Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:58:29 AM

and ac2 is added to the ever growing ignore list. Don't feed the troll

That is not trolling. How come none of you are concerned about this??

12% of all the darkcoins that ever will be was instamined by Evan a couple of his friends on day 1.

What kind of dev launches a coin without a windows wallet?

Seriously people, learn the truth! You can't just put your head in the ground and pretend this didn't happen.

How many coins are your mining rigs producing for you? 1 maybe 2 per day...

Well, your wonderful dev and less than 10 of his friends instamined 500 coins per second on day 1.

Think about that for a minute, that is a FACT, not trolling. 500 coins per second!

How do you feel about that?

What a pity you weren`t there at that time. I was looking at X coin when was anunced its start but was mining something more profitable Cheesy hehe, histry likes doing jokes....
Even if....he does all the drk work, without him and development of this coin, it could have been like many other...shitcoins....

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:59:39 AM

For 140 MNs now the payment will be 7,814285714285714 drk
About a week ago I think I predicted 200 MNs by Wednesday and 500 by 21st.

I wish there were mode details on the 'voting' system. By what criteria exactly are masternodes selected? Or is it mostly random?

I think operator panache should be factored in.  Cool
ac2

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:59:54 AM

12% of all the darkcoins that ever will be was instamined by Evan a couple of his friends on day 1.

I got into this coin because of the technology. Maybe you don't understand investments, but what matters about them is how much YOU own, not how much everyone else owns.

Thanks for advising is that the coin wasn't launched with a Windows wallet. That is about number 100 of my list of concerns right now but I appreciate it's pretty high up on yours.

So here's what I suggest you do - go back to the [ANN] archives and spend a week compiling a list of all the coins that were launched with Windows wallets and then go and plough some BTC into them. Might make you rich  Wink

You're missing the point...
It's fine that you don't mind, that you are biased and this nasty little FACT doesn't bother you.

But how do you think this will play out in the media?

This coin is tainted, permanently. I'm glad that Evan is pushing the boundaries on technology, but darksend can not have any real traction until it is open sourced, and the moment that happens, several clones will pop up. They won't have dodgy names and branding like 'dark' coin, and they will have a zero premine, zero instamine, fair launch.

And how will they market themselves? As the privacy centric coin that is not a scam like that darkcoin.

Will it bother you then?
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:00:26 PM

I did some calculations, and unless I'm mistaken, assuming block reward goes down to 5 within the next days and diff stays there from now own, we won't even see the 11M coins, more like 10M coins ... (hopefully someone will review the calculations and confirm

Currently there are 4,268,791DRK, and the coin halves every 2 years, that means next halve will happen after 353,283 blocks, that will be after 613 days more or less, so by Jan-Feb 2016 we will have 6,035,206 DRK. After that, as follows:

Feb 2018 +1,766,415 = 7,801,621
Feb 2020 +1,051,200 = 8,852,821
Feb 2022 +525,600 = 9,378,421
Feb 2024 +262,800 = 9,641,221
Feb 2026 +131,400 = 9,772,621
Feb 2028 +65,700 = 9,838,321
Feb 2030 +32,850 = 9,871,171
Feb 2032 +16,425 = 9,887,596

So, unless I calculated it wrongly, it looks like the cap will be around 10M, even if block reward needs 1 or 2 months to end up at 5, we are in any case talking about less than 11M DRKs.

Edit: the calculations are wrong, as JGCMiner stated, the coin doesn't halve but decreases 7% yearly.
That means the cap is around 19M assuming block reward goes down to 5 within the next weeks.

Some non official websites still have old information about this:
http://altcoins.com/drk-darkcoin-cpu-anonymous-coin.html
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75119
http://crypto-coins-table.com/coins/DRK/index.php

This is a long thread...new buyers have not read it all...

Do you know that darkcoin was instamined at 500 coins per second on day 1?

Do you know that in the first 24hrs 2.2 million coins were mined?

Do you know that no windows wallet was available on day 1?

how many were mined in the first 24 hours for bitcoin and litecoin??

This isn't 2009, nor the first (or one of the early) coins to launch.  Should standards not improve?

The thing is nearmiss, all of the 'concerns' mentioned by yappy little chihuahua #2 have been completely and utterely thrashed out three times over to the point of exhaustion, and we're all really tired and bored of it. If you can't be bothered to read and research, you shouldn't be investing in anything.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:00:59 PM

I am not sure if I understand the concern.  Price, difficulty (i.e. net hashrate), and popularity go hand and hand since this is a free market.  If DRK becomes popular enough for "govthugs" to even entertain the idea of developing private ASICs then the price must be MUCH higher and thus profitable to mine (even at a 5 coin reward).  

You're still thinking like a rational, decent person.

Guv is not motivated by profit. It doesn't care about the price. It sees a threat to control of it's slaves and it will spend any amount of money stolen from those slaves to eliminate the threat. It makes way more money stealing, taxing, feeing. It'll blow 50mil of everyone else's money on a rack of custom ASICs to destroy DRK just for the sake of destroying DRK. It's not about profit.

If your coin doesn't move up to ASICs, you're handing "them" The Bomb that "they" will use to destroy your coin. The only way to defend against The Bomb is to be The Bomb. If your Value/mine rate keeps ASICs down, then your coin will be nuked by a custom, private, not-concerned-with-profit-or-cost ASIC. Period.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:02:07 PM

Note to Devs: We've been running our DarkCoin pool for some time but just noticed we're not listed in your main list. Could you please add us in? Many thanks

Updated wallet to handle the fork

MineP.it DarkCoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers be ready for launch!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://drk.minep.it:3365 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • 24/7 on-site IRC chat
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:03:42 PM

It's fine that you don't mind, that you are biased and this nasty little FACT doesn't bother you.

This coin is tainted, permanently. I'm glad that Evan is pushing the boundaries on technology, but darksend can not have any real traction until it is open sourced, and the moment that happens, several clones will pop up. They won't have dodgy names and branding like 'dark' coin, and they will have a zero premine, zero instamine, fair launch.

And how will they market themselves? As the privacy centric coin that is not a scam like that darkcoin.

Will it bother you then?

No, it won't bother me because I've though about all these things. A good deal more than you have apparently.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:04:34 PM

How do I feel about it? I feel fine about it, I don't care about how many coins other people have, if I did I would never get into Bitcoin.

But if you are asking how do I feel about trolling?

This is how I feel.

Next time chose better the coin you support

Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:05:09 PM

Looks like VTC is following DRK up now.. The anti ASIC alliance getting stronger...

Yeah it very well is, but i must say, that ASIC's are inevitable for any POW coin, as much as i hate them, i think in the end its the only way to go, because the energy consumption is crazy and look at the difficulty for darkcoin now i only get about 1 DRK a day max now, even if the price of them went, up, so does the hashrate and makes them even harder to mine.

Yep watching them both, been some crazy buy walls on DRK and VTC (more unusual here) someone on cryptsy has parked the proverbial bus under VTC all weekend now...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:05:34 PM

The next stage of DarkSend

What type of return will you see?

- If there’s 1 capable master node, you’ll receive all payments 576*(AverageReward/10) per day

Capable Nodes, Daily Reward
1, 1094DRK
2, 547DKR
5, 218DRK
10, 109DRK
20, 54DRK
50, 21DRK
100, 11DRK

As you can see, we’ll quickly reach equilibrium with the price and at the same time this will create buying pressure raising the price more and causing the network to become increasingly secure.

Also, we can build our master node network now in the immediate. Users can buy the darkcoin needed to run one and they will just run the beta client. We'll open source the election code and hard fork to add the payments to master nodes in and our network will be secure by the time we're ready to do a full launch.

I really love the idea, thoughts?

As it currently stands with price and difficulty, master nodes should yield the most profitable rewards. For the price of a small rig, you can buy some DRK and get the same output as someone with ~50 - 100 mh/s.

The rate goes down with more nodes, but it's still a great investment at the moment. For the amount of capital, you are probably looking at a better return than an average rental property because the set-up costs are so much lower.

For 140 MNs now the payment will be 7,814285714285714 drk

(Apr 2 reward was almost 18  ~ 20)

24hr avg diff is 1468.024, 24hr avg reward is 10.613
http://drk.poolhash.org/graph.html
http://drk.poolhash.org/24hrdiff.html

576 * 10.613 /10 = 611.3088

140NM -> 4.337
200NM -> 3.056
300NM -> 2.037

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:05:46 PM

I am not sure if I understand the concern.  Price, difficulty (i.e. net hashrate), and popularity go hand and hand since this is a free market.  If DRK becomes popular enough for "govthugs" to even entertain the idea of developing private ASICs then the price must be MUCH higher and thus profitable to mine (even at a 5 coin reward).  

Guv is not motivated by profit. It doesn't care about the price. It sees a threat to control of it's slaves and it will spend any amount of money stolen from those slaves to eliminate the threat. It makes way more money stealing, taxing, feeing. It'll blow 50mil of everyone else's money on a rack of custom ASICs to destroy DRK just for the sake of destroying DRK. It's not about profit.

If your coin doesn't move up to ASICs, you're handing "them" The Bomb that "they" will use to destroy your coin. The only way to defend against The Bomb is to be The Bomb. If your Value/mine rate keeps ASICs down, then your coin will be nuked by a custom, private, not-concerned-with-profit-or-cost ASIC. Period.

Tell me, what part of, "A one line change in the code renders ASICs instantly useless," am I wrong about?
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:08:40 PM

I got into this coin because of the technology. Maybe you don't understand investments, but what matters about them is how much YOU own, not how much everyone else owns.

Thanks for advising is that the coin wasn't launched with a Windows wallet. That is about number 100 of my list of concerns right now but I appreciate it's pretty high up on yours.

So here's what I suggest you do - go back to the [ANN] archives and spend a week compiling a list of all the coins that were launched with Windows wallets and then go and plough some BTC into them. Might make you rich  Wink

Will it bother you then?

Anybody who trusts a thoughtless, clone coin dev to fix issues and/or develop new features to improve and further cryptocurreny annomonity with their money deserves whatever may befall their investment.

Btw, the number was closer to 1.7mil over the first 48 hours and by doing some basic address analysis on the blockchain it is known that it has long been distributed.
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:10:10 PM

So with ccminer finally supporting X11, I've moved my Nvidia 750ti rig over to mining darkcoin (which felt AWESOME). Some rough numbers:

5x 750ti cards at load:
- 7650 kh/s (1530 kh/s per card)
- 240W total system draw at the wall

So if we assume ~40W draw from rest of the system (motherboard, cpu, hdd, psu inefficiencies), that leads to some pretty nice stats

38 kh/s/W for Nvidia 750ti (1530kh / 40W)
22 kh/s/W for AMD 7970 (2200kh / 100W)

From memory, this is even better performance (relative to AMD) than scrypt gets. Which means Nvidia is the clear winner for X11 mining, at least for the moment.

Can you provide some screenshot? I can not believe that 750-ti making such a good results on x11.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:11:07 PM

Will it bother you then?

The mentality of the OP in this quote defines exactly why a Windows wallet wasn't wanted.

I'm pretty sure X Coin was launched without a Windows Wallet, deliberately, to keep Low Information Coiners from making a mess of it before it got started... Too easy to botnet, etc, on Windows. No lazy/stupid/sloppy sabotage problems. In fact, it's one of the very reasons I found the coin appealing; launch excluded "those kind" of people.

Beta should be left to people who know what the hell they are doing, not a thread full of clueless whiners who haven't seen a piece of code in their lives... Those people need something EVENTUALLY, but they are a major pain in the ass when you're trying to get something of the ground. Let them whine that they didn't get to instamine anything, whatever. Boohoo, grow brains enough to participate in a useful way then maybe you'll get your day 1 money hose. Kinda like masternodes... If you don't have the brains to set it up, you don't get paid. It puts all you lazy contribution-less Windows Proof of Stakers out on your ass; where you belong. If you can't contribute anything useful, you don't get to be there for day 1. Working as intended. Bite my shiny metal ass.

My contributions are marginal, but still a lot better than "Screw you for not letting my dumb ass instamine."

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
ac2

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:11:25 PM

Will it bother you then?

Oh, and one more thing...

Do you know that although Evan is a smart, dedicated Dev, his solution to anonymity is NOT the best solution out there?

Google 'ring signiture,' google 'monero,' google 'darkwallet,' and you will find that you have put your trust a good solution, but NOT the best solution.

You dark loyalist's have a wierd saviour complex about your dev. He is alright, but he has nothing on the dev's of ring signature coins. They are hackers. They are genuine cryptographers. Evan Duffield is an everyday software designer who wanted to have a go at solving the anonymity problem.

Good on him! I salute him for trying! But buyer beware...darksend could be smashed by NSA or hackers in a heartbeat. And even if Darkcoin and darksend is well received how will you compete with more marketable clones?

Hail Evan the almighty! We don't mind that you instamined 10% of all the coins that ever will be on day 1! We don't mind that your darksend solution is no where near as good as monero's ring signature solution. We have blind faith in you...

Don't hang onto those dark coins for too long...
lohveh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:13:28 PM

I did some calculations, and unless I'm mistaken, assuming block reward goes down to 5 within the next days and diff stays there from now own, we won't even see the 11M coins, more like 10M coins ... (hopefully someone will review the calculations and confirm

Currently there are 4,268,791DRK, and the coin halves every 2 years, that means next halve will happen after 353,283 blocks, that will be after 613 days more or less, so by Jan-Feb 2016 we will have 6,035,206 DRK. After that, as follows:

Feb 2018 +1,766,415 = 7,801,621
Feb 2020 +1,051,200 = 8,852,821
Feb 2022 +525,600 = 9,378,421
Feb 2024 +262,800 = 9,641,221
Feb 2026 +131,400 = 9,772,621
Feb 2028 +65,700 = 9,838,321
Feb 2030 +32,850 = 9,871,171
Feb 2032 +16,425 = 9,887,596

So, unless I calculated it wrongly, it looks like the cap will be around 10M, even if block reward needs 1 or 2 months to end up at 5, we are in any case talking about less than 11M DRKs.

Edit: the calculations are wrong, as JGCMiner stated, the coin doesn't halve but decreases 7% yearly.
That means the cap is around 19M assuming block reward goes down to 5 within the next weeks.

Some non official websites still have old information about this:
http://altcoins.com/drk-darkcoin-cpu-anonymous-coin.html
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75119
http://crypto-coins-table.com/coins/DRK/index.php

This is a long thread...new buyers have not read it all...

Do you know that darkcoin was instamined at 500 coins per second on day 1?

Do you know that in the first 24hrs 2.2 million coins were mined?

Do you know that no windows wallet was available on day 1?

Do you know that your coin was pre mined by Billions ? hahaha get the fuck off !
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:14:05 PM

Tell me, what part of, "A one line change in the code renders ASICs instantly useless," am I wrong about?

You're not wrong about it. You're 100% right. I can write one line of code that will make the client send everyone's coins to my address... I can write one line of code to do a lot of things.

You're just not considering that it will destroy all trust in the dev/coin if it is done. You can't make huge changes in functionality like that down the road. This coin has morphed enough already... It can't afford to jack around any more. I don't care if its 1 line or 500 lines. Such a serious and fundamental change will fuck trust in the coin.

As with the coin cap choices that have finally been finalized, I beg, pick something and stick with it. You can't change something like this and expect the project to live. We have enough doofus trolls in here with their half-baked arguments who don't understand what they're talking about... We don't need to give them an ACTUAL reason to troll...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
flat4power

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:15:27 PM

is darkcoin.io/beta.php down ?
not possible to connect Sad
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:16:10 PM

How can I confirm that new stratum (NOMP) works well on RC2.
I could find the block but, couldn't check masternode payout transactions info in block explorer
(http://23.23.186.131:1234/chain/DarkCoin <- testnet block explorer is not working now)

If I find a block on testnet, is it enough for testing?
I got 500 coins, but I thought I must get 450 coins. Isn't it?

For the moment, use darkcoind getblocktemplate.
If payee is none, 500.
(no rpc command yet to check previous block payee)

As I am testing more, I could see some of blocks I mined are 500 and some of them are 450.
Is it possible to have 500 coins? Is it normal behavior?

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:16:33 PM

is darkcoin.io/beta.php down ?
not possible to connect Sad

use this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6659428#msg6659428 Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: