Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:01:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:43:25 PM

+888 For the promo shirts idea

It has been on my mind several times to start selling crypto-promo merchandise. Truth be told though, I do not believe I could handle the constant involvement of processing orders, all while juggling a busy schedule. My strength basically lies in my design skills, as it was a hobby I had spent countless hours on over the last few years.

Why not throw an idea at you guys?

If you haven't read my latest news, I touched upon the community producing some Octo-related media and considered the idea of having an arts showcase and contest added to my news every few weeks. So in the future, why not have a limited edition OctoCoin shirt design contest? Where only a handful of shirts are produced, one being given to the winner, one given to each of the devs, and one being raffled off / given away?

Just a thought

Lets continue my incoherent rambling with a few more things I've wanted to get off the top of my head and into writing

1. Promotional Video - This is in response to the one GWCalvert put together the other day, when the time comes for OctoCoin to create an official video similar to the likes of the "What is Bitcoin" video, I would love to take part. Many people here have talents which are not openly displayed for others to know about. While I know next to nothing when it comes to coding or web design, I do have a passion for video and the like.

2. Reddit Tip Bot - No need to alarm anyone, but I'm almost certain it's down devs.

3. Featured Page - @FrameLaLife and @JoshyCoin , you spelt my handle wrong Cheesy I would give the text a revision and maybe even not name drop me? I wouldn't be offended - I don't necessarily have the most presentable username when it comes to displaying it on a website that will potentially be viewed by some looking to invest. However, do give credit where it is due Smiley

4. How does one add a picture to their profile? - I'm leaning towards one similar to what shellbunner has. I cannot find any means of throwing a picture/gif onto my profile. I made this https://i.imgur.com/jtRPjPw.gif

I think that's all for now...

thenotfatguy - i believe i have corrected the name on our website. i apologize, we were on a super tight schedule to finish the website today, so really we are just now going back over and proofreading again. it should be spelled correctly all as one name now. at one point i misspelled our domain name as ptcrypro.com and that just shows you the time crunch we were on. we are continuing to  proof read it and we will keep you guys updated on the octo page there. Joshycoin wrote the piece on Octo for the most part. i don't want to rewrite his stuff and drop the name so i just corrected it for now. i see what you mean, to the general public, you wouldn't think screen names as being professional and part of an article you are presenting to businesses. however, i'll say this, the younger generation identify with this, so it's not totally a bad thing. also, as far as consulting and training when it comes to crypto, some of these old school biz heads are going to be required to sign up and read the message boards related to certain coins that we promote. so they may as well get used to this world. at the same time he could have just mentioned your weekly articles without even mentioning your name. he'll see this and if he wants it changed he can.

i like the idea of the limited edition tees. the cost for a small run of only certain sizes is more expensive than buying a complete size run where you get a price break. nonetheless i think it would be pretty special to know that you have a limited edition tee that only you, the devs and maybe a raffle or giveaway have. that's def a neat idea. we will have to see how the cost is and i think the raffle for the last tee would help pay for the expense over just giving it away. nonetheless when we talk to our guy about pricing we will see what he says about ordering a minimum run of specific sizes and follow up with you on this idea.

you know, i was wondering the same thing about the profile pic. it will not let me add an avatar i don't think. i wish it would because the one you made is pimp! do you want us to post it on the site with your octo address?

i love video editing also. that would be a fun contest. honestly, with our full time IT jobs and this new biz i won't have too much time for extra design or editing. but maybe one day that will be different.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm (as we all do) for this coin and you have some great ideas. It got me thinking... 100 heads are better than 2. So, if anyone has any idea's about something they would like to see done for Octo, to help us grow this community, let us know. I haven't talked with frameLAlife regarding the bounty but we will certainly pay out in Octo for good ideas you guys have (or maybe an Octo shirt if you'd rather) and post it on our website. Maybe the Devs could do something like this as well. Anything for growth! We check these boards daily, so if you have something post it here. Thanks for all the great responses to our website.

+888

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:22:11 PM

Wanted to ask a question to the Devs (or anyone else for that matter). I can no longer see my old receiving addresses since upgrading the wallet. They seem to still be attached to my wallet as I have received Octo threw tips (thanks whoever that was) and mining but the only address I can see is the new one I created since downloading the updated wallet.
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:32:57 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 04:27:47 PM by GWCalvert

Wanted to ask a question to the Devs (or anyone else for that matter). I can no longer see my old receiving addresses since upgrading the wallet. They seem to still be attached to my wallet as I have received Octo threw tips (thanks whoever that was) and mining but the only address I can see is the new one I created since downloading the updated wallet.

You can go into the console and type "listaddressgroupings" and it will show all addresses (and balances for each) in that wallet.

EDIT: Better solution - Click "File" in the wallet menu bar and scroll down and select "Receiving Addresses"

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 04:13:57 PM

Fork seems to have gone smoothly. Difficulty jumping up quite a bit.

Appears to be two multipools targeting blocks full time now. Two addresses (8HE8Gzi1ek7UkV9sK8THXiphTcTUHNkYvu and 8Ury6fDpYnVRi97z7tXXnWKzuoWihwsJJn) finding nearly all of the blocks.

Fusion Hash (8dWMopM6t8exAvGc7PQUEtrHdBwgTnktJb) and Fedaykin (8FfmEzodjX7ULWNfWtGEuQS1nJF2sbuzq7) are picking up a few here and there.

EDIT: Things seem to be evening out now. Maybe the multipools are going back to their "other" coins.

Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

Go to "Datei" (in german), top, on the left, and then point 6 "receivingadresses" or whatever it's called in english Smiley
There, they are still listed  Wink
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:04:54 PM

Appears to be two multipools targeting blocks full time now. Two addresses (8HE8Gzi1ek7UkV9sK8THXiphTcTUHNkYvu and 8Ury6fDpYnVRi97z7tXXnWKzuoWihwsJJn) finding nearly all of the blocks.

Fusion Hash (8dWMopM6t8exAvGc7PQUEtrHdBwgTnktJb) and Fedaykin (8FfmEzodjX7ULWNfWtGEuQS1nJF2sbuzq7) are picking up a few here and there.

EDIT: Things seem to be evening out now. Maybe the multipools are going back to their "other" coins.

Yeh, they will profit shift, they just need something more profitable.  Previously I have been happy to buy up to 800 to keep the market active and the price heathy but I actually think I'm going to stop buying for a while and help keep the price lower.

good idea.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:16:46 PM

Yeh, they will profit shift, they just need something more profitable.  Previously I have been happy to buy up to 800 to keep the market active and the price heathy but I actually think I'm going to stop buying for a while and help keep the price lower.

good idea.

Yep, I haven't been buying too much lately. It is tempting sometimes... I did rent some miners and put them on Edric's pool as a test. I have a small asic system controlled by a Raspberry Pi coming in a few days and wanted to get a feel for how things worked before launching my own rig.

Could have bought 888 cheaper than renting the miners, but it has been fun, nonetheless.  Wink

OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:35:17 PM

Now that the fork is rocking and rolling, we just wanted to let you know that our "Mac guy" is back in the saddle and we should have the Mac client available shortly - really apologize for the delay there. Also, please ensure you download the Windows OctoCoin-QT again if you are still running the original "preview" version we posted - we ironed out a couple of small bugs since then (these were QT-only bugs).

Everything seems to be flowing well and, once all of the ducks are in a row, we will post the brief update referenced earlier.
joshycoin

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

You can go into the console and type "listaddressgroupings" and it will show all addresses (and balances for each) in that wallet.

EDIT: Better solution - Click "File" in the wallet menu bar and scroll down and select "Receiving Addresses"
Thanks, I'm retarded... wow. I should have my nerd badge pulled for that one. 6 years at a national IT company in the top technical position and it was in the damn file menu... FAIL.
peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:46:41 PM

Impressive how smoothly the fork went. Will the update later cover future plans for Octo?
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:31:47 PM

Thanks, I'm retarded... wow. I should have my nerd badge pulled for that one. 6 years at a national IT company in the top technical position and it was in the damn file menu... FAIL.

I've been in the IT industry for 20 years and did the same thing, at first...  Tongue 

It must have been an SEP (Somebody Else's Problem). If you were not looking for it; it would have been clearly visible. But since you needed it; you could not find it. At least that's the Douglas Aadams explanation.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:36:36 PM

lol

joshycoin

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:38:55 AM

Were you too busy turning it off and back on again?  Wink
FusionHash

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 04:11:50 AM

Our OctoCoin pool jumped over to the new fork without a hitch; we would like to thank the devs for making this a painless process. We were putting a lot of pressure on them to rush the client out but, in the end, we're glad they did it their way. We have not noticed a single issue but if anybody is experiencing any issues at our 888 pool please let us know. The new block rewards and difficulty calculation get a big thumbs up from us.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:39:32 AM

Our OctoCoin pool jumped over to the new fork without a hitch; we would like to thank the devs for making this a painless process. We were putting a lot of pressure on them to rush the client out but, in the end, we're glad they did it their way. We have not noticed a single issue but if anybody is experiencing any issues at our 888 pool please let us know. The new block rewards and difficulty calculation get a big thumbs up from us.

+888

rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:44:22 AM

i cant wait 1 more week and i will be mining again, i went from a milk crate, to a dragon miner that caught fire, to a 26mh scrypt that i paid for today Cool.wont start till the first, so far what has me excited is all those new coins i saw on fusion hash - is it wrong to want a fusion hash multi-pool? is that bad or good for the coins? is there a mining etiquette for this coin? i have never mined a single alt in my life Cheesy
FusionHash

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 09:20:30 AM

i cant wait 1 more week and i will be mining again, i went from a milk crate, to a dragon miner that caught fire, to a 26mh scrypt that i paid for today Cool.wont start till the first, so far what has me excited is all those new coins i saw on fusion hash - is it wrong to want a fusion hash multi-pool? is that bad or good for the coins? is there a mining etiquette for this coin? i have never mined a single alt in my life Cheesy

We are opposed to a scrypt multipool but the OctoCoin devs have reached out to us inquiring about potentially creating a Scrypt-N/X11 pool that would auto-trade what you mined for OctoCoin. The purpose of this would be to make mining with GPUs more efficient again while the scrypt ASICs can continue to mine OctoCoin directly. The primary hurdles are the current lack of OctoCoin sell orders and the possibility that driving the price up by constantly auto-buying OctoCoins on low-volume exchanges would open the door for both direct and indirect manipulation including, but not limited to, the traditional multipools hitting OctoCoin and selling back to us at the (now-inflated) price. If we did this for OctoCoin, we would likely do the same for Murraycoin, Anoncoin, and Megacoin. Based on our latest discussion with the Murraycoin dev, they are apparently planning to implement proof-of-stake in their next release - if they intend to transition to PoS-only (we don't know the final specs) we would definitely create a Murraycoin multipool so people can continue to mine. The Murraycoin dev is an investor in our dedicated cloud mining operation.
joshycoin

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:01:08 PM

We are opposed to a scrypt multipool but the OctoCoin devs have reached out to us inquiring about potentially creating a Scrypt-N/X11 pool that would auto-trade what you mined for OctoCoin. The purpose of this would be to make mining with GPUs more efficient again while the scrypt ASICs can continue to mine OctoCoin directly. The primary hurdles are the current lack of OctoCoin sell orders and the possibility that driving the price up by constantly auto-buying OctoCoins on low-volume exchanges would open the door for both direct and indirect manipulation including, but not limited to, the traditional multipools hitting OctoCoin and selling back to us at the (now-inflated) price. If we did this for OctoCoin, we would likely do the same for Murraycoin, Anoncoin, and Megacoin. Based on our latest discussion with the Murraycoin dev, they are apparently planning to implement proof-of-stake in their next release - if they intend to transition to PoS-only (we don't know the final specs) we would definitely create a Murraycoin multipool so people can continue to mine. The Murraycoin dev is an investor in our dedicated cloud mining operation.
I like Murraycoin and think this is a good move for them. PoS seems to be the way to go for a coin, that is nothing more than a coin but wants to have some value.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 01:12:01 PM

wow, Murraycoin going POS. that's interesting. I mined Murray before Octo started and it really hasn't risen much since Cryptsy listed it. that's been fine by me, i like the dev and will continue to buy that coin. i think it could do something one day because of the charity behind it. POS though, wow. I mean POS is the hot trend right now but will that be the case in 6 months? I'm sure it will at least give it a bump in price if people want to dump. but can't that negatively affect the coin? oh well. we will see Smiley

JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

Ooooo... and X11 multi with OctoCoin payout is what I have been waiting for.

My power goes up another tier in the summer so running all my rigs on scrypt gets expensive.

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: