Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:21:00 PM

Also, any plans to get listed on Cryptsy now that MP is gone?

It is disappointing Mintpal is gone shortly after the big push to be listed there. Would Cryptsy be your first choice as the next exchange to shoot for having DNotes listed?

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:03:48 AM

It is disappointing Mintpal is gone shortly after the big push to be listed there. Would Cryptsy be your first choice as the next exchange to shoot for having DNotes listed?

Personally, yes. I've had this discussion in several other forums since MP went belly up and the consensus is the same. Cryptsy is currently the most stable with the least amount of problems and appears honest, at least as honest as they seem to get. Also has a real person out in front with a real face. I've used them for about a year now have had zero problems.

Your mileage may vary but, that's my take on it...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:59:32 AM

Personally, yes. I've had this discussion in several other forums since MP went belly up and the consensus is the same. Cryptsy is currently the most stable with the least amount of problems and appears honest, at least as honest as they seem to get. Also has a real person out in front with a real face. I've used them for about a year now have had zero problems.

Your mileage may vary but, that's my take on it...

Although we have made various attempts Cryptsy has not included DNotes on their Voting List. I recall that quite few from our community have also written to them without a favorable response. That was quite a few months ago. If someone can get us on the list, we will be supportive of that.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:52:03 PM

DNOTES may be on another upcoming exchange soon.. I hear and see birds in the sky... Cheesy Wink

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

DNOTES may be on another upcoming exchange soon.. I hear and see birds in the sky... Cheesy Wink

My prediction is that over the mid-term (one year) many exchanges would want to include DNotes, by popular demand. Within two to three years, some major DNotes stakeholders would own a DNotes Exchange, specifically for DNotes and Bitcoin. DNotes will position itself to be the most cost effective currency for cross-border currency transfer. It sounds like a long time, especially in our industry. We believe it pays to do things right; in the best strategic sequence.

Gaining short term momentum is not difficult. Keeping the gain and making the momentum sustainable is the biggest challenge few in our industry have succeeded. I am seeing a phenomenon of constant “build and destroy”, in our industry, for many different reasons. That is not productive. Our industry has been spinning its wheels, and to some extent, we are all paying a price for it.

Until DNotes becomes one of the most value digital currencies in our space, many may not understand or appreciate the DNotes’ approach in building fundamental values. We will be launching DNotesVault in the coming weeks. That will be our second property that has major strategic significance. Among various objectives, DNotesVault will be creatively utilized to build the next generation of DNotes stakeholders using CR.I.S.P. for kids and CR.I.S.P. for students. Our first property is, of course, CryptoMoms, with a mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently overwhelmingly dominated by man.

DNotes, DNotesVault, and CryptoMoms are all strategically linked. It is a powerful package that will be used to grow DNotes stakeholders outside of our industry. This may be our approach to create the “eggs” in order to have the “chicken”.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

My prediction is that over the mid-term (one year) many exchanges would want to include DNotes, by popular demand. Within two to three years, some major DNotes stakeholders would own a DNotes Exchange, specifically for DNotes and Bitcoin. DNotes will position itself to be the most cost effective currency for cross-border currency transfer. It sounds like a long time, especially in our industry. We believe it pays to do things right; in the best strategic sequence.

Gaining short term momentum is not difficult. Keeping the gain and making the momentum sustainable is the biggest challenge few in our industry have succeeded. I am seeing a phenomenon of constant “build and destroy”, in our industry, for many different reasons. That is not productive. Our industry has been spinning its wheels, and to some extent, we are all paying a price for it.

Until DNotes becomes one of the most value digital currencies in our space, many may not understand or appreciate the DNotes’ approach in building fundamental values. We will be launching DNotesVault in the coming weeks. That will be our second property that has major strategic significance. Among various objectives, DNotesVault will be creatively utilized to build the next generation of DNotes stakeholders using CR.I.S.P. for kids and CR.I.S.P. for students. Our first property is, of course, CryptoMoms, with a mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently overwhelmingly dominated by man.

DNotes, DNotesVault, and CryptoMoms are all strategically linked. It is a powerful package that will be used to grow DNotes stakeholders outside of our industry. This may be our approach to create the “eggs” in order to have the “chicken”.

I couldn't agree more, would be great to have the exchange also able to offer fiat for DNOTES s lay people can directly convert their fiat money into DNOTES to save and invest..Also a DNOTES hedge fund or is the Vault going to be similar to a hedge fund type thing?.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

Hey Dnotes fam. Haven't been around much, been working on other investments, but I continue to mine Dnotes with my home equipment.  I just wanted to let you guys in on a new coin being launched that you may find interesting. https://hashcoin.com/ It's being launched by GAW Miners who you may remember me posting about.  Pretty interesting Asset backed, working on exchange and merchant adoption pre-launch.  Let me know what you think.

As a side note anyone interested in seeing what Gaw has to offer with their cloud mining they are offering a free 10 GHs Of Sha-256 mining to new accounts.  Let me know and I'll send you an invite if your interested.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

I couldn't agree more, would be great to have the exchange also able to offer fiat for DNOTES s lay people can directly convert their fiat money into DNOTES to save and invest..Also a DNOTES hedge fund or is the Vault going to be similar to a hedge fund type thing?.

Let me qualify my comments as “speculative” for the moment, as it is highly dependent on the regulatory environment at that time, countries of operations, and partners.

The ability to spend and accept multi currencies for DNotes is the goal. A budgeted amount of DNotes is stored in a mobile device or a card and replenished through the DNotesVault interactively or individually authorized when needed. Think of DNotes as USD. Think of payment processing as an improved version of Apple Pay or Google wallet, taking full advantage of NFC (near field communication). If you have DNotes in your wallet or in your vault, you can spend or exchange it for another currency anywhere, anytime. The card will serve as a portable ATM.

I am speculating that within three years, there will be “early adapter nations” that will permit banks to treat digital currency like fiat currency. DNotes ecosystem will include DNotes specific exchanges and partner banks offering a full suite of financial services.

This must be built with a solid record of trust and stability, dreadfully lacking today. There is no fast track to building solid trust and integrity. It has to be earned over time. We will take our time to do things right.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:38:29 PM

Hey Dnotes fam. Haven't been around much, been working on other investments, but I continue to mine Dnotes with my home equipment.  I just wanted to let you guys in on a new coin being launched that you may find interesting. https://hashcoin.com/ It's being launched by GAW Miners who you may remember me posting about.  Pretty interesting Asset backed, working on exchange and merchant adoption pre-launch.  Let me know what you think.

As a side note anyone interested in seeing what Gaw has to offer with their cloud mining they are offering a free 10 GHs Of Sha-256 mining to new accounts.  Let me know and I'll send you an invite if your interested.

Dunno if I can stomach another ICO/IPO/whatever, even if its supported by a reputable company. I gave up after getting scammed several times. Granted small amounts, to make sure I didn't lose too much, it felt more like gambling heh.

kanus1113

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:50:08 PM

Let me qualify my comments as “speculative” for the moment, as it is highly dependent on the regulatory environment at that time, countries of operations, and partners.

The ability to spend and accept multi currencies for DNotes is the goal. A budgeted amount of DNotes is stored in a mobile device or a card and replenished through the DNotesVault interactively or individually authorized when needed. Think of DNotes as USD. Think of payment processing as an improved version of Apple Pay or Google wallet, taking full advantage of NFC (near field communication). If you have DNotes in your wallet or in your vault, you can spend or exchange it for another currency anywhere, anytime. The card will serve as a portable ATM.

I am speculating that within three years, there will be “early adapter nations” that will permit banks to treat digital currency like fiat currency. DNotes ecosystem will include DNotes specific exchanges and partner banks offering a full suite of financial services.

This must be built with a solid record of trust and stability, dreadfully lacking today. There is no fast track to building solid trust and integrity. It has to be earned over time. We will take our time to do things right.

Ambitious and realistic. Your using each piece as a stepping stone to get to the next level.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:43:21 AM

I don’t  know much of a DNotes wallet drama but found this old write-up interesting:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=drama_and_long_term_investments_in_cryptoland

June 6, 2014  

Despite current wallet drama, D-Notes is looking good as a long term investment

The D-notes faucet I'd recently discovered has been dry more often than not. Today when I checked it after a rather long hiatus, I was delighted to find it flowing again. I happily hit it up enough to get my 50 NOTE payout, only to find that my AllCoin NOTE wallet is currently frozen for maintenance. So at this point I'm not sure if I will see those funds once the wallet maintenance is complete, or if I just filled out a bunch of Captchas for nothing. Assuming I do get the funds, I'm also trying to decide if I should do a bit of day trading with them or if I should just hold onto them.

I had put a bit more than one hundredth of a Bitcoin into buying D-Notes. Then I started to notice a pattern in the price, so I sold my NOTE at a higher price than I paid for them, and waited for the price to drop back down so I could buy some more. The price drop never happened and instead the price soared to way higher than my highest sell price. Meanwhile the price of Devcoin kept getting cheaper and cheaper, until I finally just used the proceeds from selling D-Notes to buy more Devcoins. I remember thinking: “This is what I get for trying to be a day trader!” Perhaps holding onto my D-Notes is a wiser strategy.

But D-Notes strike me as an alt-coin worth investing in. According to this press release, Alan Yong, the founder of D-Notes has been a highly successful entrepreneur before and understands what it takes to make a venture successful. He views getting into the cryptocoin business as a similar opportunity to getting into the PC manufacturing business in the late 80s. Lots of people get into the business but in the end there will be just a few still standing. He intends to have D-Notes among them. His team has a vision and a plan which includes launching interesting projects such as the CryptoMoms forum.

I've hung out some on the CryptoMoms forum and one of the users made the recommendation that people give up one of their specialty coffee drinks every week and use that money to buy D-Notes instead. My original intention with spending around 0.01 BTC on D-Notes last month was to essentially do the same (except since I don't drink specialty coffees I'd have to come up with the equivalent amount some other way–mining). But then I got sidetracked with my attempts to accumulate D-Notes not by buying more but by day trading the ones I had. This time I think I will just buy and hold, and supplement that by occasionally hitting up the faucet. At least I'll get going once my D-Note wallet gets unfrozen.

I really like this write-up and it's nice to see others realizing the potential of DNotes as a long term investment.  I calculated what the writer would have in DNotes now, if he committed to a steady monthly investment of .01 Bitcoin.  I found the high and low price of DNotes every month and calculated the minimum and maximum amount of DNotes that he/she could have purchased each month from May to October.  I used a very rough estimate for the price of Bitcoin over that 6 month period of $500 (that sounds really high right now!) For $5 a month and $30 in total, the writer could purchased a minimum of around 9000 and a maximum of 19000 DNotes.  This is only 6 months, imagine what those numbers would be in 10 or 20 years.  That's the power of long term savings!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:41:17 PM

Brief Updates:

The DNotes Team is working hard in getting ready to launch DNotesVault next week. We will have a full press release on DNotesVault next week followed by a second one on CR.I.S.P. for Kids a week to ten days later, both with a distribution list of over 40,000 news outlets worldwide. Together with CryptoMoms and DNotes, as the industry most stable digital currency, we will pack a powerful punch that is likely to go a long way in our commitments to secure mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency. Please do your best to keep our forum engaged as much as you can. Than you.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:30:18 AM

Brief Updates:

The DNotes Team is working hard in getting ready to launch DNotesVault next week. We will have a full press release on DNotesVault next week followed by a second one on CR.I.S.P. for Kids a week to ten days later, both with a distribution list of over 40,000 news outlets worldwide. Together with CryptoMoms and DNotes, as the industry most stable digital currency, we will pack a powerful punch that is likely to go a long way in our commitments to secure mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency. Please do your best to keep our forum engaged as much as you can. Than you.

I'm excited for the future of DNotes, it looks extremely promising. After following and investing in many cryptocurrencies, I am thankful to have found such a solid store of value. It's nice when you can take a couple days off, and know your money will still be there when you get back!
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:34:10 PM

Brief Updates:

This is excellent news so now I know why whales are playing around with DNOTES this week to accumulate a good bunch. This really is the best second chance newcomers have to entering the DNOTES MARKET. This for me counts as the second phase in DNOTES History that will have great prominence. I have been poorly for the last two days so been bit behind with stuff but I haven't forgotten I got a blog post to do for DNOTES to get this information out there to some new people. This is one time I wish I owned a scrypt asic lol.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 06:13:18 PM

Anybody here from Lifeforce.info pool? Are you still up for DNotes? Do you plan to stay available?  I only ask because I'm thinking of switching to your pool but don't see any current users online. Thx...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
kanus1113

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:07:09 PM

Brief Updates:

I'm excited for the future of DNotes, it looks extremely promising. After following and investing in many cryptocurrencies, I am thankful to have found such a solid store of value. It's nice when you can take a couple days off, and know your money will still be there when you get back!

Funny you mention that, lol. I've had days where a couple hundred dollars worth of coins turn into a couple dollars. I'm glad those days are behind me.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 10:01:47 PM by CryptoBroker79

Brief Updates:

Funny you mention that, lol. I've had days where a couple hundred dollars worth of coins turn into a couple dollars. I'm glad those days are behind me.

Same here. The Country/Region coins seemed to do the worst. AuroraCoin is at about 1/1300th of its peak price. Worse yet is SpainCoin, currently sitting at 1/5400th of its highest price. It's almost laughable, but I do feel for the investors who were duped.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 10:46:36 PM

Anybody here from Lifeforce.info pool? Are you still up for DNotes? Do you plan to stay available?  I only ask because I'm thinking of switching to your pool but don't see any current users online. Thx...

Hi RJF. I sent them a message to make sure they realized there was a question here waiting for them.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:34:19 PM

Hi RJF. I sent them a message to make sure they realized there was a question here waiting for them.

Ok, thanks!

DNotesVault
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:39:52 PM

And, the case for digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin gets stronger and stronger:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory Doctorow at 8:00 pm Tue, Nov 4, 2014

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh?

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: