Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:42:26 PM

Mintpal is currently accepting withdrawals.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

Made a request in the notes, waiting to see if it works.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

Made a request in the notes, waiting to see if it works.

There will be a delay on receiving any Bitcoin.  I received all the other coins I had on there except DNotes (the only one I really wanted!!)  The withdrawal status said "Daemon-returned-error".  I'm expecting a reply from them next month (sarcasm  Wink).

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

I've successfully withdrawn all of my DNotes from Mintpal. Everyone who still has DNotes on Mintpal, should strongly consider moving them, as Mintpal's future seems uncertain at this point.
ASchmitt

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

Posted DNotes here as one my picks for long term investments.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=825872.new#new
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:09:54 AM

I've successfully withdrawn all of my DNotes from Mintpal. Everyone who still has DNotes on Mintpal, should strongly consider moving them, as Mintpal's future seems uncertain at this point.

I was able to withdraw my DNotes from Mintpal also. Still waiting on the BTC I had there......had me wondering for a while there..........

Smokey
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:08:55 AM

so i managed to send all my coins to my wallet the day before the shut down successfully. I knew something was wrong when a coin i sold and re-bought in another was back and my btc balance was negative. weird. anyway can you have 2 different wallets within the dnotes wallet. or in other words so i can keep my coins separate? that would be a cool thing to have. i dont know how many people would actually use that feature besides me however.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

so i managed to send all my coins to my wallet the day before the shut down successfully. I knew something was wrong when a coin i sold and re-bought in another was back and my btc balance was negative. weird. anyway can you have 2 different wallets within the dnotes wallet. or in other words so i can keep my coins separate? that would be a cool thing to have. i dont know how many people would actually use that feature besides me however.

It is possible but not easy to manage at the moment. Basically you would have to manage two different wallet.dat files.

dnotespool

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:16:13 PM

It is possible but not easy to manage at the moment. Basically you would have to manage two different wallet.dat files.

Is it possible now? I tried using the -datadir=C:\MyWallet2 but it just popped an error that it couldn't put a lock on \AppData\Roaming\DNotes location - "DNotes is probably already running"

So I went searching in case I was just using the command line options incorrectly. Ran across a thread that someone was saying that a "-walletdir" option would be a nice feature. Which, it probably would be.

Even if -datadir= worked correctly (maybe it does and I am just doing it wrong), that would mean a whole second directory for everything, including all the blockchain/db files. Although I don't know if two separate running versions could access the blockchain/db simultaneously...In which case a -walletdir option would only be useful to place wallet.dat somewhere outside the datadir, though still allowing the ability to launch DNotes-qt with the wallet of your choice.

But that could be a nice feature in itself. Still only allow one instance of the interface, still using only one set of blockchain/db files. But a command line option, and preferably like a File menu submenu and/or popup panel, to select from any number of different wallets, maybe with even a feature to label them with the default wallet being like "Main (Default)" and I could label another "Retirement Fund", and another "Vacation Fund", etc....

I would guess, like when I was messing with the source looking into an interface to reset the blockchain files, changing a wallet from with the UI would probably have to make it relaunch itself using the selected wallet in the new -walletdir option.

But yeah, that would be nice, even if logistically it would have to create/use completely separate datadir if specifically only setting a -walletdir wouldn't work. It would just be even nicer only having to keep one set of blockchain data instead of a copy for every individual wallet you wanted to setup.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 09:09:54 PM

Is it possible now? I tried using the -datadir=C:\MyWallet2 but it just popped an error that it couldn't put a lock on \AppData\Roaming\DNotes location - "DNotes is probably already running"

So I went searching in case I was just using the command line options incorrectly. Ran across a thread that someone was saying that a "-walletdir" option would be a nice feature. Which, it probably would be.

Even if -datadir= worked correctly (maybe it does and I am just doing it wrong), that would mean a whole second directory for everything, including all the blockchain/db files. Although I don't know if two separate running versions could access the blockchain/db simultaneously...In which case a -walletdir option would only be useful to place wallet.dat somewhere outside the datadir, though still allowing the ability to launch DNotes-qt with the wallet of your choice.

But that could be a nice feature in itself. Still only allow one instance of the interface, still using only one set of blockchain/db files. But a command line option, and preferably like a File menu submenu and/or popup panel, to select from any number of different wallets, maybe with even a feature to label them with the default wallet being like "Main (Default)" and I could label another "Retirement Fund", and another "Vacation Fund", etc....

I would guess, like when I was messing with the source looking into an interface to reset the blockchain files, changing a wallet from with the UI would probably have to make it relaunch itself using the selected wallet in the new -walletdir option.

But yeah, that would be nice, even if logistically it would have to create/use completely separate datadir if specifically only setting a -walletdir wouldn't work. It would just be even nicer only having to keep one set of blockchain data instead of a copy for every individual wallet you wanted to setup.

I haven't tried it the way you mentioned, usually I just rename and swap out wallet.dat files, but that is basically how I envision it working too. Swapping between named wallets from the interface and it automatically rescans the blockchain every time you swap. The DNotesVault will have a way to manage as many wallets as you want pretty simply as well.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 12:43:27 AM

Just for the sake of testing, I was able to create a batch file that ran the following command:
dnotes-qt.exe -datadir=C:\MyWallet2
I had to create the C:\MyWallet2 directory prior to running the bat file. It did run both instances of the wallet, one with the regular data directory, and one using C:\MyWallet2. However, I can't really recommend running the client that way, as I don't know if that will create any problems. Although it has not created any noticeable problems for me yet.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:42:55 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 03:31:39 AM by Dyna

"Why Marc Andreessen is Long on Bitcoin and Short on Apple Pay"

http://www.coindesk.com/marc-andreessen-long-bitcoin-short-apple-pay/

From a strategic prospective, Apple-pay has a huge near term advantage in going along with status quo. They play on their strength of a great consumer product; iPhone 6, and a huge user base. Adapting to an existing system, as oppose to having to make massive structural changes is a big saving of investment, time, and risk. Apple-pay is exploiting a proven demand that is badly in need of security improvement. Until Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can truly deliver a cost advantage and sufficient liquidity, I believe that Apple-pay will be quite successful.

Over the longer term, Apple-pay may end up to be the best thing for the cryptocurrency world. They are encouraging a new generation of users to use smart phone as a payment tool, preparing the same group to migrate to digital currency in the future. Since Apple-pay does offer an application programming interface (API) for developers to involve other payment systems, there will be many opportunities for other digital currencies to start participating. However, this will be a year or two from now. I view this as a great opportunity for DNotes, giving us time to establish a larger user base.

It is important to understand that Apple-pay is built on top of the same old outdated credit card networks and banking system that is costly and inefficient. Apple-pay is adding another layer of fees to make it even less competitive compared to the cost efficiency of using digital currency. A stable digital currency with reliable appreciating value, such as DNotes, has a great opportunity to capture a good market share. This will take years of good strategic positioning. I believe that this is "Why Marc Andreessen is Long on Bitcoin and Short on Apple Pay"
dnotespool

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:27:16 AM

Just for the sake of testing, I was able to create a batch file that ran the following command:
I had to create the C:\MyWallet2 directory prior to running the bat file. It did run both instances of the wallet, one with the regular data directory, and one using C:\MyWallet2. However, I can't really recommend running the client that way, as I don't know if that will create any problems. Although it has not created any noticeable problems for me yet.

See, I said I might have just been doing it wrong Smiley

But actually, I wasn't. My 2nd data directory did exist. So it wasn't a non-existant directory error. So my -datadir was a real directory that was not the AppData directory, but it still said it couldn't get a lock on the AppData (default) directory.

Maybe running it from a batch file changes something? I just typed the exact same thing you did from a DOS prompt and it still assumed AppData directory, not the -datadir I specified.

However, it that worked for you, I would certainly recommend it. Because that's what you're doing, running two completely different instances. Not just different wallets, but also different blk.dat files. But - that's what the whole "syncing" is. The only difference between your default wallet and your MyWallet2 is ONLY the wallet.dat, the rest is just network stuff.

Which yeah, as is, when you open now default wallet, it has to resync those blk00# data. Then later you open up MyWallet2 and since it's a whole separate datadir, it has to update it's blk00# files too. So you now have two copies of the blockchain data, and two wallets. Rather than two wallets using the same blockchain data, which IS the same data.

So the same suggestion applies. If it HAS to be whole new data directories for each wallet, it would still be a nice feature - just data space * number of wallets. Just saying what would be even nicer... data space * 1, just able to say which wallet you want to work with.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

See, I said I might have just been doing it wrong Smiley

But actually, I wasn't. My 2nd data directory did exist. So it wasn't a non-existant directory error. So my -datadir was a real directory that was not the AppData directory, but it still said it couldn't get a lock on the AppData (default) directory.

Maybe running it from a batch file changes something? I just typed the exact same thing you did from a DOS prompt and it still assumed AppData directory, not the -datadir I specified.

However, it that worked for you, I would certainly recommend it. Because that's what you're doing, running two completely different instances. Not just different wallets, but also different blk.dat files. But - that's what the whole "syncing" is. The only difference between your default wallet and your MyWallet2 is ONLY the wallet.dat, the rest is just network stuff.

Which yeah, as is, when you open now default wallet, it has to resync those blk00# data. Then later you open up MyWallet2 and since it's a whole separate datadir, it has to update it's blk00# files too. So you now have two copies of the blockchain data, and two wallets. Rather than two wallets using the same blockchain data, which IS the same data.

So the same suggestion applies. If it HAS to be whole new data directories for each wallet, it would still be a nice feature - just data space * number of wallets. Just saying what would be even nicer... data space * 1, just able to say which wallet you want to work with.

Yeah, I'm sure the issue you are having is different. Your error leads me to believe it is ignoring your datadir switch for some reason.

Your suggestion is spot on though. That eliminates a lot of potential issues.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

XCURRENCY INTRODUCES THE “INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS” – BLOCKNET

John Weru Maina

Altcoins, Announcements, Bitcoin Technology, News
Updated: October 18, 2014 at 1:09 am CET.

To paraphrase Gil Scott-Heron, “the revolution will not be televised.” “The revolution will be live; it will be blockchained.” Xcurrency has broken new ground with the introduction of the internet of blockchains. This project is perhaps bound to unrecognizably alter crypto-currency as we presently know it. Cryptocurrency projects all share a common vision. The vision is one of a future free of centralized control. Today, cryptocurrencies function as isolated islands with separate blockchains, nodes and users. As a result, all of the projects currently ongoing are limited in terms of their transformational impact.

XCurrency proposes to harness the collective potential of all the projects currently ongoing through a powerful application known as the Blocknet.

How the Blocknet Works:

The Blocknet is founded on the XBridge. The XBridge is a true P2P protocol extension that is built on the Xnode protocol. The Xnode is a decentralized P2P protocol in which users will be able to create their Xnodes and use them to serve content. Anyone who runs an Xnode will be remunerated for serving content.

The XBridge is a protocol that enables different blockchains to be able to connect to each other. In addition, it will be able to offer many more services including cold storage, instant transactions, chat, decentralized exchanges and plenty of fiat currency gateways.
To enable different chains “to speak” to each other, an API has been developed that will enable nodes to provide services and be part of the application platform. The XBridge protocol will be the foundation on which the API rests. XBridge is end-to-end encrypted, open source and trustless.

Governance of the Blocknet

The Blocknet will be guided and fostered by a foundation comprising members of participating cryptocurrency projects. Each currency is entitled to a seat on Blocknet Foundation’s board, bringing together individual cryptocurrencies together.
The Blocknet Foundation will pool the abilities of developers for participating cryptocurrencies and serve as an incubator. It will fund the creation of a development program and multiple Blockchain services. Joining the Blocknet will be free. However, membership will be on the basis of a ratification process.

Initial funding for the Blocknet Foundation will be done through an ITO (initial token offering) starting October 29th, 2014. Shares purchased with participating cryptocurrencies will cost 10% less. There will be no limit on the number of shares offered. After the ITO, no further shares will be created. Shares will be made available on traditional exchanges and the NHZ asset exchange.
Also read “XCurrency Unveils Cryptographic Privacy Technology in the Wake of NSA xKeyScore Outrage”

Internet of Blockchains for the Internet of Things?

The Blocknet is the next most logical step in the evolution of the blockchain technology. The potential that may be unleashed through the Blocknet may enable even the Internet of things become more and more integral to our lives. By 2020, it is estimated that more than 30 billion devices will be connected to the Internet of things. The Internet of blockchains coming now would naturally fit in to become “the software” that runs the Internet of things in the brave decentralized world. The implications would be far-reaching even for governance as we know it today.

Just like prior revolutions, we live in exciting times for the cryptocurrency community. To borrow from English poet William Wordsworth bliss it is in this dawn to be alive. What do you think? Comment below!

BoscoBlue

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:42:06 AM

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

It's good to see the DNotes team can appreciate what other coins are doing. I will be investing in both XCurrency and DNotes soon... Possibly a few others. It is tough to tell what coins are legitimate, but I'm glad I found you guys.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 12:46:09 AM

It's good to see the DNotes team can appreciate what other coins are doing. I will be investing in both XCurrency and DNotes soon... Possibly a few others. It is tough to tell what coins are legitimate, but I'm glad I found you guys.

Thanks and welcome BoscoBlue!

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:00:54 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 12:10:19 PM by TeeGee

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

It's pretty cool to see that somebody else appears to make the same invest choices as myself. XC has also been my second largest holding since about march, only problem is I bought in at more than twice what they are currently trading at. I sold quite a few XC at their peak of 0.0052 btc though (about 5x what they are currently trading at) which maybe makes up for it. Day trading is a tough game, and probably not for me.

This will be awesome.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:58:52 PM

It appears charitypool is down.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

It's pretty cool to see that somebody else appears to make the same invest choices as myself. XC has also been my second largest holding since about march, only problem is I bought in at more than twice what they are currently trading at. I sold quite a few XC at their peak of 0.0052 btc though (about 5x what they are currently trading at) which maybe makes up for it. Day trading is a tough game, and probably not for me.

This will be awesome.

I suspect that quite a few of DNotes stakeholders also have some investments in XC. At around 0.001 BTC I believe that it is undervalued. There have been a lot of “protest” selling from stakeholders who had high hopes on XC and may have doubts if Blocknet is going to benefit them.

What they are doing is quite complex and not that user friendly or easy to understand.  There are also fairly high risk exposures, by including some very new players in the group. Not getting along has been the most destructive force of our industry. It also depends on whether they are limiting participation only to crypto currencies with privacy and anonymity focus or be more inclusive of others.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: