Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:30:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:04:27 PM

And, the case for digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin gets stronger and stronger:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory Doctorow at 8:00 pm Tue, Nov 4, 2014

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh?

If we don't have the option of refusing the new card and keeping the old "archaic" magnetic stripe card, I'll let my scissors do the talking! 

For those who keep it...  If a trip to the mall garners a lot of up close and personal attention, you may want to check your credit card history when you get home.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 02:21:55 PM

And, the case for digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin gets stronger and stronger:

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh?

If we don't have the option of refusing the new card and keeping the old "archaic" magnetic stripe card, I'll let my scissors do the talking! 

For those who keep it...  If a trip to the mall garners a lot of up close and personal attention, you may want to check your credit card history when you get home.

Sounds like the next big aftermarket product will be designer metal cases to carry your card around in. Gotta protect from stray RF energy...  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:08:41 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 07:53:46 PM by Dyna

For those who keep it...  If a trip to the mall garners a lot of up close and personal attention, you may want to check your credit card history when you get home.

Sounds like the next big aftermarket product will be designer metal cases to carry your card around in. Gotta protect from stray RF energy...  Smiley

Very good discussion.  Keep it up.

There are advantages to be the first in certain situations, while in others it is more prudent to go slow, taking the time to observe and adjust. The credit/debit card system and its network have a huge security problem costing tens of billions of dollars as a result of stolen credit cards and other fraud.

Apple pay touch ID technology using a unique fingerprint and NFC (near field communication) does offer improved layers of security. In such a massive and complex business there are always associated problems and issues that are revealed over time. What we do know at this point is that Apple Pay is still using a costly and outdated credit card network system while adding another layer of cost to it.  

From a technology prospective, Bitcoin and other digital currencies have a huge advantage. Unfortunately, as the bankers know just too well; it will take a lot more than just technology. Until there is a stable, trusted digital currency, that has widespread acceptance worldwide, the bankers will remain comfortable that no one is stopping by to eat their lunches anytime soon.

This is like a very serious chess game and the stakes are high. Every move is strategic. We are about to make the next move. Stay tuned.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:28:22 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 04:54:51 PM by Dyna

Coming soon!

DNotesVault Press Release.

Here is an unedited sneak peek:

"The ability for any DNotes stakeholder, with a DNotesVault account, to send DNotes to anyone that has an email address is an invaluable feature when coupled with DNotesVault security and ease of use. With the holiday season fast approaching, one can stretch $100, or 22,000 DNotes, at the current price, to a long list of family and friends, even at the last minute. The recipient is directed to open an account at DNotesVault.com and the gifted amount will instantly show up in the new account balance."
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 08:31:10 PM by Chase

Coming soon!

"The ability for any DNotes stakeholder, with a DNotesVault account, to send DNotes to anyone that has an email address is an invaluable feature when coupled with DNotesVault security and ease of use. With the holiday season fast approaching, one can stretch $100, or 22,000 DNotes, at the current price, to a long list of family and friends, even at the last minute. The recipient is directed to open an account at DNotesVault.com and the gifted amount will instantly show up in the new account balance."

It feels like Christmas already and the press release sneak peek is looking (appropriately) like the beneficial 'snowball' effect!  What an amazing feature - great job!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

lifeforcepools

Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:05:06 PM

Anybody here from Lifeforce.info pool? Are you still up for DNotes? Do you plan to stay available?  I only ask because I'm thinking of switching to your pool but don't see any current users online. Thx...

yes - we have no intention f dropping Dnotes - I personally like the coin and see a bright future in the coin

http://dnotes.lifeforce.info

Smiley

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

Anybody here from Lifeforce.info pool? Are you still up for DNotes? Do you plan to stay available?  I only ask because I'm thinking of switching to your pool but don't see any current users online. Thx...

yes - we have no intention f dropping Dnotes - I personally like the coin and see a bright future in the coin

Smiley

Thanks lifeforcepools, we do too =)

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:59:00 AM

Smiley

Excellent, thanks!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 02:02:13 AM

And on the subject of sending DNotes via email, now your talking adoption! Great idea, use a universally accepted protocol to carry a new one to the masses. Gotta hand it to guys, that marketing!

I'm sure there's more to it, can't wait to hear!

DNotesVault
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:16:48 AM

Coming soon!

This is a game changer, I am eagerly awaiting its release.

On a side note I am also very proud to introduce Veterans for Digital Currency. A non profit organization that is focused on supporting retired & serving military members and their families. We are excited to assist military communities that want to get involved with digital currency. The president and co founder is a very good friend of mine that serves with the Canadian Armed Forces. He is extremely excited to learn and is very appreciative of the opportunity. He has also been a loyal DNotes miner since a month after launch. We have a meeting this weekend to discuss how V4DC will facilitate DNotesVault acceptance among our target demographic, and future direction of V4DC.

FireFighters for Digital Currency will also be looking to help encourage DNotesVault acceptance among Firefighters and other Emergency Service Personnel.

Keep up the great work DNotes team, and we'll do what we can to help.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:28:52 AM

I am thinking of making a site for Chinese to give out red digital packages.. Could be nice to be able to present peeps with digital package DNOTES gifts..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:39:19 PM

I am thinking of making a site for Chinese to give out red digital packages.. Could be nice to be able to present peeps with digital package DNOTES gifts..

Remember AOL?  I still say put together a package with a small thumb drive loaded with say, 1000 DNotes, wallet software and instructions and either give them away at every store that has a checkout line or, sell for a dollar. Introduce people to crypto currency using DNotes....

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 04:04:25 PM

Remember AOL?  I still say put together a package with a small thumb drive loaded with say, 1000 DNotes, wallet software and instructions and either give them away at every store that has a checkout line or, sell for a dollar. Introduce people to crypto currency using DNotes....

AOL pulled that off brilliantly and it's a great idea. The challenge for us would be finding a way to make it exciting, cheat proof, and cost effective. 1,000 DNotes is worth roughly $5, and after only giving away 1,000 we've already reached 1,000,000 DNotes. Sending DNotes selectively to people who could have an impact on DNotes future is very attractive (Kids, Students/Colleges, Employers/Employees, Charities). However, that is what we plan to do with the CR.I.S.P. programs.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

Remember AOL?  I still say put together a package with a small thumb drive loaded with say, 1000 DNotes, wallet software and instructions and either give them away at every store that has a checkout line or, sell for a dollar. Introduce people to crypto currency using DNotes....

AOL pulled that off brilliantly and it's a great idea. The challenge for us would be finding a way to make it exciting, cheat proof, and cost effective. 1,000 DNotes is worth roughly $5, and after only giving away 1,000 we've already reached 1,000,000 DNotes. Sending DNotes selectively to people who could have an impact on DNotes future is very attractive (Kids, Students/Colleges, Employers/Employees, Charities). However, that is what we plan to do with the CR.I.S.P. programs.

Too many zeros, I see your point. Question: Is v1.1.0.0 still the latest client?

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

Too many zeros, I see your point. Question: Is v1.1.0.0 still the latest client?

Yep, sure is.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:20:49 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 06:34:54 PM by Dyna

May be we should slow down on this one since we do not have enough DNotes to give away, even just one DNotes per person in China, LOL.

“China, officially the People's Republic of China, is a sovereign state located in East Asia. It is the world's most populous country, with a population of over 1.35 billion. Wikipedia” Currently, we only have 93 million DNotes in circulation.

Just a fun fact though, since it does not have to be just DNotes.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:13:43 AM

Flashback to November, 2013!

Top 30 on CoinMarketCap, Bitcoin reaches $1000...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/27/the-top-30-crypto-currency-market-capitalizations-in-one-place/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:18:12 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 04:35:11 AM by Dyna

Coming soon!

This is a game changer, I am eagerly awaiting its release.

On a side note I am also very proud to introduce Veterans for Digital Currency. A non profit organization that is focused on supporting retired & serving military members and their families. We are excited to assist military communities that want to get involved with digital currency. The president and co founder is a very good friend of mine that serves with the Canadian Armed Forces. He is extremely excited to learn and is very appreciative of the opportunity. He has also been a loyal DNotes miner since a month after launch. We have a meeting this weekend to discuss how V4DC will facilitate DNotesVault acceptance among our target demographic, and future direction of V4DC.

FireFighters for Digital Currency will also be looking to help encourage DNotesVault acceptance among Firefighters and other Emergency Service Personnel.

Keep up the great work DNotes team, and we'll do what we can to help.

We are delighted to learn that your strong efforts and commitments to support different non-profit/charity organizations are beginning to bear some fruits. We will be delighted to support your efforts as much as we can.

DNotes has a high potential to be the best store of value. Along with the capabilities of DNotesVault, CR.I.S.P. for charities could become very popular quickly. Charity fund raising could accept DNotes, Bitcoin and other crypto currencies and store away a portion of the proceeds in DNotes using DNotesVault to take advantage of the security and high potential value appreciation. This alone could be a game changer making DNotes very popular and trustworthy. I was the General Secretary of the YMCA in Sabah, Malaysia for a number of years and deeply appreciate the hard work and dedication required to conduct successful fund raising. Getting  healthy returns on money raised could go a long way.
kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

I started mining this on the actual day one and have done so off and on through the age of having 4 280x cards running to a widow miner to cloud hashing.. I have faith in this one and have never sold a single Dnote...I hope one day this one makes it because the greed, the pumps and dumps are not here which makes this environment a breath of fresh air in the cryptoworld...keep up the work and I hope the forth coming developments work out well...
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 07:42:52 PM

I started mining this on the actual day one and have done so off and on through the age of having 4 280x cards running to a widow miner to cloud hashing.. I have faith in this one and have never sold a single Dnote...I hope one day this one makes it because the greed, the pumps and dumps are not here which makes this environment a breath of fresh air in the cryptoworld...keep up the work and I hope the forth coming developments work out well...

DNotes has been a solid performer since day one and I'm sure will continue to be so in the future. Many other coins could do well to follow DNotes way of doing things...

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: