Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750505 times)
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:07:44 PM

What practical purpose did your post serve? (Sorry, I realise this is the third time I've asked this question but I'm hopeful that if I keep asking it in slightly different ways you might answer).
And I ask you - "What practical purpose did your posts serve?"

I believe there's value in holding posters to account (by the same token, I should expect to be held to account for my posts). In dyask's case it leads to interesting conversations. I don't think I'm going to convince dyask to tone down their posts, but I can at least try.

Hold me accountable?   Since when do I just make random unaccountable posts?   

Tone down my posts?   Am I causing a riot?  Maybe there is too much vulgar language in my posts?

I sincerely feel there are just a lot of people here that don't like it when people think for themselves!   Wink    See my negative trust?   I got that for pointing out ThePhwner had some incorrect information in his scam claims against scrypt.cc.   My point was valid so he tried to brand me as supporting a scam instead of saying thanks for correcting his error.   There is sort of a Nazi like mindset in trying to keep people politically correct with self appoint enforcers.  Wink

Well, remember the post where I asked you what purpose it served? And then I asked again? And again? And see how when ddalex asked me the same question, I answered? I guess that's what I mean by holding to account.

As far as I know you're not causing a riot, and I've seen no vulgar language (and wouldn't care if I had). Your posts appear naive, but I'm fairly certain you're not naive. Your posts put a positive spin on negative situations, and that's what I'd like to see toned down.  Comments like this...

Maybe the fires will be stoked up again, but right now the embers are barely glowing.   No one there probably thinks of it as an investment anymore, it is just a game at this point.   It no longer matters if it is a scam or not.   That time is past. 

... serve to minimise the issue. It may not matter to you, but it matters to other people. While scrypt.cc portrays itself as "cloud mining" it doesn't much matter what you and I realise, or think, or believe, it is.

By all means think for yourself. Just don't be surprised when you put your thoughts in writing and other people - also thinking for themselves - question you. Otherwise we'd end up with people running around saying all sorts of nonsense (I'll avoid breaking Godwin's Law by making a historical comparison).

So... what purpose did your post serve?

Spin doctor?   What is your point?   What are you trying to protect?   Pointing out something is dead needs toning down?   Seems like the only thing I did was stomp on some sense of self worth.   

I simply pointed out that scrypt.cc is now tiny.   Very little going in, very little coming out.    It is a real scam for some stuck there, but it isn't like there are hoards of investors breaking down the doors to get there.   For the people that have been scammed, it is probably time to focus on if a recovery is possible.   However that is a different sort of game. 
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:10:25 PM

1) How is pointing out something is basically dead defending it?  Maybe you are upset because I pointed out something you hadn't thought of?  

2) I have enough "invested" with LTCgear that it is worth some type of legal recovery.   The value of my MH/s at LTCgear is really zero at this point, vapor unless I feed him 129 BTC.   (Close to the current size of scrypt.cc)    Chris "owes" me more than 30000 LTC, you do the math, but it is more than a few BTC!    

There are probably people that have lost enough at scrypt.cc to organize some kind of legal recovery.   We'll see what happens with that.   In the meantime enjoy kicking the dead guy!   Heck you are still kicking Josh from GAW too even though there is a good chance he is headed to prison.    Maybe you should start kicking Mt. Gox too?   Mark could use some love as he is sitting in a Japanese jail waiting for his trail.  There is greater than a 90% conviction rate in Japan.  

Well I guess there is a chance that scrypt.cc will come back.  If it does or doesn't, it won't likely because of anything posted in this thread!  Just being a little pragmatic here.  

So you're saying that since YOUR personal loss in scrypt.cc is smaller than your loss in LTCGear that means scrypt.cc should be left alone? Because as a TOTAL 200 BTC surely sounds more than 0 (your estimate of current LTCGear "investment" value). But if scrypt.cc is dead to you then you're more than welcome to stop kicking it and start making up excuses for why Chris is taking so long to design his fancy heatsinks.

You also completely missed the fact that scrypt.cc is still presenting itself as a "functioning" site. Hopefully this thread will reach at least those who google the site before sending their money.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:21:40 PM

Spin doctor?   What is your point?   What are you trying to protect?   Pointing out something is dead needs toning down?   Seems like the only thing I did was stomp on some sense of self worth.   

I simply pointed out that scrypt.cc is now tiny.   Very little going in, very little coming out.    It is a real scam for some stuck there, but it isn't like there are hoards of investors breaking down the doors to get there.   For the people that have been scammed, it is probably time to focus on if a recovery is possible.   However that is a different sort of game. 

Spin doctor?

My point was to get you to explain the purpose of your post. But I think you know that.

I'm not trying to protect anything (I'm not connected in any way with scrypt.cc's competitors) beyond people who might invest in scrypt.cc (as I considered doing at one point). Scrypt.cc isn't "clearly dead". As you say, there are still deposits going in. And while that happens, other, larger investors may be tempted to deposit. Smaller investors may be tempted to deposit more than they can afford.

Anyway, if I understand you correctly, when you said "Maybe the fires will be stoked up again, but right now the embers are barely glowing.   No one there probably thinks of it as an investment anymore, it is just a game at this point.   It no longer matters if it is a scam or not.   That time is past." - that was because you believe everyone believes scrypt.cc is a scam, and you believe that your belief in everyone else's belief is valuable information that we'd benefit from?

This space intentionally left blank.
dyask

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:40:57 PM

Spin doctor?

My point was to get you to explain the purpose of your post. But I think you know that.

I'm not trying to protect anything (I'm not connected in any way with scrypt.cc's competitors) beyond people who might invest in scrypt.cc (as I considered doing at one point). Scrypt.cc isn't "clearly dead". As you say, there are still deposits going in. And while that happens, other, larger investors may be tempted to deposit. Smaller investors may be tempted to deposit more than they can afford.

Anyway, if I understand you correctly, when you said "Maybe the fires will be stoked up again, but right now the embers are barely glowing.   No one there probably thinks of it as an investment anymore, it is just a game at this point.   It no longer matters if it is a scam or not.   That time is past." - that was because you believe everyone believes scrypt.cc is a scam, and you believe that your belief in everyone else's belief is valuable information that we'd benefit from?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”   ― Mark Twain

Anyway to get back to your point.   No matter what anyone thought about scrypt.cc in the past, since the hack it has been scam.   I don't think anyone thinks the post-hack scrypt.cc is legit.    The people here posting scam over and over are basically like a dog chasing its tail.     

LMGTFY

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:49:30 PM

Spin doctor?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”   ― Mark Twain

Anyway to get back to your point.   No matter what anyone thought about scrypt.cc in the past, since the hack it has been scam.   I don't think anyone thinks the post-hack scrypt.cc is legit.    The people here posting scam over and over are basically like a dog chasing its tail.     

So, your position is: everyone should know it's a scam, therefore you don't need to worry that something you say might encourage people to invest? But other people, people posting clear warnings, they're in some way wrong? Is that a fair assessment of your position?

dyask

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:05:38 PM

So, your position is: everyone should know it's a scam, therefore you don't need to worry that something you say might encourage people to invest? But other people, people posting clear warnings, they're in some way wrong? Is that a fair assessment of your position?

Huh?  What I have ever said here encouraged anyone to invest in scypt.cc?   I have never encouraged anyone to invest in scrypt.cc.   Even if scrypt.cc by some miracle turns out to be legit, I wouldn't encourage people to invest there.   Although I would probably look about at all the flaying around and laugh about it. Wink

Anyway pointing out the people are beating a dead horse isn't the same as telling someone to go put a saddle on it.  
Karpeon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:10:51 PM

Hi everyone. Just register to be part of the once called  investors in this site. I have the utmost respect for everyone who has implied in so many ways that this is/turned scam. Anyway, I invested about 40 BTC (counting many reinvestments)  back then (even before the electricity issue) and now, If I want to get out, my withdraw (if possible)  would be less than 2 BTC. Also, because of the reinvestment, Im nowhere near ROI. So, like it or not, scam or not, Im trapped. If someone is on a similar situation than me, please let me know what you think and if I should nevertheless try to withdraw anything. Right now I have a 0,31 BTC in queue which went back to my balance after a week and then again in queue since sept 14th. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, I know its just the risk of getting into these sort of things. I just wish for someone to be in a similar place than I am now to help me decide. Many thanks!!  
LMGTFY

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:16:03 PM

Huh?  What I have ever said here encouraged anyone to invest in scypt.cc?   I have never encouraged anyone to invest in scrypt.cc.   Even if scrypt.cc by some miracle turns out to be legit, I wouldn't encourage people to invest there.   Although I would probably look about at all the flaying around and laugh about it. Wink

Anyway pointing out the people are beating a dead horse isn't the same as telling someone to go put a saddle on it.  

I hate to be pedantic, but that's not what I said.

everyone should know it's a scam, therefore you don't need to worry that something you say might encourage people to invest? But other people, people posting clear warnings, they're in some way wrong? Is that a fair assessment of your position?

I'm just trying to understand what purpose you believe your post served. You believe people are flogging a dead horse - fine (I think you're wrong, but your entitled to your opinion). But what purpose does it serve telling us your belief? Does it make us better informed? Well, we now know your view on deceased equine battery, but in terms of scrypt.cc - the topic of this thread - what purpose does it serve? I can see it dissuading people from warning people off scrypt.cc perhaps, though it doesn't seem to have achieved that to date. I can't see it serving any other purpose. But perhaps I've missed something?

chunker

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:37:00 PM

i have my btc back! ...but not back in my wallet but back on my account Cheesy . Happened two times. Marcelo have not money.  Please, everybody, dont be silly and dont even think about to send him more BTc. You will ROI, double, tripple, but only on your account!
ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:40:35 PM

i have my btc back! ...but not back in my wallet but back on my account Cheesy . Happened two times. Marcelo have not money.  Please, everybody, dont be silly and dont even think about to send him more BTc. You will ROI, double, tripple, but only on your account!

My transaction was not even seen on blockchain and is not even back in my account about 0.601 btc
Hope admin do the same to me,, or else its gone... Angry
dyask

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:29:53 PM

everyone should know it's a scam, therefore you don't need to worry that something you say might encourage people to invest? But other people, people posting clear warnings, they're in some way wrong? Is that a fair assessment of your position?

I'm just trying to understand what purpose you believe your post served. You believe people are flogging a dead horse - fine (I think you're wrong, but your entitled to your opinion). But what purpose does it serve telling us your belief? Does it make us better informed? Well, we now know your view on deceased equine battery, but in terms of scrypt.cc - the topic of this thread - what purpose does it serve? I can see it dissuading people from warning people off scrypt.cc perhaps, though it doesn't seem to have achieved that to date. I can't see it serving any other purpose. But perhaps I've missed something?

What purpose do your posts serve?   I simply pointed out what the current state of affairs is.   Why do I have to have some agenda to do that?   Posting isn't the same as flying a plane, one doesn't have t register a flight plan to create a post. 
dyask

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:40:59 PM

Hi everyone. Just register to be part of the once called  investors in this site. I have the utmost respect for everyone who has implied in so many ways that this is/turned scam. Anyway, I invested about 40 BTC (counting many reinvestments)  back then (even before the electricity issue) and now, If I want to get out, my withdraw (if possible)  would be less than 2 BTC. Also, because of the reinvestment, Im nowhere near ROI. So, like it or not, scam or not, Im trapped. If someone is on a similar situation than me, please let me know what you think and if I should nevertheless try to withdraw anything. Right now I have a 0,31 BTC in queue which went back to my balance after a week and then again in queue since sept 14th. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, I know its just the risk of getting into these sort of things. I just wish for someone to be in a similar place than I am now to help me decide. Many thanks!!  

My advice ... feel free do what you want with it. 

1) Don't put anymore BTC in the site, but I'm sure you knew that.
2) Keep trying to withdraw what you have, maybe break it up into a series of small withdraws spread out over time, you might get a little.
3) You are stuck, you can play with what you got and isn't locked in withdraws and hope for a miracle.
4) Checkout  https://scrypt-cc.slack.com/messages/marcelo_suit/   Warning the scam bangers here have been attacking kapetan.   A sure way to be hated here is to try to do something positive.   
5) You might pop into the scrypt.cc IRC channel, they might have some ideas for you.   At least you'll find others to commiserate with.
6) Keep in mind that money is a renewable resource.   Better to lose 40 BTC than to lose something like a foot or an eye!   

Petty amazing all the chatty save the world from scams folk can't even try to give you some advice.   
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 10:54:03 PM

Keep trying. There is a slim chance you might get lucky with the withdrawal lottery. Keep an eye on mysterious reductions of your balances, auto-reinvest being turned on automatically, other shenanigans that have been discussed here. Not much you can do about it but try to keep records of everything that's happening because the site will periodically wipe out your trade history. You may need such records should a legal action happen. Worst case - write it off as an investment loss on your taxes.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:01:28 PM

Petty amazing all the chatty save the world from scams folk can't even try to give you some advice.   

Even more amazing is your inability to get over yourself and post your advice without shitting all over the place. Weren't you just recently whining about all the fighting over a "dead" scam? Oh yes, you were:

All of this fighting over crumbs on the plate.

Nice to meet you Mr. Pot.
dyask

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:09:18 AM

Even more amazing is your inability to get over yourself and post your advice without shitting all over the place. Weren't you just recently whining about all the fighting over a "dead" scam? Oh yes, you were:

All of this fighting over crumbs on the plate.

Nice to meet you Mr. Pot.

My comments weren't personally directed at anyone.   I think my points were valid though.  Wink   
Karpeon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:16:36 AM

Ok thanks everyone for the advice. This is what I've been doing so far... I tried small withdraws, not more than 0,09 BTC. Aside from a few exceptions I was able to come away with them. Then I made a mistake. I tried to withdraw 0.31 BTC. Then I made the same mistake again. Still in queue... In the meantime, I turned auto invest on. I mean, if wd are not coming through, why bother stucking all them, at least I can buy more mhs, not sure the purpose though. Im not ready to sell 8000 mhs for 2BTC. I Can't, not just yet. I could afford to loose them, but now that I realize there were about 8 grands one time makes me sick... Hope no one is on my situation. Only coins left are now 3 units of pacmics v3. Good night everyone!
Dumbasef

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Invest your BTC

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 01:34:09 AM

Long live scrypt.cc.

Still standing in the test of trolls.

dyask

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:24:35 AM

Ok thanks everyone for the advice. This is what I've been doing so far... I tried small withdraws, not more than 0,09 BTC. Aside from a few exceptions I was able to come away with them. Then I made a mistake. I tried to withdraw 0.31 BTC. Then I made the same mistake again. Still in queue... In the meantime, I turned auto invest on. I mean, if wd are not coming through, why bother stucking all them, at least I can buy more mhs, not sure the purpose though. Im not ready to sell 8000 mhs for 2BTC. I Can't, not just yet. I could afford to loose them, but now that I realize there were about 8 grands one time makes me sick... Hope no one is on my situation. Only coins left are now 3 units of pacmics v3. Good night everyone!

Autobuy can also set to a low price if you want to store up some BTC and are afraid of Autobuy just being enabled.    Just cancel the autobuy orders to free the BTC.   Or just letting Autobuy buy, turn it off and sell enough for a withdraw might work too.   Good luck. 
LMGTFY

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:23:11 AM

What purpose do your posts serve?   I simply pointed out what the current state of affairs is.   Why do I have to have some agenda to do that?   Posting isn't the same as flying a plane, one doesn't have t register a flight plan to create a post. 

I'm trying to find out what motivates people who post here. See, that was easy! (And, if you recall, I've already answered that - I know you know that, because you quoted me).

I've not said you have an agenda - I'm enquiring as to what purpose your post served. And "it served no purpose and it isn't my intention to dissuade others from posting" is a perfectly reasonable answer (assuming that is your answer) - thank you.

Blimey, I'm on my first cup of coffee so I've not checked the exact duration, but that took almost an entire day.

dyask

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:38:20 AM

I've not said you have an agenda - I'm enquiring as to what purpose your post served. And "it served no purpose and it isn't my intention to dissuade others from posting" is a perfectly reasonable answer (assuming that is your answer) - thank you.

You can't seriously expect people to be willing to give you an answer for such a nosy question.   In fact I'm sure most people, including myself don't have any real motivation.   This is a forum is supposed to be about discussion.    Hmmm, well maybe that is a motivation.   I personally feel that at a time where discussion could be most helpful, the scam police are trying to drown out any useful or even reasonable discussion.  

Right now the MHs held by users is only worth 165 BTC since the price of MHS is currently at .00033 BTC / MHS.  

That is just a statement.   There isn't any pro or con bias in it.   It is just a fact of the current situation.   It does show that if this continues there isn't any hope of much BTC being recovered.   It just puts things into perspective.    
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: