Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:23:10 AM

OK I found both wallet.dat files so take old dat  and copy  then paste into new dark coin wallet or dark coin wallet.dat

First thing you do is backup both wallets.dat files

Then install a new wallet from darkcoin.io.

Launch new wallet for the first time.

Now take turns dropping your backup wallet.dat files into appdata/roaming/darkcoin folder to see which one matches the address with the coins.

Once you've found the right wallet.dat just let the wallet sync and your coins will appear.

I just dropped the xcoin wallet.dat into new wallet roaming file, trying to open new wallet but it just says rescanning?
Should be in the /roaming/darkcoin folder, not /roaming folder?? or was that a typo?  Wasn't your wallet already fully sync'd?
new wallet synced and just typo, was asked if I wanted to replace xcoin.dat with dark coin.dat when I did it( I'm sure this what it asked but could be wrong) deleted newer wallet reinstalled it but same thing just rescanning
What do you mean by the bolded part? Once you overwrite the old one and it seems like you did all you need to do is run the wallet.
wallet was was only rescanning figured I did something wrong so deleted new wallet then reinstalled it still same thing looks like it going to start up then says rescanning after it says loading block index

Ok dude I'll help you out. What's your teamviewer thing?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:29:33 AM

Seems like pretty sound technology going into this coin.

yes indeed

Yup
these boys know what they are doing !
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:34:53 AM

OK I found both wallet.dat files so take old dat  and copy  then paste into new dark coin wallet or dark coin wallet.dat

Now take turns dropping your backup wallet.dat files into appdata/roaming/darkcoin folder to see which one matches the address with the coins.

Once you've found the right wallet.dat just let the wallet sync and your coins will appear.

I just dropped the xcoin wallet.dat into new wallet roaming file, trying to open new wallet but it just says rescanning?
Should be in the /roaming/darkcoin folder, not /roaming folder?? or was that a typo?  Wasn't your wallet already fully sync'd?
new wallet synced and just typo, was asked if I wanted to replace xcoin.dat with dark coin.dat when I did it( I'm sure this what it asked but could be wrong) deleted newer wallet reinstalled it but same thing just rescanning
What do you mean by the bolded part? Once you overwrite the old one and it seems like you did all you need to do is run the wallet.
wallet was was only rescanning figured I did something wrong so deleted new wallet then reinstalled it still same thing looks like it going to start up then says rescanning after it says loading block index

sent message
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:36:01 AM

Was about to try my hand at a masternode, but running into the dependencies that don't exist problem... CAn't install dependency because dependency is fake....

Need to install libboost-program-options, but there is no such package.
Need to install libboost-thread, but there is no such package.

My desktop has them installed. apt-get install on the server for the same packages and they don't exist in repo...

Quote from: bullshit and lies
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/darkcoin/src -I/root/darkcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o darkcoind leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o obj/cubehash.o obj/luffa.o obj/aes_helper.o obj/echo.o obj/shavite.o obj/simd.o obj/blake.o obj/bmw.o obj/groestl.o obj/jh.o obj/keccak.o obj/skein.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [darkcoind] Error 1
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src#

anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get install libboost-program-options
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libboost-program-options
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get install libboost-thread
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libboost-thread

Quote from: bullpiss and falsehoods
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get upgrade
Building dependency tree       
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I know what's missing. I know I have to install it. But it doesn't exist...

I think you can go with libboost-all-dev instead ? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:39:08 AM

libboost-all-dev
libssl-dev
libdb5.1dev
libdb-dev
miniupnpc
build-essential
libdd++-dev
libminiupnpc-dev
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:40:55 AM

sent you a pm
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:45:00 AM

Was about to try my hand at a masternode, but running into the dependencies that don't exist problem... CAn't install dependency because dependency is fake....

Need to install libboost-program-options, but there is no such package.
Need to install libboost-thread, but there is no such package.

My desktop has them installed. apt-get install on the server for the same packages and they don't exist in repo...

anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/darkcoin/src -I/root/darkcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o darkcoind leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o obj/cubehash.o obj/luffa.o obj/aes_helper.o obj/echo.o obj/shavite.o obj/simd.o obj/blake.o obj/bmw.o obj/groestl.o obj/jh.o obj/keccak.o obj/skein.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /root/darkcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [darkcoind] Error 1

anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get install libboost-program-options
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libboost-program-options
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get install libboost-thread
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libboost-thread

Quote from: bullpiss and falsehoods
anon@server:~/darkcoin/src# apt-get upgrade
Building dependency tree       
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Is DarkSend opensource already? Shocked
How could you start a masternode after building darkcoind from a source which doesn't have the reqiured code?
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:46:02 AM

How could you start a masternode after building darkcoind from source which doesn't have the reqiured code?

you have to wget the compiled daemon from darkcoin.io/download/rc/darkcoind

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
janos666

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:47:11 AM

How could you start a masternode after building darkcoind from source which doesn't have the reqiured code?

you have to wget the compiled daemon from darkcoin.io/download/rc/darkcoind

I forgot to quote. Check again.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:48:10 AM

sent you a pm
download and install use invite and pass I messaged you
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:06:13 AM

I wish someone could create a video like this explaining the Darkcoin system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qn3oPYo5c

Secondary wish: I wish I had the skills to do it myself!

I seem to recall there's a bounty for a video on Darkcoin...
falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:09:07 AM

FAIR WARNING: All of you guys asking for help to setup Masternodes should consider not running a Masternode. If you have issues deploying the wallet on any machine of any kind, you more than likely won't have the necessary background to fully harden that machine either. Instead of paying to get the wallet deployed only, pay for someone to identify an AMI/image for your or even better harden a long-term public release.

Also don't forget that security has to be an ongoing concern, and starting with a properly hardened image is not the end of it. You will have to daily monitor and remediate where necessary. You will also have to make sure your selected hosting company lives up to its name. You may have a properly secured machine, but it's only as secure as the infrastructure it sits on.

Considering 1K DRK is quite valuable today and likely to be more valuable in the future, don't just drop your Masternode out there in the wild like sitting ducks for script kiddies to compromise. If you get compromised, do not come back to complain about Darkcoin because this one is 99.99% on you (with the minor exception of wallet/client vulnerabilities).
sahana

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:12:17 AM

Get your ip from whatismyip.com

There is a similar ip search site called IP-Details.com to check our External ip address. Here it display IP address, ISP, Location, Country and so on,...
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:12:46 AM

FAIR WARNING: All of you guys asking for help to setup Masternodes should consider not running a Masternode. If you have issues deploying the wallet on any machine of any kind, you more than likely won't have the necessary background to fully harden that machine either. Instead of paying to get the wallet deployed only, pay for someone to identify an AMI/image for your or even better harden a long-term public release.

Also don't forget that security has to be an ongoing concern, and starting with a properly hardened image is not the end of it. You will have to daily monitor and remediate where necessary. You will also have to make sure your selected hosting company lives up to its name. You may have a properly secured machine, but it's only as secure as the infrastructure it sits on.

Considering 1K DRK is quite valuable today and likely to be more valuable in the future, don't just drop your Masternode out there in the wild like sitting ducks for script kiddies to compromise. If you get compromised, do not come back to complain about Darkcoin because this one is 99.99% on you (with the minor exception of wallet/client vulnerabilities).

is the DDOS protection required to keep the 1000DRK from being stolen by hackers, or just to prevent the masternode from being unusable?
falsealarm_bf

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:18:16 AM

is the DDOS protection required to keep the 1000DRK from being stolen by hackers, or just to prevent the masternode from being unusable?

Yes, DDOS variants can be used in support of security attacks but in reality it's more of a continuity of operations concern. You are likely to lose fees due to it rather than have your system compromised. Your selection of host should definitely offer services for DDOS prevention.
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:18:36 AM

MasterNode capable wallets are not available open source yet.  You must use the closed source RC1.  RC2 will also be closed source but should enable payments.  I don't know how many more release candidates we will have before it goes open source though??
I know some disagree, but preserving a technical edge over other coins for as long as possible I think is very important to this coin having the time to be fully established before anyone and everyone else who have larger market caps can just copy Darksend and implement it.  There should be no rush to open source Darksend and in fact, it should be made as hard as possible for others to copy it.
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:19:28 AM

Just more people like darkcoin than blackcoin...
janos666

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:25:11 AM

Just more people like darkcoin than blackcoin...

I will like it again after (and if) it sells itself for cheap again. Cheesy
I am starting to worry I will miss this train. It's more similar to a big DOGE pump with a long pump and slow decay rather than a BlackCoin kind of quick pump and lightning fast all-in big dump. Or it's neither, in which case my 4 BTC will never buy my 1100 DRK back. Undecided
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:44:09 AM

Yes, DDOS variants can be used in support of security attacks but in reality it's more of a continuity of operations concern. You are likely to lose fees due to it rather than have your system compromised. Your selection of host should definitely offer services for DDOS prevention.

thanks for the info, do you think the free package offered by cloudflare for example, would provide sufficient DDOS protection? How easy is it for a masternode to be DDOSed?
falsealarm_bf

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:07:21 AM

thanks for the info, do you think the free package offered by cloudflare for example, would provide sufficient DDOS protection? How easy is it for a masternode to be DDOSed?

Free services usually protect you with certain limits, i.e. certain protocols, certain amount of bandwidth, type of attack, etc. I could not find the necessary technical detail so you may want to take that question to Cloudflare directly. Their advanced service however promises they will attempt to mitigate all forms and sizes though I believe there would be a fine print with limitations there also.

Best is obviously to not leave everything to the hosting provider and layer your defenses as much as possible. Even come up with contingency plans with different hosting providers, etc. Sounds complicated but if you think of deploying multiple Masternodes and make money off of the associated service, definitely worth your time.

Again a reminder, DDOS is a must for considering but making security a daily concern is higher. DDOS is not likely to cost you 1K DRK but a simple vulnerability followed by a compromise will.
Pages: « 1 ... 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: