evolution that within 8 months will provide userfriendly wallets (so friendly that your mother can use it) and connects endusers to the Dash network through a decentralized API (DAPI)
+ Dash itself is setup to function as a decentralized autonomous organisation (DAO)
+ guarding and implementing Satoshi vision of having a peer-to-peer digital cash system for everyone to use with very low fees

Bombardier

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:18:32 PM

+ fast transactions
+ ultra low fees
+ decentralized budget system that received 10% of the block reward (which means Dash has a budget of some 4 million dollars per month, to fund projects that directly benefits Dash)
+ decentralized governance system that votes over the decentralized budget system
+ 2MB blocksize
+ 3 internal decentralized autonomous organisations (DAO's) that gets funded directly from the blockchain (Core-Team, Dash Force News and Dash Labs)
+ Dash ATM providers
+ Dash Evolution that within 8 months will provide userfriendly wallets (so friendly that your mother can use it) and connects endusers to the Dash network through a decentralized API (DAPI)
+ Dash itself is setup to function as a decentralized autonomous organisation (DAO)
+ guarding and implementing Satoshi vision of having a peer-to-peer digital cash system for everyone to use with very low fees

amen to that !
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:45:41 PM

+ fast transactions
+ ultra low fees
+ 2MB blocksize
+ Dash ATM providers

Thats right. Bitcoin will never have low fees and its not practical to buy cheap things with it. While Dash will always have low fees, because transactions are not verified by miners and unlike POS coins, Dash is not created out of thin air. All in all, Dash has both advantages of POW and POS coins, which is why it is way better option than bitcoin.
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:48:34 PM

Greetings, friends at Dash! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import <any address> and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777b: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade Dash via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:26:58 AM

******* Amber Alert *********

Bitnovo - who have agreements with retailers all over Spain including one of the largest Supermarkets and another huge consumer electronics chain to distribute bitcoin prepaid gift cards - are integrating Dash.

According to today's published Dashforce News interview with Bitnovo's CEO the integration is comprehensive and fully parallel with their bitcoin support, including online purchases, payment cards and the retailer gift cards that are sold in several thousand outlets across Spain.

Bitnovo's twitter feed has retweeted the Dashforcenews article, so seems legit.

Pages: « 1 ... 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 [6500] 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: