Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

Let me try to comment from a slightly different prospective this morning. Like everyone else, I am an investor. I am willing to take some risks, with the hope of potential high returns. Having been an entrepreneur in multiple businesses for over forty years, I have seen quite a bit of the good, the bad and the ugly. Sadly enough, there is a lacking of “the good” with an over dose of “the bad and the ugly” in our industry. It does not look like it’s going to end anytime soon. However, digital currency is here to stay and there will be many investment opportunities. The challenge is finding the right one, perhaps with the right mix. That is easier said than done. With rampant bad behaviors, and outright dishonesty, unfavorable regulations will kick in to protect investors resulting in unintended consequences. Invest with caution.

As mentioned in previous posts, DNotes is managed as a business with very deliberate “winning strategies” skillfully executed at the most opportune time. We constantly study our industry as a whole and adjust our strategic plans, as well as development and launch schedules. We are highly focused and will only do things that matter. In an open source environment, it is too easy to be a “me too”.  It cost relatively little and does not take much to parade a long list of “technology innovations,” a highly misused term in our space. It is not how quickly we can get something done, but the strategic skills to get the right thing done at the right time that counts.

We believe in developing solid building blocks to secure a solid foundation to support the fundamental value of DNotes. Important examples of building blocks are trust, integrity, stability, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, and the family of CR.I.S.Ps. These are the unique properties of DNotes and can not be easily duplicated. That makes it a value play.

DNotesVault will be incorporated with very useful and significant technologies.

We are also making a big effort to work with different universities and many different business groups. In addition, many different programs promoting involvement and awareness for CryptoMoms are also in the works. This is a business model designed to survive the test of time in our commitment to build a trustworthy digital currency for the masses. DNotes is best suited for long-term investors interested in high potential returns without the emotion of constant hype and high drama.  

Very well said. I think investing in a variety of cryptos is the safest way to protect your investment. And always do as much homework as possible about where you are investing.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:28:26 PM

Let me try to comment from a slightly different prospective this morning. Like everyone else, I am an investor. I am willing to take some risks, with the hope of potential high returns. Having been an entrepreneur in multiple businesses for over forty years, I have seen quite a bit of the good, the bad and the ugly. Sadly enough, there is a lacking of “the good” with an over dose of “the bad and the ugly” in our industry. It does not look like it’s going to end anytime soon. However, digital currency is here to stay and there will be many investment opportunities. The challenge is finding the right one, perhaps with the right mix. That is easier said than done. With rampant bad behaviors, and outright dishonesty, unfavorable regulations will kick in to protect investors resulting in unintended consequences. Invest with caution.

As mentioned in previous posts, DNotes is managed as a business with very deliberate “winning strategies” skillfully executed at the most opportune time. We constantly study our industry as a whole and adjust our strategic plans, as well as development and launch schedules. We are highly focused and will only do things that matter. In an open source environment, it is too easy to be a “me too”.  It cost relatively little and does not take much to parade a long list of “technology innovations,” a highly misused term in our space. It is not how quickly we can get something done, but the strategic skills to get the right thing done at the right time that counts.

We believe in developing solid building blocks to secure a solid foundation to support the fundamental value of DNotes. Important examples of building blocks are trust, integrity, stability, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, and the family of CR.I.S.Ps. These are the unique properties of DNotes and can not be easily duplicated. That makes it a value play.

We are also making a big effort to work with different universities and many different business groups. In addition, many different programs promoting involvement and awareness for CryptoMoms are also in the works. This is a business model designed to survive the test of time in our commitment to build a trustworthy digital currency for the masses. DNotes is best suited for long-term investors interested in high potential returns without the emotion of constant hype and high drama.  

It is typical behavior to over compensate for a given problem. Hopefully our governments can find a happy medium and not create to many unfavorable regulations as you said.
kanus1113

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:30:19 PM

Very well said. I think investing in a variety of cryptos is the safest way to protect your investment. And always do as much homework as possible about where you are investing.

+1
I spent several weeks following this forum and the exchanges before making a single investment. It can be confusing at first, but it starts to become clear which coins will die quickly and how to invest.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

Thanks for your kind words. A well diversified portfolio is recommended in any serious long term investment. For most people, staying under 10% of total available investment may be a good guideline. Investing on a regular basis can also make a big difference.

“And always do as much homework as possible about where you are investing.” I am in total agreement with you on that. Even highly trained venture capital investment professionals make the right pick just 50% of the time. They do their home in a big way. They place very high value on the management team and the consistency of their track records.  Investing based on faith alone is very high risk. It is very important to know the background and track records of the spokesperson disclosing their business model and strategies. People are very consistent in their behavior, both in the positive and negative ways. Take the pattern of behavior very seriously. Once established, whatever it is, that will continue to be the outcome.

In the case of DNotes, we deliberately want to go slow and steady, doing the things that matter most. It is much more important for us to demonstrate than to tell people what we represent. The DNotes team provides the vision, leadership and support in hopes that more and more people appreciate and share the same philosophies. Those who don’t will unload their stake and move on. That will always be the case.

There is a great deal of frustrations, confusion, mistrust and regulatory challenges in our industry. It is all part of the growing pains. The growth potential in job and wealth creation is massive, but mass consumer and merchant adoption worldwide will be many years away. We have plenty of time to build a solid foundation and do the right things.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

I have in my little lifespan as a crypto enthusiast seen many coins appear and like supernovas explode and die. I am so relieved that there is some sanity in this whole Cryptosphere that helps us to be a bit level headed. Of course thee are always opportunities that with the right due diligence and some intuition can lead to some high success rates but the solid foundation on which DNOTES has been built and the integrity it is standing on I have so far seen no where in Cryptoland, not like this. I will always stand by DNOTES and hope to educate our next Generation, opening them a DNOTES wallet.  Smiley I hope in 5 - 10 years I can look back and say, WOW DNOTES helped with my Son's wedding.  Cheesy DNOTES is my retirement nest egg, DNOTES is giving my parents a much needed treat/holiday. Now with fiat losing value, salaries and pensions being eroded, DNOTES can fill the gap of uncertainty among the masses. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 02:10:50 AM

I have in my little lifespan as a crypto enthusiast seen many coins appear and like supernovas explode and die. I am so relieved that there is some sanity in this whole Cryptosphere that helps us to be a bit level headed. Of course thee are always opportunities that with the right due diligence and some intuition can lead to some high success rates but the solid foundation on which DNOTES has been built and the integrity it is standing on I have so far seen no where in Cryptoland, not like this. I will always stand by DNOTES and hope to educate our next Generation, opening them a DNOTES wallet.  Smiley I hope in 5 - 10 years I can look back and say, WOW DNOTES helped with my Son's wedding.  Cheesy DNOTES is my retirement nest egg, DNOTES is giving my parents a much needed treat/holiday. Now with fiat losing value, salaries and pensions being eroded, DNOTES can fill the gap of uncertainty among the masses. Smiley

Thank you qiwoman! We hope to have helped many reach their financial goals within a few years.

kanus1113

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:31:22 PM

Ran across this webinar about digital currency regulation and compliance on the crypto coin news site.

http://digitalchamber.org/risky-business-webinar.html

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:54:33 PM

Ran across this webinar about digital currency regulation and compliance on the crypto coin news site.

http://digitalchamber.org/risky-business-webinar.html

That might be interesting to attend.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:33:41 AM

I am delighted each day to wake p and find my trading DNOTES to be a breeze. Trying to accumulate bags without losing is an extremely difficult task in Crypto, but with Trading or MINING DNOTES One is never at a loss. I just noticed DNOTES in the top ten HOT COINS on C-CEX. I better get some btc over there to lap some up. I have been trading on POLONIEX AND ALLCOIN consistently so time to collect more DNOTES for the Vault.  Smiley. I am even encouraging those with 0 money to click as many btc and other faucets as possible and just convert that BTC to DNOTES and let it sit there for a year before even touching it.  Smiley.

https://twitter.com/goldentags/status/528842815862632450

DNOTES Blog post coming tonight..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:41:16 PM

I am delighted each day to wake p and find my trading DNOTES to be a breeze. Trying to accumulate bags without losing is an extremely difficult task in Crypto, but with Trading or MINING DNOTES One is never at a loss. I just noticed DNOTES in the top ten HOT COINS on C-CEX. I better get some btc over there to lap some up. I have been trading on POLONIEX AND ALLCOIN consistently so time to collect more DNOTES for the Vault.  Smiley. I am even encouraging those with 0 money to click as many btc and other faucets as possible and just convert that BTC to DNOTES and let it sit there for a year before even touching it.  Smiley.

DNOTES Blog post coming tonight..  Smiley

Thanks for your confidence and support. We are looking forward to your Blog tonight. Our intent is not to be self-serving, but still able to communicate with our stakeholders and potential investors as objectively and accurately as possible. It is not always easy without falling into the trap of being too boring, when contrasted with the high drama and ferocious attacks so common in our industry.

Personally, I am even more confident that our low key, flying under the radar, strategy while building a solid foundation of trust and integrity is a prudent and wise approach. We will remain conservative but highly focused in doing things that really matter, with the agility to response quickly and aggressively when appropriate.  It is apparent that our industry, as a whole, is often destructive, unproductive, constantly putting out fire, and not too interested to promote mutual benefits, beyond the supporters of their own coin.

We believe that DNotes will continue to be the most stable digital currency with reliable long-term appreciation, establishing new higher highs and higher lows. This is an extremely valuable characteristic of a stable currency with potential high returns over the long term. A reliable growth path in value appreciation reduces the risk of investment capital loss for long-term investors, making it an excellent candidate for investors adding to their DNotes investment on a regular basis. The concept of dollar averaging, in this case, will be extremely favorable.  This will make our CR.I.S.Ps immensely popular. Our ultimate goal is to make DNotes a choice candidate in any cryptocurrency investment portfolio in the future, making mass consumer and merchant adoption a reality.
BoscoBlue

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:56:01 PM

Thanks for your confidence and support. We are looking forward to your Blog tonight. Our intent is not to be self-serving, but still able to communicate with our stakeholders and potential investors as objectively and accurately as possible. It is not always easy without falling into the trap of being too boring, when contrasted with the high drama and ferocious attacks so common in our industry.

Personally, I am even more confident that our low key, flying under the radar, strategy while building a solid foundation of trust and integrity is a prudent and wise approach. We will remain conservative but highly focused in doing things that really matter, with the agility to response quickly and aggressively when appropriate.  It is apparent that our industry, as a whole, is often destructive, unproductive, constantly putting out fire, and not too interested to promote mutual benefits, beyond the supporters of their own coin.

We believe that DNotes will continue to be the most stable digital currency with reliable long-term appreciation, establishing new higher highs and higher lows. This is an extremely valuable characteristic of a stable currency with potential high returns over the long term. A reliable growth path in value appreciation reduces the risk of investment capital loss for long-term investors, making it an excellent candidate for investors adding to their DNotes investment on a regular basis. The concept of dollar averaging, in this case, will be extremely favorable.  This will make our CR.I.S.Ps immensely popular. Our ultimate goal is to make DNotes a choice candidate in any cryptocurrency investment portfolio in the future, making mass consumer and merchant adoption a reality.

Avoiding the hype, over promising, and under delivering will allow Dnotes slow and steady growth rather than sharp inclines and even steeper declines. I've said it before, but I'm glad I found you guys.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:41:31 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 10:19:42 PM by Dyna

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from: Ashley on November 01, 2014, 02:55:30 PM

If a large, already regulated, financial institution like Newnote Financial Corp. buys into a cryptocurrency payment processor, are they already covered as far as cryptocurrency regulation goes?  Or would they have to own the whole thing?  Maybe these big companies see gold mines in deals like this.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12928029/1/newnote-financial-corp-acquires-equity-in-major-crypto-currency-payment-processor-coinpayments-inc.html

Quote from Shepherd:

Hi Ashley. I was hoping that someone with a legal background would answer your important question.  Let me give it the best shot as a layman and someone who was the CEO of a publicly traded company one time.

Let us first take a closer look at the official statement released:

“Newnote Financial Corp. (the "Company"), (CSE: NEU; OTCQB: NWWTF; FSE: 1W4) is pleased to announce it has purchased an equity position in the crypto-currency payment processor Coinpayments Inc. ("Coinpayments")
Coinpayments Inc. is a privately held payment processor operating the Coinpayments website, a service similar to Coinbase and Bitpay.”

Based on that statement, NEWNOTE Financial Corp, is a publicly traded company, OTCQB, that purchased “an equity position in the crypto-currency payment processor Coinpayments Inc.” and that “Coinpayments Inc. is a privately held payment processor.”

The answer is “no”. NEWNote Financial is just another investor. For it to be absorbed under the approved regulatory umbrella it has to be a complete merger, with new filings and approvals from the Canadian Securities Administrators, Coinpayments Inc, is still the same legal entity, with no more and no less legal sanction before the investment from Newnote Financial.

Using a publicly traded company to acquire other crypto related companies is an interesting concept, to rapidly grow the parent company. It is one that I am personally interested in. However, given the current regulatory environment it will be met with a lot of legal hurdles and enormous cost along with long delays, making it far less attractive.

Newnote Financial Corp. (Formerly Winrock Resources, Inc.) is a new small Canadian company, traded over-the-counter through the Toronto Stock Exchange. They appeared to have a very aggressive growth strategy, constantly pushing the limits. It is a high risk strategy, possibly with high rewards.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:36:23 AM

Avoiding the hype, over promising, and under delivering will allow Dnotes slow and steady growth rather than sharp inclines and even steeper declines. I've said it before, but I'm glad I found you guys.

Same here, these guys know what they're doing!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:40:29 AM

I don’t  know much of a DNotes wallet drama but found this old write-up interesting:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=drama_and_long_term_investments_in_cryptoland

June 6, 2014  

Despite current wallet drama, D-Notes is looking good as a long term investment

The D-notes faucet I'd recently discovered has been dry more often than not. Today when I checked it after a rather long hiatus, I was delighted to find it flowing again. I happily hit it up enough to get my 50 NOTE payout, only to find that my AllCoin NOTE wallet is currently frozen for maintenance. So at this point I'm not sure if I will see those funds once the wallet maintenance is complete, or if I just filled out a bunch of Captchas for nothing. Assuming I do get the funds, I'm also trying to decide if I should do a bit of day trading with them or if I should just hold onto them.

I had put a bit more than one hundredth of a Bitcoin into buying D-Notes. Then I started to notice a pattern in the price, so I sold my NOTE at a higher price than I paid for them, and waited for the price to drop back down so I could buy some more. The price drop never happened and instead the price soared to way higher than my highest sell price. Meanwhile the price of Devcoin kept getting cheaper and cheaper, until I finally just used the proceeds from selling D-Notes to buy more Devcoins. I remember thinking: “This is what I get for trying to be a day trader!” Perhaps holding onto my D-Notes is a wiser strategy.

But D-Notes strike me as an alt-coin worth investing in. According to this press release, Alan Yong, the founder of D-Notes has been a highly successful entrepreneur before and understands what it takes to make a venture successful. He views getting into the cryptocoin business as a similar opportunity to getting into the PC manufacturing business in the late 80s. Lots of people get into the business but in the end there will be just a few still standing. He intends to have D-Notes among them. His team has a vision and a plan which includes launching interesting projects such as the CryptoMoms forum.

I've hung out some on the CryptoMoms forum and one of the users made the recommendation that people give up one of their specialty coffee drinks every week and use that money to buy D-Notes instead. My original intention with spending around 0.01 BTC on D-Notes last month was to essentially do the same (except since I don't drink specialty coffees I'd have to come up with the equivalent amount some other way–mining). But then I got sidetracked with my attempts to accumulate D-Notes not by buying more but by day trading the ones I had. This time I think I will just buy and hold, and supplement that by occasionally hitting up the faucet. At least I'll get going once my D-Note wallet gets unfrozen.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

I don’t  know much of a DNotes wallet drama but found this old write-up interesting:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=drama_and_long_term_investments_in_cryptoland

June 6, 2014  

Despite current wallet drama, D-Notes is looking good as a long term investment

The D-notes faucet I'd recently discovered has been dry more often than not. Today when I checked it after a rather long hiatus, I was delighted to find it flowing again. I happily hit it up enough to get my 50 NOTE payout, only to find that my AllCoin NOTE wallet is currently frozen for maintenance. So at this point I'm not sure if I will see those funds once the wallet maintenance is complete, or if I just filled out a bunch of Captchas for nothing. Assuming I do get the funds, I'm also trying to decide if I should do a bit of day trading with them or if I should just hold onto them.

I had put a bit more than one hundredth of a Bitcoin into buying D-Notes. Then I started to notice a pattern in the price, so I sold my NOTE at a higher price than I paid for them, and waited for the price to drop back down so I could buy some more. The price drop never happened and instead the price soared to way higher than my highest sell price. Meanwhile the price of Devcoin kept getting cheaper and cheaper, until I finally just used the proceeds from selling D-Notes to buy more Devcoins. I remember thinking: “This is what I get for trying to be a day trader!” Perhaps holding onto my D-Notes is a wiser strategy.

But D-Notes strike me as an alt-coin worth investing in. According to this press release, Alan Yong, the founder of D-Notes has been a highly successful entrepreneur before and understands what it takes to make a venture successful. He views getting into the cryptocoin business as a similar opportunity to getting into the PC manufacturing business in the late 80s. Lots of people get into the business but in the end there will be just a few still standing. He intends to have D-Notes among them. His team has a vision and a plan which includes launching interesting projects such as the CryptoMoms forum.

I've hung out some on the CryptoMoms forum and one of the users made the recommendation that people give up one of their specialty coffee drinks every week and use that money to buy D-Notes instead. My original intention with spending around 0.01 BTC on D-Notes last month was to essentially do the same (except since I don't drink specialty coffees I'd have to come up with the equivalent amount some other way–mining). But then I got sidetracked with my attempts to accumulate D-Notes not by buying more but by day trading the ones I had. This time I think I will just buy and hold, and supplement that by occasionally hitting up the faucet. At least I'll get going once my D-Note wallet gets unfrozen.

I don't know either, nice article though.

RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 08:28:08 PM

Question: Are there any stable multipools where I can use SHA256 to get NOTES? Looking to put some idle miners to work...

RJF

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

Also, any plans to get listed on Cryptsy now that MP is gone?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 09:51:04 PM

Question: Are there any stable multipools where I can use SHA256 to get NOTES? Looking to put some idle miners to work...

RJF

I haven't been following the mutipools, I would guess poolwarz is a pretty stable one for SHA256. Is btc just not profitable enough for the SHA256 miners?

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

RJF

I haven't been following the mutipools, I would guess poolwarz is a pretty stable one for SHA256. Is btc just not profitable enough for the SHA256 miners?

Personally, I have two sets of gear, SCRYPT and SHA256. I would rather mine DNotes and one of 3 other SCRYPT coins rather than Bitcoin and another SCRYPT coin. I don't mine for day trading or quick profit, I mine to accumulate certain altcoins for long term positions.

It is best for me to have all SCRYPT miners working on one coin and the SHA units working on another 24/7 at the present time. Just my preference....

Bitcoin is what it is, low return for investment for small operators like me. With 400 Gh/s SHA it's not worth it. Besides, it's not Bitcoin I wish to pile up right now, I've other plans...  Smiley

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:18:01 PM

RJF

Personally, I have two sets of gear, SCRYPT and SHA256. I would rather mine DNotes and one of 3 other SCRYPT coins rather than Bitcoin and another SCRYPT coin. I don't mine for day trading or quick profit, I mine to accumulate certain altcoins for long term positions.

It is best for me to have all SCRYPT miners working on one coin and the SHA units working on another 24/7 at the present time. Just my preference....

Bitcoin is what it is, low return for investment for small operators like me. With 400 Gh/s SHA it's not worth it. Besides, it's not Bitcoin I wish to pile up right now, I've other plans...  Smiley

Completely understand. I did some quick looking around, didn't find any that would allow you get paid out in DNotes for your SHA256 via multipool mining. You have to do the trading part manually.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: