Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:31:46 PM

Hello,

Something great happened, Genesis Mining Added DNote to there mining coins!
Lot of visibility for this great crypto coin. This really can boost the coins value  Smiley

Screenshot Genesis Mining Dashboard

Thanks! Can you receive payouts in DNotes as well?

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:13:10 PM

Do you guys think the BTC price movement today could be a sign that institutional investors are showing a higher level of interest in cryptocurrency?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:14:58 AM

Do you guys think the BTC price movement today could be a sign that institutional investors are showing a higher level of interest in cryptocurrency?

There could be some small participation. It has certainly attracted a lot more Wall Street traders because of a wider spread, and more predictable trading behavior. Professional traders apparently have been doing well trading Bitcoin and altcoins.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:00:02 AM

This one is dedicated to our friend TeeGee, in New Zealand studying hard for his final exam. Good luck and see you soon.

New Zealand Deputy Governor: 'The Reserve Bank Does Not Feel Threatened by Bitcoin'

New Zealand deputy governor Grant Spencer says New Zealand's central bank, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, is not threatened by Bitcoin, but is eventually planning to tighten regulation.
In a speech delivered to the Payments New Zealand's premier industry conference on November 11 in Auckland, deputy governor Grant Spencer stated:
"As the currency issuer, the Reserve Bank does not feel threatened by Bitcoin which seems to behave more like a commodity than a currency."
"However," continued Spencer, "I do not doubt that future digital currencies will become more realistic substitutes for cash."

Read more:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112904/new-zealand-deputy-governor-the-reserve-bank-does-not-feel-threatened-by-bitcoin

Hi all, thanks for the mention!

I'm looking very forward to finishing my exam this saturday, the NZ central bank has indeed been making noises in regards to digital currency. I really enjoy learning / researching and writing on the topic, and hopefully I can help contribute to growing the community in a manner that fits in with the founders plans like so many other participants here.

One of my friends got married the weekend just been, I drove 8 hours there and back to attend, losing much study time, but I'm sure he will love the Dnotes that will be waiting for him in his DnotesVault when he returns from his honeymoon. I had to get his wife something different because I wasn't sure how Digital Currency friendly she was, but it was lovely to meet her, and I look forward to talking to more people in Auckland, New Zealand about digital currency the next time I'm up there (a couple of people made the mistake of asking me about economics, and my career plans with it at the wedding haha - big mistake!). Everybody was really receptive, I was really pleased with that.

One of the things I stated already, is that I really enjoy researching and sharing what I've learned with others. Sometimes I just post information I find elsewhere because I'm not sure whether I agree or not (e.g. BTC exchange price manipulation, ZenCloud by GAW having no physical hardware that they mine with etc) but I'd be more than happy to entertain this great community with the product of my time researching, if you guys have areas of Digital Currency or related philosophy that you think are unclear to the community, please publicly make a case for why research in that area would be of benefit, and I'll see what I can find. Many people here have jobs, children and other such commitments that make finding the time to do such research difficult - I'm going to have 3 months of a far reduced work load (unless I get a full time job over summer) where I can contribute blog posts / whatever to aid others in ascertaining non-convoluted key information where they may draw their own conclusion.

Currently I'm thinking a compare / contrast of what Dnotes is doing so well, with key named examples, illustrated with relationships highlighted that demonstrate how such approaches are a proven success in the business world. This would then be contrasted to the features and strategic failures of other currencies, with comparison to business examples in other emerging markets.

This is not just useful for the existing community, but for those with an interest in investing with Dnotes. I could put together a draft, and if there are good writers among us (qiwoman?), they could proof read and ensure it is condensed to an engaging length.

Anyway, shall talk to you all come saturday / sunday.

kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:50:47 AM

Hey all thanks for all the nice chat ...I support this 100 percent ...and with the way even the pools get fixed when you ask its great no stress you ask you get help ...well I have read allot about a coin and it has a dev who has done his best with limited resources and has some pretty good ideas and just thought with the kinda support we have here the guy and community there could use us I don't know what all we can do but I believe the man is a good person with a lot of good ideas he could offer because everyone who makes us better makes us stronger ...check it out read about it maybe chat with him its had some good ups but just not enough help there.....The coin is Servx or xsx its on limited exchanges but worth a look maybe to even incorporate some of the ideas he has...and the
Dev is McGee I think.....I just think it might work I hold very few coins of this maybe 2000 but it has potential to better us here and I think building a name for Dnotes as the group who will help others succeed might be a good thing ...just a thought ...thanks for considering this later all...
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:06:14 AM

And, the case for digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin gets stronger and stronger:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory Doctorow at 8:00 pm Tue, Nov 4, 2014

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh?

If we don't have the option of refusing the new card and keeping the old "archaic" magnetic stripe card, I'll let my scissors do the talking!  

For those who keep it...  If a trip to the mall garners a lot of up close and personal attention, you may want to check your credit card history when you get home.

Sounds like the next big aftermarket product will be designer metal cases to carry your card around in. Gotta protect from stray RF energy...  Smiley

Very good discussion.  Keep it up.

There are advantages to be the first in certain situations, while in others it is more prudent to go slow, taking the time to observe and adjust. The credit/debit card system and its network have a huge security problem costing tens of billions of dollars as a result of stolen credit cards and other fraud.

Apple pay touch ID technology using a unique fingerprint and NFC (near field communication) does offer improved layers of security. In such a massive and complex business there are always associated problems and issues that are revealed over time. What we do know at this point is that Apple Pay is still using a costly and outdated credit card network system while adding another layer of cost to it.  

From a technology prospective, Bitcoin and other digital currencies have a huge advantage. Unfortunately, as the bankers know just too well; it will take a lot more than just technology. Until there is a stable, trusted digital currency, that has widespread acceptance worldwide, the bankers will remain comfortable that no one is stopping by to eat their lunches anytime soon.

This is like a very serious chess game and the stakes are high. Every move is strategic. We are about to make the next move. Stay tuned.

How about Near Field Communication Bitcoin wallet implanted in your skin???  It sounds like something out of an old spy novel. 

http://www.coindesk.com/meet-tiny-bitcoin-wallet-lives-skin/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:58:42 AM

Hey all thanks for all the nice chat ...I support this 100 percent ...and with the way even the pools get fixed when you ask its great no stress you ask you get help ...well I have read allot about a coin and it has a dev who has done his best with limited resources and has some pretty good ideas and just thought with the kinda support we have here the guy and community there could use us I don't know what all we can do but I believe the man is a good person with a lot of good ideas he could offer because everyone who makes us better makes us stronger ...check it out read about it maybe chat with him its had some good ups but just not enough help there.....The coin is Servx or xsx its on limited exchanges but worth a look maybe to even incorporate some of the ideas he has...and the
Dev is McGee I think.....I just think it might work I hold very few coins of this maybe 2000 but it has potential to better us here and I think building a name for Dnotes as the group who will help others succeed might be a good thing ...just a thought ...thanks for considering this later all...

Thanks for your continued support. We do try to be as prompt and supportive as we can. DNotes' success is the result of group efforts. When we all believe in the same thing that are mutually beneficial to all, we are much more likely to work productively as a group.

We are mindful that there is much hardship in our industry and often wish we can be of help. I did check out Servx coin as suggested but not sure how we can be helpful. It takes a great deal of commitment and resources to build a successful currency. Perhaps when DNotes reached a higher level of success, we will be in a better position to be of help. As a matter of fact. CryptoMoms is a popular place for many to promote their currency at no cost. We certainly intent to do more in the future.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:03:17 AM

And, the case for digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin gets stronger and stronger:

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh?

If we don't have the option of refusing the new card and keeping the old "archaic" magnetic stripe card, I'll let my scissors do the talking!  

For those who keep it...  If a trip to the mall garners a lot of up close and personal attention, you may want to check your credit card history when you get home.

Sounds like the next big aftermarket product will be designer metal cases to carry your card around in. Gotta protect from stray RF energy...  Smiley

There are advantages to be the first in certain situations, while in others it is more prudent to go slow, taking the time to observe and adjust. The credit/debit card system and its network have a huge security problem costing tens of billions of dollars as a result of stolen credit cards and other fraud.

Apple pay touch ID technology using a unique fingerprint and NFC (near field communication) does offer improved layers of security. In such a massive and complex business there are always associated problems and issues that are revealed over time. What we do know at this point is that Apple Pay is still using a costly and outdated credit card network system while adding another layer of cost to it.  

From a technology prospective, Bitcoin and other digital currencies have a huge advantage. Unfortunately, as the bankers know just too well; it will take a lot more than just technology. Until there is a stable, trusted digital currency, that has widespread acceptance worldwide, the bankers will remain comfortable that no one is stopping by to eat their lunches anytime soon.

This is like a very serious chess game and the stakes are high. Every move is strategic. We are about to make the next move. Stay tuned.

How about Near Field Communication Bitcoin wallet implanted in your skin???  It sounds like something out of an old spy novel. 

Not sure if I like that. Does it need to be taken out every year to change the battery?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:07:09 AM

This one is dedicated to our friend TeeGee, in New Zealand studying hard for his final exam. Good luck and see you soon.

New Zealand Deputy Governor: 'The Reserve Bank Does Not Feel Threatened by Bitcoin'

New Zealand deputy governor Grant Spencer says New Zealand's central bank, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, is not threatened by Bitcoin, but is eventually planning to tighten regulation.
In a speech delivered to the Payments New Zealand's premier industry conference on November 11 in Auckland, deputy governor Grant Spencer stated:
"As the currency issuer, the Reserve Bank does not feel threatened by Bitcoin which seems to behave more like a commodity than a currency."
"However," continued Spencer, "I do not doubt that future digital currencies will become more realistic substitutes for cash."

Read more:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112904/new-zealand-deputy-governor-the-reserve-bank-does-not-feel-threatened-by-bitcoin

Hi all, thanks for the mention!

I'm looking very forward to finishing my exam this saturday, the NZ central bank has indeed been making noises in regards to digital currency. I really enjoy learning / researching and writing on the topic, and hopefully I can help contribute to growing the community in a manner that fits in with the founders plans like so many other participants here.

One of my friends got married the weekend just been, I drove 8 hours there and back to attend, losing much study time, but I'm sure he will love the Dnotes that will be waiting for him in his DnotesVault when he returns from his honeymoon. I had to get his wife something different because I wasn't sure how Digital Currency friendly she was, but it was lovely to meet her, and I look forward to talking to more people in Auckland, New Zealand about digital currency the next time I'm up there (a couple of people made the mistake of asking me about economics, and my career plans with it at the wedding haha - big mistake!). Everybody was really receptive, I was really pleased with that.

One of the things I stated already, is that I really enjoy researching and sharing what I've learned with others. Sometimes I just post information I find elsewhere because I'm not sure whether I agree or not (e.g. BTC exchange price manipulation, ZenCloud by GAW having no physical hardware that they mine with etc) but I'd be more than happy to entertain this great community with the product of my time researching, if you guys have areas of Digital Currency or related philosophy that you think are unclear to the community, please publicly make a case for why research in that area would be of benefit, and I'll see what I can find. Many people here have jobs, children and other such commitments that make finding the time to do such research difficult - I'm going to have 3 months of a far reduced work load (unless I get a full time job over summer) where I can contribute blog posts / whatever to aid others in ascertaining non-convoluted key information where they may draw their own conclusion.

Currently I'm thinking a compare / contrast of what Dnotes is doing so well, with key named examples, illustrated with relationships highlighted that demonstrate how such approaches are a proven success in the business world. This would then be contrasted to the features and strategic failures of other currencies, with comparison to business examples in other emerging markets.

This is not just useful for the existing community, but for those with an interest in investing with Dnotes. I could put together a draft, and if there are good writers among us (qiwoman?), they could proof read and ensure it is condensed to an engaging length.

Anyway, shall talk to you all come saturday / sunday.

Thanks for taking time off from your studies to make this post. Hope you do very well in your finals and looking forward to your next write-up.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:40:30 AM

How about Near Field Communication Bitcoin wallet implanted in your skin???  It sounds like something out of an old spy novel.  

Not sure if I like that. Does it need to be taken out every year to change the battery?

A solution already exists, I have one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Wallet-As-Seen-Indestructible/dp/B002JWM75S#

And as far as power goes no it needs no battery change, its a small chip, and it would pull it's power off the near field device it is connecting too.  Like the wireless battery re-chargers and cell phones
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:20:20 PM

Hello,

Lot of visibility for this great crypto coin. This really can boost the coins value  Smiley

Yes!!

The total Hashrate will go up for sure now Genesis Mining is supporting this coin.
This is a Huge Thing guys!

If you wanna mine @ Genesis Mining do not forget Discount Voucher code: MOON
MOON the moon is where we headed whit DNotes  Smiley

Website https://www.genesis-mining.com

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

How about Near Field Communication Bitcoin wallet implanted in your skin???  It sounds like something out of an old spy novel.  

A solution already exists, I have one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Wallet-As-Seen-Indestructible/dp/B002JWM75S#

And as far as power goes no it needs no battery change, its a small chip, and it would pull it's power off the near field device it is connecting too.  Like the wireless battery re-chargers and cell phones

Having done work in the field in the past, I can tell you its a BAD idea from the security and operational point of view to embed anything in the hands. Everything you touch, come into contact with, or pass you hands over that produces strong electro magnetic fields has the potential to destroy the chips without you ever knowing it happened. And as far as security goes, devices can be placed everywhere to attempt to read the data on the chips. Sounds like a good way to loose your Bitcoin without even trying!

What a nightmare, count me out....   Shocked

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:15:49 PM

Having done work in the field in the past, I can tell you its a BAD idea from the security and operational point of view to embed anything in the hands. Everything you touch, come into contact with, or pass you hands over that produces strong electro magnetic fields has the potential to destroy the chips without you ever knowing it happened. And as far as security goes, devices can be placed everywhere to attempt to read the data on the chips. Sounds like a good way to loose your Bitcoin without even trying!

What a nightmare, count me out....   Shocked

I never made it past the creepy, nails on chalkboard feeling of having something implanted under my skin, to even consider battery life or security!!  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:33:47 PM

The following article is quite persuasive that digital currency can be the answer to those whom the banks have not been able to service, (the unbanked). According to this article, there could be as many as 3.5 billion people worldwide that the banks have not been able to serve directly. I have not spent time to verify that number but I am totally convinced that the potential is massive. There is a strong tie to cross border currency transfer and DNotes will position itself to be a significant player in this niche.

There are more things happening in the digital currency space every day than anyone can keep up with. The growth of the ecosystem evolving around Bitcoin and the blockchain has been explosive with very large investment pouring in. The success of Bitcoin is very important to everyone currently invested in our industry. A “rising tide lifts all boats.” What is good for Bitcoin is also good for DNotes.

By all measures, Bitcoin has done extremely well and we are appreciative of everything they have been doing. They have been doing a good job in many different areas, including building widespread awareness worldwide. What they have not been able to do is making the value of Bitcoin stable to truly take advantage of Bitcoin low transaction cost. The need for a stable digital currency is a prerequisite for mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency. DNotes is totally focused to be that currency.

From
 Virgin Entrepreneur:  

Why Bitcoin will do to banking what the cell phone did to communication

By: Dominic Frisby
5 November, 2014

Let me tell you a little story about the telephone. Once upon a time – as late as 2008, in fact - the world had almost 1.3 billion landlines...

People love to communicate, if they can. Telecoms companies love to profit from people communicating, if they can. They’ll lay cables anywhere in the world, if they think they can make money out of it.
So, with some seven billion people on the planet, the vast majority of whom, one assumes, are not hermits and like communicating, you might expect that 1.3 billion figure to have been higher. Along comes the mobile phone and the point is proved. There are now 6.3 billion users in a global population of 6.9 billion people. More people have a mobile phone than have a toilet, a recent UN study showed.
Of course, the superior technology of the cell phone is such that broader coverage is considerably cheaper than it is with the landline. But there is something else, something that enabled the cell phone to succeed where the landline failed.

It is what economists call ‘financial inclusion’.

Quite simply, many people couldn’t get access to the basic financial services needed to get a landline. Landlines were, except for pay-phones, credit-based. You needed a bank account. Many people might have liked a landline, but couldn’t. The financial system actually prevented them. The telecoms companies concluded that the demand was not there, they did not put in the infrastructure and people were held back by their inability to communicate.

But with the cell phone, you don’t need a bank account. You can buy the credit you need with cash. There are not the same barriers to entry. Anyone can get one – and they have.

How Bitcoin could enable 3.5 billion financially excluded people to participate in world trade:

It is estimated that half of all adults worldwide do not have access to basic financial services. According to the World Bank, the reasons for this are "poverty, the cost, the travel distance and the necessary paperwork to open an account."
Only two billion people are ‘banked’ and participate in ecommerce. Yet about 5.5 billion have at least some access to the internet. That’s a potential 3.5 billion people who could participate in ecommerce but don’t, because they don’t have access to the necessary financial infrastructure.

Thanks to Bitcoin and other forms of mobile money, this lack of basic financial services is no longer a barrier to entry. You don’t need a bank account or any of that stuff. That’s history. All you need to participate in ecommerce is some internet access. Most of the world’s population will have that long before they have proper sanitation, education or healthcare.

It is estimated that half of all adults worldwide do not have access to basic financial services.

And the developed world will have a potential 3.5 billion new people to outsource jobs to, to sell products to and to receive products from. That is a lot of new trade. In fact, the money that the unbanked 3.5 billion make from ecommerce might enable them to buy the sanitation, education and healthcare they have been so deprived of and escape the poverty that has so blighted them. It’s rather like the Industrial Revolution enabling workers to escape rural poverty, and, within a generation, become part of a new, emerging educated middle class. We can already see this process happening in Africa.

Read more:
http://www.virgin.com/entrepreneur/why-bitcoin-will-do-to-banking-what-the-cell-phone-did-to-communication
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:03:18 PM

Here is the latest from the Bank of Canada.  It appears they don't feel threatened by cryptocurrency and are taking a relatively 'friendly' wait and see approach.  They do mention that digital currencies will be useful in things like cross border commerce and remittances.

"Bank of Canada Keeping 'Close Eye' on Digital Currencies"

http://www.coindesk.com/bank-canada-keeping-close-eye-digital-currencies/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:07:22 PM

Update on DNotesVault:

The web design is complete but the software integration still needs more attention. The press release has been written, edited and positioned for quick release. This is causing a slight delay, which I believe will take less than two weeks to be ironed out.

The second press release on CR.I.S.P. for kids will follow within days of DNotesVault’s launch. It was scheduled to be ten days apart. As mentioned earlier, we will be offering a large family of CR.I.S.Ps., including CR.I.S.P. for students, and  CR.I.S.P. for charities.

DNotesVault is an invaluable and strategic vehicle. Coupled with CryptoMoms and DNotes, we will have a powerful package with far reaching capabilities. Start making a list of family and friends you love to share some of your DNotes with this coming holiday season. A few of our large stakeholders have already set aside a generous amount of DNotes to give CR.I.S.P. for Kids a head start. You get the kids started. We will give the early adopters a helping hand. The early birds get the worms. I am extremely excited about DNotesVault and will provide further updates when necessary.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:26:34 AM

Here is the latest from the Bank of Canada.  It appears they don't feel threatened by cryptocurrency and are taking a relatively 'friendly' wait and see approach.  They do mention that digital currencies will be useful in things like cross border commerce and remittances.

"Bank of Canada Keeping 'Close Eye' on Digital Currencies"

http://www.coindesk.com/bank-canada-keeping-close-eye-digital-currencies/

Thanks, Chase. That is a very interesting article. Digital currency is now getting the attention of Bankers, governing authorities, and nations. This is a good sign of progress for mankind. No one should have to feel threatened by technological progress and improvement in efficiency.

Mass consumer and merchant adoption will still be years away. Personally, I think that it is highly unlikely that digital currency will replace fiat currency. It will supplement fiat currency. That alone offers a huge potential for massive job and wealth creation. Understanding all the different dynamics going on worldwide is crucial as to how a digital currency like DNotes is positioned.

This is a ground floor opportunity for CR.I.S.P. participants. Our legacy is to see to it that a lot of common people are given an honest opportunity to gain some financial freedom. When others do well, we all will do well.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:38:04 AM

Hello,

Yes!!

The total Hashrate will go up for sure now Genesis Mining is supporting this coin.

Sounds good. I added it to the OP and sent it out on social media.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:05:36 AM

The following article from Coindesk is worth reading. Just bear in mind that "the participants, primarily working in IT operations, security and technology deployment, are “all familiar with and involved” in their organisations’ electronic payments practices."

Coindesk:

Nermin Hajdarbegovic | Published on November 13, 2014 at 19:07 GMT
http://www.coindesk.com/hp-survey-79-us-organisations-plan-adopt-digital-currencies/

HP Survey: 79% of US Organisations Plan to Adopt Digital Currencies

Digital currencies now feature in the long-term strategies of US businesses, according to a new study of electronic payment trends.
The Ponemon Institute report, commissioned by tech giant hp, found that 79% of respondents planned to support digital currencies like bitcoin in the future.Additionally, 80% of the 634 US residents surveyed said they expect digital currencies to overtake paper currencies in the future.

The report's authors point out that the participants, primarily working in IT operations, security and technology deployment, are “all familiar with and involved” in their organisations’ electronic payments practices. In addition to digital currencies, the report also deals with security, authentication systems, emerging technologies, wireless standards such as Near Field Communication (NFC) and mobile services like Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

No shortage of interest in bitcoin

Overall, the report indicates that perceptions of new electronic payment systems are positive and digital currencies have their fair share of support. While digital wallets are popular, respondents remain concerned about security risks, however. Indeed, the single biggest barrier to adoption of innovative payments technologies is security, it says.

The report concludes that widespread adoption of digital currencies is “inevitable” because both companies and consumers are willing to embrace them. In total, 60% of respondents said digital currencies are an important part of their organisation’s electronic payment strategy, with 26% saying they "strongly agree" with that statement.

Respondents were particularly bullish on mobile payments and 75% confirmed their organisations plan to offer support for mobile payments in the near future, while 59% said they will integrate support for stored value cards. Digital currencies came in third, with 43% of respondents saying they will play a part in their mobile payment strategy.

Long-term optimism

When asked whether digital currencies will overtake paper currencies in the future, the majority of respondents said yes.
Most expect this to occur within 5-10 years and only 20% of those surveyed said this would never happen.

A similar trend is visible in digital wallets, but respondents expect adoption to be somewhat faster.

24% said they would adopt digital wallets over the next two years, while a further 56% said they would do so over a 5-10 year period.

For the time being, support for digital currencies remains limited. Just 14% of respondents said their organisations support digital currencies already.

Interest is picking up, however. 11% of respondents said they plan to integrate support over the next 6 months, while 9% expect integration over the next 12 months.

Many of those surveyed (45%) said their organisations intend to roll out support for digital currencies more than a year from now, while 21% said there were no plans for support.

When asked how important the acceptance of paperless or virtual currencies (such as bitcoin) is to their organisation’s innovative electronic payment strategy, 40% of respondents said it was essential, while 43% described it as "very important".

Only 11% described digital currency integration as "somewhat important", followed by 6% of respondents who said it was not important. None of the respondents described it as "irrelevant".

Security challenges remain a big concern

New payment models also bring new security challenges and most respondents said one-time passwords or tokens will be the most important approaches, followed by federated identity and authentication systems and multi-factor authentication.

Digital currencies are associated with a number of specific security concerns that may or may not affect other forms of payment.
When asked whether the acceptance of digital currencies would increase or decrease the security and integrity of electronic payments, the majority of respondents said it would result in a decrease.

The majority (42%) said they expect a decrease, while 41% said digital currencies would result in a ‘significant decrease’.
Just 2% expect a significant increase and an additional 5% expect an increase, while 10% said digital currency adoption would have no impact on security.

It should be noted that these concerns are not limited to digital currencies, as most respondents also said digital wallet integration would have a negative effect on security.

Digital wallets fared somewhat better than digital currencies, but 34% of respondents still said they would bring a 'significant decrease' in security, while 37% said they expect a decrease.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:37:23 PM

Hello,

Yes!!

This is the first cloud mining service I've seen that pays in the coin of your choice. Seems pricey by today's standards though, you can buy 1 mh/s Scrypt for $6.95 on GAW. I'd be interested in the price was more competitive.

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: