Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:04:50 AM

So lately I was thinking about creating a crowdfunding service for cryptocomunity that would be promoting NEM. We would be accepting several cryptocoins but the site would be mainly associated with NEM. I don't know about legal aspects of this operation yet so please write your suggestions. There's still some time before NEM will come to life.

forum.nem.io
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:19:05 AM

So lately I was thinking about creating a crowdfunding service for cryptocomunity that would be promoting NEM. We would be accepting several cryptocoins but the site would be mainly associated with NEM. I don't know about legal aspects of this operation yet so please write your suggestions. There's still some time before NEM will come to life.

NEMStarter?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:38:38 AM

NEMStarter?

very interesting idea.

NEM - New Economy Movement
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:47:36 AM

NEMStarter?
NEMfund

forum.nem.io
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:13:01 AM

Please join NEM promotion trello (https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion) because there is a crowd funding site board there. You can PM Utopian to add you there.
erkki12

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Hey guys,

i have an idea, i am unsure if it would be able to realize, but what if:

The devs reserve some NEM (lets say 100 stakes?) for a foundation (for sure the community needs to agree). Charitable/planet saving/animal saving/human rights etc. organisations can make a request to this foundation, describing their current project and request some NEM from the fund.The NEM community (every stakeholder or so) can vote whether to approve the money for the project or not.This would support organisations and projects around the world.

In case of urgend events like catastrophes the foundation can give proactively some NEM to helping organisations. I guess this could give us some positive media attraction and we can do something good in the real world. Maybe no organisaton will request NEM in the beginning, but if NEMs value rises it can be helpful for both, NEM and the good projects.

The "NEM foundation" could be something like "the first decentralized voted sponsor and approver for charitable projects..."

What do you think?

There is something similar thought in the trello board in the distribution board. However we should keep in mind that what we should aim for is not to throw around some cash, but to make a long-term change for better. I think by creating a currency that would "give the economy back to people" would do that more than any amount of NEM's that we would be able to donate.
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:23:39 AM

Please join NEM promotion trello (https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion) because there is a crowd funding site board there. You can PM Utopian to add you there.

+1,
 I'd be willing to help with that project. I just added some info on trello.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
erkki12

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:26:18 AM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you!

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E
oldnbold

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:34:09 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Mokoto I guess u are referring to me Smiley . Ok I like your idea, I thought about it and it looks very hard to implement. I have asked my friend (Tsel_bt) who works for the Ministry of trade and industry to see if something like this could be done. He is in-charge of setting small cottage industries in villages like the ones you mentioned.

First of all, almost all farmers in Bhutan are illiterate or only semi-literate, ipads are sadly a luxury for most folks in Bhutan,they cannot afford it. The currency is highly regulated by the central bank and any alternative payment system must be approved by them. Lastly it would be an almost impossible transition for people who have never used the internet to overnight shift to using cryptocurrency as a payment mechanism.

That said, its still a good idea, I will get in contact with friends in the RMA( central bank) to see if it would be allowed. If we can get their approval we can proceed further.

Sounds great.

I think if we could do something like this, we would set up all the infrastructure based on donations from the community and charity donations from the genesis block. Doing this with people who have never used the internet before would be ideal I think, because it would force us to make a simple interface on top of NEM.

Another point I want to stress is that it would be great to do this in a way that is complementary and not disruptive to culture. Therefore, I don't think the government needs to worry too much. In remote areas, I think having a crypto-based payment system would be preferred in rural areas like that, because people could have access to their money when traveling and wouldn't have to travel with lots of cash.

The idea is to get crypto out into the real world and try to make a difference without changing local cultures.

There's a recently published report  http://www.franceculture.fr/emission-le-magazine-de-la-redaction-monnaie-locale-monnaie-a-taille-humaine-2014-02-21 regarding two 'local money' projects based on LETS (Local Exchange Trading Systems) principles: one in the Basque country and one about to be launched in Montreuil (Northern France). A key aspect of the Basque Country local money is that it is seen as helping to strengthen the Basque culture (including its language).

Seems to me that NEM could play a similar role for the many regions around the world which have a LETS system in place and which want to retain/strengthen their identity/culture. NEM could also overcome a problem with all local money schemes, one which can hinder their widespread adoption in the particular region - they aren't convertible (either easily or at all) into the country's main fiat currency.

I made a similar post in the NXT discussion thread a week or so ago following a reference to LETS being a possible fit with NXT, but the subject hasn't been pursued any further since then so far as I'm aware.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5319878#msg5319878
visonal1986

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:39:36 AM

My English is very poor, so I can only silently support NEM
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:46:02 AM

My English is very poor, so I can only silently support NEM

I'm sure there are other people speaking the same language as you do so you can do more Smiley

EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:05:32 PM

What can NEM improve over Etherium?

Do you think having a base blockchain without features is more productive?

Or should we follow NXT closer.... I believe Etherium will be our closest competition.

I just hope we don't have high inflation.

Thoughts?

I think NEM is quite different from Ethereum. I feel like Ethereum is building a platform that will compete more directly with things like http://maidsafe.net/. Ethereum is also hosting a turing-complete language in their blockchain. It is still unclear to me how they plan to prevent that feature from being abused.

NEM, on the other hand, is delivering a "product" (the currency) and is focused on community building. There are also some clever things we're doing technically that will make it stand out. So far, I am very pleased with the development progress and the brainstorming of ideas. I think we are building something unique. And, the community efforts and support at this early stage of the development process are very encouraging.

Personally, I will be surprised if NEM doesn't eventually surpass NXT. And, if things break right, it could be much larger.

Thanks for the Response Jaguar!

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
AltcoinNewbie

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:08:32 PM

I really hope NEM will go to dgex exchange i had bought me 180 dgex shares  Grin
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:16:21 PM

nice ,I am interested in。hwjysmyxgs@163.com

Too late for early stake. You have to wait till it will be launched and buy some then.

lhbx1x

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:25:40 PM

虚拟币新概念:印第安部落创建MazaCoin抗衡美钞
2014-03-05 16:59:01   浏览量:16010   关键词:部落 创建 MazaCoin
部落正在举行POW WOW庆典

比特币开发人员Payu Harris,也是南达科他州松岭印地安人保护区的一名激进分子,在去年他对外声称要率领自己的部落和美国政府斗争到底。

“我的家族在这片土地上反抗,死去,”Harris对福布斯网说,他的部落是Oglala Lakota族 “卡士达小巨角河之役里描述的故事突然间从纸上的文字变成了深深根治于我灵魂里的东西,我寻找如何帮助部落的办法,突然间我想到了有个办法也许能奏效。”

Harris的办法就是MazaCoin,是一种比特币的变体。Harris希望他的族人能够使用这种货币,以摆脱联邦政府,也能帮助部落摆脱贫困。具体的操作手段我们还不知道,Harris说服了部落酋长们使用这种官方部族货币。

2014年年初,Harris与Oglala Sioux部落经济发展办公室签订了合作协议,在发布新的MazaCoin之前,Harris先挖了2500万个MazaCoin,用作Lakota族的“民族贮备金”,在经济危机时可以使用这部分钱(比如Mt.Gox倒闭)稳定币值。初期会向部落里的商人和个人放出大量货币,以鼓励他们用这种货币参与贸易和投资。

本周一时候,部落发行了第一批MazaCoin,未来所有的交易都将用MazaCoin完成,部落也制造了500枚献给“Oglala Lakota部族伟大神灵、以及部族的繁荣和财富。”现在全世界都可以兑换这种虚拟货币,以后会发生什么只有靠猜测。

FBI专门电话联系了Lakota的酋长,告诉他不管是比特币还是其它虚拟货币目前都是不合法的,但是FBI没有吓到Harris,他正在教当地原住民如何使用这种货币。当地几家商店已经同意在接受货币的同时,也接受MazaCoin。

小编点评:日前,MazaCoin在美国各大社区开始大热,其在国外虚拟币交易平台MintPal上24小时成交额折合人民币达到了近600万元。

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:28:42 PM

部落正在举行POW WOW庆典

“我的家族在这片土地上反抗,死去,”Harris对福布斯网说,他的部落是Oglala Lakota族 “卡士达小巨角河之役里描述的故事突然间从纸上的文字变成了深深根治于我灵魂里的东西,我寻找如何帮助部落的办法,突然间我想到了有个办法也许能奏效。”

Harris的办法就是MazaCoin,是一种比特币的变体。Harris希望他的族人能够使用这种货币,以摆脱联邦政府,也能帮助部落摆脱贫困。具体的操作手段我们还不知道,Harris说服了部落酋长们使用这种官方部族货币。

2014年年初,Harris与Oglala Sioux部落经济发展办公室签订了合作协议,在发布新的MazaCoin之前,Harris先挖了2500万个MazaCoin,用作Lakota族的“民族贮备金”,在经济危机时可以使用这部分钱(比如Mt.Gox倒闭)稳定币值。初期会向部落里的商人和个人放出大量货币,以鼓励他们用这种货币参与贸易和投资。

本周一时候,部落发行了第一批MazaCoin,未来所有的交易都将用MazaCoin完成,部落也制造了500枚献给“Oglala Lakota部族伟大神灵、以及部族的繁荣和财富。”现在全世界都可以兑换这种虚拟货币,以后会发生什么只有靠猜测。

FBI专门电话联系了Lakota的酋长,告诉他不管是比特币还是其它虚拟货币目前都是不合法的,但是FBI没有吓到Harris,他正在教当地原住民如何使用这种货币。当地几家商店已经同意在接受货币的同时,也接受MazaCoin。

To da m00n !

newNEM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:52:16 PM

部落正在举行POW WOW庆典

Do you believe it is real?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:36:46 PM

If NEM is going to make a wallet. Please make one good wallet instead of 5-6 wallets that confuses people which one to download like NXT.

Also make it one click installable.

I see this as a problem with NXT. There are so much websites about NXT and everyone promotes different clients.

It shows 1 thing; the community likes NXT and is working hard, that's why there are multiple wallets available. It's fun.
But I think we should use 1 easy to use client and promote that from the start. Then we can develop it to the wishes of the users.

I have had many complaints that people cannot install the client of NXT etc.

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:42:09 PM

Does any of NEM stakeholders want to run an exchange ? (and have some experiences doing so). I know Tristan (Busoni) of Poloniex,  is one of our early stakeholder, Gravitons is as well but how about we are making a fresh one ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:47:50 PM

Somehow UtopianFuture has managed to find some great people. I think he will announce some plans when it is time for purposing some NEM for charitable work.

That being said, just throwing money around is not going to change the world. Efforts should be directed in a way that will have a specific impact, which is why I am suggesting a NEM cooperative where people can use NEM and the asset exchange in daily life.

I agree. Targeted giveaways/ distribution needs to be innovative but also practical. Doing charity on behalf of NEM is a good thing in itself but it should be only one part of NEM overall promotional strategy.   

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: