Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
dunkbc

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:57:38 AM

At first I wasn't impressed with Doge either.
But money talks....cryptocurrency capitalisation -
And it showed up bitcoin and litecoin when the Dogecoin community showed
what could be achieved by being charitable !

And then it overtook litecoin in hashrate, so...go figure...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
triplexoid

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

Yeah, hashpower of dogecoin now higher than litecoin, that's quite ridiculouus
dunkbc

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:23:00 AM

Hashrate - check it out:

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-ltc-doge.html
ubi4doges

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:26:00 AM

Spoetnik, you are correct. I finally have to admit, you were right all long.

Dogecoin IS a SCAM

Proof:

mining is dying off and price is dropping and people are moving on to other coins..

but ya it's true see i told you so !

That just flew right by you, didn't it?

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:38:33 AM

Dogecoin? A scam? Are you insane?

Created: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474469
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:59:09 AM

Dogecoin has absolutely no merits at all, and the only reason it's got such high value is because the media set the ball rolling, sparking interest and perpetuating it. Multipools keep it afloat but i guarantee, once the next crapcoin comes along, Doge will flatline.

Never underestimate the power of mainstream media. With a few well placed articles, i could pretty much make people believe anything.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:16:18 AM

Dogecoin has absolutely no merits at all, and the only reason it's got such high value is because the media set the ball rolling, sparking interest and perpetuating it. Multipools keep it afloat but i guarantee, once the next crapcoin comes along, Doge will flatline.

Never underestimate the power of mainstream media. With a few well placed articles, i could pretty much make people believe anything.

"Dogecoin has absolutely no merits at all" is wrong as explained by me in the post (link above ur reply)
High value is bcoz of the community backing it up and the amazing fund raises Sochi Olympics witnessed
Multipools will keep it afloat. Guranteed. You were right there  Wink
And it isn't a crapcoin. Atleast define what is a "crapcoin"
Media is powerful. Without it bitcoin will be still at infancy. There will be no cryptocurrency without media.

Dogecoin is very likely to overtake peercoin and litecoin in a few months in market capitalization.

TO THE MOON!!
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:20:31 AM

You think Doge is bad???

notyep

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:40:06 PM

Maybe the only function of Dogecoin is to bring retards to crypto-world? Remember, retards need cryptos too... And there are many many retards.

Blatant plagiarism and possible intervention of banksters fighting Bitcoin - that's how I see Dogecoin.

P.S. I'm personally so annoyed by that retarded dog picture.

We need a retard only section with a maximum age.. so the rest of us don't have to put up with kids.
Sorry to all the parents out there but i hate kids and i hated them when i was a kid too.

It's a pretty basic concept for a forum.. you talk... that's it.

What is sad here is i made the effort to discuss what i named the topic "Why Doge is bad"
and all it turned it is a "I don't like Spoetnik" topic..
I don't care what people think of me.. everyone says it, but i actually really do mean it.. i don't !

My goal her was talk about the issue and points i brought up and get some honest and FAIR feedback
and then hopefully get other peoples opinions etc etc
AKA: have a conversation. ..i know, i know, that was rather unreasonable of me .. i should be banned for trying to have a mature conversation in a discussion forum.
Because i guess i'm doing it wrong unless i spend all my time posting snotty one liners and trolling on people with meme pictures and videos etc.

Edit:
I hit submit and looked up.. my point made.. thank god you sniveling little shits can hide behind your computer eh ? lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
Sm3cK

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:10:04 PM

Dogecoin is good because it's a currency with lovers and haters. When you hate something, you put big importance on it, just to say it sucks. That's why dogecoin is going far. Lookat other cryptos without haters. They are shitty.

Help me getting my first 3d printer  ! Feel free to make donations to help me start a new job !  BTC : 1BQ84bNHYfVpJ6WGLMc3a79hB8ZDPZ6bYg - DOGE : DLDUZc487sK3MBjEHbkedH6vuWcCMynrjb - LTC : LTFjf3xY2j116syzd17UPrt3KfdPfL4fJ1 Every bits helps !
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 04:27:22 PM

I do not hate DOGE. I have little respect for it.

The cult like behaviour also creeps me out ..

yaboymarvo

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

Maybe the only function of Dogecoin is to bring retards to crypto-world? Remember, retards need cryptos too... And there are many many retards.

Blatant plagiarism and possible intervention of banksters fighting Bitcoin - that's how I see Dogecoin.

Edit:
I hit submit and looked up.. my point made.. thank god you sniveling little shits can hide behind your computer eh ? lol
Such anger

Much animosity

Wow
CryptoCaptain

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:51:10 PM

We need a retard only section with a maximum age.. so the rest of us don't have to put up with kids.
Sorry to all the parents out there but i hate kids and i hated them when i was a kid too.

It's a pretty basic concept for a forum.. you talk... that's it.

What is sad here is i made the effort to discuss what i named the topic "Why Doge is bad"
and all it turned it is a "I don't like Spoetnik" topic..
I don't care what people think of me.. everyone says it, but i actually really do mean it.. i don't !

My goal her was talk about the issue and points i brought up and get some honest and FAIR feedback
and then hopefully get other peoples opinions etc etc
AKA: have a conversation. ..i know, i know, that was rather unreasonable of me .. i should be banned for trying to have a mature conversation in a discussion forum.
Because i guess i'm doing it wrong unless i spend all my time posting snotty one liners and trolling on people with meme pictures and videos etc.

Edit:
Umad bro?

Its fairly obvious that you dont care what people think of you by the way you conduct yourself, but perhaps you could not spew mindless vitriol all over the inter-tubes

Honestly you made what was the equivalent of a whine/rant thread, so dont get mad at the community for calling you out.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:05:42 PM

Holy hell, I haven't seen someone this pissed off in ages.

Are you okay Spoetnik? You sound like you're about to have a heart attack.
It's not healthy to be this upset all the time.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Ganefull

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

guys...22 pages, most i didnt re(a)dd...if you dont like the doge mem, come to reddcoin...

if you think world is big enough for both, let dogecoin be the tipping currency for 4chan, 9gag, cheezburger, and whatever...

and reddcoin will be the tipping currency for situations in which you dont wanne give a tip with a shibe...

just a proposal...do what you want...

...if this post was helpful, i appreciate your donation.BTC: 14FsFhgMyFztgnbCuNAnh3ubPhoY1jGu3b RDD: Raz5zgyvDHcUC9s1KBBxHuuM3Q9etu43oA
klangley11

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:25:54 PM

I do not hate DOGE. I have little respect for it.

The cult like behaviour also creeps me out ..

Heheh I guess community is a cult, family is a cult, and don't communicate ... you'll be part of a cult!

People love dogs. Dogs make for good memes. Simple stuff.

You may get a few 'cat ladies' around now and then, but hey.

They serve for good news, if anything:)
coinerjoe

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

In my opinion Dogecoin is just a scam-coin - that coin was just created for pump and dump - so worthless as a cryptocurrency - no future at all Cool
Though, weren't people saying much the same about bitcoin?
Next you'll be saying the USD is a scam too.
The USD is a scam. The Fed runs the largest ponzi scheme on the planet.  Look up fractionial reserve banking. 
Even better check this video out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:37:13 PM

people should think more about "meatware" and how to create a community around your software ... for instance: I think there is much better *nix flavour than Linux, but Linux has a such great community ... and its really can compensate the balance in its favour ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:14:22 PM

I said this in other words before, but I have the impression that Doge "community" is filled with angry teens that a while ago used to "pwn n00bs" while playing gory FPS, or otoh littered forums with futile and stupid AMD/Intel/NVidia fanboyism ...

If it's so, it will take a while for people to overcome the negativism of those "scenes", cute puppies and reddit tips or not. Let's hope for the best!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: