Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:13:48 PM

The following exchanges have confirmed they are updated:
AllCoin.com
PoloniEx.com

The following pools have confirmed they have updated:
dnotespool.com
note.charityminingpools.com
http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8923/static/
Poolwarz

This does not mean the other pools and exchanges haven't updated, only that I haven't received confirmation from them directly.

c-cex.com has now confirmed they are on the correct version as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:26:37 PM

Added a new section to the OP for Auto Switch / Multi Pools. If you guys have any experience with them, please feel free to give us some feedback on Hamsterpool.com or Poolwarz.com.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:19:06 PM

TeeGee - It's great to have our very own resident economist and I'm looking forward to reading your posts. 

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
kz3d8fc7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:09:12 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 10:33:11 PM by kz3d8fc7

I have a few unconfirmed incoming transactions visible in the wallet from 02. June (5 days old).
Shall I wait more for getting them confirmed or do I need to do fix?

Version of wallet is:

"version" : 1000000,
"protocolversion" : 60001,
"walletversion" : 60000,

update:
"version" : 1010000,
"protocolversion" : 1010000,
"errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

get new version from git.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:47:58 PM

I have a few unconfirmed incoming transactions visible in the wallet from 02. June (5 days old).

Version of wallet is:

update:
"errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

kz3d8fc7,

The error message is ok, it just means there are some wallets on the network that have not updated. It looks like your stuck updating the blockchain though. If you are on windows, close the wallet, go to
C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes
And delete blk*.dat, then open the wallet and let it download the blockchain.

If you need help, send me an email contact@dnotescoin.com.

PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:55:10 AM

Version of wallet is:

update:

kz3d8fc7,

The error message is ok, it just means there are some wallets on the network that have not updated. It looks like your stuck updating the blockchain though. If you are on windows, close the wallet, go to
C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes
And delete blk*.dat, then open the wallet and let it download the blockchain.

If you need help, send me an email contact@dnotescoin.com.

Just an idea since I had same issue and on windows 7 it fights you to get to that directory even with admin rights, I had to follow a Microsoft Tech bulletin on how to get rid of "Access denied" errors.
Can we move those files to the install directory of Dnotes to make repairs and backups easier for people since not everyone is able or willing to figure out how to get to protected areas of the harddrive on some operating systems:)

Thanks in advance.

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:59:42 AM

Just an idea since I had same issue and on windows 7 it fights you to get to that directory even with admin rights, I had to follow a Microsoft Tech bulletin on how to get rid of "Access denied" errors.
Can we move those files to the install directory of Dnotes to make repairs and backups easier for people since not everyone is able or willing to figure out how to get to protected areas of the harddrive on some operating systems:)

Thanks in advance.

You actually have two paths to those files. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes
Without actually looking it up, I believe certain systems block you from the C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes directory.
But yeah, those issues should be easier for the average user to deal with, without digging into system folders.

kz3d8fc7

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:54:56 AM

Thank you DNotes for the great support! It worked, now I am synced :-)

BTW: I am a Linux user, can not cope with the complexity and slow speed of windoze anymore.

I am a fan of this coin! What I like the most is the amazing instant transfer!

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:35:58 PM

Thanks in advance.

You actually have two paths to those files. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes
Without actually looking it up, I believe certain systems block you from the C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes directory.
But yeah, those issues should be easier for the average user to deal with, without digging into system folders.

Instead of changing the way Windows works (or doesn't) why not incorporate some simple maintenance buttons in the wallet? You could go to a maintenance page and click on "Rebuild Blocks", "Update Config", "Reload", stuff like that. I know a lot of this can be done with the command line but, lets face it, we are looking for new users who don't know what a command line is. Having a maintenance page in the Wallet itself with simple, non destructive, commands would make many folks feel more at ease...

RJF 

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
kz3d8fc7

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:25:12 PM

Thanks in advance.

Instead of changing the way Windows works (or doesn't) why not incorporate some simple maintenance buttons in the wallet? You could go to a maintenance page and click on "Rebuild Blocks", "Update Config", "Reload", stuff like that. I know a lot of this can be done with the command line but, lets face it, we are looking for new users who don't know what a command line is. Having a maintenance page in the Wallet itself with simple, non destructive, commands would make many folks feel more at ease...

RJF 

Agree!
and not just for windows users, but for all. I personally made the manual fixing procedure quite a few times with different wallets. DNotes could be the first wallet having the maintenance mode "reload blocks" feature.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:25:27 PM

Thanks in advance.

RJF 

Agree!
and not just for windows users, but for all. I personally made the manual fixing procedure quite a few times with different wallets. DNotes could be the first wallet having the maintenance mode "reload blocks" feature.

Exactly! We will get to the point where making it even more user friendly will become a necessity. These features will have to be included.

Also, zph42 had mentioned about the built in mining feature, it's quirky at best and does not come with everything required to pool mine directly from the wallet. The issue of course is all the virus triggers and such that go along with the mining program. Then the other issue is CPU mining isn't really worth the effort at this time. We would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Remove it or improve it?

kz3d8fc7

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:47:42 AM

Exactly! We will get to the point where making it even more user friendly will become a necessity. These features will have to be included.

Also, zph42 had mentioned about the built in mining feature, it's quirky at best and does not come with everything required to pool mine directly from the wallet. The issue of course is all the virus triggers and such that go along with the mining program. Then the other issue is CPU mining isn't really worth the effort at this time. We would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Remove it or improve it?

First time tried mining in wallet.  4-core AMD CPU hashing at about 9kH/s. CPU load 100%, I do not think it is profitable considering electricity cost.

CPU I have:

Code:
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 4
model name : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 Processor
cpu MHz : 3200.000
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 12:36:38 PM

Something to consider: PayPal is getting close to adding digital currencies and eBay (parent company) is pushing the addition. In reading eBay's press releases and comments by the CEO (a "bitcoiner" by the way) it sounds like they may integrate more than one currency. I won't even consider sticking my neck out and guessing which ones but, now is the time to lobby them for DNotes.

I don't mean a full press campaign but, simply make them aware of DNotes so they can do their own research. Whatever criteria they use to decide is beyond us, and the scope of this comment but, we at least want to be recognized.

Perhaps a professional letter of introduction by the Dev team would be appropriate...

RJF

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:45:52 PM

TeeGee - It's great to have our very own resident economist and I'm looking forward to reading your posts. 

Definitely this.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:48:28 PM

Something to consider: PayPal is getting close to adding digital currencies and eBay (parent company) is pushing the addition. In reading eBay's press releases and comments by the CEO (a "bitcoiner" by the way) it sounds like they may integrate more than one currency. I won't even consider sticking my neck out and guessing which ones but, now is the time to lobby them for DNotes.

I don't mean a full press campaign but, simply make them aware of DNotes so they can do their own research. Whatever criteria they use to decide is beyond us, and the scope of this comment but, we at least want to be recognized.

Perhaps a professional letter of introduction by the Dev team would be appropriate...

RJF

Nice idea. I got really excited when I heard about the eBay/Paypal story as well.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:13:39 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 11:04:51 AM by Dyna

RJF

Thanks RJF. You have made a very significant observation. We strongly encourage our stake holders to highlight the DNotes difference to the best they can whenever they have a chance while visiting different forums. Just focus on one or two main points you personally believe in. Our PR campaign has already started and the intensity will pick up.

DNotes is not just another crypto currency. It is started and managed as a business. This will become more apparent over time. Being low profile while building a strong foundation to justify the increasing value of DNotes, is of critical importance in our strategic moves. As a matter of discipline, we take our time and prefer to make each move from a position of strength.

DNotes’ core mission from the day of launch is to be the digital currency of choice in global commerce. This is the biggest challenge of all, and consequently, comes with the biggest payoff for the few that can make it to the finishing line. We fully intend to be one of them and accordingly, from day one, we branded “DNotes is the Digital Currency of the Future with Lasting Value.” That is what DNotes is about. We set the bar very high. It is important for our stake holders to understand that this will take years to accomplish. Active support and involvement of our community will go a long way and could hasten our timeline.

Everyone will have their opinion whether DNotes is a viable investment candidate, both for day trading and long term investment. One can use many indicators, charts and graphs. To the DNotes team, our trading range over a sufficient period of at least six or longer is the best indicator to determine how successful will DNotes be in accomplishing its core mission of being the digital currency of choice for global commerce. The perfect score is the consistency of making higher highs and higher lows. The worst case is reaching half  way to the moon and comes right back crashing down to earth. The best real life case is AuroraCoin with a high of over $40 and down to $0.22 today (6-8-14), after just a few months. Sadly, too many bag holders have yet to learn a more objective selection process to identify more trustworthy investment opportunities.

The advantages of using Bitcoin and other digital currencies over other forms of payment like credit card, debit card, and pay pal have been well publicized. It is labeled by some as a disruptive technology for very good reasons. Hence, credit and debit card companies, pay pal, banks, and governments are taking this very seriously.  They are beginning to realize that this is not going to go away. They are also fully aware that the biggest problem confronting the industry before mass merchant adoption of digital currency as a form of payment can take place, volatility of crypto currency value must be brought to a manageable level. The ferocious fluctuations of crypto currencies today is simply chaotic, destroying the exceeding low transaction cost advantage. Although the risk can be minimized, the cost of deploying various currency hedging vehicles to protect merchant transactions erodes any cost benefits.

As part of our business plan, DNotes is positioned to address many challenging issues on an on going basis.  We will try to address one or two issues each time and hope that, over time, our long term stake holders understand what matters most for DNotes to be truly valuable. No one knows what the price of DNotes will be, a year from now, or three years from now. What we do know is that any rapid price increase of DNotes that is not sustainable and not supported by fundamentals is a curse than a blessing to our core mission. DNotes long term stake holders are firmly committed to supporting its natural value backed by strong fundamentals. In brief, we are firmly committed to supporting the higher lows of our trend line, and unless it reaches ridiculous levels, we will let the higher highs take care of themselves.

Once again, we encourage DNotes stake holders to be more engaged in this forum. We have a very strong community sharing many common goals. The scope of our mission for DNotes and Cryptomoms are rapidly growing. We can use a lot more active participation.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:01:59 PM

The chaotic crypto world travelling at lightning speed mentioned in one of Dyna's previous posts reminds me of a pinball machine.  The shiny ball is launched.  It flies around aimlessly as lights are flashing, bells are ringing, and it is very exhilarating.  The problem with pinball however, is the fact that every shiny ball eventually goes down the hole.  It is nice to see that DNotes isn't playing pinball and has taken the route of a very strategic game of chess.  This game may take years, but I plan on being here when we get to say "checkmate!"

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

The chaotic crypto world travelling at lightning speed mentioned in one of Dyna's previous posts reminds me of a pinball machine.  The shiny ball is launched.  It flies around aimlessly as lights are flashing, bells are ringing, and it is very exhilarating.  The problem with pinball however, is the fact that every shiny ball eventually goes down the hole.  It is nice to see that DNotes isn't playing pinball and has taken the route of a very strategic game of chess.  This game may take years, but I plan on being here when we get to say "checkmate!"

That is a great visualization of the current state of the cryptocurrency world.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:36:14 PM

First time tried mining in wallet.  4-core AMD CPU hashing at about 9kH/s. CPU load 100%, I do not think it is profitable considering electricity cost.

CPU I have:

Code:

You may be better off CPU mining one of these new X 11 or X 13 coins as part of a pool, and selling them for DNotes.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:29:18 PM

CPU I have:

Code:

You may be better off CPU mining one of these new X 11 or X 13 coins as part of a pool, and selling them for DNotes.

That is a great idea. DNotes is undervalued with significant upside potential. Since the drastic reduction in block rewards, we are seeing a clear up trend. However, there has also been a noticeable drag, possibly from larger miners or multi-pools that have been holding out in anticipation of the predicted up trend. Once this backlog is cleared, the upward momentum is expected to pickup significantly.

We are happy to see a slight increase in participation in this forum. We like to encourage all DNotes stake holders to visit us here often with their suggestions and comments.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: