Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:10:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750505 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 03:56:00 PM

Kind of slow on the up-take ... we all know Garza ran off with a lot of the money!   However a lot of innocent people were dragged through the mud in your thread.   That is where I lost my respect for you.  Not for trying to expose the truth but for not caring how it was done.  Things like digging through personal emails ... it isn't even legal let alone ethical and it was completely unnecessary.   Sorry but you lost your way and it seems you don't even realize it.

You seem to be under impression that if my name is at the top of thread then everything in it must be my doing? Smiley
Huh?  It was your second thread on the topic and you could have moderated it.   At least you realize that some things were over the line.  Wink

What the fuck are you even talking about here? I'm not a moderator and the thread was never self-moderated. You want to attack me personally for some imaginary shit - feel free but please create a new thread for it. STOP DERAILING A SCAM THREAD WITH ANOTHER SCAM FFS.

Yes the 37 MHS is still missing from many accounts.  I was listing current major issues, not trying to make an exhaustive list of issues.  

Compared to the other issues the lost 37 MHS is very minor.   37 MHS is worth ~ 0.02 BTC.   It is a small amount when many withdraws are being done to try to get out BTC.   Scrypt.cc uses 0.001 BTC for transaction fees when they do withdraw.   So 30 withdraws more than blows 37 MHs!  

However the 37 MHS is missing is theft if it isn't returned.    Frankly it a thief the is minor compared to the 80% reductions in awards after the hack.   Weather the awards are correct now or not, that is a much more major issue.  

EDIT:  I know some have thrown a theory around that the 37 MHs was used to pay off some people, I really don't think so.  There just wasn't enough BTC involved, even if it was as high as .05143 BTC it was worth at the time.   It is just too small.   Most likely it was a fat-fingered operation on the database and it should be fixed.    The concerns are that it hasn't been fixed and it clearly could happen again.   Also note, smaller accounts didn't lose the 37 MHs.   So the total loss was probably around 20 BTC.

Just as I thought, a multi-paragraph justification/rationalization of a simple fact - theft. If it was "fat-fingered" it should have been un-fat-fingered by now. Where do you draw the line? 100 MH/s? 1000 MH/s? When does it become "theft" without any "ifs" or "buts"?

What do you mean "smaller accounts"? How small exactly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chunker

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:25:55 PM

it looks withdrawal bug is still there Smiley . Im waiting for my two last WD three days now. I do not believe they will come to my wallet, I leave zeros on my accounts, then why he should give me my money, right? Probably I didnt deposit enough to withdraw Smiley .
christophorus

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:10:59 PM

it looks withdrawal bug is still there Smiley . Im waiting for my two last WD three days now. I do not believe they will come to my wallet, I leave zeros on my accounts, then why he should give me my money, right? Probably I didnt deposit enough to withdraw Smiley .

It's not a bug. It's the plan of the site owner. Your money is gone.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:53:18 PM

Three days? 

Try ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:08:21 PM

OK DUMBASS, why would the engine allow that buy order to exist in the first place? Unlimited KHS/MHS in the trading engine? Obviously it's a buy order but guess what if you go to Hashnest and try to buy 300 Ph/s worth of shares, IT WON'T LET YOU. Fancy that. Their orderbook limits you to buying what's available on their marketplace.

Any explanations for this, or shall we add it to the list of things you make up and can't substantiate?

To be fair, most trading engines will allow you to put in buy orders for any amount.

Here's an order to buy 500 million CLAMs at 1 satoshi each on poloniex. Only ~15 million exist in total:

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:24:23 PM

(Selling 500 GHs and for real mining of ~100GHs is fractional mining)

No, selling 500 GHs but only delivering 100 GHs is scam, pure and simple.

I think we can forget about Rewards going up. with so much fud already impossible.

I would love to read the explanation of how you come to such an absurd thought construct.

But yeah, sounds totally logical.
Not Marcelo is to blame for the low rewards.
This forum is!

It's like this: the scrypt.cc miners are imaginary. They only work at full potential if we all believe in them *really hard*. This constant onslaught of FUD from you guys sharing simple self-evident truths damages our ability to believe in the non-existent mining gear, leading to a decrease in performance.

Come on now, if we all believe together we can increase the make-believe 100 GHs up to a ROI-tastic 500 GHs!

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:24:59 AM

OK DUMBASS, why would the engine allow that buy order to exist in the first place? Unlimited KHS/MHS in the trading engine? Obviously it's a buy order but guess what if you go to Hashnest and try to buy 300 Ph/s worth of shares, IT WON'T LET YOU. Fancy that. Their orderbook limits you to buying what's available on their marketplace.

Any explanations for this, or shall we add it to the list of things you make up and can't substantiate?

To be fair, most trading engines will allow you to put in buy orders for any amount.

Here's an order to buy 500 million CLAMs at 1 satoshi each on poloniex. Only ~15 million exist in total:

Fair point.

That being said, even I'm getting sick of being lost in distractionary minutia. Until someone can prove ScryptCC is mining, this is an outright scam and any attempt to defend it in any regards, is detrimental to everyone involved (Not you Dooglus, LOL. I'm very clear as to where you stand on this and other scams.). There's no mining at all, not fractional or otherwise, not SHA-256 instead of Scrypt, there's just no mining. And if you ignore the last 460+ pages of this thread, start with the premise that ScryptCC is selling mining shares, and end at the simple conclusion that no mining is taking place, this is fraud and nothing but. Kudos to those brave enough to continue trying to fight the good fight. You won't see me post here again, I promise. Anyone left trying to defend or explain this mess, isn't worth the time it takes to reply anymore. So you lot enjoy your scam while it lasts, I'm sure another will be along soon.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:55:14 AM

Fair point.

That being said, even I'm getting sick of being lost in distractionary minutia. Until someone can prove ScryptCC is mining, this is an outright scam and any attempt to defend it in any regards, is detrimental to everyone involved (Not you Dooglus, LOL. I'm very clear as to where you stand on this and other scams.). There's no mining at all, not fractional or otherwise, not SHA-256 instead of Scrypt, there's just no mining. And if you ignore the last 460+ pages of this thread, start with the premise that ScryptCC is selling mining shares, and end at the simple conclusion that no mining is taking place, this is fraud and nothing but. Kudos to those brave enough to continue trying to fight the good fight. You won't see me post here again, I promise. Anyone left trying to defend or explain this mess, isn't worth the time it takes to reply anymore. So you lot enjoy your scam while it lasts, I'm sure another will be along soon.

Don't make a promise you can't keep, you can only spend so much time and energy trying to warn people but at some point you gotta let it happen on it's own. It doesn't mean that you never have to post about it, just spend less energy on it and focus on your own stuff otherwise you are going to burn out trying to save people from themselves.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

(Selling 500 GHs and for real mining of ~100GHs is fractional mining)

No, selling 500 GHs but only delivering 100 GHs is scam, pure and simple.

I think we can forget about Rewards going up. with so much fud already impossible.

I would love to read the explanation of how you come to such an absurd thought construct.

But yeah, sounds totally logical.
Not Marcelo is to blame for the low rewards.
This forum is!

It's like this: the scrypt.cc miners are imaginary. They only work at full potential if we all believe in them *really hard*. This constant onslaught of FUD from you guys sharing simple self-evident truths damages our ability to believe in the non-existent mining gear, leading to a decrease in performance.

Come on now, if we all believe together we can increase the make-believe 100 GHs up to a ROI-tastic 500 GHs!
Exactly what I'm thinking. I can't wait til this whole SCC nonsense is over with. Just stop giving the scammers money and it will collapse completely. I've come to realize that a lot of these so called " Cloudmining " services are just plain old scams in disguise. Remember when the Internet was first invented and a lot of people started to use it. There would be a lot of get rich quick schemes being advertised and " Invest your money in Internet Companies aka the Dot Com Bubble. Hell, even people that didn't really know how to use the internet were hopping on the scam train to make a quick buck. This is exactly where Bitcoin is now. But its slowly coming out of that era. People who don't know two cents about Bitcoin are advertising these cloudmining scams to jump on the bandwagon before its all over. Talking about " You can make 30-50% ROI in a month!". Yeah, Ok . Whatever Marshmello. Smiley

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 02:13:01 AM

It can be far from falling still.

The actual ROI is quite low, and Marcelo can easily sustain it with some trading or perhaps even investing in real mining. If we add to this that he is not paying all people, this can go on forever and ever.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 02:58:12 AM

It can be far from falling still.

The actual ROI is quite low, and Marcelo can easily sustain it with some trading or perhaps even investing in real mining. If we add to this that he is not paying all people, this can go on forever and ever.

I agree that this can go on forever, turning into a sort of a faucet. But real mining - no chance in hell. Real mining returns are slow and equipment costs money and there are risks too. Admin already got the money WITHOUT needing to own any mining equipment and he can trickle the payouts to never exceed the income, so spending that money on real mining wouldn't make any sense in the current context. I don't know of any ponzi turning into a legitimate business and I don't think this is going to be an exception.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:59:06 AM

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.

More info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102560.0

Definite truth right there, they are only paying out the shills. As you can see, they have yet to process my 'dust' withdrawal

dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:10:22 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 06:20:06 AM by dyask

Rewards again reduced by 30% Cheesy

But hidden. The Ticks are normal, but if you watch the Balance you see that 30% are missing.

Lol.

People in IRC freaking out right now.

So glad i'm out of this mess.

No longer true.   People weren't freaking out either, at least on the #scrypt.cc channel.  There was some trolling going on though.  

Granted it is very scary that something like that can happen and while it is good that it was fixed, it isn't comforting.    

Keep in mind, many people at scrypt.cc now wouldn't be there if the withdraws were working normally.  

EDIT: For the record, this problem was probably already fixed before it was even posted about here.
dyask

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:12:39 AM

Definite truth right there, they are only paying out the shills. As you can see, they have yet to process my 'dust' withdrawal

No one has been paid out since the 4th of Sept.   Everyone with withdraw requests in is in the same boat.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:47:35 AM

dyask

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:16:41 AM

Kind of slow on the up-take ... we all know Garza ran off with a lot of the money!   However a lot of innocent people were dragged through the mud in your thread.   That is where I lost my respect for you.  Not for trying to expose the truth but for not caring how it was done.  Things like digging through personal emails ... it isn't even legal let alone ethical and it was completely unnecessary.   Sorry but you lost your way and it seems you don't even realize it.

You seem to be under impression that if my name is at the top of thread then everything in it must be my doing? Smiley
Huh?  It was your second thread on the topic and you could have moderated it.   At least you realize that some things were over the line.  Wink

What the fuck are you even talking about here? I'm not a moderator and the thread was never self-moderated. You want to attack me personally for some imaginary shit - feel free but please create a new thread for it. STOP DERAILING A SCAM THREAD WITH ANOTHER SCAM FFS.

You had a choice when you created the threads.   You could have spoke out against the abusive posts too.   Maybe you did, I certainly didn't read all 2100 pages of that second thread, so I'm sorry if I just missed it.   I just think you used to be objective.   Now you just seem to enjoy creating a storm and chaos.    Take that 6 THs claim about scrypt.cc for example, you are way too smart to make that kind of mistake.   Then weaker minds just follow you.   It is hard to believe you aren't doing it on purpose.    You just have way too much experience to not know what you are doing.  

Granted this isn't about the validity of scrypt.cc.   There isn't any question that there are serious problems at scrypt.cc.   There is a lot of possibilities though as to what is really going on.   I just know a lot of people at scrypt.cc are trapped right now.   I think those people could use some objective information, not just endless rants.   Maybe some objective information will help people get out.   It is just my impression you would rather see the maximum number of people burned.   I don't feel the same way.  

For the record this isn't a scam thread.  This is a thread that was started by scrypt.cc and people are just taking over.    Threads like this are making bitcointalk.org a real joke.    
Borgminer

Activity: 758

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:06:14 AM

pending 4 withdraws
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:50:26 AM

Again new stories and bullshit update......deviating from track........
LOL ! withdraws has always been a problem and will be a problem forever...

What really happened to the stolen 37K khs and few accounts got locked....could not be logged in..........

So please just do not say anything supporting the scam ............
dyask

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:17:12 AM

pending 4 withdraws
I have 7 pending!  Cheesy
dyask

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:21:43 AM

Again new stories and bullshit update......deviating from track........
LOL ! withdraws has always been a problem and will be a problem forever...

That isn't true.  The withdraws have been a problem since the hack.   Before that scrypt.cc withdraws rarely had issues and generally happened within an hour.  Deposits is a different story, they were often broken.  

Now post hack ...
* Still have problems often with deposits from what I hear
* Withdraws have become very slow and have been very problematic

Part of the slow down is reasonable, it gives the site time to kill a hacker's withdraws.   However we are way past that and now the withdraws are a serious issue.   Now there isn't any assurance that BTC can be withdraw once it is deposited.  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: