Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

Seeing Doge go down in flames will make me so joyous. Innovate or abdicate, bitches.

I was under the impression that they have done a very good job in getting exposure and new people into cryptos. Having the tech and innovations is only half the battle.

Yup Doge is whether you like like it or not good for all crypto. It's the gateway drug for a lot of people who see bitcoin as expensive/scary. Leave them to their demented happy world. Some shibes will turn into DRKdoges.
Firster

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:52:46 PM

This currency is beyond my imagination Yeah.
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:56:43 PM

https://medium.com/on-banking/a923facddc3c

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:01:36 PM

Yup Doge is whether you like like it or not good for all crypto. It's the gateway drug for a lot of people who see bitcoin as expensive/scary. Leave them to their demented happy world. Some shibes will turn into DRKdoges.

We already have that  Wink
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:04:15 PM

Need a gf with big boobs

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Has anyone had any success running a masternode from a wallet on a local machine? No matter what I try, my node goes to status 0 after an hour or so.

It seems like this started happening on the later versions, it was definitely working with cold wallets on earlier versions. I dont think there is anything wrong with the setup process. I think we have to wait for a statement on the matter from the devs, I am sure we will hear from eduffield soon.

Maybe you misunderstood my PM, cold masternodes are NOT implemented yet.

You can "hide" the node with the money and have the wallet be encrypted, but you can't really take it offline. The idea of the masternode network is they have to prove they're available for service, so the source node must continue to ping the network.

What you're talking about could be a feature for later on in the future. But I haven't had time to implement something like that yet.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

MRO could be a better coin with better features then Darkcoin but if there is no hype where will the coin be? you need both innovation and Hype to make it big Darkcoin came along at the right time

Question is, who is the developer of MRO?  Is s/he working on a GUI wallet?  Does s/he have future plans for new innovations and is s/he capable of implementing them?  Evan has proven himself quite capable so far.  The excitement I get from Darkcoin comes from Evan's ideas (and the community's) and his ability to make these things happen.  He's also devoted 100% of his time for the next two years to this coin, which is a huge commitment.  (well, half of that's run out now)  I'm certain he won't disappear after that, but I'm also certain we won't need 100% of his time anymore either.

I don't think it's hype that has finally brought the attention of the community at large to Darkcoin, but the incredible work and devotion that Evan has given this super innovative coin.  It's only hype if it's not real.  This is real.

+1, Evan has proven to be a terrific dev. Darkcoin will also have Ring Signatures and I2P, along with masternodes. No other "anonymous" coin can compete, especially not clones like Monero.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

DarkSend will be enabled by default in the final release if it is not already in the release candidates (I am running the stable version for now).  So this is a non-issue.

Quote from: toknormal on Today at 12:13:51 PM
BTC has gone through a 5 month consolidation, during which it compressed down to less than half it's peak value.DRK on the other hand has inflated by about 1000% in the space of about 2-3 weeks.

On the other hand DRK's price was stagnant for months.  This is not a MRO type pump where the coin has been on exchanges for a couple days and it has already done 5x or 6x.  I see DRK's price growth as excitement over an ever closer DarkSend release and more public recognition via articles like the one in Wired today.  That's the thing about technical(market) analysis in a market this illiquid.  You get a nice article that no one knows about in advance other than the author and we are on the rise again.  Way too much is unknown to do more than guess based on pass experiences from other coins which may or may not apply.  If DRK was just another coin it would have been dumped in a few days like BlackCoin.  Yet is has been nearly a month on the rise.

Thanks for posting that.

I like the idea that Darksend is going to be the default mode for the network eventually because I've been telling people that thats the big difference between DRK and Dark Wallet - i.e. that income remains private.

re. guessing on the future, yes, I accept your point. We are all guessing and I'm happy to "let people have their fun". But at the same time there's a balance to strike because price hysteria can come at the price of turning the thread into a cult sideshow. It just gets overrun by pumpers and dumpers waiting on their rise and the thread ceases to be informative for investors which IMO should be its main purpose. (As I say, I've done my fair share of it, so no fingers pointed in any direction that isn't also my own).

Having said all that, the points you've made about the long term future of a currency like this are basically ones that I agree with. Whatever Bitcoin's future as a store of value, there's bound to be a massive part of the economy that just doesn't want to be transacting on a blockchain as transparent as Bitcoin's full stop.

It's a no brainer.

chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:09:08 PM

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

Masternode list compared to darkcoin.io list.

http://drk.poolhash.org/subver.html

Client subversion graphed.

Do update !

Connected Darkcoin client is 220.
Code:
{
    "version" : 90406,
    "protocolversion" : 70015,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 72326,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 220,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 2465.16929414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1396965197,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
    "errors" : ""
}

Traffic, Packet, Tcp graph.

fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:09:19 PM

anyone interested in buying drkcoin.com

message me

Large potential for a shop, services, guides, fan pages and more

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
solo20

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:11:10 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 04:33:14 PM by solo20

MRO could be a better coin with better features then Darkcoin but if there is no hype where will the coin be? you need both innovation and Hype to make it big Darkcoin came along at the right time

Question is, who is the developer of MRO?  Is s/he working on a GUI wallet?  Does s/he have future plans for new innovations and is s/he capable of implementing them?  Evan has proven himself quite capable so far.  The excitement I get from Darkcoin comes from Evan's ideas (and the community's) and his ability to make these things happen.  He's also devoted 100% of his time for the next two years to this coin, which is a huge commitment.  (well, half of that's run out now)  I'm certain he won't disappear after that, but I'm also certain we won't need 100% of his time anymore either.

I don't think it's hype that has finally brought the attention of the community at large to Darkcoin, but the incredible work and devotion that Evan has given this super innovative coin.  It's only hype if it's not real.  This is real.

by saying Darkcoin is being fueled by hype is not a bad thing you guys are acting like its not part of the equation for a coin to succeed
I think you are getting the wrong impression about me I do not support MRO. I support darkcoin and other coins I think might have a shot to go mainstream like bitcoin has in the end its all about money
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:13:16 PM

Masternode was easy to get going. Just a bit of time searching whenever I got stuck.
Thanks guys for all the good posts here that I could reference.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

Has anyone had any success running a masternode from a wallet on a local machine? No matter what I try, my node goes to status 0 after an hour or so.

It seems like this started happening on the later versions, it was definitely working with cold wallets on earlier versions. I dont think there is anything wrong with the setup process. I think we have to wait for a statement on the matter from the devs, I am sure we will hear from eduffield soon.

You can "hide" the node with the money and have the wallet be encrypted, but you can't really take it offline. The idea of the masternode network is they have to prove they're available for service, so the source node must continue to ping the network.

What you're talking about could be a feature for later on in the future. But I haven't had time to implement something like that yet.

Got it!  Sorry I missed the PM, would have posted about it sooner.  Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:23:33 PM

Got it!  Sorry I missed the PM, would have posted about it sooner.  Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify.

Well that explains that :p.

So I moved one wallet.dat to its corresponding masternode, but when I try to start the masternode I get
Code:
-bash: ![y: event not found

I took a lot of norco this morning, so if somebody could hold my hand and tell me it'll be ok that would be awesome...
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:25:18 PM

Darkcoin price ticker Android app.

You can download it from Google Play store.
By searching on:

- DRK price
- DRK price ticker
- Darkcoin price
- Darkcoin price ticker
- Price ticker

Or going to the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.wiskunde.drk&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Darkcoin donation address: Xs6CMP9B4uaiyYe1XqQDK5dPa5wXB1Nnn2
Thank you for developing for the community. Donation sent!

I hope others open their wallets as well!
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

Thanks guys! I'll just run it with the wallet on the node for now then.

jcarl987

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

Got it!  Sorry I missed the PM, would have posted about it sooner.  Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify.

So I moved one wallet.dat to its corresponding masternode, but when I try to start the masternode I get
Code:
-bash:  event not found

I took a lot of norco this morning, so if somebody could hold my hand and tell me it'll be ok that would be awesome...

I guess you have an exclamation mark in your password. Try enclosing it in single quotes.

By the way it looks like you have just given out a piece of your password, if so then maybe best to edit your post.

eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:29:20 PM

Got it!  Sorry I missed the PM, would have posted about it sooner.  Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify.

Code:

I guess you have an exclamation mark in your password. Try enclosing it in single quotes.

By the way it looks like you have just given out a piece of your password, if so then maybe best to edit your post.

Lol - I tried double quotes earlier but my linux-fu is lacking.  Plus I'm stoned as fuck (I don't take this crap very often).

That was it thanks!
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

pool.terahashers.com
  • Dedicated pool server with VARDIFF, using the PROP (proportional) reward system.
  • Server with HIGH performance backend, with selected components in hand-tuned C code.
  • No need to register. Just use your wallet address as username!

stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5001 -u <yourwalletaddress> -p <anypassword>

Please join, and let me know if you have any problems!

As a measure for promoting my new pool, and for a limited period of time, miners with high hashrates can win a daily prize.
Check it out!

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
jcarl987

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:33:03 PM

Code:

Lol - I tried double quotes earlier but my linux-fu is lacking.  Plus I'm stoned as fuck (I don't take this crap very often).

That was it thanks!

No worries! I had the same problem not long ago and also tried the double quotes before I figured it out Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: