Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171440 times)
piaf2000

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

Can someone explain me Dodgecoin : positives-negatives-why it is so talked about?

That will save me 30min of research, thanks

If you are serious the head over to http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin.  They will give you some nice, helpful information.  This thread is fun, but a bit biased on either side.

The best argument that nobody has made yet though is that dogecoin has more girls.   Smiley

avoid that place, unless you enjoy drinking the kool-aid.

qft

edit:
PS: I LOVE Koolaid lol
I almost bought a crap load on ebay ahahha

and i added another reason why Dogecoin is good to my list..
- It has more girls
- It's most talked about.

anymore i should add ?

Spoetnik = not conceived to reach the Moon.

flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:18:02 PM

I mined a ton on Doges in the early days and sold it to essentially buy what were then serious currencies like WorldCoins, EarthCoins. Much regret. Look at where they are now. WorldCoin is essentially a funnel for Scharmbeck to scam and EarthCoin is a tree hugger ditch.

Not sure to make that mistake again. Now just mining Doges and will sit it on it for a long time... its market cap is going to surpass litecoin. There's no technological reason why litecoin is where it is, what with its boring logo, boring community and non-mass appeal
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:33:29 PM

Can someone explain me Dodgecoin : positives-negatives-why it is so talked about?

That will save me 30min of research, thanks

If you are serious the head over to http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin.  They will give you some nice, helpful information.  This thread is fun, but a bit biased on either side.

The best argument that nobody has made yet though is that dogecoin has more girls.   Smiley

avoid that place, unless you enjoy drinking the kool-aid.

qft

edit:
PS: I LOVE Koolaid lol
I almost bought a crap load on ebay ahahha

and i added another reason why Dogecoin is good to my list..
- It has more girls.
- It's most talked about.

anymore i should add ?

If the funny dog and the girls aren't enough to convince you I am not sure what else we have.  You saw the funny dog right?
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:18:38 PM

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly". Spoetnik, none of these guys care about the future of innovative cryptocoins. In fact, this could be extended to those pumping and dumping 95% of altcoins. Short sighted greed is suffocating cryptocurrencies. I suspect the average person will dip there toes into Dogecoin (and the like), get them burnt and never return (and probably tell everybody they know its a scam). The developers can create as many innovations as they like, however perception is everything and when a high profile coin such as Dogecoin fails it will play right into the hands of the Government propaganda machines. I despise what Dogecoin represents, however for the point just raised, I hope it survives.   
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

What kind of idiot puts down efforts to get the dogecoin name out there? The vast majority of people still have no clue cryptos or btc even exist. The op is really clueless.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

Doge is good Smiley

Doge is wow Smiley

Doge to the moone!
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:39:01 PM

People buy alt-currencies in case they make it or to speculate but you can't buy much with them right?

Where are you buying Dodgecoins?

yaboymarvo

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

game over noobs..
Doge has been removed from Cryptsy ..other exchanges to follow.
@Xenopus
Who's willing to bet this guy is single?

i am and what does that have to do with any point i have made ?
care to change the subject and attack me personally some more ?
ya you won that debate..
So uhh are you a fucking faggot ? Is this your way to get on my cock ya little homo ?
Sorry i am not interested maybe check out craigslist for some gay encounters Wink
Are you like 15 years old or something? Serious question.
bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:12:11 PM

Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

It provides a way into the crypto coin world for those who like popularity versus ingenuity.

Really it boils down to what can make the most funds at a given aspect within time.

Keep it open source people and add some chaotic calculations.  

I reason that for unknown logic, dogecoin had multi-millionaire buyers/backers, and paid-posters to start off with,
and the paid posters got things rolling and then other delusional people, such as miners who mined lots,
then got on the bandwagon, and these people are like some kind of

BRAIN-WASHED CULT of delusional morons.

I never wanted a dog coin, not when it first started, and not now, and not likely ever.

But the brain washed cult followers of this coin, actually are trying to portray that at a time when there was an influx of alot of people into bitcoin and altcoins, that somehow it was dogecoin doing that?
 Not. Dogecoin is a lier.

Bitcoin was growing alot without dogecoin, and altcoins took off without dogecoin.

I believe we could prove this, by banning dogecoin from bitcointalk, and deleting any posts that even mention this garbage lyers coin

Do you think that banning dogecoin from bitcointalk will hurt dogecoin?  Wink
BachMann

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

I've bought 4,000 DOGE for £5 just in case it does go to the moon. In 5 years time I could be laughing or I've lost £5. Worth the gamble.

this guy gets it, but more like 1 year
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

"Not. Dogecoin is a lier."
No, try again

"I believe we could prove this, by banning dogecoin from bitcointalk, and deleting any posts that even mention this garbage lyers coin"
Wrong again! the word is LIAR, you fucktwit.
BachMann

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

THEORY:
dogecoin is only here to mock bitcoin and altcoins, and is likely being financed by people who do not like

bitcoin or altcoins.

let the dogs buy a dogs coin
YOUR theory, and who are you? Probably someone who wish they bought when it was cheap.

Never forget, the internet is awesome.
Predseda4D

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:52:53 PM

I dont understand such hate here. Here is letter from Billy Markus - Co-founder of Dogecoin. What i see there is really oposite from what some peoples are trying say here.

[PSA] Your weekly reminder to be respectful of other cryptocoin communities, particularly Bitcoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1xhpj5/psa_your_weekly_reminder_to_be_respectful_of/

Bitcoin paved the way for us. There would be no dogecoin community without bitcoin. No fun, no dogesled olympics, no tipping, no charities, none of it.
If you want to know why some (not all) come across as bitter, or elitist, or srs bsns, or even angry sometimes, consider this. For years what they were doing was ridiculed, called illegal, called ridiculous, but they kept going with it anyway, motivated by being part of something they thought was big, something exciting, something special. After working and developing infrastructure for years, and fighting for more mainstream acceptance and finally getting momentum, the tide started to change again, from people thinking of them as a joke to people angry with them, jealous that they didn't get in early, calling it a fad, calling it a bubble, calling everyone involved stupid and lucky at the same time. All just for being involved in something they believed in.
And all the negativity they get has fueled, in some, a bit of an "us vs them" mentality. It's not needed - in many ways it's quite counterproductive to their goals - but it's understandable. It's where we can help, by providing a bit of levity to the cause.
There are plenty of people who support cryptocurrency, whether it be dogecoin or bitcoin or primecoin or whatever. I am one of those people. I believe this is all a fascinating experiment and that we're all in it together. I believe that is the healthiest way to view it, and that wars between the different cryptocurrencies is, to put it bluntly, juvenile. They're all the same with some different parameters, and sometimes with pictures of furry animals on them. There's no need to ever act superior for being part of a different cryptocurrency community. And no, "they did it first" is not a reason, it's just an excuse to justify bad behavior.
Maybe some members have a political or financial ideology that isn't your cup of tea. That's fine. I am personally not particularly political, and sometimes people say or believe things that I think sound a bit on the extreme side. That doesn't mean they don't have a point, that they aren't smart, that ridiculing them accomplishes anything except make us and our whole community look bad. You can have some fascinating discussions with those who have ideals different than yours. Ridiculing those different than you is beneath you. Don't fall for it.
I encourage the community to continue to be accepting. Our message shouldn't be "only people who believe in fun and giving can enjoy dogecoin, no one with different views than me is allowed!" It should be "Hey everyone, cryptocurrency is cool for many reasons. You don't have to care about all the reasons, and you can get out of it whatever you want. But here, play around with some dogecoin and see what all the fuss is about!"
This isn't about anything except being respectful. Bitcoiners as a whole have worked hard to get cryptocurrency where it is, and we benefit from that. Try to understand where they are coming from. Taking two steps backwards, their cause is the same as ours - spreading the awesomeness that is cryptocurrency - just a different spin on it. Let's be supportive.

*thumbsup*
kbane

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:08:25 PM

Dogs coin has paid posters right from the start, from people who are financing a dogs coin

Source?
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

Dogecoin LIES!!!!!!

dogscoin misrepresents itself

dogscoin is not the way it is representing itself

dogs coin is different than the way it represents itself

LET THE DOGS BUY A DOGS COIN
wtf are you even talking about.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:19:56 PM

@Xenopus
Who's willing to bet this guy is single?

i am and what does that have to do with any point i have made ?
care to change the subject and attack me personally some more ?
ya you won that debate..
So uhh are you a fucking faggot ? Is this your way to get on my cock ya little homo ?
Sorry i am not interested maybe check out craigslist for some gay encounters Wink

@broken_pixel
Go back to Fiat OP, you spew crypto FUD.

Orly ? actually i stated nothing but facts and provided references when i felt it appropriate
Your calling my warning about the real tangible dangers of investing money into flash mining coins etc
FUD ? then you sir are truly stupid on an a whole new level and i urge
you to by all means please back up your big mouth and take your life savings
and invest every penny you have in DOGE COIN for long term investment.
DO it i dare you big mouth punk LOLOLOL

By the way big mouth.. i never did leave fiat lol

I mine a do not invest Fiat into Crypto currency. Why even try warning people? Warn them against what? Just let people do what they want and stop trying to act like a governing authority warning people to back away.

In reality when people invest into something, there is always a risk no matter what.

I do just fine in the Crypto world, it has been a nice 10 months. I just wish I did not sell all 85,000 QRK I mined in 2.5 weeks before the pump.
http://cryptofolio.info/?@ReadOnly=6092_e58a760b

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

Dogecoin LIES!!!!!!

dogscoin misrepresents itself

dogscoin is not the way it is representing itself

dogs coin is different than the way it represents itself

LET THE DOGS BUY A DOGS COIN
wtf are you even talking about.

Activity: 14

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Predseda4D

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:21:08 PM

It looks like some poeple here need psychiatric care. ASAP.  Grin
LikeTurgenev

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:21:45 PM

I dont think it's bad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: