Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:19:42 AM

OP don't worry about DOGE damaging credibility of BTC... one day it will crash and we will remembere it from time to time and laugh at it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:23:06 AM

While I wouldn't necessarily call the Doge community retarded... I agree with the overall message here.

If I were on the outside of the crpyto-currency scene and ran across the majority of the alt coins nowadays, I'd have no confidence to invest. Even better, if my first exposure were to coins like Coinye and Doge (keep in mind I don't know anything about nothing yet), I would think it's a total joke and my entire impression on crypto would be forever tainted; bitcoins wouldn't have a shot in hell in my book.

But as I am on the inside... I'll secretly collect the alt coins I think I might make a buck or two from... but I'll be damned if I'd run around promoting them. Imagine me: I'm mining Potcoin - my colleagues' imagination would run wild. Just sayin'  

You know what this is what excatly happened to me in 2011. When I first heard about 'Bitcoin', I thought "What...? Bitcoin..? a currency..? this must be a joke" along the lines of that and I can't believe how much that cost me... Same to the people who refuse to believe in Dogecoin, it's their loss...  we can't do anything about it. Any currency like Dollar(crazy name for a currency), Ruble etc.. has the value community asigned to it based on it's usage. No other things matters... Doge has it's uses like Bitcoin and has a strong community who accepted it as a currency.. If someone hate a currency just because of it's name, then he is actually the retard here... The one who made this thread must has a large stash of some other coin and furious about doge stealing it's lime light or may be he is furious about Bitcoin's price drop and his hate for doge coin forced him into the conclusion that dogecoin is the reason for the drop... Anyway he is actually the  jealous short sighted retard here.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:23:17 AM

OP don't worry about DOGE damaging credibility of BTC... one day it will crash and we will remembere it from time to time and laugh at it.

I'll have a cup of tea to that. Cheers mate
cryt3k

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:23:39 AM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

The title of this thread should be Why I'm butt hurt over Doge coin.

Don't bread hate, it's a terrible thing. Currency whether it's fiat or virtual, is competitive.

Doge coin came in and is everything the other cryptos are not.

Don't like the competition? Hate the game not the player.

Much disgrace much hate

mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:31:39 AM

your playing dumb little games you KNEW clearly what i meant.. as usual the past 8 months you show up and reply to my posts
with arguments and insults etc.. your one of my regular trolls hahah

You know damn well i meant an alternative to Doge ..your just playing dumb

You still didn't answer the question  Grin Also take the chill pill, dude.... No need to act like a hyper retard.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:37:32 AM

Wow Spoetnik...haven't seen you around since you made the scam Quark miner and stole a bunch of peoples Quark.  How you been?
Kasym

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:41:13 AM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

This is stupid. He resorts to ad-hominems because there is no intelligible argument possible.

BECAUSE:

A L L that f**king matters is popularity when it comes to determining value (in material terms).

It's the mother f**king determining factor.

A_Free_Man

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:48:26 AM

OP sounds like the linux fanboys who always whine about people who use windows.

This faggots argument can be summed up as "Stop Liking what I don't like!"
kamrog

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Someone finally created separate place for trolls!

Spoetnik, tk808 - it's like gathering all stars in one place! Well, I have a problem right now. Please tell me, is actually saying anything good about Doge called trolling in this thread?

Guys this is serious problem. It messed up my mind for a sec.
Anyway I am happy that you found some friends and you have your own place where you can be like :"my name is tk808, I haven't been reading Doge's news for 4 hours now and I am happy"

I am much happy for you Guys, this is a serious step forward!

Bye fellow Shibes! Cheesy
fcrypto7

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:50:53 AM

Why Dogecoin is so good? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461471.msg5094748
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:58:59 AM

I agree that doge does not earn the success its having at the moment in any way. The only thing driving it is a community which consists. of 1/4 internet trolls (think 4chan), 1/4 people who are blind followers and 2/4 greedy folks who dont question anything.

Community can only take something so far. Who really thinks that people outside of above groups will take a such wow coin seriously?
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:05:14 AM

While I wouldn't necessarily call the Doge community retarded... I agree with the overall message here.

If I were on the outside of the crpyto-currency scene and ran across the majority of the alt coins nowadays, I'd have no confidence to invest. Even better, if my first exposure were to coins like Coinye and Doge (keep in mind I don't know anything about nothing yet), I would think it's a total joke and my entire impression on crypto would be forever tainted; bitcoins wouldn't have a shot in hell in my book.

But as I am on the inside... I'll secretly collect the alt coins I think I might make a buck or two from... but I'll be damned if I'd run around promoting them. Imagine me: I'm mining Potcoin - my colleagues' imagination would run wild. Just sayin' 

You know what this is what excatly happened to me in 2011. When I first heard about 'Bitcoin', I thought "What...? Bitcoin..? a currency..? this must be a joke" along the lines of that and I can't believe how much that cost me... Same to the people who refuse to believe in Dogecoin, it's their loss...  we can't do anything about it. Any currency like Dollar(crazy name for a currency), Ruble etc.. has the value community asigned to it based on it's usage. No other things matters... Doge has it's uses like Bitcoin and has a strong community who accepted it as a currency.. If someone hate a currency just because of it's name, then he is actually the retard here... The one who made this thread must has a large stash of some other coin and furious about doge stealing it's lime light or may be he is furious about Bitcoin's price drop and his hate for doge coin forced him into the conclusion that dogecoin is the reason for the drop... Anyway he is actually the  jealous short sighted retard here.

So just to clarify my position a little...
'Same to the people who refuse to believe in Dogecoin, it's their loss'
Is it really about refusing to believe in the coin? The same can be said about any coin - it's still a risk at the end of the day. If I actively mine and trade Dogecoins but I'm not soliciting it all over the internet, tell me - Do I believe in it?

'If someone hate a currency just because of it's name, then he is actually the retard here'
Not sure who would hate a coin because of its name alone, but personally to see people following the crowd with all the Dogecoin memes are - well... much elementary (did I do that right?). So I'm a professional in real life. If someone tried to introduce me to crypto with Doge; and I when consult Google all I see are people exclaiming phrases like 'much this/that' and 'Wow' to describe this coin's rationale... why would I take it much seriously? I hope you understand that it's a little more than just the name; and hate is a rather strong descriptive term.

'The one who made this thread must has a large stash of some other coin and furious about doge stealing it's lime light or may be he is furious about Bitcoin's price drop and his hate for doge coin forced him into the conclusion that dogecoin is the reason for the drop... Anyway he is actually the  jealous short sighted retard here.' 
That's quite of bit of inference there. Honestly I could care less of his personal motive/reasoning for making the statement. Point is, he made one.

And to ensure no focus is lost on niceli's post it's a new reply:
I agree that doge does not earn the success its having at the moment in any way. The only thing driving it is a community which consists. of 1/4 internet trolls (think 4chan), 1/4 people who are blind followers and 2/4 greedy folks who dont question anything.

Community can only take something so far. Who really thinks that people outside of above groups will take a such wow coin seriously?

faithdealer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:08:36 AM

I'd say nobody will care about this thread in a year but nobody cares now. Bitch and moan, OP, bitch and moan.
Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:10:16 AM

looks like someone didnt buy in at 30 satoshi  Grin

dont worry m8 keep holding your bitcoins all the way down ill keep holding my dogecoins all the way up

i have heard that one before i really hope you don't think you made that up hahahha
i heard that when i was making thousands on IFC middle of last year..

seriously you noobs need to come up with better material.
say i am jealous.. right i have made TONS i am doing just fine sweet heart Smiley
PS: read the part i had to put in bold because you guys can't read..

you complain about mouthy supporters but here you are just adding to the dogecoin "spam"?

if your not jealous then why are you making this post? just because dogecoin has a vibrant and active community does not means they are all "morons"

i complain about mouthy supporters because you guys are acting dumb hence why i call them morons..
you are turning outsiders off crypto and turning far more people away than you guy think your bringing in.
Damaging a real and worth while currency in the process.. Bitcoin.
Why ? greed.. spare me the community crap.. all you guys ever do is brag about making money of it so don't play dumb.

And yet another reason why i call them morons.. none of you can grasp what i say no matter how many time i re-explain myself.
That is what i call dumb sorry..

Face facts.. the world widely regards Doge as nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.

My friends after tonight the real champion is going to emerge out of the darkness. Be prepared!

Wink
Ganefull

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:12:40 AM

Well...ok doge offers no "technical inovations" and i understand that for oldfags this question is important - indeed it is! And yes, the barking is sometimes too loud and childish...but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity...that not just helps people, its also a very good promotion for cryptos in general.

well, did you once thought about this important point that for the mainstream-user technical inovation is not the key question? its usability instead! ...and if you would check out what grows on reddit and how cryptos are getting more and more a mainstream feature there you could imagine that apps and tipbots maybe not might be the most complex inovation but the most needed.

as far as i know that wave has begun with doge...doge will find his place and areas where people like it and for sure there will be more decent alternatives for other opportunities. the key point is: how can normal people easy and fast use cryptos without having to get an expert.

maybe the first generation is more than enough for that need...the second generation is coming anyway...but i dont think it makes sense to complain about something just because its not the highest scale of development posible...

if people understand it and can use it, its an important step!

...if this post was helpful, i appreciate your donation.BTC: 14FsFhgMyFztgnbCuNAnh3ubPhoY1jGu3b RDD: Raz5zgyvDHcUC9s1KBBxHuuM3Q9etu43oA
ubi4doges

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:14:19 AM

+1

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:28:06 AM

THIS is what you guys are defending.....

THIS is my OWN coin i made called BunnyCoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg2753177#msg2753177

see a pattern ?

notice the date.. July 17th 2013

edit:

I am going to upload a screenshot later of an IRC chat i was having where a guy was defending Doge,
when he said and get this "Litecoin is a Scrypt clone too"

r
o
f
l

THAT is the intelligence level i am dealing with here !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:33:41 AM

Well...ok doge offers no "technical inovations" and i understand that for oldfags this question is important - indeed it is! And yes, the barking is sometimes too loud and childish...but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity...that not just helps people, its also a very good promotion for cryptos in general.

well, did you once thought about this important point that for the mainstream-user technical inovation is not the key question? its usability instead! ...and if you would check out what grows on reddit and how cryptos are getting more and more a mainstream feature there you could imagine that apps and tipbots maybe not might be the most complex inovation but the most needed.

as far as i know that wave has begun with doge...doge will find his place and areas where people like it and for sure there will be more decent alternatives for other opportunities. the key point is: how can normal people easy and fast use cryptos without having to get an expert.

maybe the first generation is more than enough for that need...the second generation is coming anyway...but i dont think it makes sense to complain about something just because its not the highest scale of development posible...

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

You definitely made a few good/valid points. No doubt Doge's popularity is promoting cryptos. But I suppose another part of that equation is the user base its attracting and the type of publicity its receiving. Is this truly very good promotion for crypto currency in general? Is excessive promotion inadvertently overshadowing other crypto coins? In the long run, is helping or hurting the scene? These are just questions to spark additional thoughts is all. I own several types of crypto coins - bitcoin is the only one I'll actively promote. For now that is.   

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:39:29 AM

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

You definitely made a few good/valid points. No doubt Doge's popularity is promoting cryptos. But I suppose another part of that equation is the user base its attracting and the type of publicity its receiving. Is this truly very good promotion for crypto currency in general? Is excessive promotion inadvertently overshadowing other crypto coins? In the long run, is helping or hurting the scene? These are just questions to spark additional thoughts is all. I own several types of crypto coins - bitcoin is the only one I'll actively promote. For now that is.   

any other coin can perform this task.. and not look as bad or disgust a large percentage of the public potentially interested.
AND Litecoin for example (which Doge is based on) can fit in that argument just as well..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Ganefull

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:42:41 AM

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

any other coin can perform this task..

no not ANY ...but a certain one...check my signature and you know which coin will make the race...

edit: there is a logo contest to replace the alien Wink

...if this post was helpful, i appreciate your donation.BTC: 14FsFhgMyFztgnbCuNAnh3ubPhoY1jGu3b RDD: Raz5zgyvDHcUC9s1KBBxHuuM3Q9etu43oA
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: