Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 [2214] 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722523 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

I read zero of what you say, because 100% crap is very hard to take to even turn my head that way. What is it with you? getting payed to be here? No one wants you here. What is your incentive to be here? Dont like it, leave! No one is forcing you to be here, and buy or mine DRK. WHY are you even mining DRK?

The immense amount of energy trying to defame DRK is really really intriguing.

And yes, unfortunately big bold coloured text does make me catch some snippets from you, and its always the lowest of disinformation.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

With masternodes darkcoin is similar to being 20% PoS. This reduces the already small inflation by miner dumpers.

All of this without the drawbacks of being a PoS coin.

People who bitch about this should visit threads of coins that are 100% PoS  Grin

It is not pure PoS. It is PoS while at the same time providing a service!! Thats the brilliance of it. Proof of Stake turned into Proof of Service.
 Utterly brilliant, and a guarantee of future development, with what masternodes can provide apart from anonymity.

But yeah, too long to lay it out. Tired of quacking about it. Do your own diligence, but do it quick before its too late!
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:36:55 PM

And thank you camosoul today for higher quality post without menstruation <3
[hugs]

I'm a heartless bitch. It's all about me and making money. Just to show you how selfish and greedy I am, I sold all my used tampons to vampires for making tea...

yeah I can't do much about the vamps and stuf.. and I can't beat you on the techy aspect..

but please let me put a smile on your face

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=346841652140233
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:41:41 PM

The elite masternode operators are allowed to collect a 20% tax from the miners.  But it gets better, they don't have to do anything to collect that tax.    

Much like devcoin where miners give 90% (!) of what they mine to developers.
That's a good thing, you can't compare it to something coercive like a tax.

r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:50:15 PM

Hello everybody.

I'd just like to announce we spent all day working on the website for the children's charity and it will be wonderful. We have more work to do  so it will probably only be ready next week. We decided to hire a professional designer so hopefully everyone enjoys it, cheers and have a great evening,

r-ando

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

This is whats really going on! ASIC raping LTC, and LTC bagholder runnning for their lives. This is what is tickling's DRK price down, and big investors are just loving it, because when they bombard back into DRK (next dev stage), well ...

Can anyone explain to me what this chart means??  What does the green represent, what does the pink?  What does the shift left to right indicate and the hight?  I've been trying to understand for a while now, but I'm so clueless!  Thanks!

It's volume of buys and sells in litecoin. Red is the volume of sells, green volume of buys.

Not so fast with your celebrating

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

I read zero of what you say, because 100% crap is very hard to take to even turn my head that way. What is it with you? getting payed to be here? No one wants you here. What is your incentive to be here? Dont like it, leave! No one is forcing you to be here, and buy or mine DRK. WHY are you even mining DRK?

And yes, unfortunately big bold coloured text does make me catch some snippets from you, and its always the lowest of disinformation.

He must of lost a lot recently in communitycoin.

Taking out his frustrations in here. Sad, very sad.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

If we really don't want him here, just report all his posts as spam.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:07:35 PM

...toytown politics...

I always cringe when I hear crypto-currency miners try to do moral grandstanding like this.

When throwing your toys out of the pram doesn't work, try convincing everyone your on some libertarian ethics crusade. Make sure you hit all the buzzword buttons like "tax", "levied" and "elite", plus get the font size up cos if you shout louder people might think you actually believe what your saying.

There are plenty of clowns in crypto already but and if you're so desperate to join them then that post will get you top marks.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

If we really don't want him here, just report all his posts as spam.

I just did.

Yes, shojayxt, we understand you. Tnks for the info!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Now go to sleep and let adults do business  Grin
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

Is this something that could be implemented in drk? Think about world-wide general adoption and the requirements it brings on the performance of the blockchain. This solution sounds almost too good to be true..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643758.0
http://bitfreak.info/mbc-wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Benefits of the mini-blockchain scheme

By replacing the full blockchain with a mini-blockchain and by using a self-contained ledger system (the account tree) for tracking the balance of non-empty addresses, it's possible to dramatically reduce the need for storing long term historical transaction data and it provides an optimal level of compression, meaning consistently fast network synchronization speeds.

As a result of this the max block size can be made much larger and it's possible to increase the transaction bandwidth significantly without having to worry about blockchain bloating. The increase in block space will also result in lower fees and more flexibility when it comes to issues like embedding custom messages into the blockchain.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:22:35 PM

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):
Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

Everything in red is more or less accurate, though I don't have a current status on i2p (I'll ask Evan).

Code audit is lined up with a well known party.

Once Evan has a first run of the RC4 code, we're going to release the details.  At that point, we're confident that our competitors won't be able to catch up.  Look for that to happen ~10-12 days from now.

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.
piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:24:21 PM

With masternodes darkcoin is similar to being 20% PoS. This reduces the already small inflation by miner dumpers.

All of this without the drawbacks of being a PoS coin.

People who bitch about this should visit threads of coins that are 100% PoS  Grin

It is not pure PoS. It is PoS while at the same time providing a service!! Thats the brilliance of it. Proof of Stake turned into Proof of Service.
 Utterly brilliant, and a guarantee of future development, with what masternodes can provide apart from anonymity.

But yeah, too long to lay it out. Tired of quacking about it. Do your own diligence, but do it quick before its too late!

I wrote similar. Similar in terms of inflation, that is who gets new coins. And where did I write darkcoin is pure PoS?

Read more carefully before telling people what they should do  Wink
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:41:21 PM

Holy mother of Master Nodes Batman.

Cheesy
Yeah! New coins101s sig but the price still the same Smiley

+101

Awesome.

Too bad the miners can't be so giddy about the reduction in their mining profits.

Realistically, all you see posted from masternode operators is profit profit profit.  This comes at the expense of the miners.  If the masternode operators can be so focused on profit then why shouldn't the miners?  It would be foolish to mine on a pool taking 20% of your profits when you can mine on a pool that doesn't.  In case anyone missed it, here is the list of pools where you'll earn 20% more for your mining efforts.

nicehash.com
ghash.io
x11.ltc1btc.com
darkcoin.cryptocurrency.tw
dark.hashrate.eu
dark.v2.dedicatedpool.com

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:41:56 PM

Anonymint has been spending the past couple of days tearing apart XMR. From his posts, it's clear that their solution is nowhere near perfect. So they put in all this effort, have a coin that is non-compatible with Bitcoin api, generates tons of bloat, and in the end there are still big loopholes. What was the purpose of all that effort, if not to create a bulletproof coin? Not sure if that renders all Cryptonote coins DOA, but it sure raises questions. What is the purpose of CN coins if they have all these negatives, but few real positives?
hashmoon

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

lol you made so maaany post, you really love drk do you?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

lol you made so maaany post, you really love drk do you?

Wants the price to go down so he can buy up before RC4.

He's on ignore, so have no idea what he's spouting now, but I guess he is just after cheap drk
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:50:45 PM

Anonymint has been spending the past couple of days tearing apart XMR. From his posts, it's clear that their solution is nowhere near perfect. So they put in all this effort, have a coin that is non-compatible with Bitcoin api, generates tons of bloat, and in the end there are still big loopholes. What was the purpose of all that effort, if not to create a bulletproof coin? Not sure if that renders all Cryptonote coins DOA, but it sure raises questions. What is the purpose of CN coins if they have all these negatives, but few real positives?

Compatibility with Bitcoin is one of the reasons I got into DRK in a big way.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:51:45 PM

He must of lost a lot recently in communitycoin.

Taking out his frustrations in here. Sad, very sad.

Ha ha.  They were giving away free coins.  I tried and failed to get any free coins.  I bought some on the exchanges.  Ended up getting out at a small loss "less than .2 btc" before it completely tanked.  Communitycoin was another scam anyway.  Besides, I had barely been involved in crypto for three months so I didn't really know any better and fell for the hype just like Darkcoin people are doing.  The only problem for them is that many have suffered significant losses on this coin.  Losses they are not likely to get back anytime soon if ever.

I'm flattered that you're spending so much time getting to know about me though.  It makes me feel special.  
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:52:43 PM

Are you being disingenuous or do you just suck at math? If you have twice the blockchain growth with just a tiny fraction of the transactions, what do you think will happen if you were at real volumes?
Transaction identification by prefix: this feature will let us to cut off ring signatures from blockchain that under checkpoint - save space by 30-70%(depends of mixin usage) -Crypto_Zoidberg, Boolberry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0

Whoa, I wonder what that is, I wonder if you seperate the daemon and wallet, that you can create light clients so you dont have to download the full blockchain, just like with Bitcoin!

It's funny to see that you completely ignore the other points, when you've been outed as a Liar. Lmfao.

In the above quote, BrillianRocket(A huge darkcoin fanboy), wanted to know how Cryptonote's bloat of the blockchain issue could be solved, I answered that for him(He lied in a previous quote, so I addressed that too)

I've listed the Flaws of Darkcoin and Monero.

Darkcoin's Flaws:

1) Darkcoin has a 50% instamine by it's own developers during launch, as the block reward was set to 500, and there was no windows wallets/miners. Evan, the developer, and Internetape, the other developer, instamined over 1million Darkcoin's within 24 hours.

2) Darkcoin's name itself, Darkcoin, will always be affiliated with illegal activity like the Darkweb, Drugs, etc, and the name itself ensures that Darkcoin will never reach anything close to mainstream acceptance.

3) Darkcoin's "anonymity" is based on coinjoin, it simply mixes users coins around, making it harder to track it. However, if even the slightest taint if found when mixing the coins, an investigator will be able to deduce who sent what and who received what. The maker of coinjoin, Gmaxwell, deeply criticized Darkcoin since it's coinjoin based "anonymity" is basically a joke.

4) Darkcoin's mixing system/coinjoin relies on something called Masternodes, Masternodes are nodes that are set up by people, anyone can set one up, and Masternodes are the things that mix the coin around. Masternodes also present many risks besides giving trivial "anonymity", if all masternodes are owned by one individual, he will be able to "de-anonymize" Darkcoin and see all transactions clearly.

5) Darkcoin's Masternode Payment system has forked the network many times, and has failed Twice in the effort to pay the owners of Masternodes.

6) Darkcoin's Masternode/Darksend system is closed source, so that means the developers could be stealing coins, or doing any other malicious things, and it will remain unnoticed

7) The Masternodes can always be DDOSed, effectively shutting them down, if the majority of Masternodes were taken offline(they are mostly hosted on Amazon servers), then Darkcoin's trivial anonymity will completely shut off

Cool There are many many other flaws, it will take up too much space to list, so I've listed the main ones.

Monero's Flaws:

1) Monero's bloating/scaling is an issue, where the blockchain itself takes up a lot of space on someone's computer, however, there have solutions to this, as shown by Crypto_Zoidberg, after he fixed this issue with his own coin. The issue has pretty much been fixed anyway, since bloating was caused by dust payments from pools, and with a recent update, those dust payments have been taken off. But because I think it will look to unfair compared to Darkcoin's 101 flaws, I had to list a "flaw" for Monero Tongue

2) That's it.

In the above quote, BrilliantRocket, who is a huge Darkcoinfaboy/Bagholder, is given the many Flaws of Darkcoin vs the 1 "flaw"(it's been fixed, but I wanted to make it seem "fair") of Monero.

Here is the post I referrenced earlier. It's quite a long post, but the part concerning CN is near the middle. And please don't bring up where he says Darkcoin is simple coinjoin (older post) , he acknowledges that it isn't further down.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557732.msg7513123#msg7513123

CryptoNote doesn't hide the amount and the payer is mixed with a limited number of numerous other potential payers, so the IP correlation can be used to narrow the possibilities statistically and home in on identity, by observing patterns across all users. Thus the lack of IP address obfuscation in CryptoNote (assuming Tor is really a honey pots, and or most users fail to employ Tor) reduces the anonymity. -gmaxwell

While it may not be able to scale at Bitcoin levels, Monero's chain atm is twice Bitcoins, which is very reasonable considering it gives the highest level of anonymity there is for cryptocoins right now. He also doesn't say Anything about it being impossible to reduce, why you may ask? Because Crypto_Zoidber already reduced it for his own coin and reduced bloat by 50%-70%, and Monero also reduced the majority of the bloat, which was caused by dust transactions. Again, BrilliantRocket, it's either you greatly misinterpret information given to you, or you lie and try to manipulate others with selective wording

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

CoinJoin’s algorithm suffers from not being atomic and thus it can be repeatedly jammed by an adversary, i.e. denial-of-service. This is because first the inputs have to be collected, then the outputs have to blind signed with a group signature, and then finally all inputs have to signed. If any one of the participant senders fails to complete all the steps, the transaction is jammed and the process must start again. All proposals for throttling or blacklisting adversaries was argued to be ineffective and intractable. Darkcoin innovated CoinJoin by adding a collateral payment which is forfeited by participants who fail to complete all steps. This requires a random master node to break the unlinkability as it knows the matching output of each input. It is assumed that not all master nodes will be adversaries and thus sending multiple times through different master nodes will provide a probablistic level of unlinkability. The master nodes are purchased and it isn’t clear that a sufficiently powerful adversary couldn't sufficiently Sybil attack by acquiring a larger percentage of the master nodes. There is also concern this might also enable the adversary to steal collateral payments. Also the master nodes aren’t untraceable and thus could perhaps be held liable by governments for breaking AML and KYC laws. CoinJoin and Darkcoin suffer from the simultaneity timing problem that other spenders need to send spends of the same amount simultaneously. -gmaxwell

Gmaxwell also shows that while Darkcoin have "advanced" coinjoin, it still suffers from the same issues, not to mention the Masternode centralization problem.

Darkcoin's anonymity is simply put, Trivial and Inferior to Cryptonote anonymity.

In the above quote, I copied/pasted Anonymint's words about Cryptonote/Coinjoin(Darkcoin). BrilliantRocket, had previously lied in an earlier post, so I copied Gmaxwell's wording on Cryptonote, and his wording on Darkcoin. Here is one quote from Gmaxwell concerning Masternodes themselves, " Also the master nodes aren’t untraceable and thus could perhaps be held liable by governments for breaking AML and KYC laws."

What do those three quotes have in common you may ask? All 3 of them show evidence diretly against the Lies BrilliantRocket was saying. He has yet to take on any of the evidence I have presented. There you have it, now you can all see how everything he has said was proven to be wrong, and why Darkcoin is the worst, if not, one of the worst "cur
Pages: « 1 ... 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 [2214] 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: